Must See movies of 2011

Started by Callie Del Noire, January 05, 2011, 12:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Well this one is DEFINITELY one.. I'm a big Simon Peg/Nick Frost fan. (Loved Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz)

Paul Movie Trailer Official

Diabolus Lupus

HRH, awesome definitely gonna see. My only real comment is, of course Sigorney Weaver is gonna be in a movie about aliens.

Cybrewaste

Driving angry looks like a really really bad movie.

So bad It might actually be funny. :D
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Sinful Intention

I'm there!  Dragging some friends too.  Shaun of the Dead was very good and Hot Fuzz was just freaking genius in it's spoof on action comedies while still being original.  Now their doing the alien thing, I love it!

Crazymaniscrazy

Wow! Hadn't seen that preview yet but I love all their previous work.

I expect it to be bad, but I'm really excited to see Sucker Punch just for the spectacle of it.
Recently resurrected!

Callie Del Noire

Zack Snyder is doing it, so I'm curious to see how it goes..

And for those who haven't seen it yet...

Sucker Punch - Official HD Trailer by Zack Snyder

Bentley

Huh. I will see Sucker Punch.

Also in March is a movie called The Adjustment Bureau. It reminds me of Inception, but the similarities make me want to see it more.

Aiden

pavshia

Say what you want about me, but I can't wait for Thor and Captain America.

Callie Del Noire

Thor - Trailer (OFFICIAL)

Still nothing but teaser pictures on Cap. (figure they'd have SOMETHING by now.. but no..)

pavshia

Thanks for posting the trailer, I couldn't figure it out. I was surprised too that the Cap trailer isn't out yet. The movie is supposed to open this summer. Weird. Could be good. I am really looking forward to them bringing all of them together in Avengers.

AtlasEros

Quote from: pavshia on January 17, 2011, 11:07:04 AM
Say what you want about me, but I can't wait for Thor and Captain America.
I knew there was a Thor movie coming but I hadn't heard about Captain America, who's playing him?

I'll also be looking forward to seeing those movies.
O/O

Callie Del Noire

Chris Evans (aka Human Torch) with Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith/Elrond) as the Skull

AtlasEros

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 17, 2011, 01:26:52 PM
Chris Evans (aka Human Torch) with Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith/Elrond) as the Skull

Thanks, that's odd to me that they'd have someone play two different super heroes.
O/O

Callie Del Noire

No more odd than the choice they put out for the Green Lantern (who was supposed to recoup his role as Wade/Deadpool)

Sinful Intention

Must see in 2011:

The Adjustment Bureau. 

Battlefield LA:

Sucker Punch.

Paul

Thor

Green Lantern

Captain America

Cowboys and Aliens

I think there are a few others but those are the top of my list.

Oniya

For some reason, I kept confusing 'The Adjustment Bureau' (which is based on a story by Phillip K. Dick: 'The Adjustment Team') with Heinlein's 'The Unpleasant Profession of Jonathan Hoag' - which is coincidentally also slated for a film version in 2011.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jated

Quote from: Sinful Intention on January 22, 2011, 06:24:38 AM
Must see in 2011:

The Adjustment Bureau. 

Battlefield LA:

Sucker Punch.

Paul

Thor

Green Lantern

Captain America

Cowboys and Aliens

I think there are a few others but those are the top of my list.

I completely agree with all of these...great choices!!

Diabolus Lupus

I am Number Four.

For a movie based on a book, it wasn't bad.

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Diabolus Lupus

Caeli

I saw the trailer for Beastly when I watched Black Swan, and it really made me want to go watch it!

Not sure if I'll go see it in theaters, but I definitely plan on seeing it this year. I'll wait to see how the reviews are, and then maybe wait until it shows up with discounted showtimes after it premieres. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Aiden

Quote from: Caeli on February 10, 2011, 10:45:39 PM
I saw the trailer for Beastly when I watched Black Swan, and it really made me want to go watch it!

Not sure if I'll go see it in theaters, but I definitely plan on seeing it this year. I'll wait to see how the reviews are, and then maybe wait until it shows up with discounted showtimes after it premieres. :-)

If you have an AMC in the area, their matinees are only 6 bucks and if you join the movie club online you get free popcorn on Wednesdays.