All-New-All-Differnt-Marvel RPG: Interest check

Started by VoluptuousVixen, November 16, 2015, 02:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astrofig

Question----are ALL the unlisted characters dead?

Kalive

Alright, here is two ideas of characters I have in mind but for now only want to play one of them and I need some help on their powers so I don't make them over powered if that make sense? That and would like all or your opinions of which would be more interesting for this rp.

My first idea is a mutant who have powers that is the same as "The Mask" played by Jim Carrey. Though not sure what to call the power or what it be considered other then power of toons which could be godly if used right. The weakness I thought of is that he needs to use his own blood in order to use his powers so the bigger the power use the more blood he use which could kill him. However if you guys thing that is a bit much I could change the weakness or how strong that type of power could be.

My second Idea is he would be a bio android who was made to be the perfect weapon against the mutants much like by using the data from the weapon x program and Deadpool. One of his main ability's is to a damping field that could cancels mutant powers while in the field. Implants that have the same effect as magneto's helmet which pervent telepathy's from doing anything to his mind or body and a few mutant powers in which only he could use while in the damping field. Would this be too powerful for a Character and if given mutant powers how many would be aloud?

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Astrofig on November 19, 2015, 01:38:32 AM
Question----are ALL the unlisted characters dead?

No.  Those are just the current rosters of the touched on titles following the new 'All New, All Different Marvel', I believe.

Tackyhillbilly

== Character Bio ==

== Personal Information ==
Legal Name: Kurt Wagner
Alias: Nightcrawler
Sexuality: Straight
Part of New York Residing In: Homeless

== Physical Description == 

Nightcrawler is obviously a mutant. Blue skin, pointed ears, a prehensile tail, claws, two fingers... even the most concealing clothing won't prevent him from being noticed. His teeth are pointed, and iridescent eyes mean that it is impossible to look at him and see anything but a mutant... or a demon. Under all that, he is a rather thin man, with dark hair, and a rather serious... but at the same time giddy air.

== Persona ==           

Kurt is a study in contrasts. He is a devoutly religious young man, attending mass at a catholic church every friday. At times, he attends in secret, teleporting to some place where he can watch, take part, and yet not be seen. He has accepted certain realities of his existence. He's admitted that he can't get a meal, or rent a home, or many of such kinds of things. That's the hand the god has dealt him. Nevertheless, he is very conscientious about paying. For instance, when he steals food, he will always leave behind the price of the meal, plus a little extra, along with a note explaining himself. This doesn't satisfy many people, but he still does it.

Despite this, Kurt is a thrill seeker. He loves challenges, and exciting adventures. He has a habit of trying to be a vigilante, usually ending up with villain and victim being terrified of him. He's fond of pranks and jokes, particularly on those he views as taking themselves to seriously. He is the kind of person that at times plays the game of love for the chase as much as the reward. This contrasts with his faith, but Kurt has long since accepted that his life will require compromises in that area. He just trusts god has a plan for him, and has decided to be the best hero, and enjoy the heck out of his life while he waits for it to develop.

== Key Skills ==

1) Kurt is a trained acrobat, and capable of feats of such that astound.
2) He's skilled with his hands, capable of displays of legerdemain that astound without any use of his powers. Additionally, he's a talent juggler, and if he wished, could be a very talented pick pocket.
3) Kurt is very stealthy when he wishes to be, capable of moving silently from place to place.
4) Kurt is, oddly enough, an expert fencer. Were he to be allowed to compete, he could likely do so at an olympic level, though that is partially his natural agility.

== Advantages ==

1) Teleportation: Kurt's primary advantage is, of course, his teleportation. He is capable of moving from one place to another in a blink of an eye, vanishing with nothing but the scent of brimstone and the loud bamf to say he was there. Kurt is unsure of the maximum distance he can teleport. He has gone 2 miles before, though doing so leaves him completely exhausted. He has a limited ability to determine if an area he is about to enter has a solid object present, so as to avoid teleporting himself into a wall. He can only teleport with a limited amount of things. A single person doesn't exhaust him anymore, if they are on the lighter side, and he doesn't have to go that far.
2) Concealment: Nightcrawler is capable of deflecting light from himself. Along with his dark fur, this makes him almost completely invisible in darkness. If he wishes to, he can ensure that nothing of his features is visible, even on the sunniest day, but doing so is rather obvious.
3) Prehensile Tail: Nightcralwer's tail is extremely agile and strong, capable of lifting an individual in it. He's actually determined he can even fence with it... largely for the hell of it.
4) Night Vision: Nightcrawler is able to see in any light at all. The blackest night is little difficulty for him.
5) Agility: Kurt is extraordinary agile. His body lets him perform feats of agility that would be impossible. His spine is incredibly flexible, allowing him to bend freely in flight.
6) Linguistics: Due to his life, Kurt speaks German, English, French, and Italian fluently.

== Disadvantages == 

1) Obvious Mutant: Kurt is what he is. He is mutant that looks like a demon. This has obvious implications.
2) Chivalrous nature: Kurt is a believer in old school chivalry. He holds doors open for women, and naturally pays for the check. He also won't hit a woman under normal circumstances, and may be easily manipulated by one.
3) Human: For all his abilities, Kurt is a human. If he is shot, he will die. He can get sick. He can have bones broken and shattered. He isn't remarkably strong.

== Background ==

Kurt has no idea who his biological parents are. It doesn't really bother him. He's content with his adoptive family, a group of circus performers. The found him as a babe (an obviously mutant) in the stables one morning. No explanation was ever found, and they took him under their wing. He was raised by the circuses trapeze artists, though the entire circus helped how they could. It was there he got both his thrill seeking life style, and his devout faith. Kurt learned a number of skills there, juggling, acrobatics, stage magic, talents abounding. He was introduced to the performance slowly, as it was determined that he was talented. As he slipped into the role, he revealed just how skilled he was. He soon became the star attraction, audiences assuming his appearance was just a costume. However, one evening that changed.

