The X-Men versus The Brotherhood: XvB (Recruiting)

Started by Irishfire87, January 11, 2014, 08:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irishfire87

[This will be in the NC: Exotic Freeform Small Groups]

The X-Men versus The Brotherhood is a freeform RP that as the name suggests, focuses on the battle between the X-Men and the Brotherhood.  However unlike the typical X-Men and Brotherhood groups this game allows you to choose either a CANON or a Custom character and choose which side they will be on.  For example you could make Gambit a member of the Brotherhood or Pyro a member of the X-Men.  All mutant characters aside from Professor X and Magneto are available.  This rp does NOT go with the storyline meaning you can have an Original Cyclops character and an alt reality Nightcrawler on the same team.  Any character you choose can be any version of that character.

Honestly, while I do have some storylines in mind I am going to wait until teams develop before I finalize any as until characters are chosen it will be a little difficult to go through with any of them.

In regards to why Professor X and Magneto are unavailable it is to have the option later on to bring them in if we have an overwhelming number of good characters or bad characters.

The X-Men:  The X-Men will as usual be based in a school for mutants where the X-Men faculty will try to help students bring out and control their mutant abilities.  The character that I will use is Surge and I am going to have her be with the X-Men.  With that being said she will be an X-man and may be on the faculty, but she will not be in charge of the school.  That leaves several positions open within the X-Men.  The school can be Charles Xaviers School for the Gifted or it can be Jean Grey's.  I will leave that up to whoever wants to take the role of head master/head mistress.

The first five X-Men faction characters made are guaranteed the choice to be an official 'X-Man'.  Any custom characters after that have to be a student, at least for a short while, before being put on 'the team'.  Of course this does not mean there won't be any action for them.

The Brotherhood:  How the Brotherhood runs will ultimately be determined by whoever assumes the role of 'Leader' of the brotherhood.  Unlike the X-Men, the Brotherhood have one leader and the rest are just members.  There are no students and while with the Brotherhood there is a lot more freedom to do whatever you want.

Rules:  Just use common sense.  If I have to put rules down here later I will.  Until then I'll leave this up to rper discretion.

Characters Taken/Approved:

X-Men

Surge: Irishfire
Swift: Praxis
Replicant: Mossberg
She-Hulk: Midori Sadi
Banshee: Kckolbe
Rogue:  AribethAmkiir
Tinkerbell:  45dragoons
Gambit:  Prince Truhan

Brotherhood

Quicksilver: Prince Truhan
Shadow Queen (Kitty Pryde):  Empyrean
Sculptor: 45dragoons
Gabrielle Austin: Pumpkin Seeds
Acid: Irishfire
Psylocke:  Midori Sadi
Maul:  Sasquatch421

Neutral:

X-23:  TamaRose
Ronin:  Sasquatch421

Positions:

Leader of the Brotherhood:  Shadow Queen

HeadMistress of the X-Men School:  Rogue
X-Men Faculty: Banshee
X-Men Faculty: Rogue
X-Men Faculty: Gambit
(Depending on the character made I would still be open to there being more Faculty members.)

As far as character sheets, they are under the following link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=194152.msg9437797#msg9437797

If you have any questions about this RP feel free to ask.

XvB links:

Main Page: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=194418.0
Xavier's School for the Gifted:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=194436.msg9454379#msg9454379
The Shadowed Palace (Brotherhood):  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=194437.0

Kokaine

I could be up for this.

Just to clarify... we can submit original characters? Or must they all be canon?

And also, can a character switch sides if the RP allows for that or are you stuck on whatever side you choose?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Irishfire87

Yes customs are welcomed.

Switching sides is fine as well.

Irishfire87

Just a sidenote that I think Wyldecat looks really cool.  A mix of Kate Bishop and Greer Grant.  (Hawkeye 2 and Tigra)

TamaRose

I will put my character up tomorrow. I will be playing an OC if that's alright.

Irishfire87

Not a problem at all, especially since this doesn't involve any specific Marvel timeline.

Kokaine

Quote from: Irishfire87 on January 11, 2014, 04:59:27 PM
Just a sidenote that I think Wyldecat looks really cool.  A mix of Kate Bishop and Greer Grant.  (Hawkeye 2 and Tigra)

Thanks. She's usually a lot of fun to play. This will be the first time I play her against the X-Men rather than with them xD

Hopefully there will be some other interesting characters joining up soon ^^
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Irishfire87

Well, we have a Gambit now.  If we get too many X-Men I can make a second character that's brotherhood.  Or if you want you could make a second character that's in the X-Men.

Irishfire87

Empyrean

This looks interesting. Do canon characters have to have their canon powers?

Irishfire87

Preferably.  Especially if it is a major character.  Unless you mean like when storm lost her powers or something like that.  Then it would be fine.

Irishfire87

I just added Gambit to the taken characters list.

I also wanted to let you know Kokaine, it looks like we'll probably have a Brotherhod Quicksilver.

Kokaine

My O/Os

Empyrean

Okay. I'll get to work on something then. Oh, and Storm is an instructor at the Academy?

Irishfire87

I've added Quicksilver to the character list.

A note to anyone who looks at this.  We need a leader for the brotherhood and a headmaster/headmistress for the X-Men.

Prince Truhan

Quicksilver can be a leader should a more suitable character not show.

Empyrean

I was thinking of making a leader figure if no one minds.

Irishfire87

TamaRose

If we get a Wolverine I would like to bring X 23 in. I would like to work something out where he would just find out about existence. That is if you get a Logan. lol

Chaeronea

I'd be interested in playing an OC on the side of the X-Men, although he hasn't been around Xavier's long enough to be a member of the faculty.

Neysha

My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Irishfire87

Empyrean:  I apologize for not having seen that you had asked about Storm being an instructor at the school.  She would likely be one or the headmistress if someone wanted to RP as her.

TamaRose:  It would be great to have that scenario play out, and having an X-23 would be great.  I'm also a little surprised no one has taken a Wolverine or Cyke yet.

Chaeronea:  That would be fine.  The school would have more members than faculty anyways.

Neysha:  Yes this game is freeform.  Expecially the Brotherhood as they don't really have a school set-up.

Also, a sidenote here to everyone.  Once we have a couple more members I'll set up the basic storyline which wil be added to as we have more members join.  For the most part the storyline that will be posted will explain about the current situation of the X-Men and the Brotherhood.

If we do not have a Leader figure for the X-Men by then, I will figure out a way to explain Surge being a temporary fill-in as leader out of necessity.

Also, Kitty Pryde has been added to the character list.

kckolbe

If you are amenable to a "temporary" headmaster, I wouldn't mind trying out Banshee for the job.  Will there any any arbitration method for pvp?  Even random dice would make me feel more comfortable.  Some good players here.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Irishfire87

Having Banshee as a Temp would be great, and having him end up Faculty would be great too.  As far as dice rolls for the most part where this is listed as free from I would like to avoid that however if two people are in a pvp fight and neither will concede then yeah we'd have to do a basic tiebreaker.  I would hope it wouldn't have to come to that, but if it did yes we would have a roll.  Also, I would have to step in if someone was making a character more powerful than the character should be.