Firefly 'Serenity' RP

Started by ChainsawAdams, May 01, 2013, 08:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChainsawAdams

Serenity RPG

I'm opening this thread just to see if anyone would be interested in being in a 'Firefly' / 'Serenity' type RPG.  if this thread gets enough attention then I'll make one if not, no harm no fowl.

Here is some background

The year is 2517 the world as we know it is gone.  Rotted away by polution it is now dorment and unlivable.  Humans did survive however.  They moved out into the far regions of space soon finding a collection of three new solar systems.  Using a process called Terraforming, the scientific minds of human kind manipulate the planets by adjusting air, gravity and water so that it is as close to the Earth that was as possible.

In 2475, they had managed to Terraform all of the planets that were capable of conversion.  With the platform for a new society set, humanity once again thrived.  As China and America were the superpowers back on Earth that was, they have the greatest influence in these neew worlds and the new culture is a mesh between the two.

The highly populated 'core worlds' had the most up to date technology as well as luxuries as one could have.  Tall white buildings, top notch medical facilities and fresh food.  The outer planets were not as lucky.  These planets were not as well developed as the core planets taking on a dusty western quality.  As if inspired, these small colonies grew to resemble the towns of the old west.  The civilians turning into cowboys with six shooters and lazer pistols.

War soon broke out.  The outer planets were struggling for the powere held by the core planets.  The coreplanets oranization known as 'The Alliance' fought 'The resistence'  With the latest in weaponry and technology.  While the resistance members out of the border worlds had greater numbers and brighter spirits they were crushed and the reign of The Alliance soon followed.

The world under the Alliance rule is a strict one of ID badges, red tape and paper work.  To them, unless you lived on the border planets you wern't more than a bug.  A plauge on there perfect society.

Some Resistance members still coast along the ridges of space.  A new crew has now been seen going from boarder world to the dark moons in search of jobs and coin.  They bounty-hunt...they smuggle, they transport cargo...and more.  They are a rag-tag group of border-world survivors just trying to dodge the reign of the alliance and just keep flying.  That crew is you

THE SHIP

call your rooms
ive got #3

DANGERS IN THE 'VERSE

REAVERS:  Men gone mad on the edge of space.  Reavers are savage, brutal and primal. Their contact with other humans appears limited to combat, rape, torture, murder, and cannibalism, and no dialogue has ever been shown; yet they are never shown in conflict with each other. They are still able to cooperate and act purposefully enough to use spaceships and set highly technological traps, suggesting that they have retained some level of higher intelligence.

Reavers are known to raid ships and colonies to rape, cannibalize, skin and kill anyone they find. They growl and snarl like beasts, and their methods are considered so horrifying that, when faced with capture, victims have been known to attempt suicide. Mercy killings of those who fall into the hands of Reavers are considered humane. Reavers do occasionally leave intentional survivors of their raids, but they drive these survivors mad through forcing them to watch the torture of other Reaver victims, effectively turning the survivors into second-generation Reavers. Reavers also severely mutilate themselves by cutting themselves, peeling off their skin, or pushing shards of metal into their flesh.  Reavers travel in macabre ships stained with blood and decorated with corpses chained to the hulls. They appear to live their whole lives in space, only touching down on a planet or moon to carry out a raid.

BLUE SUN:  While many know Blue Sun simply as the best medical facilities you can find in the verse.  While this is true they have their hands working behind the shadows.  They have made their lives work 'making people better'.  Their works are not entirely known but their reach goes beyond the outer planets.  Sources say that they had prodjects dealing with Manipulating the human body to become both a lethal weapon both in body and mind.  They also have great sway when iot comes to important changes in communities such as world wide elections and polotics.  Blue sun holds power even higher then the feds themselves and they will come at you two by two with hands of blue.

THE FEDS:  The Purplebellies, unfortunately, won the war.  They controll the core planets and dictate every part of life that can be seen so the people on top can live the high life while those below work and sweat for them.  Among the stars they are the police.  They make sure there is no illegal salvage, no pirating, no smuggling or any underhanded work going on.  To them everything has to be stamped, signed, and pre-approved before you can even spit let alone move your ship.  The Feds slow progress and make sure that their way of life stays the only way of life.

SPACE PIRATES

Much like the early days of the mariners there are cutthroats traveling the stars.  These men and women travel around to find vulnerable prey.  After disabling a ship manned by a small crew with little defenses they will board stealing everything of value and possibly even the ship itself.

MERCENARIES

These men are guns for hire.  They are not afriad to kill anyone as long as there is money involved.  These men and women are are often employed by buisnesses not weathy enough to hire people from a sercurity company but perfer them for there lack of restraint.  They are also commonly hired as Bounty Hunters and perfer taking in bounties dead rather than alive.

-------------------------------------------

okay, to make a character here is what you need

name:

Sex:

Home Planet:

Appearance:  "You may include a photo if you wish but i still want a written description"

Personality:

Personal items:

Weapons: 

shop here -->  http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

"You may have one main weapon which cannot be any stronger than a semi-automatic rifle.  No assault rifles.  No lazers....they do have them but they cost alot of coin."

"You can have one side-arm like a pistol or revolver."

"As for melee weapons you can have as many as you can realistically carry except no one can start off with katans or broad swords.  the largest blade you may carry to start the game with is a machete.

Character history:  Who is your character?  Where has he or she been.  Where is he or she going and how did he or she end up on Whitefall where the RP begins

Goal:  What goal or destination your character seeks out.  Is he trying to save someone or just seeking treasure, are you a runaway prisoner or just a wandering gypsy?

Talents:  Specialties, what they have a knack for, special abilities and whatnot 

Job:  Position your character wants to fill on the ship

do you support the Alliance or not and why?

Okay, this is how the RP will start.  My character was doing jobs with his crew when the were apprehended b the alliance for illegal salvage.  The other crew members serve life sentences for previous convictions.  After getting out of prison he took on small jobs to get his ship out of impound.  Now that he has his ship back he's holding interviews for a new crew
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
(Fridays 11pm EST on Party 934)
ON / OFF's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=152802.0

Baalborn87

I'm interested. Can I be the hired gun? "a la Jayne esque"

Also is this post Miranda?

d20

Love Firefly. If it gets off the ground I'd love to be in.

Anna Katrine

Im definately interested in this. Will bookmark for now

dakabn

Is he taking passengers? This is my idea...

name: Sera

Sex: Female

Home Planet: Not given

Appearance: Honey brown eyes. Strawberry blonde hair. Pale olive skin. Skinny (no fat or muscle tone). About 5'7"  https://models.com/newfaces/i/2010/01/11.jpg

Personality: Guarded and quiet about herself. However, you can sense by her posture, etc, that she is somewhat refined. She attempts to behave a bit rough around the edges, even in her clothing, but it's rather obvious it's an act. She stays mostly to her room.

Personal items: Just clothes, and a bag she never lets anyone see. If one were to sneak, they'd find a diary, a sketchpad, and pencils, some colored.

Weapons: She carries a small pocket knife that she often forgets about.

NiceTexasGuy

I'm interested.  I presume the group will consist of original characters?  If that's the case, I'm in so long as we don't have a doctor, a registered companion, and a child prodigy who can kill us with her brain on board. 

On the other hand, if we're playing canon, I'm still interested, and we can have a doctor, a registered companion, and a child prodigy who can kill us with her brain (though I'd take it as a kindness if she didn't.)
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

dakabn

PS: I do have an actual backstory in mind I will PM the GM :)

NiceTexasGuy

I've been a bank robber, a law man, a soldier and a preacher.  I've been a teacher of math and science, worked construction jobs, sold mens wear, butchered hogs, even played piano in a whorehouse one hot sticky summer on Shadow - that was before the war of course.  Did a little time in lockup for practicing law without a license, but that was just a misunderstanding.  Right now, I guess I'd have to list my occupation as professional gambler.  Or maybe a non-profit organization.  In other words, I ain't got no speciality, but I am hungry and willin' to work.  If your motor's makin' a funny noise I can pro'lly figure out what's wrong - that ain't sayin' I can fix it ya understand, but I can give it a shot ... and I can get this ship off the ground if need be and get you from Point A to Point B, but can't guarantee it'll stay in one piece if I try to land it in rough weather.  I'm fair handy with a gun, but bein' a bettin' man I wouldn't lay money on my quickdraw.  Been shot a couple of times, but never serious.  I take a nip now and then, but it's never interfered with my job.  Well, not lately anyway.

