Return of the Wolf: Game Thread - VAMPIRES WIN!

Started by Galactic Druid, April 06, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

"Vera, I believe people are so suspicious of you because you were the most vocal about defending Remi. It makes sense for a vampire to defend one of their own. But it also would be obvious if done so blatantly. You would paint a big target on your back." Persephone furrowed her brows in thought.

"Remi was smart. He was a strategist. Since there are only two vampires, and he knew he was going to be killed, he could have told his fellow vampire to vote for him in order to avoid suspicion." She suggested.

"But I'm still unsure about you, Vera. It's hard to get a read on you."
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

AffablyEvil

"It's hard to get a read on anybody right now." Evil said and glanced up, noticing the sun going down. "It's almost night-time. Is there anyone who has yet to vote?"
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

AffablyEvil

(OOC:

In RP's absence, friendly reminder that 24 hours and then some has now passed, and EmyKat and Rafiki has still to vote.  The current vote tally is 7 for Vera and 4 for Yugi, with EmyKat and Rafiki yet to vote. If they do not vote before ThatRpGuy shows up I assume their votes will not be counted.)
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

Galactic Druid

That suns it up nicely! If anybody has any doubts about their current decision, you all have 12 hours to change your mind!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

3 Hours Remain!!

The sun is beginning to set, so get those votes or changes in now!!

Verasaille

Lady Vera looks around, hoping to make one last appeal. "I did not ask to be made sheriff. I was happy for your support then. I make mistakes, I admitted them. I can be rash,  and make changes when I see the sense in it. No harm in changing your mind. I am again telling you I am innocent. I have no clue who the other vampire is or the wolf. It appears no matter what I say, no one will believe me. It is a dark day indeed. I have only had the interests of the villagers from the beginning. So much death, so few clues, and no matter what is said, there is no proof of anyone's innocence until they are dead. I wish you all luck, for I fear even if I am granted mercy by those of you left voting, my day to die will come from the very monsters I have tried to help ferret out. I have come to close to naming those who may be guilty. They will be after me now."
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

The crowd seemed set on their decision. The new sheriff, for all of one day, was lead to the gallows. For what it was worth, Verasaiille seemed resigned to her fate. She had said her piece, and was ready to face her fate with dignity. It was over in a heartbeat. She didn't fight, nor was there any dramatic transformation. Her body simply dropped, swaying gently, snuffed out in an instant. The village's heart immediately sank. So many had believed she was a vampire in league with Remiel. A thorough search of her home turned up even less. They would simply have to accept they had killed an innocent villager. With heavy hearts, they returned to their homes, hoping for some protection the following night from the fate they knew was coming.

Night 5 Has Begun!

Night Role PMs have been sent out. With any luck, results will be posted shortly.

Galactic Druid

The entire village was in edge as they went to bed. With no sheriff, many of them were worried they would be waking up to find yet another corpse among their former friends. This time, they didn't need to wait that long.

In the middle of the night, a piercing howl shook the village awake. As they poured outside, crossbows and torches at the ready, they were met by a grizzly sight; a massive, bloodied wolf, dressed in scraps of torn clothing that barely resembled Persephone's dress, thrashed about in the town square, pawing at it's still bleeding neck. The village wasted no time finishing the job, a few crossbow bolts was all it took.

They had once thought themselves to be victims of an assault, but the truth was way worse. Miller's Hollow was a battleground, caught in the middle of a war, and no man was safe.

The following morning, a search of Persephone's home revealed she was indeed the werewolf they had seen the previous night. In addition, Moirae was found dead in her home, a regular villager by the look of her.

The village needed to prepare for the worst. For a war. They needed a new sheriff.

Day 6 Has Begun!
From here on out, rounds are going to have a time limit. After 84 hours, Friday afternoon, collected votes will be tallied. Please have them in by then!

Once again, we need to elect a sheriff! Please cast a vote for both lynching and the sheriff, clearly labeling your vote and what the vote is for in bold. Both votes will be due by Friday evening, when we close the day phase and reveal our new sheriff and lynching.

Players

• Remiel
  • Blythe
  • James M
  • Silver
  • Moirae
  • persephone325
  • SunshineSparkle
  • yugi006
  • Leorobin
  • BAMF
  • Verasaille
  • LunaLilith22
  • Madame Professor
  • KatKwik
  • Strangefate
  • Queenie
  • Rafiki23
  • Lady Lunarius
  • EmyKat
  • AffablyEvil
  • Ceralilly

Potential roles remaining.

• 0-2 Werewolf players
  • 1 Vampire
  • The Seer
  • The Bodyguard
  • The Priest
  • The Shaman
  • The Diseased Villager
  • The Lycan
  • 5-7 Villagers

Rafiki23

Sitting in his home, cold and drafty as he hadn't lit a fire, nor the candles in sometime. He had heard about the Lynching and thought to himself how futile it all was. His love was gone, and there was no amount of dead wolves or vampires that would bring her back. He had spent his time grieving though, sobbed and wept for the life they were to be starting in the damnable town. But now was the time to stand up and face life again head on; she would have wanted it that way. Rafiki got dressed and headed down the stairs towards the front door, he placed his jacket and hat upon his head and walked through the threshold to go make his vote for sheriff. Latching the door behind him he mutter the words "Perhaps Evil will make a better Sheriff than the lot of them".

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

yugi006

Looking at the corpses he wondered if Persephone was truly a werewolf or a Lycan who just happened to look like a werewolf. How many more werewolves were out there. One ting he knew was that there was a vampire still roaming around. "My vote for sheriff is Katkwik."