Kurt got... friendly, with a girl who came to see him after the show. She quickly realized just who he was, and... things deteriorated. The circus tried to get him to come with them as they packed up, but Kurt refused. If they ran off, they'd have to leave everything behind. The circus would be bankrupt. He would have destroyed his families livelihood. Instead, Kurt lead the people with the torches and pitchforks (figuratively) away, dashing across the landscape. He got backed against a cliff and forced off it... teleporting for the first time just before he hit the bottom. That was the first time. Kurt didn't return to the circus, instead taking off across Europe. Wandering. He adopted a vigilante like attitude, calling himself Nightcrawler as he stopped muggings and the like. Mostly for the hell of it. It didn't end well. Of late, he's heard of a place for mutants... a school. Having no other ideas, he elected to get on a transatlantic flight (not exactly hard for someone who can teleport aboard the plane.) He's arrived in New York, largely broke, and has set out to learn if this place is legit.

== Character Extras =

= Face Claim: = Alan Cumming

Ons: Damsels in Distress, Adventurous Women, Fun, Thrills.

Offs: Being dominated, scat, mutilation.

Astrofig

Quote from: WardenIce on November 19, 2015, 09:58:14 AM
No.  Those are just the current rosters of the touched on titles following the new 'All New, All Different Marvel', I believe.

So if I wanted to bring in Gambit.......allowed or no?

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Astrofig on November 19, 2015, 05:48:44 PM
So if I wanted to bring in Gambit.......allowed or no?

Someone's already working on a Gambit CS, I believe.

Astrofig

Fuck, every time I get excited about a game.....

Garuss Vakarian

I know how you feel ha ha. I rarely play Deadpool myself. Just with Silk she usually gives me fair early on pokes to let me know shes starting something. So with her I usualy have the time to pick who I want but, thats just becouse she knows me and knows id be interested. She didnt this time but thats only because I noticed fairly quickly and she didnt even need to ask. Ha ha.

Tackyhillbilly

By the way, I'm considering an application for Squirrel Girl... but finding a Face Claim is rough.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 20, 2015, 02:02:22 AM
By the way, I'm considering an application for Squirrel Girl... but finding a Face Claim is rough.

Jodelle Furland? She's 5 from Dark Matter.

persephone325

Quote from: Juggtacular on November 20, 2015, 04:06:45 AM

*loves on* She's awesome! I love her. I hope she gets bigger roles in the future. I really liked her in Silent Hill and The Tall Man.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Juggtacular

She is super awesome. I have such the crush on her. Like...you don't know.

Ace Flyer

Gambit (Remy LeBeau)
== Character Bio ==

Legal Name: Remy Etienne LeBeau
Alias: Gambit
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Part of New York Residing In: Nowhere Permanent

Gambit is a fairly tall man, standing at 6'2" in height. Weighing about 170 lbs., he has a strong and toned, medium build, more suited for acrobatics and quick movement and combat than pure strength. Auburn hair is kept relatively short, never falling longer than his jawline, though his most noticeable feature is the odd color of his eyes--his iris are red, and glow when he uses his powers, framed by black scelera.

He typically wears a long brown trench coat over a kevlar-laced, dark purple top, finger-less gloves, with dark pants and boots. Several decks of cards are on him almost at all times, as well as a collapsible bo staff. And, of course, typical tools of a thief's trade, such as lock picks.

== Persona ==           

== Key Skills ==

• Energy Manipulation - Remy has the power to take the potential energy stored in an object and convert it to kinetic energy thus “charging” that item with explosive results. He prefers to charge smaller objects, such as his ever-present playing cards, as the time required to charge them is greatly reduced and they are much easier for him to throw. The only real limitation to this ability is the time required to charge the object. The larger it is the more time it takes. He can charge a rock as big as a small house in the matter of seconds. Most charging takes place through direct skin contact. The power of his explosions is dependent on the mass of the object he is charging, for example, a charged playing card explodes with the force of a grenade. Gambit can also use his powers to accelerate an object's kinetic energy instead of converting its potential energy, for example, he can charge his bo staff with enough power to level a house. His ability also allowed him to affect his own capability to heal but this is rarely seen, he's also used his power to accelerate organic material on a few occasions either causing them to explode or enhancing their own physical capabilities. These powers have been augmented to enable him to accelerate his own regeneration process and better control his kinetic shifting.
--Cutting Ability - Charged objects can also have a razor edge emitting an energized flow that can slice through objects or work like an explosive cookie cutter by energizing around wherever Gambit wishes and having it explode harmlessly.
--Dissolution - Gambit can also cause objects to pull themselves apart instead of exploding violently making them harmlessly melt down to nothing. Once having focused charging on dissolving shrapnel in a victims stomach and at times when jumpstarted able to overcharge falling debris from crumbling buildings. His control ,over this has increased to the point he can shatter ice he was encased in without blowing up.
--Disruption - Gambit can tame his explosive acceleration to temporarily scramble a persons sensory awareness knocking them out cold.
--Enhanced Conditioning - Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him superhuman speed, strength, reflexes and reactions, flexibility, dexterity, coordination, balance, and endurance via charging himself. Bestowing him an added edge he has used to his advantage by developing a unique acrobatic fighting style. He can also augment others through this.
--Accelerated Healing - Gambit has affected his own recovery through this process having once healed after removing a piece of rebar lodged in his chest and once his eyes were damaged by a charged card exploding in his face, he was able to restore his sight.
--Static Interference - Creates natural static, because of the charged potential energy always in his body, that shields his mind from intrusion by telepaths. Can increase the effect by holding a charged object near his head. Although reportedly uncomfortable for the parties involved, this shield does not totally prevent telepathic invasion.
--Vibration Emission - Gambit, through the kinetic acceleration instead of conversion can emit a shockwave accompanying a bright flashbang which leaves a sizable crater in the ground.
  • Hypnotic Charm: Subliminal psionic talent channeled through his voice that allows a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. More powerful minds have proven immune to Gambit's charm, and people who are consciously aware of what he's doing can shake off the effects.
  • Multilingual
  • Expert Marksman
  • Master Combatant: Though not on the same level as the likes of Captain America, he is still a profound fighter, often employing martial arts, street fighting, and acrobatics. He is well adept in the martial arts Savate (French kickboxing), and Bojutsu, the art of using a Bo staff. Nick Fury even referred to Gambit as "One of the best hand to hand fighters I've ever seen".