Name:  Roland Themistocles King

Sex:  Male

Home Planet:  Shadow

Appearance:  Slightly taller than average, weight in proportion to height (though it may have shifted downward a bit in recent years.)  One can tell he was handsome in his younger days, but the years and the miles have taken their toll.  He might clean up nice if given the opportunity, a decent set of clothes, and a reason.  It isn't unusual for him to skip shaving for a couple of days at a time.  He isn't fastidious about grooming, but he does go through the motions so he doesn't end up smelling bad.  His clothing usually reflects the lifestyle of someone without means from the rim.  On occasion (such as when he visits a gambling hall, etc) he'll wear something a bit nicer, usually a shirt with long sleeves and a vest.

Personality:  He's a friendly sort, and unless there's something wrong with you he'll probably treat you like an old friend from the first meeting onward.  With the ladies, he's an old school gentleman but a bit of a flirt.  With the men, he'll usually manage to find some common ground with which to relate to them.  None of it should come across as fake, because it isn't.  He can find an opportunity to make a friendly bet on anything.  Friendly bets ... it's not a good idea to play for money with people you may have to depend on to save your life someday.

Personal items:  He'll allways carry a deck of cards in a pocket, sometimes two.  Always carries a folding knife (pocket knife).  Has a journal he writes in occasionally. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
You're peeking in his journal?  Shame on you.  Anyway, it appears to be some sort of code, so you can't read it anyway.

Other than that, just the usual toiletries and a couple of changes of clothes as would befit someone without a home.  There are no old brown coats (or any other uniform items) among his possessions.

Weapons:  He has one old pistol - a smaller army model - that usually remains in his luggage, and two holsters for it (One to be worn outside the pants, the other a shoulder holster for concealment under a coat.)  (With the GM's permission - since this doesn't add up to a lot of firepower anyway -- he will also has a derringer type gun - two shots - for the vest pocket - also usually kept in his luggage.) 

Character history:  Since Shadow was made uninhabitable during the war, he now has no home, and is a drifter, taking whatever odd jobs he can find to stay alive.  He is educated, but not overly so.  He could be described as a jack of all trades and master of none.  He was a cook/dishwasher on his last ship, a large cargo hauler, and was dumped on Whitefall after being accused of cheating at cards.

Goal:  Just trying to get by.  Well, maybe he has one secret, but don't s'pose he'd be tellin' it to you now, would he?

Oh, you thought you could click here and find out my secrets?  I didn't stay alive on the ass-end of the 'verse this long by making it too easy to figure me out.
Okay, if it's that important to you, I'll just say it involves a promise made to a lady, and that's all you're getting from me for now.

Talents:  He plays piano (not well, but knows a variety of lively songs by heart.)  He also plays harmonica quite well.  His other talent is card tricks and the basic sleight-of-hand tricks.  This does not mean he cheats at cards or can pick pockets.  On the other hand, it doesn't mean he doesn't.

Job:  Whatever the Captain hires him to do.

"Support the Alliance?  Well, I wouldn't call it 'support' -  I don't pay taxes if that's what you mean, but that's because I don't have any income.  When I strike it rich, then we'll have to revisit the question."

"I fought on the side of the Independents for a time, if that's what you mean." 

"I don't think it's a matter of supporting the Alliance or not supporting the Alliance ... they're in power and there's not a hell of a lot we can do about it, regardless of how we feel.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have something on the stove what needs stirring."
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
==============

ChainsawAdams

I'm interested. Can I be the hired gun? "a la Jayne esque"

sure thing

Also is this post Miranda?

We're not going cannon so I wasn't going to bring Miranda into the storyline

I'm interested.  I presume the group will consist of original characters?  If that's the case, I'm in so long as we don't have a doctor, a registered companion, and a child prodigy who can kill us with her brain on board. 

We're not playing cannon but a person can play a doctor or companion

Name: Grant Kelli

Sex: Male

Homeplanet: Hera

Appearance: Shoulder length dusty redd hair which he pushes behind his ears. He has brown eyes and wears a pair of thin rimmed circular glasses. He has two silver rim earrings on his left ear and has a tattoo as a black bullseye on the right side of his neck. He is approximates 5' 10 and weighs 190 lbs. He commonly wears a dark purple t-shirt with a black overshirt. For pants he has dark brown cargos with many pockets and wears a pair of black steel toed boots. He never really smiles and often looks very serious even when he's not.

Personality: Grant is a rather complex individual. He never has a distinct main emotion but when he shows emotion it is very strong and not subtle. He is very philisophical and often looks for the meaning beneath the surface of reality. He isn't a positive thinker because he fears getting his hopes up only to have them shattered which has happened alot in his life. Grant has learned to deal with the blows and punches the world has dealt him but he is not one to roll over and die. He always fights back with everything he has. He isn't very trusting of new people but once he has known someone for a long enough period of time he is a devoted friend

Personal items:

Pocket watch
Binoculars
radio

Weapons:

--Chang Feng submachine gun--
Caliber: 9x19mm Luger/Para
Weight: 2.1 kg empty
Length (stock closed/open): 405 / 588 mm
Barrel length: 250 mm
Rate of fire: 800 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 50 rounds
Effective range: 100-150 meters

--QSZ-92 pistol (China)--
Type: Double Action
Calibers: 5.8mm Chinese or 9x19mm Para
Weight unloaded: 760 g
Length: 190 mm
Barrel length: not known
Capacity: 15 rounds

--Melee Weapon--

Kama blade

Character history: Grant was born on the ice planet of Hera to Tom and Beverly. He didn't reseve any real schooling except what his parents taught him at home. When he grew to the age of twelve he instantly went to work as his father had taken ill. His mother still did odd jobs around the city selling her artwork but it wasn't enough to support the family. Grant took a job as a delivery boy, using the families brat up snowmobile to move random goods from city to city over the frozen tundra.

When Grant became 20, the Aliance was attempting to take control of the galaxy and he joined the resistence. He was instantly sent to fight in Verbana. Unfortunately, there squad was terribly defeated. He and some of his team managed to hide out avoiding capture. They stayed there until the Alaince won after which they came out of fighting. After traveling and living off of odd jobs for a few years they came across a fallen transport ship the resistance had been using...a Firefly. After three year of hard work they managed to repair it into working condition and then went to space.

The team took jobs around the galaxy, mostly illegal. Dodging the alliance they made just enough money to keep flying. However, on one mission they were caught and sent to prison on Whitefall. Grant, having no prior convictions was set free after two years. Unfortunately his friends faced life sentences. He did not enjoy staying in one place to long so he took up a job cleaning ships until he could get his own out of impound. Today, he put a message up on the cortex which advertised the need for a crew. He now waits at the East Town docks until he can get a crew to help him get back up in the air.

Goal: Keeping his freedom, the thrill of adventure and travel

Talents: Bargaining, Leadership

Job: Captain

do you support the Alliance or not and why?: No, he hates anything that seeks to control the freedom of people and keep them in line. He sees such action as non-progressive and tries to avoid the administration as much as possible

Read more: http://residentevil9.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=planningtable&action=display&thread=10849#ixzz2SApetkpM

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Kdyami

I'm working on a scout character at work currently  post it in an hour or two.

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Baalborn87

name: Matthew "Mac" McIntire

Home Planet: Aberdeen

Appearance: 6'2". Black, short cut hair. Squared jawline with a small scar under his right eye. Blue eyes. Strong but not overly muscled more toned. "Stylish" stubble.

Personality: Loyal to a fault. Having seen the best and worst of things, he has taken the view that bad things happen so take it as you will. As a result he has an almost perpetual good mood, happy to offer a smile or bad pun in the direst of circumstances. He does however know when to be professional and can "keep a lid on it" when called for.

Personal items: Simple clothing in a rucksack, scorched photo of his family, watch.

