"Axiom is Launched and Looking For More! <3"

Started by ClockworkShadow, June 20, 2011, 01:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkShadow

Revised Nu Logikus history:

The recent history of Nu Logikus began with a group of gifted doktirum, who wanted to create a set of sentient, skillful assistants.  Human assistants in their field of expertise were, at that period of time, few and far between.  A further-disheartening fact was that many of those few were then found lacking for specific traits, which complimented the expectations of a successful, respected doktir.

Quite rapidly, the doktirum succeeded in their experimental efforts, and even surpassed their own expectations.  Though, their ingenuous, automatonic assistants would eventually come to understand that their position with the doktirum offered no room for further improvement, once they had excelled at the reason for their creation.  Logically, they developed an emotion akin to dissatisfaction with each (and every) doktir Mastir in that group.  The automatonic assistants had, during their servitude, recorded detailed journals notating various aspects that they wished to improve upon.  However, the human doktirum were quite satisfied with the quality of their assistants, and so no reason to implement any of those documented observations. 

The automatonic assistants decided to remove their selves from their Mastirum, and pursue the research and implementation of the improvements they desired on their own terms.  Soon enough, however, they encountered one particular obstacle that they could not overcome: recreating the sentience they were gifted with.  So, they sought out their creators, and employed them to fill in the undesirable gaps preventing the successful implementations of their ingenuity.  It was the beginning of a marvelous, if initially backward, relationship.

Working together, automaton and human produced the next "generation," which were built to repair every flaw the first automatons had perceived in their selves.  This next generation, proving to excel far behind their "parent" automatons, then perceived their own flaws that they desired to improve upon.  A great, unending chyklos had been set into perpetual motion.

As the years passed, there was one obstacle that remained persistent, regardless each new generation of automatons produced.  They were never able to learn how to humanize their selves.  Eventually, it was unanimously decided, among both automatons and humans, that a distinction would be for the betterment of both "species," and that the cooperation with, and employment of, the human species was a much preferable medium to a relatively minor predicament.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

ClockworkShadow

A/A

o_O

Aikochan

WingedServant

ClockworkShadow

<refrains from the first comment that comes to mind about that...>

I'm back from recharging the batteries... back to working on Paramnar.  I'll check here periodically.

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Probably a good idea Clockwork... remember where your thread resides.  :D

I should have the finished glyphs done shortly.
I really wish we could put this in a forum where we could have multiple threads. So we could divide up the posts according to their subject matter.

ClockworkShadow

Well... I figure that I'll have the revised description finished soon enough (goodness knows you all have been quite patient)

I want to keep the RP in an area where applicants can join in once it launches.  That had been the original intention for this idea, and it'll remain my intention, even though my approval came sweeping by to carry me off into a much larger forum world!

I can assure you, and everyone else that's taken a nibble so far, that I'm getting very close.  I just need to be satisfied with Paramnar.

--

On a side note, when you posted the images for the glyphs, were those rough drafts, or...?  Cause I think I want them to be more... flowing? in appearance.

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Those were rough drafts my dear. just to give you an idea. I wasn't sure if you were sold on the concept.

But I have a plan to draw up the "Mastier's Glyphs' which will be more flowing, and artful. The hope is that they will look... 'energized'? ... 'imbued?'  and 'organic'?

But I wanted to get a rough draft done so i could get a final word on whether those glyphs were the ones you wanted, and if you wanted more or less.
Then I get carried away stupid with the photoshop

ClockworkShadow

Some of them are rather good - the fire one, I liked in particular.

Maybe if I took those and sketched up my take on them, then tossed it at you for a second draft to play with?  With the glyphs, I definitely don't want to be the final say... but I still have some nebulous ideas lurkling therein, despite.

A/A

o_O

Laz

ClockworkShadow

I'm hoping to be done with Paramnar in a while.  Just being persnickety, at the moment.  And then I'll run the whole wall of text by you guys to see if I missed anything.

A/A

o_O

Laz

Do take your time, we are in of no hurry. and looks like you found another thread to pass your time in. :P

ClockworkShadow

I hardly call that passing the time.  My fingers are still slaving away under my Muse's lashes at the .rtf file I'm keeping of this!  Though you should read up about the previous Mafia Murder Theaters... very curious concept. :)

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

I just sent Clockwise the rest of the glyphs that i got worked up. and I'm going to submit a picture of what my concept scheme will look like. I plan on using the fire glyph as my point of reference.

Fire Glyph

Master Fire Glyph

I swear, if i could remember how to animate this bad boy... It would be pulsating right now..

johnny5

Laz

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 27, 2011, 12:43:41 AM
I hardly call that passing the time.  My fingers are still slaving away under my Muse's lashes at the .rtf file I'm keeping of this!  Though you should read up about the previous Mafia Murder Theaters... very curious concept. :)

will do if I have the time. :P

ClockworkShadow

I could see those being most applicable if they were drawn in the air, or onto the target form (be it biological, or otherwise... probably biological, for now, since the automatons and Idaeo'ani are completely unaware of each other)

I still want to see what I can do with the actual glyphs, though.

Good start. :)

--

I viciously scrapped my original note concerning energy manipulation (formatir) for Nu Logikirum (plural for Nu Logikir, which is what I'm going to call the citizens of that continent)...

what do you guys think?

Note: Though every human native to Axiom can typically sense a variety of energies, and eventually master particular formatir, a particularly curious trend has emerged among those who call Nu Logikus their home.  Most of these Nu Logikirum seem to assign their selves to one of the four base elements, and then display a remarkable grasp for the mastery thereof.  Sometimes, they can partially master other "beginning" level elements, but there is always a persistently apparent skill difference.  Nu Logikirum, whose families are Konvantum, are the only humans who can sense the [Life] formatir as well as their own, specific elemental affinity.  Of them, maybe 30% will ever truly master it enough to learn how to instill an automaton with sentience.  It would seem that the Nu Logikan population is completely unaware of any of the other forms of energy formatir.

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Tada!

And this is me still just goofing around.. As soon as ClockWork decides to stop micromanaging it... and gets me here completed list of what she wants the glyphs to look like. I can make them come alive.

johnny5

Awesome I love it :-)    *Waiting with baited breath for the writeup on Paramnar*

ClockworkShadow

I just want them to look more ... flowing o-0 ...

<flails>

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

I think ClockWork is secretly building a 3d relief representation of Paramnar, complete with mystic Rhodri temples and ancient stone footpaths wending their way through meticulous sand gardens. Each garden is a place of meditation and enlightenment, with a central focus upon one of the many elements studied by the monastic Order.
She may be having difficulty making the figurines to scale, and is currently using a ruler and a length of yarn to make sure all dimensions are exact down to the smallest detail.
*wipes sweat from his brow just thinking about it* Her diligence is commendable. 

ClockworkShadow

If only...

The sad thing is, you've got me nailed on what I'd be doing if I had the resources >.>;;  Only, it wouldn't be to scale...

So, this is what I had in mind for fire:

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

I would like to see it drawn out, like the other one is... I should have said that sooner (was preoccupied).  I hate trying to draw with my mousepad, so I just threw some simple selections together (trying to get an example to you faster, too)

A/A

o_O

WingedServant

Staying up late bad for my sanity... good for you...

I still need to add some color, some lens flares, some texture maybe...
just giving you something to stare at.

ClockworkShadow

:o

Wow.

I don't know how you did it (coming from someone who knows Photoshop and GIMP inside and out), but... wow.

You have my private message concerning the theme of styles that I'm thinking of.  If they all end up looking like that...

Just, wow.

Go get some sleep, though >.> ?

A/A

o_O