== Advantages ==

With his peak physical condition and training, and especially when aided by his mutant abilities, Gambit is a powerful combatant and is able to hold his own against all but the most powerful of foes. As a master thief there are few places he can't get into (or out of), and his underworld connections gained and cultivated over the years have given him resources to learn just about anything he needs to know. His grooming to be the leader of the Thieves' Guild also left him with respectable planning and strategic thinking abilities, and can lead if the role is pushed open him--his skills are better used to test and find the weaknesses in a proper leader's plan, however.

And, of course, considering his natural roguish charm and Cajun accent, Gambit has rarely had a hard time in getting what he wants.

== Disadvantages == 

He is only human. Despite the increased healing abilities his powers can offer, it is nothing compared to those such as Wolverine or Deadpool, and most things that would kill a normal man will kill him as well. The lingering effects of serving as Death also still haunt him, with his Death persona able to reassert itself in moment of weakness and extreme stress.

== Background ==

The History of Gambit
Remy Etienne LeBeau was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was kidnapped from the hospital where he was born, then raised by the LeBeau Clan Thieves' Guild, and given to the Antiquary as a tribute.

They referred to the child as "Le Diable Blanc" ("the White Devil") and believed he was prophesied to unite the warring Thieves' and Assassins' Guilds. Soon after, Remy was placed in the care of Fagan's Mob, a gang of street thieves who raised the child and taught him the ways of thievery. After living as an orphan on the streets, a 10-year-old Remy attempted to pick the pocket of Jean-Luc LeBeau, then patriarch of the Thieves' Guild. Jean-Luc took the boy off the streets and adopted him into his own family.

Remy's bio-kinetic charging abilities manifested early in his teens, although he kept his powers secret from his family and friends, practicing his powers away from prying eyes. When he was 15, he accompanied his cousin Etienne Marceaux on his "Tithing," the ritual initiation test of the Thieves' Guild. However, it went awry as they were assigned to steal from the powerful immortal mutant Candra, who quickly captured them. Candra recognized Remy from an encounter that had taken place in her past but in his future (due to a time travel mission to the 19th Century Remy would take as an adult) and sold them to the deformed mutant gangster and child slave trader known as the Pig, who planned to sell them and others their age to HYDRA as boy soldiers. Remy used his powers to escape their holding pen, but the physically enhanced Pig quickly caught up to them. Remy discovered his signature attack when he picked up a playing card that Etienne had dropped, charged it, and threw it in the Pig's face, taking out his eye. Finally escaping his cliff top headquarters by diving into the sea, Remy was ultimately rescued by the Guild; Etienne drowned.

Later during his teen years, Remy was first hired by Mr. Sinister, then in disguise of Dr. Nathaniel Essex. Essex wanted his stolen diaries back from the Weapon X program. Remy and the Thieves' Guild accepted the mission and sent out Remy to retrieve said diaries. Standing in the cold, scouting the Weapon X facility, Remy couldn't bear the cold and swore he would steal a long, stylish jacket in New Orleans after the mission, which he did. Upon entering the facility, Remy witnessed Wolverine escaping from his adamantium procedure and found the diaries. However, deeming them to be too dangerous for Essex to have them, as Remy didn't fully trust him, Remy burned the diaries. He headed back home, only to find a disappointed Thieves' Guild and Essex.

In an attempt to reconcile the Thieves' and Assassins' Guilds, Remy married Bella Donna Boudreaux, granddaughter of the head Assassin, whom he met at the age of eight. Unfortunately, he was challenged by her brother Julien to a duel after the wedding. In the duel, Gambit killed Julien, and he was exiled from the city, ending his romantic relationship with Bella Donna.

After his exile from New Orleans, he wandered the world and became a master professional thief, making many contacts (and quite a few enemies). During this period, Gambit found he had an uncontrollable amount of energy flowing through him, to the point that he could not withstand it. Desperate, Gambit went to Mister Sinister for help. Sinister modified Gambit's power by removing a portion of Gambit's brain stem, making him significantly less powerful, but able to control the still considerably large amount of power in him. Years later, a much-younger version of Mister Sinister surgically returned it, upon Gambit's request, when Gambit time-traveled to the 19th century.

However, Sinister wanted the favor returned, so Gambit carried out various missions for him. For the last of these operations, Gambit gathered together a group of mercenaries which Sinister named the Marauders. Gambit was then ordered to lead the Marauders into the tunnels under New York City. He led Sabretooth, Blockbuster, Prism, and Riptide there while — unknown to Gambit — Scalphunter, Arclight, Harpoon, Malice, Scrambler, and Vertigo followed the Morlock Tommy into the tunnels. Their goal was to wipe out the Morlocks. Gambit was unable to prevent the Marauders from killing a considerable number of Morlocks, but he was able to save one, a child. Her name was Sarah, and she would grow up to be Marrow, the leader of the mutant terrorist group Gene Nation. Gambit long kept his involvement in the mission a secret from his fellow X-Men, much to their eventual displeasure.