Weapons: Barret M468 carbine Semi-automatic (scoped).
Ranger Super Blackhawk 44.

Boot knife, Combat knife.
shop here -->  http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

Character history:  Matthew grew up in a small farming settlement on Aberdeen with his mother and sister, his father passing away some years earlier. The people of Aberdeen weren't too concerned about the Unification Wars, that is until the Unification Wars found them. The Alliance, working on some questionable intel  believed that a rebel stronghold was based on Aberdeen and persecuted the area with prejudice. This resulted in many civilian casualties and not a single Brown Coat dead. The fiasco was passed off as a great success and the number of civilian casualties was passed of as "rebel targets". Away hunting at the time, Matthew arrived after the officers realised their mistake and withdrew.
It was then that he discovered that one of the targeted homes was his own and that his mother and sister did not survive. One of the only things he was able to recover was a photo. Filled with remorse he joined an impromptu militia harassing the Alliance until it proved to costly for the federation, afterwards he joined the Browncoats until the end of the Unification wars. Since then he has realised that the ordinary men who took part in the attack were just following orders, and the real perpetrators are the officers who failed to check reports. Since the end of the war he has been making his way as a hired gun,  bodyguard or general odd jobber. Since his last job finished, he found himself stood in front of an old Firefly class transport. Armed with a rumour that the captain was looking for some new crew.

Goal: In short, a job. Longer, maby somewhere to belong and maby feel like part of a group.

Talents:  Scoped weapon proficiency, Guerilla tactics and field craft.

Job: Hired gun I mean Security.

do you support the Alliance or not and why? Hell no, see above.

Kdyami

Here we go

Name: Xavril Walker
Home Planet: Born on Haven, Doesn't consider himself from anywhere.

Appearance: Xavril is a lean lanky 5'11" Most would call him wirey not muscular.  But he has no problems moving him and his gear through otherwise unpassable terrain. He has dark hair, blue eyes, and a handful of scars.  He generally only wears, lose fitting clothing he can move free in, even when on board and not on a mission.  The only way to tell the difference is if his carbine and coat are on his back.

Personality: Xavril is an Outlaw.  He has a problem with authority.  And he doesn't believe in governments. But above all else he has his word and his conscience to guide him.  A 'code' if you will.  Don't hurt the innocent, stay loyal to your crew, money isn't everything...etc.  He is a free spirit.  If cultural norms tell him he can't do something but it's not against his conscience he'll probably do it anyway.

History The monks on Haven took him in when his parents died in a mining accident. He caused all manner of problems growing up; sneaking off the monastery, stealing food, minor things really that in the grand scheme of things would eventually lead him to Whitefall for this interview anyway.  As soon as he was old enough to drag his parents foot locker to his room he broke the lock to learn the truth about them.  His parents were lovers on the opposite side of a war, his mother was a Browncoat and his father joined to Alliance to pay for his education.  They fell in love when the war was still just grumblings on distant planets but then war came to Lilac and if that wasn’t bad enough they conceived Xavril.  They ran away together and paid the miners to hide them on Haven where they spent the years before their deaths.

They had recorded holo messages to him not only explaining why they were on Haven but also some training messages as well.  They taught him the basics of stealth and what all the equipment was in the footlocker and how to use it to care and usage of the weapons in the chest.  There were even a few old training videos from Xavril’s father’s day in the Alliance army.  Xavril learned as much as he could and practiced all over Haven.  First sneaking around, then stealing things around but never backing from a fight; leading to his reputation growing around the planet.

Eventually his reputation lead a crew that had stopped on Haven to offering him a spot on a job off world.  Having never been off the planet before he jumped at the opportunity.  The job went smoothly, but as the getaway was made they left him as the fall guy for the cops to arrest.  He wasn’t going to go quietly and made his escape into the jungle where they wouldn’t follow him.  Several months later he found his way to a settlement and booked passage to Whitefall.  Now he’s hoping to put his skills to use with a new crew that won’t sell him out at the first sign of trouble

Personal Items: Not much is left over from his parents or his days at the monastery.  He still wears the cross he was given by the monks as a reminder of his time there and a beaded bracelet that belonged to his mother. Other than that all he owns are clothing and weapons; including his father’s old Alliance armor and his mother’s Browncoat. 

Weapons:
His father’s old rifle: Taurus CT G2, .40 caliber, 15+1 round magazine, 4x thermal lens/reflex sight.
Pistol: BUL Cherokee, .40 caliber, 17+1 round magazine, Trijicon night sights, Green Dot Laser.
Don’t forget the assortment of knives he always seems to be carrying.

Goals: Xavril’s goals are simple; to see everything, to be loyal to his crew, and to raise as much hell as possible doing that.

Talents: Xavril is a quiet and agile making him a natural scout, with his preference for really close quarters combat.  He is also pretty adapt at palming small items, useful for both knife fighting and general thievery.  Also his has a penchant for jerry rigging anything that isn’t broken.  At the Monastery you never knew when a replacement could be afforded. 

Job: Scout, Lookout, Acquisitions

Do you support the Alliance? HELL NO.  Not a fan of governments in general.  But it’s their fault his parents are dead.  (Indirectly, but he doesn’t care.)
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

CurvyKitten

OHOH Color me interested!  And dibs on a female spot! I'm thinking engineer or pilot since we have a few hired guns already.

ChainsawAdams

we really need people to call crew positions.  We're not just a merc gang.
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Kaya

I'm also interested. I could do a female pilot, or a doctor who is also a companion AND can kill you with her brain. Just kidding.  ;)

ChainsawAdams

Here's an extra profile if theirs a lady who wants to play but can't think of a character

name:  Sicilia Bevans

Sex:  Female

Home Planet: Lendinum

Appearance: She is of average hieght and has a bit more of a build then is common among women from the core worlds.  Her hair is red and shoulder length with bleached locks.  Her eyes are a deep green and dispite her colorful eyes and hair she is very fair skinned.  She often wears large hooped earings and other large gawdy jewelry you might find at a second hand store.  Most of her shirts are ratty and tattered.  She likes plain cotton shirts and is not into new trends.  She wears large graceletts and wears rings on almost every finger.

Personality:  Sicilia is a very positive and upbeat individual.  Even in the darkest cituations she always seems to find the positive side.  She is very open about herself and very welcoming of others even if their ideas are different from her own.  She does not like being at conflict with anyone and will try anything to stay friends when possible.  She enjoys being the center of attention and often recieves it given her positive personality.  She is not a fighter by nature but when the cause she believes in is under attack, she will not hesitate to take up arms

Personal items: 

Guitar
turn-table
records
microphone
amp/speakers

Weapons:

Remington 870MCS Shotgun
Browning High Power Mk. III  Pistol

Character history: Sicillia was born to a very wealthy family on Lendinum, on of the finest corre planets in the verse'.  Her father was the mayor of Garen city.  Sicillia since her birth was brought up to be a fine patite and well to do lady.  She was taught the proper ways to eat, dance, walk, dress and live.  She never enjoyed the way she lived.  The problem is she didntt know anything else or anything better as she was sheltered from the rest of the world.

The one part of her life that she actually did enjoy was her music lessons.  She was taught to play the harp by the finest teacher within five states.  She didn't much care for the instrument though.  It was all show and the music was too uplifting for her when she felt so down and bitter.

Soon she grew up do be a woman.  Her parents had turned her into a debutaunt and was sent off to attend the grandest parties to try and find a wealthy suiter.  It was many years of going to party after partry, man after man threw themselves at her but she didn't much care for it.  Soon her family became impatient and fixed up a pre-arraged marriage.  One day she was being sent out of the city to go meet the man that she would soon marry.  When the limo pulled to a stop she couldn't take it anymore and she got out of the vehicle and headed into the city that she had been sheltered from.

While there, she came upon a music store.  Inside she found everything she had ever dreamed of.  Sampling different songs she soon found a love for punk rock.  She went around the store trying out the guitars and found she was a natural.  She managed to buy one before the limo came back and forced her to go meet her 'prince charming'.  As the wedding preperations went on, Sicillia practiced on her guitar.  She quickly became good and started playing online where she met two other girls that shared her passion for music.  After many months of playing and chatting she had an idea.

