What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spell

Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

It fucking sucks, it disappointed me on every front, and the online is just simply terrible.
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Cheka Man

Medieval II-Total War-for those who can play it I'm sure it's wonderful, but I have no idea how to.

Wyrd

Quote from: Spell on February 18, 2011, 01:16:02 PM
Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

It fucking sucks, it disappointed me on every front, and the online is just simply terrible.
Is that even out yet?
Ragtime Dandies!

CmdrRenegade

Portal is probably one I won't play again.  I've been through the game and genuinely enjoyed it.  But to listen to critics and fans gush on and on and on about it got annoying.  When I kept seeing it over 9 months after the fact, I said 'Enough's enough.  It was very good but no game will ever merit this."
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on February 17, 2011, 08:27:22 PM
Welcome to every first person shooter ever :P I'd actually say the Half Life series does more different in one shooter series then most other series do in a year, simply because of the range of situations, and lets face it, adding a fun level with a cool gameplay twist is a lot easier then totally reinventing shooter mechanics with each new release :P

Yeah, they repeat shit like the see-saw puzzle and the slow elevator, but name for me 3 other first person shooters with the same level variety. How many other games do you have to fight your way through packs of ground enemies to get a bomb on a slowly moving siege machine, when its a massive open area with multiple siege machines and multiple pathways, and the enemies are programmed to destroy your bombs, and you also have a vehicle for transport and any buildings you could hide in are completely destructible.

Or what about sneaking through war torn junkyards to get behind a set of suppressing turrets? Or helping humans fight off increasingly tough waves of bugs with placeable turrets and mines? Or battling through a hospital that is already engaged in a 2 sided war? Only Halo does that last one :P

Sorry if I seem confrontational, I just can't stand people insulting Half Life for silly reasons like "It's the same as other shooters". Its not. Anyone whose listened to the dev commentary knows its not.
I don't say Half-Life sucks, I say that Valve needs to do something other than FPSs because despite the variety it has lost its innovative edge in that genre. Hell Crysis is just as variant when you actually get down to brass tacks. Bulletstorm kind of looks promising on that whole variant thing too. I'm just saying Valve should try something new. Maybe just a new genre. Do a fantasy FPS or something. I dunno'.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Tagnizkur

The game I will never play again sits on my shelf mocking me.  I look at it and plan its death but.. I fear it has become sentient.  So I will whisper the game I will never play again. 

Superman Returns for the XBOX 360.  Shhh...

Inkidu

Quote from: Tagnizkur on February 19, 2011, 12:55:58 AM
The game I will never play again sits on my shelf mocking me.  I look at it and plan its death but.. I fear it has become sentient.  So I will whisper the game I will never play again. 

Gamestop, man.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oniya

I'm glad someone else caught that connection, too.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on February 19, 2011, 02:18:53 PM
Is it as bad as Superman 64? :o
I don't think that's physically possible.

Tagnizkur

Quote from: Inkidu on February 19, 2011, 12:16:16 PM
Gamestop, man.

No the last time i brought it in they ridiculed me and through confetti of shredded version of that game at me all the while saying.. Susan is a sally.  I didn't get that part.. but you know.. Thats what happened.    Dont they understand it was hard enough admitting I had it..  It was almost as hard as going to the doc and admitting you like too......  Wait.. Im not going to finish that.. I see what you are all trying to do to me.. well it wont work!

Bayushi

Quote from: Tagnizkur on February 19, 2011, 12:55:58 AM

omg, you made me remember fun, albeit frustrating, times as a kid playing Superman on the Atari 2600.

Inkidu

I wonder if Superman will ever has his Arkham moment.

Shjade

I'm betting not at this point. But at least he got his World of Cardboard moment, and that's not half bad.
◕/◕'s

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on February 22, 2011, 03:54:50 PM
I wonder if Superman will ever has his Arkham moment.

Is Superman even interesting enough as a character? I mean, I've never been much of a comic fan, basically limiting myself to Batman and Alan Moore, so I may be missing something, but Superman just seems terribly ... flat and dull. I mean, not completely flat, but he seems to lack any sort of tragedy and ... real weakness.

