The Fictionals: Game of Minds (Villain and Axenia)

Started by Axenia, June 26, 2011, 11:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

'I still don't understand why you becoming fictional would create us.' Alistair spoke, ignoring Casey's pleas as he watched the demonic man straighten up and stretch out. He seemed to gain a little more height and his cloak mould into a more jagged shape, as if he was being wrapped up in a pair of jet black bat wings.
  'It's simple really, by breaking the law that a nonfictional person cannot become fictional I also broke another rule; fictional people cannot become nonfictional' He spoke before gesturing to them, 'Over the years yours characters have been granted the right to exist in this world because of that law being broken. It's a rather sloppy process, about one in every hundred children will have a fictional counterpart, which is why it is no surprise that popular characters like yourselves have taken so long to be born into this world. It's rather like a lottery you see.'
  'I think I understand.' Alistair spoke with a nod, 'You're the cause and effect. The crack in the whole of the universe which has led to our strange existence.'
  'You may thank me any time you wish.' Mr Spring spoke with a smile before stepping back and putting a long arm around Moriarty, 'It's become rather a double edged sword for me. On the one hand I now have managed to possess a large organisation full of villains with extraordinary powers whilst at the same time achieving youth and gifts beyond my wildest dreams'
  'On the other hand every now and again I get heroes like you banding together and trying to thwart me. It really is most burdensome.' He sighed, 'Which is why I need to kill you. You need to be destroyed before you become a nuisance.'
  'Why not kill us now then?' Alistair asked, hoping that the question wouldn't immediately lead to their destruction.
  'Good sport?' Mr Spring asked before shrugging and shaking his head, 'No, I suppose it's more to do with the idea that even though you are my enemies your abilities are of use to me.'
  He patted Moriarty's shoulder before casting a warm smile in their direction. With the fanged teeth he now possessed the smile more looked like he was contemplating whether to eat them or not, 'I'll bid you farewell for tonight. I do hope you'll be prepared next time we battle. I look forward to a good game'
  'I don't think we can let that happen.' Alistair spoke before pointing at the two villains that were now retreating to the corner of the roof, 'Casey burn them.' Alistair spoke before pointing at them.

Axenia

He didn't have to tell her twice, in an instent her body was engulfed in blue flames, she had been feeling the energy of the others and harvested it. She had become very powerful, the fire kept climbing in intensity. it wasn't an inferno the way it had been at the hair salon. It was more controlled and aimed at the two villeans. She was focused, she didn't think of the other knowing they would back away if they started getting affected by her fire. Then something happened that had never happened before. She could sense his energy, Mr. Sp ring's overwhelming energy. She didn't even notice that her feet left the roof. She was levitating, aiming all the force she could at them. She could hear Moriarty scream, but weather it was in pain or terror she didn't know. Then the sound of other screams filled the air. She heard her mothers voice screaming at her from a distance. Soon after she heard her fathers voice join in, screaming for her to stop. But she couldn't, or rather, she wouldn't.
   "Al make them shut up, I don't care how just do it." She looked like en avenging angel soaring in mid air, her hair moving around her head like a halo. Her eyes were pure fire, and all of her attention was on Mr. Spring.

Villain

Alistair nodded before turning to the edge of the roof and making his way towards it, 'Maybe if I get their attention it'll distract them! Lulu! Ryan! Help me out!' He barked back to them.
  'Please don't strain yourself Mr Holmes, allow me.' Mr Spring spoke before stepping forwards and breathing in deep.
  What happened next was like a blur to Alistair. One moment Casey was hovering in the air, in control and burning bright like a star and then the next moment she fell to the ground. It had been so fast that Alistair could barely comprehend it, but he knew what he had just seen. Mr Spring had just inhaled Casey's flames.
  As he had breathed in the flames that coated her body arced towards him before darting into his awaiting mouth. It was as if the man had a vaccum cleaner for lungs. He sucked the flames into his lungs, peeling them off Casey like a layer of clothing before gulping them down and letting out a small smokey cough.
  Alistair stared at the monster in a suit. His eyes wide with terror. He couldn't think straight. There was no plan he could think of. This man was going to destroy them all.
  'Silly plan boy. Don't you know what I was famous for back in London?' He asked with a smirk before pulling his head back, 'Breathing fire' He spoke before his mouth opened wide and a jet of raw untamed red flame shot across the roof towards them.
  The flame was intense and powerful. Alistair had believed Casey's flames to be the most powerful force he had ever witnessed, but Mr Springs flames were like an untamed explosion. The roof tiles peeled away and the building beneath their feet rumbled before giving away and collapsing.
  Alistair could hear Lulu screaming. He could hear Ryan shouting that they were all going to die. He could feel the force of the explosion sending him flying high into the air. His vision was spinning as he tumbled through the air. He couldn't see anything apart from flames and darkness.
  He felt weightless as he feel. He felt air rush past him and roar in his ears and eventually he felt the impact of hard ground.

