How about Shadowrun?

Started by Lord of Shadows, May 17, 2005, 06:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

We can recomend it all we like. Its whether we act on it or not that determines legality.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Amberghylles

Ok, we've obviously got interest.  ;D  And it seems like a mix of game experience.  Not that I think lack of rules knowledge will be a problem.  My experiences in online games show that the focus needs to be on the story anyway.  I can work numbers for you if you're not familiar with the system.

Now, I like to empasize the darker aspects of the SR future.  It's a cruel world for the SINless in my game.  So with violence, drug use, and quite possibly non-consentual sex, I believe this will be a heavy game.  Heck, my last tabletop game wandered into areas that wouldn't be allowed on this site at all...

So at this point, we just need a name... Any suggestions?

Brandon

Considering the content were thinking of how about "Shadowrun: Rough and ready"?

By the way a lot of the sites Im looking at say the SR books are out of print and I utterly hate Ebay. Any good place I could look for them?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Amberghylles

Not really, I bought mine when they were new and haven't looked recently.  Check gaming store online sites maybe?

I do like the name suggestion.  After all the right name sets the tone I think.

Hunter

Quote from: guardianangel98 on May 19, 2005, 12:54:25 AM
Considering the content were thinking of how about "Shadowrun: Rough and ready"?

By the way a lot of the sites Im looking at say the SR books are out of print and I utterly hate Ebay. Any good place I could look for them?

Try here.  http://www.nobleknight.com/default.asp

Lord of Shadows

Which edition is going to be used? 2nd or 3rd?

Lyria

I will try and locate my book, but if I can't can I just submit a detailed concept and background and have you make it for me oh wise and wonderful GM?
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Hunter

I would hope third.  Otherwise, I'll have to dig out my second edition stuff.   ;)

Amberghylles

Core 3rd and 3rd magic definately.

Don't have the 3rd ed Cyber/bio book, so that will be 2nd ed from the various books.

VR 2.0 and 2nd Rigger book

For those without books, I'd be happy to convert detailed stats into a character for you.  I plan to work with players on their character backgrounds, since I want some actual background tie ins between characters and I have a bit of my own history.

Hunter

I've got roughly everything for third up to SOTA 2063.  Ah, the toys.   ;D

Lord of Shadows

What year? Good to know when to look at availible cyberware.

Hunter

Yeah, that does kinda matter.  Bioware is fun.   :D

Amberghylles

The latest thing I've got is SOTA 2064.  But I don't have the 3rd edition bioware (except what's in the main book)  However, I think I can get one. 

Which would put us in 2064, maybe 65 just cause.

Hunter

Most of the genetech already existed before the given date.  Most of it was in Fields of Fire, I think.

Lord of Shadows

Sounds fine by me... Will start to try to figure out the background. Standard generation from 3rd ed rulebook I guess?

Amberghylles

Shadowtech is where the biotech in Fields of Fire comes from. 

I was thinking of using the point system from the 3rd Companion, or the 3rd ed main book priorites system.  Priority characters can have edges and flaws if they total out.

Hunter

*ponders then nods*   8)

Any chance of a larger group than three?  *does some evil plotting*

Lord of Shadows

It looks like we are going to have a larger groud then that if you view the number of users who have addressed their interest.

Soul

Speaking of interest - I'd love to join in as well. I'd prefer playing a magic user of some sort, either Shaman (Wolf or Dog ;-)) or Hermetic Mage / Aspect Mage of some sort.

However posting times are somewhat limited to once every 24 hours as an average.

Amberghylles

We have a board.  *cues applasue sign*

I'll start setting up tonight/tomorrow morning (sleep will overcome me eventually)

My plan is to go with Seattle, year 2065, a fairly standard game so your typical professional criminal types.  PM me with inital character ideas.  I'm more interested in who your character is than the stats at this point.   And vague ideas are fine.  I plan to try and make small adjustment to give people some background overlap with at least one other character to give your characters a little more than the usual bond.

Lord of Shadows

Mecanic/Ex Mercenary/Rigger/Sniper here... so now you know as much as I :)

Hunter

Elven Combat Mage/Ex Ganger here.   :P

JustyW

Question:  Are there any major differences between 2nd and 3rd, as far as character creation?  I have one book from 2nd ed.  If there are no major diffs, I will use it to help me come up with a good character concept.

justy

Hunter

Major differences?  Aside from the combat skills getting broken apart, there really isn't much of one.

JustyW

:-*
Thank you!  I will dust the book off and start making her :).

justy