Oniya

They tried giving him some tragedy (last survivor of a doomed planet), and some weakness (although the amount of Kryptonite that ended up on Earth would make Krypton larger than Jupiter).  Batman is just someone that more people can identify with; he doesn't have super strength, super speed, or anything like that.  He makes do with wits and what he can bring with him.  Okay, he's rich, and can afford the really kick-ass car/boat/jet/helicopter/gadget-of-the-week, but he's just this guy, ya know?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Dream Machine

I'll never play Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn again; not that it was a bad game, quite the contrary.  It's one of my all time favorites, falling in right below Zelda and Xenogears.  It's just that it was so damn long, and I don't have the time to sink into it like I used to anymore.  It's really a shame, because I always wanted to try a solo run through, but now I can't bring myself to commit to it.

Tagnizkur

Quote from: Oniya on February 23, 2011, 09:41:52 AM
They tried giving him some tragedy (last survivor of a doomed planet), and some weakness (although the amount of Kryptonite that ended up on Earth would make Krypton larger than Jupiter).  Batman is just someone that more people can identify with; he doesn't have super strength, super speed, or anything like that.  He makes do with wits and what he can bring with him.  Okay, he's rich, and can afford the really kick-ass car/boat/jet/helicopter/gadget-of-the-week, but he's just this guy, ya know?

Thats why I say Frank castle is the most human of the characters out there.   He loses it all, gets no justice, snaps, and makes the justice that he should have been given.  He wasnt rich, didnt need gadgets, just the human drive to get it done. 

Fleetingsanity

I'm going to have to say wow I played it once and found it boring so I have no intentions of playing it again.

Shjade

Actually I suppose I should add WoW to my own list now. Dumped 13k gold and a whole bunch of gems, herbs, minerals and other materials in my old raiding guild's bank, cleared pretty much everything out that was worth clearing, and I'm done with it. It was a good run, but...it ended badly. :|
◕/◕'s

ZK

Quote from: Tagnizkur on February 19, 2011, 10:00:44 PM
No the last time i brought it in they ridiculed me and through confetti of shredded version of that game at me all the while saying.. Susan is a sally.  I didn't get that part.. but you know.. Thats what happened.    Dont they understand it was hard enough admitting I had it..  It was almost as hard as going to the doc and admitting you like too......  Wait.. Im not going to finish that.. I see what you are all trying to do to me.. well it wont work!

Ah, so you were the one we did that too. *is a GameStop Employee*

^-^

Halo (past 1)

Call of Duty (Battlefield is for me)

Last Rebellion

Pokemon (I prefer the SMT formula)

Alone in the Dark

Dynasty Warriors and generally anything done by Koei
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

klamity

Two Worlds: Just an all round bad game in general I thought. The plot was extremely predictable, and the item system kind sucked. I mean, you could grind through enemies for an hour, collect 100+ of an item and make a super charged version more powerful than anything in the game that far in.

Fable (All): I have yet to play Fable 3 but from my prior experiences I can gather the following
Play Fable -> good game
Beat Fable -> wtf did I just play?
Play Fable 2 -> Good game
Beat Fable 2 -> damn it they got me again!

Perfect Dark Zero: This game made me hurt on the inside. I loved the first one, was one of my first N64 games and my first shooter (I didn't like 007 ok). The story was completely turned around and the 'end boss' was terrible.

Diablo 2: I congratulate Blizzard for making a great game in its own right, I simply just don't like it. That and my mouse does have a limit to how many times I can click the bloody thing before it shatters.

vampyress

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier ..... a horrible disgrace to the previous three games (not counting Jak X, as I haven't played it), which are among the best games I've ever played. A total waste of money, that was.

Lyell

I wasn't very interested in Superman until DCUO. Taking him as your mentor means you get to save his ass from the fate depicted in the trailer, Lex killing him. They also try to humanize him a bit, giving him other weaknesses, sort of. Heroes actually have to save Smallville and the Kent farm from a LL experiment with Doomsday DNA and excobyte tech, notably without the ILA since only excobyte exposed people are immune to the effects.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.