Two hours later

'Is he dead?' Ryan asked as he stared down at a battered looking Alistair. The boy let out a groan and ran a hand through his messy hair before wincing as a sudden surge of pain swept through him. His head was pounding and there was an irritating bright light swimming in front of his eyes.
  'No, but don't expect him to be able to just get up like you Mr Black. He's not exactly resilient to falling off a building.' Spoke the warm cheerful voice of an adult woman.
  'What happened?' Alistair asked as he slowly sat up. His eyes finally managed to adjust to the bright light and reveal to him where they now lay.
  They were in a peculiar place. It was a very round room with pieces of furniture sticking out of the walls which appeared to be made of dirt. It was as if they fallen into a large deep hole. He looked up to check if that was true, but all he could see was endless darkness. Below his feet was a tiled brown floor and from out of one of the walls was a large wooden door with a brass door handle.
  Stood over him was Ryan Black and a very pretty dark haired woman in her thirties with braided hair. She was wearing a pair of blue dungaree's with a red shirt. Her face and outfit were caked in mud and different coloured paints.
  'How are you feeling detective?' The woman asked with a smile.
  'Like I just got blown up.' He mumbled and clutched his head. He only realised now that his head had been bandaged and Lulu and Casey were lying either side of him. They too had been wrapped in bandages, all of which had been covered in paint and mud.
  'Where the heck are we?' Alistair moaned as another ache went through his skull.
  'Wonderland. Lulu opened up the rabbit hole before she lost consciousness' Ryan spoke before pointing to the woman, 'The hot girl here caught us before we got splattered, but it wasn't exactly the most graceful of catches.'
  'I sort of caught you and then dropped you' The woman spoke and smiled apologetically, 'Sorry I wasn't exactly on my A game tonight.'

Axenia

When Mr. Spring started swallowing Casey's fire her head had started spinning. It was the most terrifying thing that had ever happened to her, she couldn't breath or move. The fire no longer belonged to her, but to him, the creature sucking the life out of her. She had fought him for a while, although it must have been only a split second. Then the fire was gone and she had fallen to the ground, the wound on her hand from the demon opened again. She had tried to get up when she saw what he was doing, she wanted to yell at the others, scream that they had to leave the roof. And then they had fallen, she had barely been conscious as they did.
   When she finally woke up she could hear the voices of the others, her body ached and she was dizzy. She looked down at herself, something was very wrong, she felt wrong. She sat up and started removing the bandages, her heart racing. She didn't even notice where she was, all she wanted to do was remove the bandages hoping that the feeling would go away. But it didn't, she looked at her hands, they were a bit cold, as the matter of fact, she was cold. She wanted to start a small fire in her hands to warm her up, but nothing happened. She stared at her hands for a moment before trying again. Still, no flames, not even a spark.
   "No, please no." She tried again and again, getting more frustrated at each try. "Work God damn it, please." She was close to tears, shaking.