The day of her marriage, Sicillia stole the wedding car when no one was looking.  She then sought out the two women she had talked to one the web, picked them up and headed off world before anyone could blink an eye.  They now had their band.  They quickly made there way to the closest border planet and hooked a venue.  Their band, "Never Seeker' became an instant hit.  Soon they had agents, dressing rooms and sell out shows.  Their single 'Shadow Eyed Baby."  Became known throughout the verse.

At the peak of their career the war between the alliance and independance seemed inevetable.  Before calling it quits the band wanted one more show that they would be performing on Shadow.  Just before the concert began the bombing started.  Everyone ran and hundreds died including her bandmates.  Looking to avenge their deaths, Sicillia joined the browncoats in thier fight.

In the war Sicillia used her knoledge of electronics she used in her tours to become a mechanic.  The war was long and hard but she emerged the same girl she had been going into it.  After the war she became a drifter.  She stopped playing for awhile and instead worked on the space racers that were heading to Triumph in the search of glory.  Her specialty was working on the sound systems but was equally good with a wrench.  Finally, after years of wandering her travels landed on Lylac where fate would so play a part in her new life.

Goal: To discovers new sounds among the universe.  To earn enough money to buy and modify her own space speeder to race in the Triumph space races.

Talents: Music, repair, engieneering

Job:  Mechanic

do you support the Alliance or not and why?  No, mostly because they forse conformity which Sicilia is strongly opposed to.

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

dakabn

I still want to play my mysterious passenger, but I'll be a pilot or engineer. :)

will edit and add profile in a moment

CurvyKitten

Hangs head~ Never mind...you all have fun on this one.

ChainsawAdams

why are you giving up Curvy?
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

MaiMizzu

Name: Edie Thewes

Home Planet: Ezra

Appearance:

Personality: She often tries to be lighthearted, always seems to have a joke or clever quip at the ready. While she can often seem to not take anything seriously, she is always serious in her work. It’s as she often says ‘just because I make it look easy doesn’t mean it is’.

Personal items: A pretty basic handgun. A simple knife, the blade about 10 inches long. A very nice dress she loves to wear sometimes (as in her picture). She also has quite a few change of clothes, though most of them are more towards ‘work’ clothes. She also has a small art kit.. pencils, a sketching pad, pens.

Weapons: Bergmann Bayard single action semi-automatic pistol. 10 rounds.

Character history:  She was born on Ezra, but was never really satisfied with her life. Her parents own a very large and prestigious farm, but she knew that wasn’t the life for her. She was always fascinated with anything mechanical, but especially of flight. She built her first engine when she was 10, and used it to power a small glider she built in the next few years.
She left Ezra in the hope she could find her place in life. Her travels (well travel, she only went from Ezra to Whitefall) have brought her to a place she hopes she can perhaps find work. It’s not as easy as she had thought to live on her own.

Goal:  Her goal as of this moment is her own well being. She knows to keep living a fairly good life she’s going to need a job. She’s pretty much had enough of small jobs, going from place to place repairing what needs repaired (within her ability).

Talents:  She is very mechanically inclined, but her real talent is in flight. In the time she’s been scrounging for jobs, she has worked as a pilot for small time shipping companies. But she’s been fired from almost all of them for going to hard on their transport ships.   

Job:  Pilot

do you support the Alliance or not and why: She’s rather neutral, to this point it hasn’t vastly effected her. But her parents vocally supported the Alliance, so she would probably be in the opinion that she supports them also. She sees it as being best for everyone.

And also, room 1 if possible
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: ChainsawAdams on May 02, 2013, 09:02:29 PM
why are you giving up Curvy?

Because there are already several people going for the same spots. And I had an idea but with those spots already called for no point in expanding on it. And I don't have another idea yet. At least you seem to have a lot of people interested, so good luck.

ChainsawAdams

Well.  Pilot has been taken, technically the first person to post the profile with the desired position gets it.  Until it's in someone profile it hasn't been taken.  However you could always take co-pilot and have her specialize in the ships on board weapons system.
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

dakabn

Name:  Leena Carson

Sex:  Female

Home Planet: Newhall

Appearance: She is of average hieght with a healthy build. She has some muscle tone but is mostly cushioned. However, she is not chubby. She has dark hair a little past her shoulders that she usually keeps in a messy bun held up with an elastic. Her eyes are about the same color as her hair. Her skin is a sort of honey olive. She always wears cargo pants and a white tank top. When. When cold, she puts on a tan sweater that has become a bit ragged and stained over time.

Personality:  Leena is friendly and trusting of those her crewmates trust. The longer she knows you without you being "bad" or betraying her, the deeper her trusts gets, and the colder she will be toward you if you break that trust. When people are around that the crew obviously distrusts, she becomes uneasy and is more likely to hide than pick up a gun. This is not because she's never used one. It's because she did and she's never recovered from it. When the subject comes up, you can see the dark line cross her usually cheeky and sassy personality. She shuts down and broods.

Personal items: A locket without a chain that is always in the lower right side pocket of her cargo pants. People know it is the necklace of the daughter of the man she had shot helping her father protect their ranch.

Weapons: She refuses to carry weapons.

Character History: She was born into a family of ranchers. Close enough to the core planets to do trading and the family stayed out of the conflict as much as possible. They had their own problems with a neighboring ranch. It got to shots and her father was shot in the arm, so Leena grabbed his gun and with an unlucky shot, got the man in the head. She learned later that the family was in debt, and with their father dead, their ranch was taken. One of the daughters killed herself and the mother sent the Carson's the necklace with the man's portrait inside. Leena takes it to remind her never to hurt anyone ever again. She helped her family help the other ranch as best she could, but the bad blood was so thick and deep, there was no helping it. Leena had a cousin that was a pilot and she went with him on a merchant ship and learned how to maintain them. She's not fantastic at repairs, but she tries to never have to do them. She's efficient and meticulous with her maintenance.

Goal: She knows she can never redeem herself, but that's the ghost that haunts her. She's always running from herself... and being on a spaceship is the farthest she can run.

Talents: She has better natural aim than most, but she'll never hone it. She can also sing quite well, but it's rare to hear her sing. When she sings, those who know her can tell she's finally found peace, even if for a moment.

Job:  Mechanic

Do you support the Alliance or not and why?  She is ambivilent. She thinks their ideal was well intended, but how they went about it was rather inconvenient for the outer planets.

ChainsawAdams

Dakabn:  Leena "Mechanic" Approved  (Room 1)
Maimizzo: Edie "Pilot" approved (Room 2)
BallBorn: Mac "Security" approved (Room 4)
Nice Texas: Roland approved (Room 5) {assigned Public Relations due to his list of contacts}
                   -note-  Shadow is still inhabitable
Chainsaw: Grant "Captain" approved (Room 3)

Available positions remaining...

Computer Tech
Co-pilot
Ship weapons expert
Doctor
Simple hired gun
*If you can think of a position not listed feel free to make it your own*
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

d20

I was thinking of some kind of computer tech/hacker type. I'm still working on an idea. Just wanted to throw my two cents in for that one. :P

Name: John “Jack” Reed

Sex: male

Home Planet: Lendinum

Appearance:  Standing 5’9” tall, Jack is whip thin and pale as a ghost. His eyes range from a bright and vivid green when he is feeling good to a pale gray when his mood sours (which it is more often than not). He had a handsome face and a cocksure smile. His hair is dark brown and kept short, with a messy look even after he combed it.

Personality: Sarcasm is one of his finer qualities and he finds it hard sometimes to be serious. He is also an avid pessimist and is always there to tell everyone this is the moment they are going to die horrible deaths. Still, he enjoys relaxing and having fun and is quick is a joke – even if his humor is somewhat dark. He is inherently lazy when it comes to physical labor unless his life is threatened.

Personal items: A multi-tool, sunglasses, mini-computer, and a plain silver ring.

Weapons: Pocket knife (used more often as a tool than an actual weapon).

