News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Salonbox -For Exploration by Discussion

Started by The Great Triangle, May 30, 2008, 12:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShrowdedPoet

*walks in and sits on an empty couch looking sleepy and listens to the conversation going on*
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

*Pops in*

I'd have to say I hate clubs a lot.  Virtually everything about the environment, from the close quarters, to the flashing lights, to the loud music, to the smells, (THE SMELLS!), and the alarmingly hilarious fire marshall certificates.  (only 600 people on the roof of the club.  Except on weekends.  Then you can have 800.)  Generally mean I have about 1-3 hours before I start reacting badly physically, sweating profusely, increased pulse rate, difficulty breathing, nausea...  It's like getting drunk and hung over, except without the feelings of deep shame and inner peace.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Caeli

... NEW DISCUSSION ;D

Anybody want to suggest a topic? My brain fried after attempting to research for a paper.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Paradox

Quote from: Caeli on June 02, 2008, 11:38:48 AM
... NEW DISCUSSION ;D

Anybody want to suggest a topic? My brain fried after attempting to research for a paper.

Global warming, perhaps?

Or maybe what fried brains would taste like?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Greenthorn

How does everyone feel about online friends?  Are they just as real as real life ones?  I find online relationships/friendships to be much more intense as we can all actually be ourselves without worry.

Caeli

Quote from: Paradox on June 02, 2008, 11:40:42 AM
Global warming, perhaps?
Ugh... to much research required to make valid arguments... I have bad memories of earth science class in freshman year of high school.

QuoteOr maybe what fried brains would taste like?

... Is that human brains, or animal brains? >_>;

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 02, 2008, 11:41:19 AM
How does everyone feel about online friends?  Are they just as real as real life ones?  I find online relationships/friendships to be much more intense as we can all actually be ourselves without worry.

I think they are definitely as real as 'real life' friends. However, I don't think there's a substitute for meeting and knowing that person in person - online is wonderful, I can attest to that (it was a group of writer-friends online who really brought me out of my shell and did wonders for my quiet and too-shy personality), but it's most meaningful to really know and acknowledge and have met that physical body, and to speak with each other face to face.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Paradox

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 02, 2008, 11:41:19 AM
How does everyone feel about online friends?  Are they just as real as real life ones?  I find online relationships/friendships to be much more intense as we can all actually be ourselves without worry.

Actually, I kind of do have to worry, but overall, I love the connection I've made with a couple of people on E, yourself included. I don't think they're quite as real all of the time, but they do offer a unique opportunity to express yourself without fear of reprisal. I've come to look forward to talking to some of the people here. This is the only site I've found where the members are actually worthwhile outside of the games themselves.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Greenthorn

Real life friends -are- important..but to me the internet runs in fast forward...so easy to get close so quickly..it's easier to have intense conversations with people without having to see their reaction, if it is judgemental.

I have many RL friends who I am always in contact with...but my online friends are held just as highly as those in RL.

Paradox

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 02, 2008, 11:54:50 AM
Real life friends -are- important..but to me the internet runs in fast forward...so easy to get close so quickly..it's easier to have intense conversations with people without having to see their reaction, if it is judgemental.

I have many RL friends who I am always in contact with...but my online friends are held just as highly as those in RL.

Really?
So can I, uh..borrow ten bucks? I'll have it back to you by Friday, seriously.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Paradox on June 02, 2008, 11:58:47 AM
Really?
So can I, uh..borrow ten bucks? I'll have it back to you by Friday, seriously.

*hands Para a virtual 10 dollar bill*

Ehhh it's only 10 bucks..don't worry about it *winks*

Paradox

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 02, 2008, 12:00:38 PM
*hands Para a virtual 10 dollar bill*

Ehhh it's only 10 bucks..don't worry about it *winks*

Yeah, and I'm sure you still owe me for last night anyway.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Paradox on June 02, 2008, 12:01:46 PM
Yeah, and I'm sure you still owe me for last night anyway.

*shifty eyes*

Shhhh that was our secret Para!!

The Great Triangle

Time to shout fire in a crowded theater.

Sub, Pet, Slave, what are your personal definitions?

FIGHT!

(fire.)

Ons and Offs

Ariabella

*comes in and sits down*

Let's see...definitions

Sub: Enjoys submitting to a stronger presence, enjoys being bound, but returns to the mundane when the sun comes up

Pet: A permanent sub treated with tenderness yet is still controlled

Slave: A person totally at the mercy of their master, with no rights, treated with no tenderness.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

The Great Triangle

Interesting.  My personal impression is:

Sub: A person who is bound, but has no expectation to perform tasks for the master and can refuse freely.

Pet: A person who is expected to perform tasks for their master, but their loyalty is bought mostly by positive reinforcement and operant conditioning.

Slave: A person who must please their master, and will be harshly punished if they do not.

Ons and Offs

Greenthorn

I'm afraid my definitions may insult some people..so I apologize ahead of time:

A sub: One who will submit to anyone who is dominant, not necessarily a spineless act, more out of respect.  Subs will demand respect and usually are a part of a monogamous relationship.  They do not have "Masters".