After wandering around the world, he encountered a de-aged and powerless Storm, and helped her escape from the Shadow King.[1] He then rescued her from Nanny and the Orphan-Maker, helping her battle them. Afterwards, the young amnesiac Storm, who had reverted to thieving to stay alive, joined Gambit, and she eventually brought him back to the X-Men. Soon after, Gambit helped the X-Men, X-Factor, and New Mutants battle the Genoshans. Only Wolverine expressed his doubts about the Cajun, which led to a Danger Room duel between the two. Gambit was able to triumph by using a robotic doppelganger of Lady Deathstrike to distract Wolverine, while taking advantage of Wolverine's injuries, inflicted by the Reavers. Gambit and the X-Men were then taken to the Shi'ar galaxy by Lila Cheney. Alongside the X-Men and Starjammers, Gambit battled Deathbird, the Imperial Guard, and a band of Warskrulls. Upon their return to Earth, Gambit assisted the X-Men and X-Factor in battling the Shadow King, though he was temporarily controlled by the Shadow King.

When the original five X-Men rejoined and the team was divided into two squads, Gambit became part of the Blue team under Cyclops' leadership. Alongside the X-Men, he battled Magneto and his newly formed Acolytes, Fenris, the Hand, Omega Red, and Sabretooth, and then Mojo. Gambit then fought Bishop and was attacked by his estranged wife Bella Donna. Gambit recounted how he had fled from New Orleans after killing his brother-in-law in self-defense. Alongside the X-Men, Gambit first encountered the second Ghost Rider. Gambit battled the Brood Queen and the Brood-possessed Ghost Rider, and witnessed the apparent death of his now ex-wife, Bella Donna.

Gambit became romantically interested in one of his teammates, Rogue, and started flirting with her. Despite her off-putting manner and the obstacle of her uncontrollable mutant ability that prevented anyone from touching her, he began romancing and seducing Rogue. Their strong romantic relationship was originally written as a one time, flirtatious moment; ironically, their romantic relationship is listed as one of the longest and most popular on-going deep and close romantic relationships in the X-Men series, probably only second to Jean Grey and Cyclops. Although their early "courtship" portrayed him as very "devil may care" in his flirtation with her, later issues revealed that, beneath his bravado and swagger, he truly had genuine romantic feelings for her. Similarly, despite her initial aggressive rejection of his advances, Rogue found that she was not only flattered by his attention, but that she felt equally romantically attracted to him.

Many publishing years later, it had become apparent Remy had a dark secret. Sabretooth had hinted to it on numerous occasions during his "residency" at the X-Mansion, prompting Rogue to ask him to reveal whatever he knew about Gambit's past. Remy was captured and brought before a mock trial held by Magneto, the mutant Master of Magnetism, then disguised as Erik the Red. Rogue was forced to kiss him again, revealing that he had assembled the team of Marauders for Mr. Sinister that later killed most of the Morlocks. However it was also revealed that Gambit saved a single girl from the Marauders during the massacre. This apparent revelation and absorbing Gambit's own guilty memories caused Rogue to reject him. Gambit was similarly cast out of the X-Men and was abandoned in the frozen wastes of Antarctica.

Starving, and haunted by the betrayal of his lover, Gambit made his way back into Magneto's citadel, where he encountered the psionic essence of a dead mutant named Mary Purcell. The wraith-like Mary bonded with him, allowing him to survive until he reached the Savage Land, a hidden jungle nestled in the icy wasteland. There, Remy struck a deal with an enigmatic being known as the New Son. In exchange for passage back to America, Gambit agreed to run errands with the help of friend Jacob Gavin Jr. During this period, Remy's command over his abilities strengthened and amplified significantly.

When Gambit's psyche absorption had worn off, Rogue spent months searching for him, to no avail. Gambit encountered Storm and Shadowcat when he attempted to steal the fabled Crimson Gem of Cyttorak for his new employer. He agreed to return to the X-Men, mainly for his self-respect and for Rogue. At one point, he became the field leader of a branch of X-Men. His romantic love for Rogue was still intact, but her inability to control her powers made her break it off out of fear of hurting him.

Meanwhile, the New Son revealed his true identity as an alternate universe version of Gambit himself, after organizing an assassination game for a cadre of superpowered mercenaries with Remy as the target. During the final confrontation, Gambit burned out his enhanced abilities, thus returning to his original level of power.

In Bishop's future timeline, Bishop stumbles upon a video from the past with Jean Grey making a frantic call to any X-Men she can find. She says that the X-Men have been betrayed by "one of their own" and it appears in the video that she is the last one left and is killed in the video. Disturbed by this, Bishop seeks "The Witness", a man who is said to be the last person who has ever seen the X-Men of the past alive. He enters a citadel of sorts where he confronts an old and withered but plucky man with long gray hair sitting on a throne, with two blonde women to either side of him. When Bishop confronts him as to who killed the X-Men the Witness acts as though he knows, but refuses to tell and Bishop is thrown out of the citadel.

When Bishop comes to the X-Men in their original timeline, he meets Gambit and is sure that he is the same old man in Bishop's future and that it was Gambit who was the "Traitor" that killed the X-Men. For some time, he continues to watch Gambit's every step until he is finally convinced some time later that Gambit was not the Traitor (with Onslaught being revealed to be the traitor).

When Storm leads a team of X-Men in search of Destiny's diaries, the thirteen-volume Books of Truth, Gambit volunteered to join them, but Rogue — afraid that her increasingly uncontrolled powers would bring him harm — flatly refused to allow him along. He returned to thievery instead, and was soon after framed by mutant businessman Sebastian Shaw for the death of the Australian crime lord named Viceroy. With the assistance of Rogue, Storm's team of X-Treme X-Men, and former Triad member Red Lotus, Gambit was able to clear his name. Soon after, Remy became embroiled in the X-Men's fight against an alien invasion of Earth led by the interdimensional warlord Khan, after trying to assemble the "Madripoor Set," a group of seven gems.

The X-Treme team's enemy, the enhanced human named Vargas, used the invasion as a chance to attempt to kill more of Storm's team, going after Rogue and Gambit. Rogue tried to shield Remy against Vargas' sword, but he impaled them both as a reward for her fidelity. Both Rogue and Gambit survived, but lost their mutant abilities for a time. As a result, the couple sought to live a normal life and sort out their romantic relationship, retiring from the X-Men temporarily.