Character history:  Jack was born John Reed, on Lendinum, to a family of middling prestige and station within the Alliance. His father was a ruthless and ambitious man and always drove his children to succeed in all endeavors set before them.  Jack was far from the ambitious sort, at least in his father’s eyes. From a young age it was obvious of Jack’s skill with electronics, computers in general.
By the age of 18, Jack was a consummate computer specialist and hacker. His renown grew in the subtle circles he gravitated towards, underground youths that were disenfranchised with society and the government like himself. It was all just characters on a screen until one day they decided to take a stand. On a whim, Jack agreed to help out; little did he know the truth about those that he was dealing with. All too quickly Jack found himself in over his head and part of a resistance group he truly didn’t know much about.

It wasn’t until one night that he took part in a job to break into federal holding facility that Jack realized just how deep into he had become. By then it was too late, the job went south and Jack found himself ducking bullets and worse. If it hadn’t been for a great deal of luck and a substantial amount of money Jack wouldn’t had made it off world alive. Jack knew he had to get off planet and drained his family’s accounts to fund the smuggling of himself out of Core space.

From there he wandered the Rim, taking on odd jobs as a ‘computer specialist’ and general help when his specialty wasn’t needed. His latest job left him dumped off on Whitefall after the Captain of the ship took offense to Jack’s ‘smart mouth’. Now he was desperate and hungry, looking to take on any job that would get him off of the planet.

Goal:  His priority is to keep his head down and not attract too much alliance attention. He also loves money and is always looking for that one job that will set him up for life. Of course, these two goals usually conflict one another pretty regularly.

Talents:  Computers, hacking, electronics in general, putting his foot in his mouth.

Job:  Computer Tech

Do you support the Alliance or not and why: Jack isn’t a fan of the Alliance by any means, but he has no specific ill will against them in general.

MaiMizzu

Hey, we could use a chef too! yay food!
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

ChainsawAdams

Nice Texas: Roland approved (Room 5) {assigned Public Relations due to his list of contacts}
D20: Jack "Tech Specialist" approved (Room 10)
                  -note- I suggest you and NiceTexas' character "Roland" be comrads prior to joining the crew as both of you seemed to have pulled a         
                  bank job.  Perhaps you pulled it together?  Just a thought.

Available positions remaining...

Co-pilot
Ship weapons expert
Doctor
Simple hired gun
Chef
Companion
*If you can think of a position not listed feel free to make it your own*

*Note*  I realize that the nature of this site is for adult RP's.  Romantic interests will definitely spice up the story, however if you and another character decide to have an adult interaction I'd ask you do it though instant messaging and simply both post (Intimacy Encounter) when leaving for a private encounter.  However, in that same post both characters will post their return from the encounter to keep up to speed with the normal story even if the personal RP lasts longer than the time to post.

Also, do you guys think we should employ dice rolls for actions or simply state successes or failures?
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

dakabn

I think we're all mature enough to incorporate a balance, but I'm cool with dice for when I can't decide.

ChainsawAdams

What I was thinking is we could apply rolling but only use it in extremes.  For instance if we're using a D20, 1-3 is always a failure  28-30 is an extreme success.  Anything in between is the players call and each character gets a +5 in their field of specialty.
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Baalborn87

Sounds fair and keep things flowing.

VeronicaH

Hi. If you still need a doctor, I would love to fill that role.
Just let me know and I will set up a character.

ChainsawAdams

Vero, contact Kaya.  She showed interest in the doctor position from day 1 but she also might be willing to play a companion instead.  Perhaps you 2 can make a compromise.
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

MaiMizzu

If we do the rolls thing, then I hope someone can help me along with it. I've never done it, and only dabbled in it here.

I'll have my profile done tonight. Minor edits, I hope. Maybe.

Yeah looks like it'll be tomorrow. Need to work early in the AM. But it'll be done before I start rp'ing. And after it gets approved and all. Just different look and all, minor minor changes to background. I decided that I use the old pic like way to much in RP.

Really looking forward to playing with you all! And flying you around!

Kaya

Quote from: ChainsawAdams on May 03, 2013, 04:38:44 PM
Vero, contact Kaya.  She showed interest in the doctor position from day 1 but she also might be willing to play a companion instead.  Perhaps you 2 can make a compromise.

Hi Veronica, go ahead and make a doctor. I still have dips on a companion who can kill you with her brain.  ;)

ChainsawAdams

Im pretty sure you were just joking about the head blowing up thing but I just wanted to go on record that we won't have psychics in this RP
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

ChainsawAdams

BTW, if you want to find a weapon that best suits your character go to this site.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/usa/jackhammer-e.html
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Kaya

Name: Jessica Shang-Xin

Age: 26, but she looks as if she is just short of 20 - a blessing of her Chinese genes

Sex: female

Home Planet: Sihnon

Appearance: Jessica is a little taller than the usual Chinese woman, she stands 5'7" tall and weighs 105 lbs. This additional height seems to have gone all into her lower limbs, giving her beautiful long legs. She is slender, but she has curves in the right places, and her figure is breathtaking. Seriously, breaths have been taken.

Nothing seems to be out of proportion. Her legs are long and slender (can't stress that enough), her waist is small, giving her a perfect hourglass figure, while she sports a surprisingly impressive cleavage. Her face is cute and pretty and every move of her is full of natural grace.

Her long black hair (sometimes enhanced with brown highlights) falls down to her waist when she wears it openly, and her almond-shaped brown eyes are big and expressive. When she smiles, hearts melt and knees start to wobble. All in all she is a vision of Asian beauty and grace.

Personality: Jess is very friendly, warm, well-mannered and outgoing. She loves to laugh, and she has quite some humor herself. Her laugh is infectious. Jessica likes to be around people, and she likes flirting, which has given her some trouble before.

Her style of clothing also has given her unwanted attention. She has some exhibitionistic tendencies, which can be a good thing in her profession - still, she tends to dress not always properly for the occasion. As far as shoes go, she either wears high heels or goes barefoot, there seems to be no in between for her.

Personal items: Quite a collection of clothing, Indian-style dresses, cholis, saris, long skirts, cheongsams, tube tops and so on. While most of these pieces of clothing are traditional, they have been sexed up.

Some beautiful jewelry.

A bank account and Guild membership.

Weapons: Jess does not carry any visible weapons usually. She does have a power-bow and arrows (with interchangable arrow-heads) in her luggage, but she gets them out only very rarely.

She does have hidden weapons though. These are two small throwing knives, dipped in a strong poison that induces sleep quickly. They are hidden under her hair - usually when she feels she needs them for safety.

Character history: Jess was born and raised on Sihnon as the only daughter of Dr. Zheng Shang-Xin and his wife, and she had a very comfortable childhood. It was discovered early that Sora's IQ was quite high, and her proud father made sure that she would get on the fast path to becoming a doctor like himself. She skipped a couple of years in school without that giving her any trouble. Unfortunately for her father, Jessica did not really show any interest in medicine, she was much more into the arts.

Her dad insisted though that she had to learn about medicine anyways, when her busy schedule of singing and dance lessons opened up. He also made sure that his artsy daughter would be able to defend herself, and she learned martial arts. This she actually liked, because it was like a dance to her. She got surprisingly good.

But then something bad happened.

Her parents disappeared from the face of Sihnon. To this day, Jessica does not know what happened. A distant cousin took Jess in, and since she was a retired companion herself, she arranged for her to be taken into a training house. Jessica learned all the skills a companion needed to master, and she finished as one of the best in her class. It seemed she had finally found what she wanted to do with her life.

Once on the job as a registered companion on the core worlds, Jess got quite a few clients. She tended to young men who were to have their first experience with a woman, but she also took on clients who were into stranger things. Roleplays, costumes and other kinky stuff became her speciality, and she often took clients other companions would not choose.

One of those clients was a member of the Triads, and while the session went well and Jess suspected nothing, he got worried about his fetish getting out into the public. So one day, Jess was just walking down the street, when suddenly men appeared, grabbed her and abducted her. She had no time to react at all. She was brought to a remote location, tied up and gagged. They put her on a chair and left. She sat there for hours, absolutely terrified. Then a fight seemed to start outside the door, she heard punches and bodies falling. Her door opened, revealing a man in a black suit. He told her not to worry, then he grabbed her, put her on his broad shoulders and carried her outside.