A slave:   One who gives up everything of themselves to a Master.  Normally slaves are shared between Masters.  Will do whatever he pleases without question.  Slaves oftentimes get very mistreated.  (Not all, but it is common)

A pet:  Somewhere in between a sub and a slave.  Pets usually only have one Master, and expect to be treated respectfully...for just as a dog, if you treat a pet wrongly it will bite back.  Pets are expected to please their Master or be punished...but at the same time, their Master must also please them.

Greenthorn

*pokes*

I'm interested in other answers on the sub/pet/slave question!!!

*bats lashes*

delle

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 02, 2008, 06:51:29 PM
I'm afraid my definitions may insult some people..so I apologize ahead of time:
A sub: One who will submit to anyone who is dominant, not necessarily a spineless act, more out of respect.  Subs will demand respect and usually are a part of a monogamous relationship.  They do not have "Masters".

A slave:   One who gives up everything of themselves to a Master.  Normally slaves are shared between Masters.  Will do whatever he pleases without question.  Slaves oftentimes get very mistreated.  (Not all, but it is common)

A pet:  Somewhere in between a sub and a slave.  Pets usually only have one Master, and expect to be treated respectfully...for just as a dog, if you treat a pet wrongly it will bite back.  Pets are expected to please their Master or be punished...but at the same time, their Master must also please them.

Slut: One who will want some action anytime, anywhere, anyone. Being mistreated? Yeah baby yeah.

(Tee hee)

Greenthorn

*giggles at Delle*

New Topic?

Why are you here?  Is it for the sexual aspect?  Is it for the chance to write?

Me personally...I have a love of intellect, personalities, and others creativity. 

Paradox

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 04, 2008, 07:12:27 AM
*giggles at Delle*

New Topic?

Why are you here?  Is it for the sexual aspect?  Is it for the chance to write?

Me personally...I have a love of intellect, personalities, and others creativity. 

Me personally... I have a love of hot, sweaty sex.

Actually, I came here to write stories. I was originally on another site, but the posts were almost uniformly under one hundred words. That, combined with the fact that half of the members were probably under 18, had me at wit's end. The last straw was when I typed a 412 word post, only to have it answered with "Shawn opens teh door an is all like wtf?".

One sentence. One frigging sentence, and a poorly written one at that.
When I first came here, I didn't have anything sexual in mind. Of course, once I was put through the wringer that is our introduction process, quite a few ideas began to blossom in my mind. I still haven't written a single sexual scene in my time here, but most of my games have the potential to go in that direction. I just don't want to take things there right away. I think having the backstory will make the actual sexual encounter that much more interesting. Deep, involved plots and well-developed storylines are the reason I came to Elliquiy. If sexual scenes happen in a game, I'll be more than happy to write them; however, they weren't my primary reason for joining.

Caeli

I went looking for a roleplay site after one of my long-time partners recommended that I open up my experiences. He was someone that I'd roleplayed on another forum with, and then we had moved to IMs, then email, and back to IMs. He was actually my first real partner, writing sexual scenes with, and he suggested after several months that I broaden my horizon and try it with different partners, to get better at it, and develop, and improve.

I took his advice, and Googled, and it spit out Elliquiy... at first, I was here to explore and look around, but now Elliquiy is practically my guaranteed safe haven for excellent writing partners and universal respect and courtesy. The sexual scenes are a huge bonus, yes, but my reason of being on Elliquiy has changed. The writing and the community are what keep me here. <3

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Cutter

I'm here for a myriad of reasons. Obviously, to write. I've been a member of another forum for years and it has gone through various incarnations and sadly, its only down to 3 active members and I was looking for something more dynamic and thus came to E. I've certainly found this place to be dynamic. ;)

Also, the sexual aspect is intriguing for me. I've written erotically for years and this place offers me to continue to explore not only my sexuality but others as well.

The interaction with other members here on a  social level is also a powerful component to keep me here. Although, it does get me sidetracked and at times might cause some friction from an errant post or PM, but overall Its a great social network as well.
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0

ShrowdedPoet

Well, I was a member of an online writing forum that had RP for I think about 5 yrs.  BUT all of a sudden we got overrun by 13 yr old emo kids and the place went to hell.  So I finally got tired of it and googled Role Playing and found this place.  The only reason I stuck around with this one was because of the Acceptance process.  It intrigued me.  So now I'm here and I'm happy.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Greenthorn

New Topic:

If you frequent the introduction threads, why?  Are your silly questions just plain silly, or is there a method to your madness?

Me, I ask the vampire, werewolf, demon one because those things intrigue me.  My off the wall ones tell me if that person has a decent sense of humor or not.  I think you all know why I ask the movie genre question *grins* (always looking for more horror fans!)

Tant de Tentation

I like to single out the stronger members of the herd (unlike most wolves)... and then seduce them away to play with me.  Using: well-placed questions, incendiary remarks when I like, &c.

I like to meet people; newbies won't have that many RP requests right away unless I get a jump on them, and thus will be more likely to join me in some of my nefarious plots; and I like asking weird questions.

I also just like to talk/write.  A lot.

A note on the earlier topic: all good writing is a little erotic.  Oh, yes.  At least, so it is for me; but chacun à son goût, as the saying goes.
"Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit."
--Aristotle

My ONs and OFFs
TNT's crazy intro thread.