The Creeping Tide [DnD 3.5] Recruitment. Closed.

Started by SteelZephyr, June 24, 2013, 07:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Truhan

Quote from: Ershin on July 01, 2013, 08:05:28 AM
Just got home after the weekend away, I should have a sheet/background to post some time this evening. I honestly thought I'd have the background done in the evenings when I wasn't doing anything, but as it turns out I just sort of got wrecked each day.

Though actually, with the number of already submitted applicants wuld I still be permitted to post something? That might be the main question here.

You should post, the dm said he would pick the ones he thought best for the game, and gave us time to finish our sheets until july 4th, so there is time.

I hope to be done with my sheet today. My wizard has enchantment banned so he won't be manipulating people by getting in their head.

Videospirit

So, seeing as the monk level gave the perform skill, I had Chi put some points into it, to represent her experience with the Nymphs.

And I find it very amusing and appropriate that her "Nymph's Kiss" feat is applying a +2 bonus to Perform(Sexual Technique) rolls.

Weird monks though.

Don't expecting her to be rocking anyone's world so hard the gods take notice or anything though.(Although natural 20 and that Fetish thing could do it I suppose)

eBadger

Eh, wizard skill points + cross class = mediocre lover. That's my only problem with that system. 

On the other hand, a typical human on a typical roll can only sustain sex for 20 minutes...so either they aren't taking into account foreplay, or the women are rightfully on the verge of violence. 

SteelZephyr

kckolbe: For your first question, I believe there's a Centaur Racial class for pretty much this exact sort of scenario in Races of the Wild. Don't have my books with me, but you may want to take a peek there. As for Alice getting a bonus in place of her normal mount, I'll think up something. I have a few basic ideas, but I'll need to do some more work on them.

Ershin: You're free to post, just remember you have until the end of the 4th to submit a sheet.

kckolbe

I didn't see a racial class for centaurs, just elves, halflings and avorae.  Centaurs just got the description, a feat option, and I think a prestige class.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Siereis

Quote from: SteelZephyr on July 01, 2013, 02:07:31 PM
As for Alice getting a bonus in place of her normal mount, I'll think up something. I have a few basic ideas, but I'll need to do some more work on them.

Thanks.  Speaking of Alice I've adjusted her slightly for riding skills already.  Looking forward to whatever ideas you have as well.

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Anon315

Not to brag... okay, totally to brag, but +12 to perform. And if I perform two different types at once, I get a +14... Also, totally decided that since I can't decide, I'll just pick all 3. I am now a comedian, string instrumentalist, and well-versed lover. So if I make a sex pun during coitus, somehow it gives me a +2.  ;D

And I can last on average... 30 minutes. 40 if my partner is skilled also. And eBadger, I think they're merely talking about the act. Foreplay is not generally tiring in my experience, at least not as overtly so as sex. Foreplay is a pleasant walk along the beach, sex is like a jog in foot-deep mud in my experience, it gets tiring fast. (And then you're all sweaty and exhausted and it's marvelous.

Anon315

Quote from: kckolbe on July 01, 2013, 02:14:38 PM
I didn't see a racial class for centaurs, just elves, halflings and avorae.  Centaurs just got the description, a feat option, and I think a prestige class.

Yes but that class is meant to be taken all at once, as a substitute for "My DM started us at level 1-2". But if this DM says you can split em up, that's his call.

Videospirit

Except monster classes have the annoying rule of
QuoteA monster character using these rules may not multiclass until it completes the full progression in its monster class. This rule keeps characters from gaining the benefits of a monster’s type and then quickly switching to a standard class."

Of course that is immediately followed by
QuoteA monster class imposes an experience point penalty for multiclassing, just as other classes do (depending on preferred classes for the creature or race). A monster class is a character class for purposes of determining whether a character takes an experience point penalty. See the sample classes in Appendix 1 for specifics.

Which is completely retarded because monster classes cannot go to 20th level, and since you have to take them all at once you can't keep your intended class equal to your monster class anyway. I'm glad we aren't using multiclass penalties.

Dracorion

Alrighty then, I figured I'd get around to listing possible relationships Syra has with other characters. Let's see here...

Well, Videospirit already agreed that Syra could've visited Chi and the nymph's grove and they awakened her sexual appetite, fun stuff.