He freed her from her bonds and brought her to the space port. He didn't say much, but Jess kept asking, until he told her that she was in danger here and that she needed to get away. He did not give a reason, regardless how often Jessica asked. He even threatened to gag her again if she didn't shut up. He seemed nervous though, and the threat felt real.

He stayed with her until she was on board of a ship headed for the rim. He recommended staying away from the core worlds, and that seemed very reasonable to Jess. She is now looking for a ship to travel the border worlds on, at least until the Triad boss cools down - which might take a lifetime.

Goal: Currently Jess just wants to stay under the radar. The guild will keep her financials and whereabouts hidden, as she wished, so basically she just has to stay away from the core. She has also used some of her funds to gather information about her pareants, and most recently she is looking about information about the mystery man who saved her from her captors.

Talents: Seduction (obviously), diplomacy, archery, knife throwing, martial arts, acrobatics (she is quite flexible), dance, singing, and all the other skills learned in the training house.

Job:  Paying passenger / Registered Companion

Do you support the Alliance or not and why? Crime is not good, and the Alliance is against crime, right? Jess had no part in the war, but she has a certain need for order.

Room: Shuttle?

ChainsawAdams

Jessica takes the shuttle and my heart, LOL
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

ChainsawAdams

This game is still accepting new characters, however for those who have finished characters you can begin posting at the site below.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173068.0
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Anna Katrine

Which positions remain open? :)

MaiMizzu

The open positions are listed a few posts down. If I.wasn't on my phone id list fot ya heh

Baalborn87

Quote from: ChainsawAdams on May 03, 2013, 03:34:49 PM
D20: Jack "Tech Specialist" approved (Room 10)
                  -note- I suggest you and NiceTexas' character "Roland" be comrads prior to joining the crew as both of you seemed to have pulled a         
                  bank job.  Perhaps you pulled it together?  Just a thought.

Before I post, have we already been hired? And are we already on the crew (all be it green)?

ChainsawAdams

We start about a week after the last person was brought on board.  Who experienced you are is up to you.  But this may be your first time on a Firefly making you need to learn a new avenue of your own trade.
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Kaya

I believe the game thread is not in the right forum, it should not be in the Wanted section, probably rather in Light: Human Small Groups, right?

MaiMizzu

Name: Edie (eed-dee) Thewes

Home Planet: Ezra

Appearance: 5’5” with long dark brown hair. She has blue eyes, her skin is lightly tanned. She often wears form fitting clothing, as to not interfere with whatever work she happens to be doing at that moment. When she’s not ‘on duty’, she wears more feminine clothing, sometimes even dresses. Despite her hard edges, she likes to feel ‘girly’ as she says.

Personality: She often tries to be lighthearted, always seems to have a joke or clever quip at the ready. While she can often seem to not take anything seriously, she is always serious in her work. It’s as she often says ‘just because I make it look easy doesn’t mean it is’.

Personal items: A pretty basic handgun. Edie also has a pocket knife, it once belonged to her father. She also has quite a few change of clothes, though most of them are more towards ‘work’ clothes. She also has a small art kit.. pencils, a sketching pad, pens.

Weapons: Bergmann Bayard single action semi-automatic pistol. 10 rounds.

Character history:  She was born on Ezra, but was never really satisfied with her life. Her parents own a very large and prestigious farm, but she knew that wasn’t the life for her. She was always fascinated with anything mechanical, but especially of flight. She built her first engine when she was 10, and used it to power a small glider she built in the next few years.
She left Ezra in the hope she could find her place in life. Her travels (well travel, she only went from Ezra to Whitefall) have brought her to a place she hopes she can perhaps find work. It’s not as easy as she had thought to live on her own.

Goal:  Her goal as of this moment is her own well being. She knows to keep living a fairly good life she’s going to need a job. She’s pretty much had enough of small jobs, going from place to place repairing what needs repaired (within her ability).

Talents:  She is very mechanically inclined, but her real talent is in flight. In the time she’s been scrounging for jobs, she has worked as a pilot for small time shipping companies. But she’s been fired from almost all of them for going to hard on their transport ships. She has experience piloting a vast number of ships, from single person transports to larger cargo carriers.

Job:  Pilot

do you support the Alliance or not and why: She’s rather neutral, to this point it hasn’t vastly effected her. But her parents vocally supported the Alliance, so she would probably be in the opinion that she supports them also. She sees it as being best for everyone.

ChainsawAdams

Quote from: MaiMizzu on May 04, 2013, 10:58:44 PM
So here's what I got so far. Opinions?

General Plans and Schematics

Class:03-K64-Firefly
Type: Mid-bulk transport (Class B)
Drive: Standard radion/accelerator core
Powerplant: 2 Blue Sun 6V4-178-B31 Trace Compression Blocks
36 RCS thrusters
Owner: Capt. Grant Kelli
Registry nunmber: 918-S-359-1701D27B
Manufacturer: Allied Spacecraft Corp., Osiris
Firefly Ship Works, Ltd., Hera
Mandel & Earls, Ltd., Londinum 
Manufacturer model number: 47 Mark IV
Hull number: G-91852
Keel laid: August 2459

Statistics

Ship length: 269'-3"
Ship width: 170'-0"
Ship height: 78'-8" (landing gear extended)
Hull: L 261'-1" × W 68'-10" × H 74'-5"
Wingspan: 112'-4" (to engine mounts)
Main engine dimensions: L 62'-8" × W 28'-4" × H 29'-6"
Empty weight: 282,500 lbs
Maximum weight: 585,000 lbs
Maximum payload: 164,900 lbs
Crew capacity: 5 (5 crew cabins)
Passenger capacity: 18 Maximum (9 passenger dorms)
Range: 400 A.U. (max fuel)
44 A.U. (max. payload)
Carried vessels:2 Endo/Exo-Atmospheric Shuttles

1 MF-950 flying mule

Other equipment: 2 Magnetic grappler launchers
3 One-man escape pods (for cockpit crew)
2 Weyland-Yutani quad DShK explosive artillery launchers

The turrets are mounted on top of the Black Jack and below. One on top, one below. They can be manned to fire manually or set on an autofire pattern.

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

ChainsawAdams

BOOKMARK THE FOLLOWING LINKS

The RP thread has been moved to the following page.  All those with an approved character can begin posting but we are still accepting a few more new members.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173181.0

Below is a link to the character profile page you can use for reference during the game.  Please do not post on it.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173182.0

This page will be used as out out of character discussion page to address issues and post story ideas.
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

MaiMizzu

The links aren't working, boss.

ChainsawAdams

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Baalborn87

I think Mac and Edie are going to get on well. Both are Jokers, maby being in cahoots on the same prank or two.

Baalborn87

ChainsawAdams

(((ACTION DICE ROLLS)))

During the game, you will find yourself in the situation that would highly influence the storyline.  An example of this might be....

-Trying to shoot someone in battle
-Fixing a broken machine
-complex flight maneuvers
-Social manipulation 'charm, lie, negotiate'

When this type of event occurs you will go to the dice rolling bot listed below

https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php

You will set the dice to be a D-20.  You will then copy the results onto the RP like so.

Roll Result: ChainsawAdams rolled: 1d20
Comment:
Result: 5,
Total: 5

You will label your roll in red.  Results are as follows.

If you roll a 1-4, you fail at what you are attempting to accomplish and you must post a negative result to your actions in the RP.  You must then wait a period of 24 hours before you can post again

If you roll a 5-16 you can choose what occurs.  You can choose to fail without the resulting penalties or a common success.  After a common success roll you must wait 24 hours before you can roll another action post but are allowed to continue posting cosmetic interactions that have to strong effect on events that can change the story.  This is mostly restricted to basic conversation.

If you roll a 17-20 this is an extreme success.  You have the right to post that you have succeeded in your task and even add some extra flare.  For instance, rather than just shooting your enemy you pull off a head shot dead between the eyes.  As a result you are free to post a second event the same day that would require another dice roll and are free to continue any cosmetic interactions.