Gambit and Rogue rejoined the X-Men soon after Sage jump-started their powers, and they were placed on Havok's team. In their first mission back, Gambit was temporarily blinded by one of his energized cards that went off by his face. Rogue tried to console Gambit during his recovery, but their romantic relationship became strained once more as he became more and more frustrated with his blindness and their lack of touch after Rogue's powers returned. He started lashing out at Rogue, most of the time verbally. As a result, Rogue took some time away from Gambit. While he lost his vision, Gambit developed an ability to read his playing cards like they were tarot cards and he was able to predict the attack by the Brotherhood. A little while later, during Christmas celebrations, Rogue asked Sage to once again jump start Gambit's powers, in the process, healing his vision.

During the story arc with Golgotha, Gambit revealed some deep insecurities he had about his romantic relationship with Rogue, saying that "Maybe dis no-touching thing is getting to me... more den I thought". He also told Rogue that she should just get together with Logan, thinking that there was a hidden attraction between the two. As a result of the accusation, Logan kissed Rogue, but she broke it off before it caused any major damage. Gambit then began to realize what he was saying, questioning his romantic love for Rogue, but soon after began to suffer from hallucinations that he was fighting Mister Sinister. However, Rogue and Gambit soon realized that Golgotha made them say things they did not mean and before the final battle, they "kissed" through their space suit helmets.

Once back at the mansion, Gambit and Rogue moved into the same room to try rebuilding some intimacy, and began telepathic therapy with Emma Frost. They soon found out that with all the emotional baggage going on in their minds, they were still unable to make physical contact mentally. This would cause even more strain when the new student, Foxx, joins Gambit's team and attempts to seduce him.

Rogue's foster mother Mystique was displeased with Rogue's choice of lovers and infiltrated Xavier's Institute by shapeshifting into a student called Foxx. She joined Gambit's squad in an attempt to ruin his relationship with Rogue. After Gambit resisted her charms, Mystique reverted to her true form and then offered Gambit something significantly more difficult to refuse: she transformed into Rogue and offered Gambit a Rogue with whom he could have a physical relationship, claiming that she was only trying to help relieve the increasing frustrations between the two lovers; "... if one of you could have some physical release...". Rogue eventually discovered her mother's presence in the school and that Gambit knew she was there. To date, Gambit denies that he slept with Mystique.

Upon the return of Apocalypse, Gambit submitted himself to the villain and was transformed into one of Apocalypse's Horsemen, Death. Gambit intended to infiltrate himself into Apocalypse's ranks in order to protect the X-Men from the Dark Lord's eventual betrayal, but he miscalculated, as the transformation process warped his mind as well as his body. After becoming Death, Gambit's hair turned white and his skin turned deep black. Despite having his mind and body twisted, Gambit retained a large portion of his former self, stating to Apocalypse, "I'm both Death and Gambit", and he also remembered his love for Rogue as he could not bring himself to kill her. Gambit and Sunfire then returned to the Xavier Institute to claim Polaris and free her. Gambit, in an attempt to free all ties with his old self, tried to kill Rogue and would have been successful had it not been for Pulse neutralizing Gambit's powers.

After the X-Men defeated Apocalypse, Sunfire left with Gambit to help him clear Apocalypse's brainwashing and live as entirely new beings, only to then be approached by Mister Sinister.

Gambit returned to his original appearance and powers (presumably with the aid of Mr. Sinister) and reemerged as a member of the Marauders, under Sinister's sway. On a mission for Mr. Sinister (involving obtaining knowledge of the future) Gambit and Sunfire encountered Cable on the recently evacuated island of Providence. Before the fight Gambit said, "I dropped that whole new look, wit' the help of a friend." He then asked Cable for use of his super-computer to answer a question referring to the phrase "one minute before dawn.". As a result, Gambit and Sunfire attacked him eventually forcing Cable to activate a self-destruct sequence destroying the entire island. Gambit and Sunfire escaped empty handed.

During the fight, Cable noted that Gambit's accent sounded 'forced' either for comic effect or perhaps to indicate that things may not be as 'back to normal' as they seem with Gambit. As Gambit returned to Mr. Sinister's base to discuss the next step of the plan, he reprimanded Mystique for shooting Rogue when they abducted her, being placated only by Mr. Sinister's assurance that Rogue was still needed and would survive. In a recent confrontation with Cannonball and Iceman, he seemed to sympathize with a beaten Cannonball. He interfered when Scalphunter was about to kill Cannonball by attacking Cannonball and by his actions he was able to save Cannonball from certain death. At the same time, he also destroyed Destiny's diaries, preventing Sinister and the Marauders from getting them.

Gambit would later be personally targeted by Wolverine during the X-Men's assault on Mister Sinister's Antarctic base. After being tortured by the Canadian mutant, Gambit reveals that Cable has the baby before Sinister manages to regain the advantage and drive the X-Men off with Gambit later revealed not to be harmed. Later, as Bishop attempts to kill the baby (after immobilizing Cable), Gambit and several of the Marauders quickly stop him with Gambit bringing a section of the ceiling down on Bishop. Knowing the X-Men will arrive in moments, the Marauders depart with the baby, but not before Gambit ponders what could make Bishop turn on the X-Men.

Tracking Gambit using Cerebro, the X-Men find that the Marauders' hideout was on Muir Island. However, what they didn't know is that Gambit let them track him. It appears that Gambit, along with Mystique, have plans of their own for the newborn mutant as evidenced by his lack of surprise when he delivered the baby to Sinister, who then reveals himself to be Mystique as the real Sinister lies on the floor with shock etched into his face, and the fact that Mystique told Gambit that it is time for the next step.