Villain

'Ah. I figured this may be a problem' The stranger spoke with concern as she moved to Casey's side and frowned as she looked over the girls hands, 'Can you summon it with the chant? Or is there a memory that can trigger it? Have you ever tried to visualise the fire as a locked chest or cell phone bars or perhaps a shoot star?' She asked as she curled her hands around Casey's and examined them closely.
  'Who are you?' Alistair groaned as he watched the woman fiddle with Casey's hands.
  'Take a guess. You've met me before.' The young woman spoke before sniffing Casey's knuckles.
  'Mrs Maple?' Ryan asked as he watched the odd woman. Clearly he had been more concerned with his friends welfare than the identity of the mysterious woman that had caught them.
  'Nice guess honey but no. You're going to have to think a bit harder.' She spoke sweetly before running her finger over the girls wrists. She looked up for a moment and grinned at Alistair, 'Who's always complaining about the state the school theatre is in? Who decides what photos of the stage to put in the school magazine?'
  There was a silence as Alistair listened to the woman and tried to start his brain up again by working out the puzzle the woman had just given him. After a few moments his eyes widened and both him and Ryan looked at each other in shock before blurting the answer out at the same time; 'Ms Vander?!'
  'Correct!' Ms Vander spoke before giving them a wink and resuming glancing at Casey's hands.
  'B-but...your not old and snappy and weird and you don't wear glasses!' Ryan exclaimed as he pointed at the woman.
  'Perfect disguise isn't it? Bet you all thought it was Mrs Maple who altered everyones memories' She chuckled before pressing down hard on the palm of Casey's hands, 'How does this feel? Warm?'

Axenia

"No, it's just cold and I... I feel wrong, what happened?" A tear ran down her cheek. So many times she had wished for her ability to disappear, and now that it seemingly had all she wanted was to get it back. She got up from the floor quickly, looking around for the door. She needed air, to be alone for a while. Why had this happened, had Mr. Spring somehow stolen her powers, or was she the cause of it. Was she blocking her abilities. Then she remembered her parents screaming at her while she was on the roof. How much had the seen, what had happened to them. She felt the hatred for Mr. Spring grow inside her, she wanted to bring him down, make him suffer before he was destroyed.
   She finally found the door and ran outside, not caring where she went just as long as she was alone. She wanted to blame someone else other than her, putting the blame for her powers disappearance on someone. She had been so happy tonight, hanging out with her friends, kissing Alistair. Now it was all ruined, a wonderful evening had turned into a nightmare. She ran until she couldn't anymore, dropping to her knees and hiding her face in her hands. She took some deep breathes, making herself calm down a bit. Then she started concentrating on feeling her powers, getting in touch with them. But there was nothing, she felt empty, lost. But she kept trying in all the ways she could think of.
   She could feel the time pass while sitting there, but she didn't care. Without her abilities she was nothing, just another girl in the crowd. How long she had been sitting there she didn't know. All she wanted was to go back to the real world, to get Mr. Spring.

Villain

Ms Vander had called out after her as she had run, tried to warn her that it was dangerous outside or at least very strange, but Casey hadn't heard. For a while Casey just sat in the clearing of a forest, trying her best to conjure the fire that seemed to have vanished after the encounter with Mr Spring.
  After a while Casey would notice a strange smell began to drift through the air and break her out of her moment of concentration. She would finally notice that she was sitting in the middle of what appeared to be a forest clearing, but upon second glance she would realise she wasn't surrounded by trees but huge flowers, blades of grass and very big mushrooms. She would no longer be able to see the path behind her, for now a purple mist had washed over her path and rose around her, blocking out the sky and the ground beneath her feet.
  'Who...are...you?' A sleepy sounding voice echoed through the mist.

Axenia

She got up from the ground and looked around, feeling completely helpless without her fire, although she still had the knife strapped to her thigh. She tried to remember the story of Alice in wonderland, her mother had read it to her a couple of times while she was a small child.
   "My name is Casey, who are you, where are you?" She tried to see through the mist, but it was impossible.

Villain

'Up.' The voice spoke, the word echoing around her. Casey would now notice that a large grey mushroom was hanging over her head. On top of it sat a very big blue caterpillar that lay coiled up like a snake. By its side was a peculiar antique bottle with a long rubber tube coming from the top of it. At the end of the tube was a pipe that the caterpillar place in the Caterpillar lips, which looked suspiciously like human lips.
  It stared down at her with it's insect eyes before slowly crawling towards the end of the mushroom. She would probably wonder how such a big mushroom and caterpillar had been so unnoticeable, 'Not Alice are you?'