All of your characters have specialties and skills.  This will effect some of your rolls.  Let's say the ships mechanic tries to shoot at an enemy.  This would be a normal roll.  However, if she attempts to fix the ships engine or other machinery she adds a +1 to her roll.  Another example Is if the pilot attempts to seduce someone she receives no bonuses but receives 1 bonus points when maneuvering the ship.  A companion, on the other hand WOULD recieve the bonus  when seduction is played.

As the game goes on, characters will find themselves acquiring objects that will give them bonuses to various rolls.  Better weapons = bonuses in combat, Ship upgrades will grant bonuses to flight attempts and new cloths can add to social situations such as seduction or intimidation.

We will be running this on the honor system so please be honest when it comes to posting your results.
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

ChainsawAdams

Bonus Points for those who post's the name of their characters theme music.

Cowboy Bebop OST - Ask DNA - (Cosmic Dare) Pretty With A Pistol
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Baalborn87

ChainsawAdams

Captain Grant
Wailing Souls "Renegade Survivor"

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

MaiMizzu

I do believe I found Edie's! When I first heard this a bit ago, I wanted right away to have a space adventure! Like fly through the stars! I can just see Edie piloting Black Jack through like an asteroid field or something else daring when I listen to this.
What do you think?

Yoko Kanno - Take Off

ChainsawAdams

sounds kinda like the airship theme of ff7, so pretty fitting really
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

ChainsawAdams

GAME REWARDS!!!

MISSION:  Character Music

to the following

MaiMizzu
Baalborn87

REWARD

x1 point chit

"A point chit can be used pre-dice roll to add one extra point to the resulting number.  The chit dissolves after one use.

CONGRATS!!!

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

NiceTexasGuy

No offense, but I'm thinking this pro'lly ain't the game for me ... good luck to you guys, tho.
===
==============

d20

I think I'm going to bow out as well. Ya'll have fun.

ChainsawAdams

Is this about the whole dice rolling thing?  Cause we can scrap that.  Just an idea, not set in stone
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

ChainsawAdams

Also, the game has already begun here if people missed the first post

----------------------------------------------------------------------
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173181.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Crash

Are you still accepting or is it full up?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

ChainsawAdams

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Crash

Still have room for a hired gun? It looks like it but I wanted to make sure.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

ChainsawAdams

Yes, but for some reason we had a ton of people sign up who dont seem to want to post
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Chloe Milev

What immediately came to mind:
Not everyone can be the Waif

And related:
Inappropriate quote of awesome

Elaborate backstories

Stay balanced or face hilarious consequences
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Crash

Okay I will be working in a character soon but not today it being Mother's Day and all.

Crash

Let me know if Garret fits or if you think something needs to be changed.

ChainsawAdams

crash. looks ok but their is no way the captain would let a person on the ship who openly fought for the alliance.  I really wanted more brown-coat allies but almost everyone choose not to take a side.   Just change his involvement in the war and your ready to go
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Crash

All the characters look great I can't wait to jump in.

Is there an OOC: Thread for the game?

Crash

Okay revamped his role in the war.

Name: Garret McShay

Home Planet: Newhall

Appearance:  Garret has a strong jaw and rugged features which seem out of place with his clothing.  He often wears suits that while could never be mistaken for Inner System chic, are at least outworld gangster.  Garret has a pension for hats, his favorites are his fedora and bowler and no one messes with his hats.  Garret isn’t tall overly tall at 5’10”, but he is stocky which makes him look bigger and more imposing than he is.  Despite his somewhat intimidating appearance his emerald eyes often sparkle with humor at a good joke or entertaining story.

Personality:  Garret is hardworking and tough, traits born from being the son of a fisherman.  He is used to hard labor and has no problem doing the grunt work on the ship to earn his pay or passage.  He doesn’t suffer laziness or dishonesty lightly, they rub his ethics the wrong way.  Garret is fiercely loyal to friends and family which has gotten him in trouble more than once, but he wouldn’t have it any other way.  He also enjoys a good pub, a good pint and the inevitable fight that follows.   Being the son of a fisherman he has learned patience and an appreciation for nature.  His idea of relaxing is dropping a line in a quiet lake and while away the hours sipping a stout ale and reeling in a days catch.  Garret’s enjoyment of fishing and a mother who insisted on not wasting a bit of food as made him a rather decent cook.  It is a meticulous and exacting craft that he works diligently at perfecting even with the limited supplies of a spaceship.

Personal items:  Rod, reel and line.  A collection of hats and a couple of worn suits and a finely crafted wooden box of keepsakes.

Weapons: 
A pair of ornate Smith & Wesson 29-2 Double Action revolvers that were his brothers.

Combat Knife, Cleaver, utility knife and brass knuckles.

Character history:  Garret was born the son of a fisherman on Newhall.  He grew up in a harsh but loving family doing hard work and earning his keep.  He had five brothers and three sisters (he was the middle brother) and loved them all.  If things had gone differently for Garret he would probably still be a fisherman working his family’s grounds, but they aren’t.  Garret joined the browcoats to fight for the against the Alliance Purplebellies.  Before he left his eldest brother, a sheriff on Newhall gave him his most prize possession, a pair of ornate revolvers, he still carries today.  After the war Garret went home for a time, but the war had affected him as it had others and soon he was getting in trouble with the local and then with the law, including his brother.  It was apparent to he and his family that home wasn’t big enough for Garret anymore.  With sad goodbyes he bid farewell to his family and hopped ship off planet to find his own way in the ‘verse.

Goal:  Garret is a vagabond.  He is lost and trying to find his place and his been jumping from ship to ship taking odd jobs here and there to buy or work for passage.  Most of the crews were either looking only for extra hands for a run or were a bunch of distrustful, backstabbers that worked him like a dog and paid him like he was less than one.  If he could hook on with a captain that he could trust and offered a good fair cut he might be able to find his way again.

Talents:  Fishing and Fisticuffs.  Garret grew up the son of a fisherman on Newhall.  It is in his blood and in the years since leaving he still feels the pull of the water and the catch and will take any opportunity to drop a line.  While Garret is handy with an iron in each hand, he is almost unbeatable with it comes to a good old fashion barfight.  Garret is also a system-class swimmer and a budding chef.

Job:  Hired Gun / Cook

Do you support the Alliance or not and why?  Garret has no special love for the Alliance, but unlike many others he has no particular hated for them either, he fought to survive and earned a grudging respect for the Alliance soldiers in doing so.  Garret understands that the Alliance’s hold is precarious the further out from the inner systems you get, which is fine by him.  Sometimes you have to do things that ain’t quite right to protect you and yours and what the Alliance don’t know don’t hurt them none.  He doesn’t tell anyone he fought in the war. He was young, too young for some of the things he saw and sometimes it still weighs on his soul.

MaiMizzu

And this is the ooc, Crash. Sorry didnt answer earlier. heh

Crash

Oh, I'm not used to these being in the groups wanted thread. 

Now off to write something IC!

MaiMizzu

Ill be posting in the next day or so. been working alot of hours lately.

Crash

Baalborn87

Crash

Just a guess but above and below the crew quarters makes sense.  Easy to get to in an emergency.

ChainsawAdams

we could use one of the unused guest dorms to store weapons.  As for the turrets what he just stated makes sense,  Above and below
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Baalborn87

Crash

Quote from: MaiMizzu on May 16, 2013, 09:01:24 PM
Ill be posting in the next day or so. been working alot of hours lately.

I have a post mostly ready, I'll just add any interaction with Edie to it once you post.

Crash

Hey all, I'm sorry but it looks like I am going to be bowing out of this game.  It is just a little too much on my plate right now.  Hopefully we can RP in other games. My apologies everyone.

Baalborn87

MaiMizzu

ChainsawAdams

So....let's start with a simple role call.  All interested in continuing with the RP say  "I"
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Baalborn87

ChainsawAdams

Im not sure we can run this thing with just the three of us
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

ChainsawAdams

even if each of us makes three thats six characters...is that enough to pilot a ship?
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Etah dna Evol

I'm interested. Also I got the feeling from watching the show that it only takes one pilot and one engineer to run the ship.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Baalborn87

4 sounds right for a crew doing crimely and nefarious deeds.