A flashback sequence shows that Mystique used Rogue's intensified powers to kill Sinister. In the present she explains that everything she and Gambit have done has led to this moment as foretold by Destiny. Mystique touches the baby's face to Rogue's in the hope of sacrificing the child to save her. After an energy burst Gambit snatches the baby, saying that Rogue would never want an innocent life used to save hers. However, the child was unharmed by Rogue's touch. Gambit gives the baby to Xavier and says he wishes to stay with Rogue. Shortly after, Rogue awakens and tries to kill Mystique. However, somehow the baby cures her of her intensified powers, as well as any psyches she had ever absorbed; this leaves her with the psyche of only one other individual: Mystique. She tells Gambit she needs time alone and if he still cares for her, he would not follow.

Gambit, despite his distracted over the loss of his love, would receive news that the Assassins Guild of New Orleans was approached to kill Charles Xavier, goes to track Xavier down and save him from possible danger. He manages to head off Xavier's attackers, defeating them in short order before he is joined by Xavier himself. They determine who the Assassins were supposed to kill next from a list Gambit pulls from one of the goons, which includes Juggernaut, Sebastian Shaw, and Carter Ryking (Hazard). Xavier makes the connection between himself, Ryking, and Juggernaut, but is at a loss with Shaw. They go to see Ryking, who was being held in a mental institution, only to find out that he had just died of a brain hemorrhage the night before.

Gambit and Xavier then drive out to the Nuclear Research Facility at Alamogordo, the place where the fathers of Xavier, Juggernaut, and Ryking all worked at some point in their lives and is most likely where Mister Sinister was running his genetic operations on the X-gene. However, Xavier begins to suffer terrible headaches, and he and Gambit decide to wait it out in the desert for a few hours, where they are once again attacked by the Assassins Guild.

Charles Xavier is abducted and taken to the Almagordo facility, where it is revealed that the employer of the assassins was Amanda Mueller, the head of the Black Womb Project, a former lover and protégée of Mister Sinister (as well as direct ancestress of the Summers' line), who plans to use Charles to activate Sinister's Cronus machine, so as to be able to revive herself with Essex's own superpowered essence. Meanwhile, Gambit manages to defeat the rest of the assassins with the assistance of Sebastian Shaw, and they form a temporary alliance of convenience to destroy the Cronus machine, which threatens Shaw as well, and rescue Xavier. They ultimately manage to succeed with a desperate last-minute life-or-death gamble when Gambit directly charges Shaw with biokinetic energy, giving him enough power to utterly shatter the otherwise indestructible machine.

He begins searching Australia for Rogue and is again in the company of Professor Xavier. Gambit, however, is unsure of this venture, mainly because of Rogue's request that she be left alone. He and Xavier both agreed that if Rogue did not wish for their help or presence, they would do as she wished and leave her be.[53]

When Gambit and Xavier make it over the plains, they find a completely mismatched landscape. Fearing it is Rogue's doing, they go in and find various parts of Rogue's past being projected around them, including her fight against Nimrod and being captured and beaten at Genosha. Gambit finds it hard to control his emotions seeing Rogue in so much pain, but Xavier reminds him that none of it is real. While in the Genosha prison cells, Gambit and Xavier find the Shi'ar parts hunters and they are told what is happening. They discover that Danger is the one causing the projections and is using Rogue's input from Danger Room sessions. Xavier decides it is better to find Danger first, coming to the conclusion that Danger is trying to push Rogue to some sort of realization.

Eventually Xavier, Gambit and a group of Shi'ar pirates manage to shut down Danger. However, the Professor reactivates her and she defeats the pirates in turn when they attack Gambit and Xavier. After this, it is revealed that Rogue's powers never truly developed past their initial "nascent" stage, which was the reason why her powers never functioned properly. The Professor, now aware of this fact, uses his telepathy to tear down the mental walls that kept Rogue's powers from developing as well as removing the mental echo of Mystique. Finally Rogue kisses Gambit, with no ill side effect, revealing that she is in control of her absorption power.

Some time after, Gambit along with Rogue and Danger decide to go to San Francisco in order to regroup with the other X-Men. On their way there they are intercepted by Pixie who teleports them into the city which is in a state of chaos due to the anti-mutant and pro-mutant movements. Cyclops sends all three out in order to locate several missing students and bring them home. Gambit locates Trance, Dragoness and Toad who are being pursued by H.A.M.M.E.R. agents. Ariel and Onyxx appear and take Trance away for safety.

Later on he encounters Erg and Avalanche who attacks Ares. Gambit intervenes only to end up being swatted aside by Ares. Danger and Rogue come to his aid which eventually leads to Rogue absorbing Ares's powers. Gambit then blasts him unconscious. Having for the moment absorbed some of Ares's power, Rogue easily dispatches a small group of H.A.M.M.E.R. agents and proceedes to steal their tank, along with Gambit and Danger, in order to find the rest of the students and Trance who didn't make it back to base. Trance appears to be lost in the city, and under attack of Ms. Marvel from the Dark Avengers team. Gambit, Rogue and Danger team-up to defeat the powerful female warrior, and Rogue eventually manages to calm Trance down. Remy, Rogue, and Danger then depart back to the X-Men's base.

After the battle between the X-Men and the Dark Avengers is over, Cyclops orders Gambit to destroy the Omega Machine chair that Osborn had built to neutralize mutant powers. Gambit makes his way into the H.A.M.M.E.R. headquarters. There, he fights H.A.M.M.E.R.'s mutate guards Hijack and Input. Hijack is easily defeated, however Input is another story. Input uses his telepathic abilities to enter Gambit's head and discovers there are still left-overs from Remy's "Death" persona. Death re-emerges and defeats Input, and absorbed him into a playing card, which turns black upon doing so. Afterward, Remy somehow returns to normal, with a smile on his face. Gambit then completes his mission, destroys the chair, and returns to the X-Men. When he made it back to Utopia, Gambit got angry at Cyclops for letting Rogue go up against the villain Emplate all alone. Remy tried to argue with Cyclops, but suddenly got trouble with mood swings and left the group. He changed back into his Death persona, and remembered how Apocalypse told him he would never be the same after undergoing the changing process. Gambit managed to calm himself down and transform back to his normal self, but he is worried about his condition.

