Gif Avi's hate me

Started by DemonessOfDeathValley, December 08, 2014, 02:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DemonessOfDeathValley

This is the second time since coming to E that I've tried to load a moving Gif avatar. And I can't do it. Can someone please help me? I would so dearly love to have it.

This is the link. http://25.media.tumblr.com/55944f7c2b4760855ed837ba8e870c85/tumblr_mvaqzcNgqS1rwzrdfo1_400.gif to the picture.

Many thanks to anyone that helps me.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Ariel

Try it now?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Blythe

Hi! It looks like the GIF needed cropped/resized. To prevent any further complications, I also uploaded a cropped/resized version on the Elluiki for you! Let me know if this will work:

Edit: *laughs* Ninja'd by Ariel! Great minds think alike! <3

DemonessOfDeathValley

I was able to crop it with my paint thingy on my computer. But he stops moving. How do I find the picture on Elluiki?

Ariel

You can't crop gifs on Paint. :-) you need to use a site that allows you to edit, resize, or crop gifs. I used this one to crop and resize your gif.

Save one of the images and upload it to your profile. It should work! If not, let us know. :-)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Oniya

You could right-click on the one that Blythe or Ariel put up and hit 'Save Image As', and put it on your desktop, or you could choose 'Copy Image Location'.  In the first instance, you can then upload it from the file you saved, and in the second instance, change the selector next to the avatar in your Edit Profile screen to 'Specify avatar by URL' and then paste in the url.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

DemonessOfDeathValley

Thank you to everyone. I finally got the avatar loaded.   ;D

What did I do wrong? He's not moving.

Oniya

*tilts head*  The proportions are different, too.  Did you use the 'from URL' method or the click-save method?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

consortium11

The image appears to have uploaded as a PNG (a static file) rather than a GIF. Double check that you used a GIF as the original source (be it by URL on the wiki or upload) and perhaps have another go?

DemonessOfDeathValley

I did use png. When I uploaded it, I clicked on the image and hit 'save as'.

Do I click on it again and use gif instead of png?

Beguile's Mistress

Yep.  You should check for a drop-down menu for the Save As.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Look, look, look! He's moving! I did it. I finally did it. Thank you all so much for your help.  ;D

Beguile's Mistress