Roleplaying?

Started by blitz765, November 19, 2012, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blitz765

Hi all

Question - how does this roleplaying thing work? Cause I have been checking the roleplay forum, and I see many many posts of people talking about what characters they wish to use, but not really any roleplaying. Does that happen on a hidden part of the forum?

I ask cause I kinda like the idea of doing a Buffy the vampire slayer type of roleplay. Does someone set the scene with one forum post and then the following post is a person (playing a character) saying what he or she does?

RedPhoenix

It's "hidden" until you are approved, so sort of. Once you're approved you'll see all the forums. I remember how overwhelmed I was when I saw them all for the first time.

You can do a non-adult one without being approved I think!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Oniya

For a concrete example, you might want to check the Non-Adult Sandbox.  (Yes, the Non-Adult RPs are available to unapproved members.)

In general, Person A posts a request thread, either in One on Ones Wanted, Group RPs Wanted, or the Non-Adult Requests.

Interested parties respond either by post or PM, and negotiate from there.  In the case of Adult RPs, a thread is then set up in the Adult side of the forum (not visible to Unapproved members or guests), where the RP itself takes place.  In the case of Non-Adult RPs, the thread is set up in the Non-Adult Roleplays board (just below the request board). 

Co-writers alternate posting, back and forth, or (in the case of a group) sometimes arrange a 'posting order', detailing what their characters do or say, and what is happening around them.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17