A Western Story! - Long Term [ M/F, UN ]

Started by Hemingway, March 21, 2012, 05:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

I have an idea for a game that would be something of an experiment. What I'm looking for is a Western story, a traditional one, but with a structure that's different from the types of games I normally do.

My idea was partly inspired by the Bruce Springsteen song Outlaw Pete, which basically tells the story of – who else – Outlaw Pete, through the years of his life, how he lives as an outlaw, settles down with a Navajo girl, and is eventually found by a bounty hunter. This made me want to do a game spanning many years of the characters' lives, fast-forwarding from one significant event to the next.

In that sense, it would also be somewhat similar to the Into the West miniseries from a few years ( 7!? ) back, and follows the story of one family, and how the west slowly becomes more tame – though still exceptionally violent.

I'm leaving the characters and their interactions and relationships open, though my character will definitely be a frontiersman of some sort, and I'm leaning somewhat toward his female counterpart being a native – but I'm open to other suggestions, too.

If this sounds interesting, let me know!