Axenia

"No I'm not Alice, I'm a friend of hers." Casey stepped at little away from the mushroom, taking a better look at the caterpillar. She looked around to see if there were anybody else, but it didn't look like it.
   "I'm sorry, I didn't wanted to intrude, I just... I needed to be alone. But if you could tell me how to get back I would appreciate it." Again she tried to start a fire but it didn't work. The frustration was getting to her, and now she was starting to blame someone. She blamed Alistair. Deep down she knew it was her own fault, she had conjured the fire, she had agreed to do it. But she had also begged him to leave, to take the fight another day.

Villain

The caterpillar watched her curiously as she tried to summon fire again. It's blue head dipped below the edge of the mushroom and watched her with interest before very suddenly clonking her over the head with the pipe.
  'Repetition. Repeat. Replay' He spoke like a teacher lecturing a student. He retreated back to the mushroom before taking a long inhale from the device again and blowing out a huge cloud of purple mist into the air above him.
  'If you don't repeat things then you won't learn. You have to repeat to remember things.' He spoke and examined the pipe before pointing it at her again, 'Do you understand? The greatest tailor may be able to knit a suit in a day but he knew he had to repeat before he could craft that sailors outfit for the tailors son.'

Axenia

"Aw don't do that, it really hurts." Casey rubbed her head where the caterpillar had hit her, then nodded slowly. I have to start at the beginning, find what triggered it back then. She nodded to herself she had to start all over, find what had blocked her. The first time she had been angry, but there was no one here to anger her now. She tried to find her way back, looking around all the time.

Villain

Everytime Casey attempted to find her way through the forest she ended up back at the mushroom. The caterpillar watched her for a while. Occasionally puffing on his pipe now and again while his big blue eyes followed the girl as she brushed through blades of grass only to end up back where she started.
  'You know...your repeating your mistake and not learning anything from it' The caterpillar spoke before shuffling towards the edge of the mushroom before slowly lowering himself down in front of her. He let out another cloud of purple mist from his mouth before staring at her a little more closely.
  'Something is on your mind. You look afraid. Confused as well. Perhaps a little happy. Possibly a bit sad.' He spoke before blowing a cloud of purple mist into the air again. This time it twisted and turned and slowly formed into a large demonic face.
  'Oh I see. The flying man. You've met him.' He spoke grimly before letting out a deep sigh and curling into a ball.

Axenia

"Yeah, I've met him. He almost killed me, I couldn't move, couldn't breathe." Just thinking of him made her feel the fear again. She couldn't use fire, she truly believed that he could kill her if she did. Never had she felt that kind of fear before, and she didn't want to again. It was safer not using her powers, if she wasn't abnormal she was safe. And that was the bottom line, she hadn't lost her powers, she was just too scared to use them. She stopped for a moment and looked at her hands. She closed her eyes whispering the mantra. It took a while, but she suddenly felt the warmth return to her hands and body. When she opened her eyes her hands were holding a fireball. She smiled, wanting to show it to the others. She tried following the path again.

Villain

'Hmmm. You glow.' The caterpillar spoke before crawling back up to the mushroom. He curled around his device and raised his pipe to his lips. This time he didn't watch her leave. He wasn't expecting her to return this time.
  'You look hopeful' Cheshire spoke as he appeared before the caterpillar in a burst of blue smoke. He lay on his fat belly before the insect, his eyes wide and colorful as he grinned up at the large bug.
  'You don't.' The caterpillar mumbled with it's mouth full of pipe, 'You saw the flying man, yet you refused to help them.'
  'I couldn't do that. I'm one of the few weapons we have left against the flying man.' The cat replied simply as he flopped onto his back and scratched his chest.
  'He almost killed Alice.' The caterpillar grunted at him.
  'I'm aware, but what good in believing her to be a hero if we won't let her do heroic things?' Cheshire asked. The question seemed to make the caterpillar freeze up for a moment before it coughed a cloud of purple mist.
  'She's not ready to see the sickness yet.' The caterpillar muttered.
  'She'll have to be soon. It's the only reason the big reds are on his side right now.' Cheshire replied before rolling onto his stomach again and stretching out, 'We need her to be ready to find the cure. Whether it be alongside the brain, the portrait, the glow and the child or alone.' He spoke before vanishing in a puff of smoke, leaving the caterpillar to smoke on his pipe.

