Evangelion 1.0.1: Flagellum dei

Started by akirakaneda, October 16, 2016, 09:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akirakaneda

So God created man in his own image [but ... the man is sinner].

The year 2000, was foretold to bring the end of the World, a massive a cataclysm of biblical proportions hit the Antarctica and although it changed the World weather it's true nature remained a top secret. The mankind survived only to find that it was the beginning of the end.

Fifteen years after, the second chapter began...

Hello, hello,hola.

Sorry for the cheezy introduction. Well the title says everything, it's Evangelion  the classic anime which reinvented the mecha genre, but it's not only a mecha, it was one of the best psychological animes ever made. Of course, it has action, slice of life, girls, and fanservice as well.

How it will work this RP, well I have to say:
First, I'm looking for a GM and players
Second, that I'd prefer it to keep it freeform, although that would certainly depend on the players and GM
Third, although the universe should be similar to the anime, probably it would be more like AU RP than following the canon serie.
Foruth, there is a lot of issues to brainstorm and Evangelion is one the animes with more elaborated plot, which may make it sometimes difficult to roleplay properly (in my experience at least) but let's give it a try.

BTW, I encourage to join this if you have some previous knowledge of Evangelion, but if you don't then : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion

wander

I'd be interested if this was an Adeptus Evangelion game, rather than freeform...

Although! I do have some game notes saved in PM of an AU setting that drifts from the original anime late in the game to avoid the Instrumentality and allows for 16+ year old pilots (to keep in line with the site rules), it'd depend how far ahead from the series the GM would want to set the game (I'd be up for posting my thoughts of setting here, though not to the GM the game). Essentially it borrows a fair bit from the Evangelion -ANIMA- light novel series, though has it's differences.

I can post some more info up here on my notes if more interest comes forth.