Syra could be acquainted with the centaur just from hanging around the same environment, especially if he hangs around Chi and the nymphs too. She could also know Alice through him.

Aside from what I suggested above, Syra and Alice could've met if they were in the same area and their interests (protect nature and defeat evil, respectively) aligned on an adventure.

As for Hart and Syra, I'd actually prefer if they didn't meet after Syra meets Chi and the nymphs. I have ideas for that. They could've met before that, while wandering, but Syra wouldn't have understood Hart's advances very well.

There's not much information about Aio's wanderings after leaving his tower, so I'm not sure how he could've met Syra.

Syra and Garret could've partnered up in the past once or twice, as I think their morality is fairly similar, though Syra's is more primitive, revolving around fairness and hurting others only if necessary to survive.

Syra and Dornal are less likely to have met, unless his vigilantism drove him to put down some corrupt thing or another, and Syra did the same.

Syra's not a big fan of slavery, as one might imagine, so any interaction she would've had with Nys probably wasn't friendly. Still, it's entirely possible their paths could've crossed before.

Prince Truhan

These are some ACFs for a paladin in exchange for it's mount:

Charging Smite (PHB 2, p 53): No special mount, if you smite on a charge attack, gain 2 extra damage per paladin level.

Divine Spirit (DS, p 11): No special mount. Gain a spirit that grants special abilities to you and/or your allies.

Stand Fast (CS, web): Do not gain special mount. Add your divine grace bonus to allies' saving throws. Also gain the ability to add the bonus to rolls to resist bullrush, grapple, trips, sunders, and disarms.

SteelZephyr

Hmm....I'll need to see the racial class, but I'll consider dropping the 'must go all out' option. No final word on it until I get a chance to look it up.

As for Alice, how were you planning on building her? That would help nudge me in a direction for her bonus.

kckolbe

All right.  I have him as Centaur 5/Kundala 1 right now, but can easily change it.  If it helps, I have no problem with vowing to take the last level of centaur before taking levels anywhere else once play starts. 

The last level of Centaur grants me 1d8 health, +1 BAB, +1 Will and Reflex, 3 skill points, large size, and upgrades the damage of my hooves from 1d4 to 1d6.  It's a level I am going to really want to take.

Intro Thread

Siereis

I really had no specific direction for her yet but at the moment I have her built rather 'vanilla'... With a slight focus on defense due to using a shield.  I suppose if I had to give some idea of what I plan to specialize as we progress...perhaps a tank with remarkably high ac.  First time playing a Paladin so not quite sure what is all out there.  I'm certainly open to ideas!

Prince Truhan

Quote from: Siereis on July 01, 2013, 02:48:06 PM
I really had no specific direction for her yet but at the moment I have her built rather 'vanilla'... With a slight focus on defense due to using a shield.  I suppose if I had to give some idea of what I plan to specialize as we progress...perhaps a tank with remarkably high ac.  First time playing a Paladin so not quite sure what is all out there.  I'm certainly open to ideas!

Check the class features I posted, one of them is nice for defense, as you would be defending the allies as well, the other one is for offense.

No clue what the spirit one is really about.

Then again the gm might prefer to come up with something

Videospirit

Divine spirit class feature

You can summon each of the spirits once a day as a standard action, but only one at a time, and you only have spirit of healing to start.
The spirit of healing is like a mobile hp pool that any of the party can drink from(As a standard action) and you can move around as a free action on your round.

Anon315

Well Draco, Hart isn't always being an intolerable lech. Sometimes he's telling jokes on stage, playing music, or otherwise making a living for himself. Other times he's actively saving damsels in distress who invariably turn out to be betrothed or otherwise not accessible to his advances. But being a dragon, he risks these sorts of things. Alas.

Otherwise, if you travel at all, he's always traveling. Whether this is because working too long in one place makes his jokes and music stale, or whether he's actually fleeing from the aforementioned individuals who don't appreciate his attitude of free love, we'll never know.

Siereis

Quote from: Prince Truhan on July 01, 2013, 02:29:16 PM
These are some ACFs for a paladin in exchange for it's mount:

Charging Smite (PHB 2, p 53): No special mount, if you smite on a charge attack, gain 2 extra damage per paladin level.