A few minutes later

'She went out by herself so she'll either be fine, dead or crazy when she returns.' Ms Vander spoke as Casey walked back through the door way. To her the journey would feel like it had only lasted mere seconds, she had just stepped through the mist and found herself outside the doorway, but to them Casey had been gone for an hour or two.
  'Or she could be right there' Alistair spoke as he pointed behind Ms Vander who stood before the doorway. She turned on the spot and stared at the girl in surprise for a moment before poking her in the shoulder.
  'She's definitely there.' Ms Vander called back to them. Alistair was now standing but still had bandages wrapped around his head. Ryan was sat next to Lulu, who seemed to be nursing her arm in a sling. She had a nasty blue bruise on the side of her head, but the way she smiled at Casey made it look like it was just a scratch.
  'Don't you ever do that again!' Ms Vander snapped at Casey and childishly poked her in the shoulder a few times. She looked like she was trying to be authoritative but the paint and mud marks all over her face made her look as threatening as a mouse in a dress.

Axenia

"Would you mind stop poking me, it's really irritating. And even though Mr. Spring see us all as children, we're not. I'm fine aren't I, so just relax I was only gone a minute or so." She pushed past Ms Vander and sat down in a corner by herself. She was tired of people acting like they were incapable of handling themselves. They had slain monsters, and survived standing on a collapsing roof. Perhaps the others needed an overprotecting adult, but she definitely did not. she gave Lulu a small smile, then she looked down at her hands. she didn't wanted to look at Alistair, that would only make her long for the time they spend together in her room. She sighed and starred into the wall. He had wanted her to kiss him, but it was all over before it had truly begun. She let a small figure of fire dance over the palm of her hand.

Villain

'A few minutes? You've been gone for hours!' Ms Vander yelled before running a hand through her braided hair. She let out a heavy sigh before eventually grinning broadly, 'Well your alive and...seem to your powers back. That's a good sign.' She spoke while scratching her head as she tried to figure out just how Casey had managed to do that.
  'Who did you meet? Cheshire? Red Queen? Mad Hatter? Dodo?' Lulu asked eagerly as she shuffled over to Casey's side and smiled at her, 'It's been a while since I've had the chance to come back down here. Is everyone ok? Are they healthy? Do they still talk gibberish?'
  'Lulu I'm sure Casey will be able to give you those answers in a bit but first we should probably ask the more important questions.' Alistair spoke and smiled towards Casey.
  'Like when are Lulu and Casey going to make out again?' Ryan asked, not letting the near death experience ruin his sense of humour.
  'I meant the important questions to ask Ms Vander' Alice growled while his cheeks went red.

Axenia

Casey gave Alistair a small smile, then she turned her attention on Ms Vander. She had never really noticed her around school, only when she had screamed at some kid for not being on time or when the sets of Romeo and Juliet had been destroyed.
   "Since you obviously know so much about us, why haven't you shown your true self to us before? You must have known what we are." She leaned against the wall now wishing she hadn't put on the leather outfit. She pulled down the zipper of the jacket a bit, revealing some of her red and black bra. She leaned her head back and put a hand on her throat, remembering how it felt not being able to breath. She looked at Al again, for the first time she tried to undress him with her eyes.