One mission where this became evident would see Gambit, along with Dazzler, Anole, Northstar, Cannonball, Pixie and Trance travel to Limbo to rescue Magik. Things go wrong when the ground starts to tremble and an army of monstrous demons attack the team. Dazzler calls upon Gambit for help during the attack, but Gambit sinks into the darkness, claiming "Remy's not home right now" leading the X-Men to be overwhelmed by the demons and Gambit transforming into his Death persona. As Death, Gambit was able to transform two of his teammates, Dazzler and Northstar, into beings like himself by hitting them with his charged cards. After battling Cannonball, Death-Gambit was stabbed by Magik and Pixie with their magical swords enabling Gambit to reassert control over his form once more and free the converted friends.

At some point, Gambit and Storm were called upon to help steal the decapitated body of Dracula in order for the X-Men to resurrect Dracula in their fight against his son, Xarus. Later on he encounters X-23 when he saves her from a burning building, after she has been sent away by the X-Men. She decides to pursue a quest to further discover about her past when Gambit decides to follow along to keep an eye on her. After traveling the world together Gambit and X-23 part ways, as Gambit decides to stay at the newly built Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, while X-23 travels to the Avengers Academy.

Later, Gambit has joined the team of Legion, Rogue, Magneto, Frenzy and Xavier, in search of Legions lost personalities that would not cooperate with him after his troubles in the Age of X. Afterwards, Gambit, Frenzy and Rogue travel to the Jean Grey High School of Higher Learning to become teachers and mentors of the school. Gambit's role at the school is as a senior staff member and a principle member of the X-Men team.

Gambit would later join the newest incarnation of X-Factor. This version is a corporate superhero team sponsored by Serval Industries, which partners him with Polaris and Quicksilver. However, he has since taken a break from "team work" and focused again on his relatively easier and less stressful life of a master thief, wandering the world again to try and regain some semblance of peace after everything that had happened.

== Character Extras =
Face Claim: Taylor Kitsch

Tackyhillbilly

Quote from: Juggtacular on November 20, 2015, 04:06:45 AM

Huh... yeah, I could see that. And I do love Dark Matter...

Juggtacular

Anna Popplewell could work too. My friend on an x-men site I used to administer actually made a cool manip of her.

Tackyhillbilly

Got a request to age up Nightcrawler from above, so I swapped to Alan Cumming as the face claim.

As far as face claims for Squirrely... sticking with Jodelle Furland. Dunno why. Just... think she fits it slightly better.

Juggtacular

persephone325

Quote from: Juggtacular on November 20, 2015, 02:05:34 PM

Because nnnnnnf that's why.

She's so adorable!! <3

I'll be working on my characters this weekend, I hope. *crosses fingers*
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Tackyhillbilly

I'm trying to find a picture of her with that short hair, but not dyed (it looks good on her dyed yes, but Squirrel Girl doesn't mix well with dyed hair.)

And yeah, she's adorable. Squirrel Girl must, above all else, be adorable.

persephone325

Rogue ~ WIP
== Character Bio ==

Legal Name: Anna Marie
Alias: Rogue
Sexuality: Straight
Part of New York Residing In:

Rogue stands at an average 5' 8" with auburn hair, accented by a white streak in the front. She often covers herself to avoid skin to skin contact with others, so it's not uncommon to see her wearing gloves, long sleeved shirts, scarves, and jeans. Even during warm, or hot, weather.

== Persona ==           
Rogue is a good ol' Southern girl and will make sure you know it. She speaks her mind and is very assertive. Despite this, she's pretty easy to get along with; probably because of her Southern charm. Underneath her "tough" exterior, she's just a girl who wants to be normal and understood.

== Key Skills ==
Power Absorption - Rogue can absorb the powers, energies, memories, knowledge, talents, personality and physical abilities (whether superhuman or not) of another human being (or members of some sentient alien races) through physical contact of her skin with the skin of the other person. She is not limited to absorbing superhuman abilities: for example, she has absorbed the strength, agility, and sharp reflexes of an enhanced human. She can also absorb psionic abilities. In absorbing another person's memories Rogue also gains the emotional responses connected to them. For the transfer of abilities to be accomplished, Rogue’s skin must contact the skin of her victim. Rogue can only absorb abilities and memories from living organic beings. She can possess the powers of several superhuman persons at once. No upper limit has yet been determined for the number of superhuman beings whose power she can maintain simultaneously, or for the amount of power that she can absorb.

== Advantages ==
Acrobatics - Rogue learned various acrobatic skills from Gambit.
Bilingual - Rogue can speak fluent French.

== Disadvantages == 
Mental Health - If Rogue absorbs too many powers in a small span of time, she is prone to having a mental break due to the memories and emotions she also absorbs. Her powers become chaotic and unreliable.

== Background ==
Rogue's parents, Owen and Priscilla, married early in their relationship and lived in a back-to-nature hippie commune in Caldecott County, Mississippi. Born as Anna Marie, she also enjoyed the attentions of her Aunt Carrie, on her mother's side. Anna Marie was raised speaking colloquial English and French, common to the Mississippi bayou area. The commune's failed attempt to use Native American mysticism to reach the "Far Banks" resulted in Priscilla's disappearance. Carrie took over Anna's care, and in her grief at the loss of her sister, was a strict and authoritarian guardian. Anna Marie was a rebellious child and, at some point, the exact event or reasons still unclear, she ran away from home as a young teenager.