AffablyEvil

Evil looked down upon the ground upon hearing Rafiki's voice. "While the thought is appreciated Rafiki, I am not worthy of such an honor after yesterday." She paused for a while. "If Vera was innocent, then her accusations of Yugi may very well have been for something more than mere self-interest. It is the best thing we have to go on, for now. I vote Yugi for lynching. As for Sheriff, I hardly know who to trust anymore, so I do not vote for one for now."

yugi006

"I'd like to point out that Vera was suspicious of Affably Evil from the very beginning and I want to know if it's true or not. While Vera may not have been a vampire there is a chance that she might have been a Wolfman. Given what has happened you can see why I voted for her. If she was truly innocent then we were all fooled. Even though Vera was suspicious of me later on she kept going back to Affably Evil as her most suspicious."

Silver

It was proven that Verasaiille was innocent when we lynched her. I am personally torn between two who I believe are up to no good. I refuse to vote for a Sheriff for the time being. Everyone who is elected turned out be the thing that we are looking for or we end up lynching them anyways because we all cannot come together and think straight. The night is dark and full of terrors; let's try to get rid of a few moment before anymore innocent people have to die.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

BAMF

Silver, would you care to share your suspicions? I am with you that we need to come at this with a more collected mindset. It feels rather like we've been loading a shotgun full of silver buck shot and hoping for the best. Which hasn't been very fruitful thus far.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

yugi006

"For the record Vera has not been proven innocent yet. Just like how Persopephone could have been the Lycan just like Vera could have been the Wolfman. Of course that goes for every other person that has shown up as villager when killed or lynched."

Silver

There is Yugi but there is also ever quiet Katkwit and also Affably Evil. But then on the the other hand people could be wanting to lynch me next due to me not being so vocal before. There are many ways things can play out but it's so much harder when no one trusts one another so that even a small plan could be put into play....
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Galactic Druid

AffablyEvil

"Vera did indeed find me suspicious, that is true Yugi. However, in the end it was you she accused, not me, and so it seems she came to the conclusion that it was better to take you down than me... I feel it is not illogical for the rest of us to follow that same line of thought, if the thoughts of the deceased shall be held in high regard."

yugi006

"Well I just want to find out if her suspicions were true or not."

AffablyEvil

"So do I Yugi. And it was you she wanted hanged last, in her dying breath." Evil said and narrowed her eyes, spinning a rope around in one hand. "I am willing to go to the gallows to prove my innocence. Are you?"

Strangefate

Strangefate gathered in the square with the rest of the villagers, the mounting deaths weighing heavy on his mind.   The killing of another werewolf during the night meant one less monster to worry about yet they still had at least another werewolf and vampire to slay before the village would ever be safe again.  “I have no strong feelings for sheriff, really.  It seems to be a cursed position.  But I will nominate BAMF for sheriff I suppose.  He hasn’t said a lot but seems to consider his votes before he makes them.”

“As for who to lynch I am torn between AffablyEvil and yugi006 currently.  I think Verasaille was likely right and at least one of them is probably a werewolf or vampire.  It seems like yugi has been eager to lynch someone every round and has often urged us to hang the wrong people like LunaLilith and Verasaille.  The one exception to that was the werewolf Blythe, who he defended quite strongly.  Those could all be honest mistakes though.  If nobody ever voices their suspicions for us to debate, the monsters have the advantage.  So I’d like to hear some other arguments before I vote.  I don’t want us to make another mistake like we did last round.  It only makes it easier for the monsters when we kill each other.”
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

yugi006

"Of course I'm ready to prove my innocence."

"Like I said before I never actually defended Blythe. I chose not to lynch him to avoid a huge risk of both him and Madame Professor dying. Basically if it was only Madame Professor she could be protected by the bodyguard. Like Strangefate said without any lynching we would have no info or get anywhere."

AffablyEvil

"Your logic on Blythe does not hold up... Why would NOT voting for Blythe make Blythe more safe? He would surely be killed during the night regardless as a Sheriff. He would've been a prime target. By voting for Blythe, one made sure that no matter what happened, Professor would be confirmed to either be worth protecting or not protecting and we had a chance of taking down a werewolf in the process something we most definitively did. Unfortunately, as it turns out, the Bodyguard could not protect her due to being targeted by two people, but regardless, voting for Blythe was in the end the most strategically sound move as town would've always gotten SOMETHING out of it."

yugi006

"Without the information that Blythe was a werewolf you can't say that. You can't say who the bad guys will kill!at night. As you saw Remiel was allied with Blythe so there was no way he would be a target. Not knowing what Blythe was would you target him? I wouldn't take the chance since he could be a vampire. It would only leave Madame Professor to protect if she was the only one lynched. We don't know that Madame Professor was targeted by two people. Given what has happened the night she died Remiel could have been a target. Voting for Blythe is risky as if he was a good guy not him and Madame Professor would be targets at night. Since Madame Professor's ability had been used it makes no sense for both bad guys to target her. We would have gotten something if we just lynched Madame Professor as well. We just lucky that Blythe happened to be a werewolf. Logically we had no proof of Blythe's guilt or innocence so anyone would have been as good a choice as Blythe."

EmyKat

Emy shyly stepped into the gathering, staying somewhat near Yugi, feeling safer near someone she felt she trusted. "I think that Katkwik has been relatively silent, but could help us through our struggles. I would like to vote for Katkwik for sheriff."

Taking a deep breath she shuffled her feet shyly and mumbled quietly. "And Evil to be lynched. I think that the initial suspicions were correct on Vera's part and that we should dutifully hang her. Then we will know for sure if Vera had been right. While she did mention Yugi in her dying breath, I feel that she was simply fear-struck. I trust Yugi, right or wrong we need someone to count on."
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629