Villain

'Good question kiddo.' Ms Vander said with a wink, 'I've know you guys have had fictional counter parts ever since you joined the school. I'm sort of a telepath you see. I can see into peoples minds and know what they're thinking' She spoke before waggling her eyebrows at Casey in a cheeky manner as she watched the girl stare longingly at Alistair.
  'Then if you knew why didn't you come to us?' Lulu asked curiously as she watched the woman. She couldn't quite look Ms Vander in the eye, she found the paint spots on her cheek far too interesting. They were so bright and full of life that it set off her day dreams immediately.
  'Why should I? You were doing very well without my help.' She replied with another smile and a wink 'Besides it's not as if I haven't looked out for you. Whenever someone noticed you guys and you're abilities I made sure to track them down and alter their memories before they could do any harm.'
  'Er...well thank you.' Ryan said awkwardly whilst scratching the back of his head. It was clear that he felt more than a little uncomfortable and everyone knew why.
  'You don't need to worry Ryan I'm not mad at you for what you did. Your life and your identity are important. The important thing is that you've made the effort to make up for what you did.' Ms Vander spoke softly causing Ryan to let out a loud sigh of relief.
  'But who are you Ms Vander?' Alistair asked whilst dusting off some dirt that had fallen on the shoulder of his white buttoned shirt. His coat and woolen vest hadn't survive the blast from Mr Spring, so now all he was dressed in was his shirt, pants and shoes, 'Why do you want to help us?'
  'Well, what to answer first.' Ms Vander pondered, placing a finger on her lips as she looked around the room thoughtfully, 'I suppose I'll tell you my true name first.' She spoke before pinching the sides of her dungarees and pretending to courtesy, 'I'm Matilda from Roald Dahl's Matilda'

Axenia

Casey's cheeks flushed when Ms Vander told her she could read  peoples minds, and quickly looked away from Alistair. But it wasn't for long, her eyes kept following him around. Why did she have to fall for a guy like that, why couldn't she have fallen for that guy James, Johnny, Jonathan, whatever his name was. Casey forced herself to look away from Alistair, studying Ms Vander.
   "Have you ever been in contact with Mr. Spring, has he ever tried to make you follow him. Considering your ability, you would be a great asset to him." Again she remembered his eyes, the way he had talked and acted. Charming but with the hint of something very dangerous and evil underneath the surface. She was glad she had met Alistair and Lulu first, otherwise he would have been able to make her follow him. But she was of no use to him, her ability was fire, one of the things he mastered himself.
   She got up and walked over to Alistair, helping him dust himself of. Her eyes met his, she gently took his hand and laid it on the leather that covered her stomach, making sure the others couldn't see it. she leaned in against him.
   "Do you still want me to kiss you Al?" She whispered it, knowing that Ms Vander probably knew what she had just asked him, and knowing what his answer would be before she did.

Villain

'Er...I...' Alistair mumbled and went bright red again as she whispered the question into his ear. Ryan, Lulu and Ms Vander were all staring at the two of them. It hadn't exactly been a very subtle thing to do, 'H-how about we leave that for later?'
  'That's a yes. Whatever you asked him the answers a yes.' Ryan spoke bluntly before turning back to Ms Vander as she answered Casey's questions.
  'Yes I have been in contact with Mr Spring. He's one of my oldest enemies.' Ms Vander frowned and let out a sigh as she thought back to all the battles she had had with the monster, 'Me and my friends tried bringing him down years ago. It sort of worked, but he appears to be back.'
  'You and your friends? You had help?' Lulu asked excitedly, 'Who were they? What were their true names? Did you have anyone from my world on your side?'
  'You kids really need to wait for me to answer the first questions you ask me.' Ms Vander laughed warmly before smiling at Lulu, 'I'm afraid I didn't have the pleasure of fighting alongside anyone from wonderland, but I did get to go to a few other places, my favourite was that big open world with the wardrobe. I've longed to see that old lion again.'
  'Oh my goodness she's met Aslan!' Lulu squealed and stared up at Ms Vander with such awe and admiration it was like watching a kid meet Santa for the first time.
  'Mr Spring tried recruiting me a long time ago when I went to Woodmore like you kids. Back then I only knew how to move small objects with my mind, but he still saw the potential in me and tried to recruit me' She explained whilst sitting on the floor cross legged, her legs had gotten tired from all the standing, 'Luckily for me I had some friends that had invited me to a little book club in a library that no one used.'
  'There was a book club like ours?' Alistair asked with a hint of amusement in his voice.
  'Oh yes Alistair. In fact I think that library has been used as a base of operations for lots of kids who are like us. I think there may be some magic cast on that place that brings us all together' Ms Vander spoke before letting out a sigh as she thought back to the good old days, 'I remember when I first walked in there and met my friends; Peter, Alan, Lyra, Dodger and Irene. They were such a lovely people.'
  'Were?' Ryan asked and instantly regretted his decision as Ms Vander went very quiet. She sat in silence for a moment whilst staring at the dirty brown floor with a sad expression on her face.
  Lulu glared at Ryan, who frowned apologetically back at her before clearing his throat, 'Er...Ms Vander I've got a question.'
  'Yes?' Ms Vander asked, trying to sound cheerful as she looked up from the floor.
  'How come you can read minds? I thought Matilda could only move things with her mind?' Ryan asked. He remembered the story of Matilda well for his mother had read it to him as a kid. He certainly hoped that they would never meet the villain of that book. She would be just as terrifying as Mr Spring.
  'Ah!' Ms Vander spoke with renewed excitement and grinned broadly at them, 'That is a good question!'

