"cannot post external links" thoroughly confused here, please help!

Started by WinterPoet, October 23, 2020, 10:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinterPoet

All right, so I've got my first story going and all, figured out how to embed images into a post and what not. That worked just fine.

The issue came when I tried to link an image to a word using the url coding and what not. My partner did it without issue using imgur and all, and despite her explaining to me the code and me quoting her post and copying the code and just replacing the wording and link with my own, it still claims "you are not allowed to post external links". And it's only when linking it to a word, as I said I embedded an image into the post perfectly fine, no issue there.

I even tried uploading said image to the elliquiy wiki and then copying the image link from there and doing that, and it still gave me the exact same error.

So what the heck am I missing here? I've scoured the tutorials and rules and cannot figure this out or why it's happening.

Chasing Dreams

Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

WinterPoet

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=326430.0

I've only done the one reply and all myself so far. I'm trying to link an image of a sword to the word zanpakuto near the start of the post.

Specifically that image (which seems to let me embed it just fine, hilariously enough)

Chasing Dreams

Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Chasing Dreams

So it works. I edited it for you and it's working now.

What was the coding that you were using?
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

WinterPoet

Quote from: Chasing Dreams on October 23, 2020, 11:02:55 AM
So it works. I edited it for you and it's working now.

What was the coding that you were using?

The same coding that's there right now, the [u r l] [/u r l] one. Just kept bringing up the error message constantly regardless of using imgur link or the E wiki link for the photo.

Chasing Dreams

Can you try to link another word with an image?  I'd like to see exactly what you are doing to get an idea of why you are getting that error message.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

WinterPoet

S

And of course, now it seems to work with zero issue.

sword

Even using the imgur link that didn't want to work before, it's now working...

Thank you for your assistance either way, I'm not sure what the heck was happening but I'm going to chock it up to my computer somehow being dumb because that's about the only explanation I can conceive now, haha.

Chasing Dreams

No problem. Computers can be finicky things from time to time. I'm glad it's working for you now.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 

Kye

For future reference, it's working now because you have over ten posts on the forum.  Until you hit ten posts the site won't let you do it.  ;D

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Kye on October 23, 2020, 12:42:09 PM
For future reference, it's working now because you have over ten posts on the forum.  Until you hit ten posts the site won't let you do it.  ;D

I've been here since 2009 and didn't know that!

WinterPoet

Quote from: Kye on October 23, 2020, 12:42:09 PM

And I was blaming my computer this whole time :P

Vekseid