Divine Spirit (DS, p 11): No special mount. Gain a spirit that grants special abilities to you and/or your allies.

Stand Fast (CS, web): Do not gain special mount. Add your divine grace bonus to allies' saving throws. Also gain the ability to add the bonus to rolls to resist bullrush, grapple, trips, sunders, and disarms.

In terms of making Alice a little more focused, what do people think about this class instead:  The 'Holy Paladin'?

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Holy_Paladin_%283.5e_Alternate_Class_Feature%29

Additionally, I really liked the Stand Fast Feat...but can't seem to find it online...any link?  Of course..I could just take your word on what it does since it sounds quite strong.

Lastly...I've updated my character's portrait.

Dracorion

Quote from: Anon315 on July 01, 2013, 03:57:52 PM
Well Draco, Hart isn't always being an intolerable lech. Sometimes he's telling jokes on stage, playing music, or otherwise making a living for himself. Other times he's actively saving damsels in distress who invariably turn out to be betrothed or otherwise not accessible to his advances. But being a dragon, he risks these sorts of things. Alas.

Otherwise, if you travel at all, he's always traveling. Whether this is because working too long in one place makes his jokes and music stale, or whether he's actually fleeing from the aforementioned individuals who don't appreciate his attitude of free love, we'll never know.

"Pfft, dragon he calls himself. My great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather was a giant, I suppose that makes me one too." Syra would scoff, if she were talkative and arrogant.

:P

I'm not sure about Syra helping to kidnap/rescue damsels betrothed to someone else, but yeah, she travels enough that she and Hart may have crossed paths.

SteelZephyr

Holy Paladin looks alright to me, though is does cement your role as the defender.

indarkestknight

At the very least I think Holy Armor should be supernatural, not extraordinary, if the DM approves it.

Prince Truhan

Quote from: Siereis on July 01, 2013, 04:20:12 PM
In terms of making Alice a little more focused, what do people think about this class instead:  The 'Holy Paladin'?

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Holy_Paladin_%283.5e_Alternate_Class_Feature%29

Additionally, I really liked the Stand Fast Feat...but can't seem to find it online...any link?  Of course..I could just take your word on what it does since it sounds quite strong.

Lastly...I've updated my character's portrait.

Ok, it's not as cool as it sounded in the acf list, I think it is still quite good though:

Stand Fast

While most paladins enjoy the companionship of a summoned mount, those who live amidst large populations often prefer to devote their energies toward protecting those around them and defending the city from outside threats.

Class: Paladin.

Level: 5th.

Replaces: If you select this class feature, you do not gain a special mount.

Benefit: Starting at 5th level, a paladin may use the following two abilities, once per day each, as an immediate action. At 11th level, she may use each ability twice per day, and at 18th level she may use each ability three times per day.
• Add the paladin's divine grace (Charisma modifier) on the saving throw of all allies within 20 feet. She must add this bonus on the same save for each of them; thus, she could add to everyone's Reflex save, or everyone's Will save, but she could not grant some a bonus on Reflex and others a bonus on Will. She does not gain any bonus for using this ability, but neither does she lose her own divine grace bonus. This bonus lasts for 1 round.
• Add the paladin's divine grace (Charisma modifier) on any roll she makes to resist a bull rush, disarm, grapple, sunder, or trip attack. She cannot use this ability when she is making such an attack; it is defensive only.

got it from here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a

Videospirit

The Higher level Spirits are pretty crazy for tanking.

The Level 16 Spirit of Heroism Grants Dr 10/-, the Diehard feat, and makes Lay on Hands a free action for you while it's around.

The level 20 spirit of the fallen automatically heals twice your paladin level points to any ally who drops below 0 within 30 feet of it, even if they'd have otherwise died from the damage, and grants all allies next to it fast healing 10.

Probably a little more useful than Stand Fast for Tanking, but won't unlock until much later.

Siereis

Okay so Alice has been changed..Stand Fast has been added as well as changing her from a Paladin to a "Holy Paladin"...only taking away smite evil and giving her extra AC and dmg resistance.

@kckolbe:  I decided not to focus Alice too heavily on mounted combat since we have no idea what SteelZephr will throw at us yet.  However, she does have more points in ride now so she will definitely be doing that when possible.

Updated Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=599638