Axenia

Casey liked making Alistair nervous, it was the only way she could think of that would show if he really were interested in her still. She knew that he sometimes stared at her chest, that was why she gently let them press against him while she whispered in his ear.
   I'll let you off the hook for now, but I want you to remember something. You saw me in just my bra and pants, that means that I get to see you without a shirt as well. I can't promise that I'll be nice, but I can promise that I'm going to enjoy it." She bit his ear, letting her tongue just touch it before she stepped away from him. She really wasn't being nice to him. But he was so cute when he didn't knew what to say or how to react. he was always so confident in himself and his ability to predict how people would react to a certain thing. She playfully let a finger run down his shirt before walking back to the others. She had only just turned her back on him when she smiled.
   It was exiting to hear that they weren't the only ones to have used the library. But as Ms Vander continued to talk she realised that this was not going to be easy, and it was possible that not all of them would make it. The last thought made her smile fade for a while. She knew it was a bad time to distract Alistair, but if either she or him didn't make it, she wanted to have seen the real Alistair and not Sherlock Holmes. Been able to have felt that he not always did as the great detective would have done.
   When Ryan asked his question her attention immediately went to Ms Vander. If she had been able to develop her abilities to more than her character, then maybe the same thing would be able for them. She jumped a little when something moved in her boot, then she remembered putting her phone there before she had left home. Surprised that it still worked and that you could get a signal in wonderland she opened the boot and took out her phone. She immediately noticed the text icon, bet the number wasn't one she recognized.

Nice show there Sparky, I was impressed.
Meet me tonight by the football field, we need to talk.
And don't bring any of your friends.

She read the text a couple of times before putting her phone away again. She had no idea who had written her, allthough the nickname sounded familiar. Once Ms Vander had finish speaking Casey looked around at the others.
   "I really want to get back, Lulu do you mind showing me how to leave wonderland?"