At some point, Rogue grew close to a boy named Cody Robbins. During their flirtation, Cody impulsively kissed her, at which point her latent mutant power to absorb the life energy and psyche of others with skin-to-skin contact emerged. Rogue was traumatized by the experience, and Cody was left in a permanent coma. Hence, Rogue wore body-concealing clothing that eliminated the possibility of accidental skin contact. She wished she "did not have to cover up so much around folks" to protect them from her. She thought her power was a curse.

== Character Extras =

= Face Claim: = Nemo Valkyrja

Ons: Playful banter, guys who ain't afraid to spar with a girl, guys who don't quit, confidence...romance...You keep yer mouth shut 'bout that, ya hear?

Offs: Brash arrogance, overly cocky, (sexual offs same as player)

Black Widow ~WIP
== Character Bio ==

Legal Name: Natalia Alianovna Romanova
Alias: Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
Sexuality: Bisexual
Part of New York Residing In: Avengers Tower

== Persona ==           

== Key Skills ==

== Advantages ==

== Disadvantages == 

== Background ==

== Character Extras =

= Face Claim: = Scarlett Johansson

Ons:

Offs:
I don't know.

Tackyhillbilly

== Character Bio ==

Legal Name: Doreen Green
Alias: Squirrel Girl
Sexuality: Bisexual
Part of New York Residing In:Manhattan

Doreen is adorable, thats the long and short of it. She's rather short, and petite of frame. She's got a long prehensile squirrel tail, and large buck teeth, and light blue eyes. Her hair she keeps short. It is naturally brown, though she has dyed it of late, after a bet with her mom. She has a wide variety of outfits, though they are generally light, sporty, and all have a hole cut for her tail. Her costume is largely skintight, with brown (synthetic) fur covering her torso.

== Persona ==           

Doreen is an upbeat, happy girl, with a heartfelt joy and happiness that is infectious of character. It is hard to imagine her moping, or feeling any quieter emotion. She tends toward grand displays of sadness, and boundless joy, fond of giving people hugs. She genuinely believes that the world just needs people to get along and be happy. She's devoted to that mission. She has boundless energy, often seeming likely to run until she drops, an endless stream of hugs, laughter, and jokes. She isn't stupid, but she has difficulty with focus, dashing from one thought to the next at times, leaving behind the original concept somewhere along the way. She can be made angry, but it takes a running start. She prefers to solve fights with cleverness.

== Key Skills ==

1) Adorableness: As mentioned, Doreen is adorable.
2) Acrobatics: Doreen is extraordinarily acrobatic, and while some of that is due to her status as a Metahuman, she practices it as well.
3) Piloting: Doreen is accomplished Helicopter Pilot, oddly enough.
4) Hand to Hand Combat: Doreen is actually a skilled Martial Artist, capable of matching powerful individuals via skill and talent.

== Advantages ==

1) Squirrelspeak: Squirrel Girl can speak and understand Squirrels. While they are not compelled to listen to her, or do as she asks, they generally do. Doreen is hard to say no to.
2) Superhuman Strength and Agility: Doreen is stronger and faster then a normal human, capable of bounding from one tree to another.
3) Claws: Squirrel Girl has claws, which allow her to quickly climb wood and other such surfaces.
4) Reaction Speed: Squirrel Girl has superhuman reaction time, which she names "Squirrel Agility." This name has not caught on.
5) Squirrel-a-gig: Squirrel girl has her own small Helicopter, which she can pilot about.
6) Tippytoe: Squirrel Girl has a sidekick, Tippytoe, the Squirrel. She has black fur, and seems to be rather intelligent... though she is pretty good at hiding it.

== Disadvantages == 

1) Naivete: Squirrel Girl believes the best of everyone.
2) Homework: Squirrel girl goes to college. Sometimes she has to stay in and write essays.
3) Obvious Mutant: Squirrel Girl can't really hide her tail.
4) Squirrel Friends: Squirrel Girl will do anything to hide that she is a mutant.

== Background ==

Squirrel Girl is from LA originally. She grew up on stories of the Avengers, the X-Men, and others. Unlike others, she wasn't scared of them. She wanted to be like them. If that meant being a mutant... so be it. Around 13 years old, she began developing her powers, including her tail. Her parents freaked out... but she refused to get distant from them, and they came around to supporting their daughter. She did hide that she wanted to be a superhero from them, thinking it best to keep the shocks to a minimum. However, when she saw Iron Man one day, flying, she followed him. There she found him battling a Villain, and saved the day with a horde of Squirrels! Iron Man indicated he didn't need her as sidekick... but he would put in a good word for her vis a vis the Avengers one day.

She has bummed around, trying to hero it up on the West Coast, but never really hit the big time. She has a score of impressive victories to her name... but well, most of them have asterisks. She ran with a group who called themselves the Great Lakes Avengers for a while, and still keeps in contact with them. However... she's gone off to college. She is studying Computer Science at New York University, and intends to take Iron Man up on his promise. Squirrel Girl is gonna be an Avenger!

= Face Claim: = Jodelle Furland

Ons: Romance, Candlelit dinners, charming young men, candy

Offs: Anything to dirty or fetishy. Squirrel Girl is an innocent pure soul!

Garuss Vakarian

Yay! Lol, real glad you picked the girl from Dark Matters. Shes a great actress and just is so adorable. She just looks like Squirrel girl in my opinion. ^^

Chulanowa

I have to admit, I'm tempted, sorely tempted by Rocket Raccoon. I'm just trying to figure out how he would, er, work.  ;D

Garuss Vakarian

Lol, if by work you mean sexually, I am certain theres a few fine ladies that are all for a cute fluffy guy to hold like a stuffed animal. :P . None the less, I think Rocket can work well!

Also still deciding on a second character. At a cross between Peter Quil and Ms Marvel.

LSWSjr

Would I be able to play Eden Blake / Mantra, a Marvel-owned character from the defunct Ultraverse?
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Eden_Blake_(Earth-93060)

I have an adaption of her ready to go if approved :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions