News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

BESM

Started by Bloody Rose, June 11, 2010, 02:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

Wondering if people would be interested in a BESM rp. I am looking for players or a Rp, just recently discovered this book and fell in love with it. So I am looking for people interested in playing a campaign. Since the system is easy I might be able to even throw a good adventure of it. I just want to know to be sure that people are interested and I can start working on the rp.

Muse

I would enjoy the idea. 

Will you be using the theme of the muliverse and keys?  OR just one world? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

fallensaviour

Bloody Rose

maybe multiverse

and 3.0 fallen

Machete

fallensaviour

Muse

And the short summary from my favorite precursor to Encyclopedia Galactica.  :) 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Eyes,_Small_Mouth
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

fallensaviour

Quote from: Muse on June 11, 2010, 12:45:41 PM
And the short summary from my favorite precursor to Encyclopedia Galactica.  :) 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Eyes,_Small_Mouth

pretty sure i posted that with a good 35 min on ya ;)

ReijiTabibito

Do we have an idea for a campaign theme or setting?

Bloody Rose

I have a few ideas in mind, one of them is a mixture of our world with fantasy worlds. Another is a plot based on a group of people banding together for a common goal (not sure yet). (Seem people are interested I guess I will work on it tonight)

DigitLninja

My friends and I played this in college, been trying to get them to join so we can continue so I would be glad to jump in the game.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Bloody Rose

I will work on it tonight

Bloody Rose

Ironwolf85

what kind of game are we talking here. never heard of BESM
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Bloody Rose

is a anime based game using d6 system.

Saikotsu

I would most definitely be interested in this rp, though my time constraints would be a bit difficult.  Generally, I work night shifts, so I'm usually helping my parents around the house between 8 a.m. and noon, and then I head to work and get home at 11 p.m. I'd usually be posting between 11 p.m. and midnight, so if that doesn't interfere with your plans, I'd gladly join up.

For those of you unfamiliar with besm, it is similar to dungeons and dragons, but is based more off of anime.  Basically, you build a character, and that character goes on adventures with other characters fighting off monsters and the like. Zarazel would most likely be the GM, meaning that they would be the person who decides what happens in the adventure and what the party encounters. We get to  decide how our characters react to a situation, and the gm can guide the game based off of that, or tell us what we can or can't do in a particular situation, (such as a character who is usually able to fly not being able to fly in a certain area because of some magical spell placed on the area or something.)

As a former gm myself, I'd be willing to answer any questions you guys may have, though the final call will be up to Zarazel, since they're the gm. 

I should note however that I'm more familiar with D20 Besm, so there may be some differences.
if you think my schedule will conflict too much with playing the game, just let me know, otherwise I'll join up.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

Bloody Rose

Glad to have you on board. So you guys know there are a lot of dfference between d20 and third edition. Third edition is based on d6 system and everything is different and more simpler in my opinion. Here are some examples I seen some peeps already do.

On d20 you can split the points given throught the stats.
On 3rd you will use the 350 points to ALL the CC.
Stats max number is 8.
Character points on stats are like this ( 10 character point= 1 point on a stat. So if you spend 80 the stat will go to 8 (max))
I know the numbers are small but the system is designed that way.
Remember, the 350 points will be to all the CC including skills and any special things you wanna do, so my suggestion is think about that and try to spread the points evenly so you have a balanced char.

fallensaviour

BESM has always been d6 not just 3rd edition ;) also as dm depending on how powerful you want characters you can totally alter that point total

Bloody Rose

Yep I don't know much bout d20 though

Nikoleis

Ah, BESM... the system I always wanted to test! Are you still looking for more players?
From what I saw, D20 lost all the flexibility the tristat version allows, because of the classes constraints. You have to follow archetypes ("based on classes") instead of using the "based on effect" style originally intended.
+,- & ^_^
The team:
Orpheus: World police: Shayan

Zebu

I'm definitely going to be making a character for this.  I've only just picked up the books, but I've played HERO before so I'm used to reasoning from effect.  This is going to be seven kinds of fun.
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

fallensaviour

oh right..you ment besm d20...and d20 in genearal works for architypes

Bloody Rose

Yea I meand besm d20

Ironwolf85

ooooh anime goodness.
why not.
my character will depend on the setting
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Saikotsu

I'll admit that my familiarity is with D20, though I've played tri-stat as well. However, the tri-stat games I played seemed very similar to D20, so I'm guessing my GM was using a hybrid style.  I'd argue that there's still plenty of flexibility in D20, but that's a discussion for another time. Perhaps I'll send you my thoughts on it within a pm, Nikoleis, after I get up tomorrow.

By the 350 total, does that mean we start out with all possible points, with no more added at level up?

In other words, are Advancement points the same as Character Points in D20?  Or are the advancement points solely for Body/Mind/Soul? 
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.