Villain

Ryan smirked to himself as he noticed Alistair burn bright red from out the corner of his eye. He chuckled before turning Ms Vander who shared a grin with him at Alistairs embarrassment.
  'So anyway...' She continued with a chuckle, '...it's true. When I was a kid all I could do was move objects with my mind like Matilda could in the book and logically that should be the only thing I can do, but does anyone remember the ending of Matilda?'
  'Didn't it go something along the lines of; they lived happily ever after and she never had to use her power again?' Lulu asked, her eyes still wide with wonder as she watched the woman smile.
  'Correct, the book says she didn't use it again, but she was just a kid with a happy ending. The truth is that any of us are able to work on our abilities and unlock new potential even if it wasn't written in the original story. After all; who is to say that she wouldn't have found out how to read minds if the book had gone on to tell a story about her adult years?'
  'So...I could become more immortal?' Ryan asked with a sceptical frown.
  'Maybe.' She replied with a smile, 'Just remember that your powers aren't just one function, they're flexible abilities which can be used to fit many different scenarios. Experiment with them! It may save your life.'
  She grinned broadly at them before watching Casey curiously as she walked over to Lulu and asked her for a way out. She was concerned about the girl, the whole time she had been off in her own little world and getting into all sorts of problems. It was as if she was more concerned about problems elsewhere.
  Lulu was still staring at Ms Vander as Casey spoke to her. Her blue eyes were practically sparkling with joy as she gazed at the messily dressed woman.
  'Sure you just tap your shoes together three times and say; theres no place like home.' She said in a dreamy voice before Alistair snapped his fingers.
  'Lulu!' He scolded playfully.
  'Oh all right follow me' She said before getting to her feet and dusting off her patch covered dress with her good hand. Since the explosion many of the patches sewn onto it had come off and there were burn marks all over the hem of her skin. Her boots also looked rather melted from the heat of the fire, but she still plodded around in them without a care in the world.
  She took Casey's hand and dragged her to the back of room and stood next to the nearest dirt wall, 'Ok, now breathe in deep.' She spoke before jumping up and down on the spot a few times before leaping as high as she could into the air.
  Casey would feel her feet leave the floor and then a sudden weightless sensation as they plummeted into the darkness above their heads.
  They tumbled through the darkness for a while, until eventually they landed on solid grass covered ground. Lulu let out a groan as she sat up on the floor and looked around. They were sat a good distance away from the wreckage of the burnt out building where they had had their confrontation with Mr Spring. The fires appeared to still be going and there were fire engines and police cars surrounding the inferno. She had to wonder if the police would start suspecting it to be the work of a serial arsonist seeing as this had now been the third of several incidents where large buildings and structures had been torched to the ground due to them.
  'Hows the head? Going back up the rabbit is a lot more rough than going down.' Lulu mumbled and stretched out for a moment to regain the feel of her limbs.

Axenia

Casey were holding her head for a moment, it hurt like hell and her body was aching. Still, she had no time to rest, she wanted to meet the stranger that had send her the text. She got to her feet and gave Lulu a big hug.
   "Thanks, I have to go, you can return to the others if you want. I'll see you all later allright?" But she didn't wait for an answer, instead she started running towards the school. She had never cared for physical activity, a thing she regretted now. While running she also wondered if she should take up martial arts, the way things were going it sure could come of use.

When she got to the football field it was pitch black, she lit a fire to guide her. She wasn't scared, Mr. Spring had promised nothing of his doing would happen tonight. But she was careful, knowing that Mr. Spring and Moriarty wasn't the only ones who were out to get them.
   "I see that you did what I asked, you know, that wasn't a smart move. I could be an evil bastard, killing you on the spot." She turned around when she heard an unknown voice behind her. But there was only darkness. This was kind of creepy, she used both of her hands to light up as much of the field around her as she could. Suddenly someone grabbed her wrists and locked her arms on her back. Something cold and hard locking around her wrists As a reaction she let the fire cover her entire body.
   "Calm down Sparky, don't you think that I was ready for that? I'll let you go in a minute, but you have to promise me that you at least let me speak before incinerating me. The man who had been holding her let go, but the metal around her wrists were still there. She turned around to look at the man who had asked her to come, and then attacked her like that. She couldn't see his face right away, he was wearing a fireresistant suit.
   "You know, it's not very nice to look at a man who's undressing himself, luckily for you, I'm neither shy nor naked underneath this." He took of the suit and studied her, letting it fall to the ground. He stepped closer to her, but it wasn't in a threatening mannor, more like he was drawn by curiosity.
   "Who are you, why did you ask me to come here." She tried to get her hands free, but her bindings wouldn't budge.
   "I think I'll start with your last question. I asked you to come here because I believe you to be Elizabeth Sherman. Not please correct me if I am mistaken, but when I saw you earlier today I stared following you, I was drawn to you because of one thing. We come from the same place. Which leads me back to your first question, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Colin Fray, but my real name is Sidney Leach. As you may have noticed my ability allows me to detect and manipulate metal. Now I'm going to let you go now, don't try to burn me, unlike you I'm not alone here tonight." The man looked like he was in his twenties, halflong dark hair pulled back in a ponytail, dark blue eyes and a long faced. He was dressed like a hippie, which made her smile a bit.

Villain

A figure lurked in the shadow of the football field stands. It watched them with interest but remained wary. It knew that if these were the people it had been warned about then it couldn't afford to risk being found.
  It began to slowly crawl behind the seats, trying to make as little noise as possible to try and avoid being spotted by the two figures.