FOX news proves, once and for all, that they have no ethics or soul.

Started by Sel Nar, June 29, 2013, 01:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sel Nar

Fox News spends the better part of 6 minutes claiming that Mr. Rodgers is an Evil Man.

Mr. Rogers is a evil Man

This was originally uploaded in 2008, but it recently was reposted by upworthy.com to gain broader awareness of just how fucking idiotic Fox actually is.

ShadowFox89

That... I..

I have no words. Honestly. I'm going to go hit something.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Yukina

No one disses the greatness that is Mr. Rogers. He is a great man who encourages kindness, self-worth, and equality. Mixed message my rear end!

Blythe

That video was so ridiculous that it made my head hurt.

I cannot think of a single person of my generation that grew up with this that ever actually said, "I deserve an A" or "I need this job" and cited that they needed that because "Mr. Rogers said I'm special."

Once again, Fox cannot tell the difference between optimistic self-esteem and greedy self-entitlement.

Ugh.

Kythia

ShadowFox89

The epitome of the nice old man. Had a very long running show up until his death. Once got a standing ovation from the US Senate for giving a speech about why they should continue funding the public broadcasting service.

Also rumored to have been a Navy SEAL.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kythia

QuotePBS KIDS VIDEO is restricted to the United States and its territories.
I'll probably go a-youtubin'

Oniya

Bother.  The world should know the sweetness that is Fred Rogers.  :(
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Solstice

I... don't think I can watch that. <.<

Mr. Rogers is among my fondest memories of childhood. Listening to that nonsense for--what, six and a half minutes?--would probably make me An Angry Person.
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Funguy81

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 29, 2013, 09:36:15 PM
The epitome of the nice old man. Had a very long running show up until his death. Once got a standing ovation from the US Senate for giving a speech about why they should continue funding the public broadcasting service.

Actually the rumor was that he was a marine sniper during the vietnam war. Also the rumor was that he would put tick marks on his arms for each kill he had, which is why he always wore long sleeved shirts during the show because he had like at least 20 kills. hehe, but in reality he never served in the military. I cant remember how those rumors got circulated, but he was a great man. Hell I grew up watching his show when I was a child.

Valthazar

I agree with everyone else, I have no idea how Mr. Rogers became a scapegoat for this.  Great guy, with a great message.  But I can understand the underlying message they are trying to convey.

I think this video conveys the underlying message in a more sensible way.

I Can't Believe We Made It

Oniya

Quote from: Funguy81 on June 29, 2013, 10:55:50 PM
Actually the rumor was that he was a marine sniper during the vietnam war. Also the rumor was that he would put tick marks on his arms for each kill he had, which is why he always wore long sleeved shirts during the show because he had like at least 20 kills. hehe, but in reality he never served in the military. I cant remember how those rumors got circulated, but he was a great man. Hell I grew up watching his show when I was a child.

I know that he was a Presbyterian minister for a time.  It surprised me at the time, but it's not really all that hard to believe.  I think the sniper thing is one of those rumors that gets started for the shock value - like the one about the kid from 'The Wonder Years' growing up to be Marilyn Manson.  (Also false, by the way.)

Funguy81

All I know people have way to much time on their hands when they start to find underlying meanings on everything.

People actually came out that the star wars prequel was really written by George Lucas as criticism to George Bush administration and the president's "true" goal of imperialism. Even though phantom menace came out in 1999...2 years before bush took office.

parents going crazy when they thought that the word "SEX" supposedly formed by the dust in that one scene in the lion king. (it was really "SFX" by guys that does the digital effects in the movie)

Hell I can say that the moral of the story about Disney's beauty and the beast is that no matter how abusive your true love is, All will be well because in the end he's really a handsome, rich prince...and that is what really matters.

Trieste

Oniya

Yukina

WildCat

Quote from: Oniya on June 30, 2013, 12:15:14 AM
I know that he was a Presbyterian minister for a time.  It surprised me at the time, but it's not really all that hard to believe.  I think the sniper thing is one of those rumors that gets started for the shock value - like the one about the kid from 'The Wonder Years' growing up to be Marilyn Manson.  (Also false, by the way.)
He was. I seem to recall reading that he was part of the Presbyterian faction working for full inclusion and acceptance of gay congregants.

Anyway, Fox can go right ahead and attack Mr. Rogers. It says far more about them than it does about him.
ONS and OFFS: Make Wildcat purr
Absence: Where's the cheshire Cat?

Don't want to lose track of crossrealms and my room

Beguile's Mistress

Mr. Rogers was one of Pittsburgh's favorite sons.  He received post-graduate and theological education here in our city and began his career on WQED in 1953 on the Children's Corner.  Mr. Roger's Neighborhood was produced here in Pittsburgh, too.

I loved the program and the man.  Memories of him and the lessons he taught have helped me many times when things were bad. 

Caela

Here's a link to a much more appropriate tribute to Mr. Rogers. His testimony before Congress in 1969:

http://video.pbs.org/video/1428499965/

Vekseid

The Dark Raven

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 29, 2013, 09:36:15 PM

And a Presbyterian minister.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Belle33

It's disturbing how easy it is for people to turn something pure and positive into a negative.  I want to think they were joking - was that recorded on April1 or something? 

Encouraging kids of all ages to believe they have something special to offer the world is all that man ever did.  How anyone can blame him or his message for those who feel entitled is just... *rubs temples*

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Aadreal

I watched the video.  It sounded like they were discussing a study released by someone.  Fox and Friends which that segments is from is a commentary and opinion show to my knowledge.  Do I have issue with some things Fox News does, yes.  I so have issue with things other news channels do.  But it seems to me Fox News gets lambasted when other channels that do the same or worse get a pass.