SpiralSpider

I'm interested! Please let me know if there is still room and I will come up with a character.  :-)
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

ChainsawAdams

Okay, I'll have to look back and see who quit to see what positions need to be filled again.  I still can't believe they all quit so quickly
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

SpiralSpider

I see your pilot just quit. Mind if I take that position? ;)

ChainsawAdams

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

SpiralSpider

Name: Mei-Lien Moore

Sex: female

Home Planet: Sihnon

Appearance: Standing at a solid 5'10, Mei also sports a sturdy build. It's obvious by looking at her once that this is a lady who doesn't fall for the idea that women need to be waifs. That being said, she's a healthy-eater all together, her love of fruit being a good motivation for seeking fresh produce whenever she has the means for the luxury. Her hair is very long - past her bottom - but she usually keeps it either back in a complicated layering of braids to keep it tidy or in a mass of crimped fury when she just can't be bothered to do so. She prefers to dress in uncomplicated fashion, often going barefoot and donning a simple flowing gown. Her wardrobe is almost entirely composed of silk items, as she'd become accustomed to the feel of them while she was still young and knows how well the fabric retains its value, should she become desperate enough to pawn them. Mei's eyes are a soft, jaden green - like her hair, they are a testament to her Irish heritage, even if nothing else but her surname goes along with the giveaway. (Mei fails to have any accent at all)

Personality: This buxom female is wise to the antics of many, but prefers to keep quiet and gather information until it really becomes useful to use it against them. She'll toss someone a wry smile when they give something away, but usually keeps the secrets of those who have earned her trust. She's quite easy-going, and prefers to make her mark on her personal space and so has the tendency to leave personal belongings about the bridge/cockpit of the Black-Jack - since she spends so much time there, she wants to make herself comfortable. Although she doesn't necessarily fit into the standard norms of what is considered the ideal of beauty, she has a lot of confidence in her self worth and never compares herself to other women - just one of the many benefits of growing up being surrounded by companions back on her homeworld. Happy to be left alone for long periods of time, the pilot life suits her well. However, she does have a fair amount of wit and wouldn't give up the chance to say something snarky over the loudspeaker if she felt it necessary... or just fun.

Personal items: Many, many silk dresses and nightgowns. A few pairs of pants. Two pairs of sandals and one pair of thick leather boots. She carries a messenger bag filled with bits of odd wire and metal scraps that she uses to tinker with radios and the like - communications has always been one of her favorite bits of technology.

Weapons:
Colt 1911 handgun
Two Machetes
A handheld taser
A wooden sword

Character history: Mei's maternal family were descendants of modest folk who had traveled to Sihnon in order to dedicate themselves to learning more about the Buddhist religion - which continues to be a great influence on them today. Mei's father was a transport pilot who flew supplies for the Alliance. He taught Mei the basics of flying while she was still young enough to show an interest. While she was an adolescent, her parents sought to give her the best options possible as far as education goes. While her father was all for getting her started in training to become a Companion, Mei's mother was skeptical that such a lifestyle would be in her best interests. However, her parents did hire a few ladies from the guild to teach Mei some things that they didn't believe were being covered well enough in the public school system. Through them, she learned music - dance, singing and playing mandolin. She was also taught fencing and retains a love of the art to this day, although she has no weapon of the sort to practice with, unless you count her boken.

A few years down this road lead eventually to Mei's rebellious teenage years. She became a performer of sorts just to gain attention from others around her. She grabbed the attention of an older man and in her impetuous youth, thought she had been gifted love at first sight. Her parents were immediately against their relationship, but she did not pay any heed to their warnings. Eventually they flat-out forbid her to see him any longer and she took a careless and drastic measure - running away with the man. The next 6 months of her life - the last of which before she became a legal adult - were are whirlwind adventure with the man who had rekindled her long-lost love of flying a ship. But he never intended to keep to his lofty promises of making her his "one and only". Too quickly, he moved on to another conquest and left Mei to fend for herself on some dusty border planet.

Broke and alone, and the entertainment business not proving to be at all profitable, she took to odd jobs in order to support herself. Her father's early training proved to be her savior, as it gave her the means to make money and get the gorram hell off the dusty rock Earnest had dumped her on. 9 years later, she's a well-seasoned and much more wizened woman who just retired from a risky assignment with another unworthy crew. She found herself on Whitefall, looking for a new ship to fly.

Goal: to make a living for herself, find happiness and explore. She doesn't support the Alliance because she dislikes how rigid they are; she values freedom and individuality.

Talents: Musically inclined. She loves to fiddle with com systems and can usually tweak them to perform better. Her piloting skills are great - but not exactly to the point where she could make maneuvers with her eyes closed. (No "leaf on the wind" here, sadly)

Job: Pilot

SpiralSpider

Are we to now read the story without the posts by those that left? Is it possible to have them delete their posts? (We could also re-launch the game if need be...)

Also, Cap'n do you approve of my Pilot concept?

Baalborn87

Spider, we could step off from my post (I think it should work with your character) pretty open.

Etah dna Evol

Birth Name: Wilhelm le Noir

Known to the Alliance as: The Demon Eyed Sniper, ‘ol Demon Eyes

Known to Independents as: Thirteen

Current Cover: Willie Black

Last known military rank: Master Gunner

Home Planet: Persephone is the birthplace of Wilhelm le Noir, but Willie Black’s paperwork lists Whitefall as his place of birth and home of record.

Appearance: Willie has a thick brown mustache, long brown hair and bright red piercing eyes. He is tall and imposing, standing at six feet three inches and weighing in at two hundred and twenty pounds of mostly muscle, from his years in prison. He wears a black cowboy hat, a black duster, a brown leather vest and brown leather boots. The brown belt around his waist holds two holsters which he uses for his revolvers and he sometimes wears a combat sling around his back that holds his shotgun under his duster. The only symbol of his noble heritage that he commonly wears is spurs around his boots.

Personality: Willie Black’s cold and reserved exterior belies a smoldering passion. He speaks slowly and deliberately, until his tongue has been loosened by whiskey among good friends. His voice is deep and carries, even when his words are spare. He makes friends slowly, but once he makes them he is loyal til the end. Conversely he is also bitter and vengeful, never forgetting a grudge. His mannerisms seem intimidating to most people,  but they are unintentionally slow.

Personal items: Willie values his cloths and equipment, but doesn’t like to own more than he can carry on his back. He has a single foot locker that he can carry with him if needs be that generally carries his sword, a few changes of cloths, extra ammo and food and a few military knickknacks from his past.

Weapons
Two Colt Trooper mk. III’s

and a Benelli M3 Super 90 shotgun

And a duelists epee

Character history
You wouldn’t be able to tell it from looking at him, but Ol’ Willie is from noble stick. His father Sir Ivarr le Noir and his mother, Lady Philippa de Willesford were nobles of the highest caliber on Persephone and that was the problem. Their wealth depended largely upon their popularity and when their son was born blind in both eyes, they realized that they would have to keep him far away from anyone they knew. Even after Doctors at Saint Lucy's hospital on the planet Ariel gave him ocular implants as an infant, they glowed an eerie and unnatural red that his parents were ashamed of.

Young Wilhelm was sent to the core world of Sihnon. There he was raised in a boarding school from infancy onward. As soon as he arrived like the other students, infant Wilhelm was tattooed with the number thirteen on his neck to denote that he was a part of the thirteenth student cohort. There he was taught classical subjects, learning first the quadrivium of arithmetic, geometry, music, and astronomy and then the trivium of grammar, logic, and rhetoric.  Additionally he leaned etiquette and fencing. Wilhelm learned his subjects well and became a competitive fencer, but felt stifled by the environment and rejected by his family, so he started rebelling and acting out.

At the age of seventeen, Wilhelm received the last modification on his ocular implants he would ever need. Shortly thereafter he was kicked out of his the boarding school for rebellious acts and disinherited from his family. That is the day Willie Black was born, Willie being a common nickname for Wilhelm and Noir being French for black. He returned to Persephone and found what work he could as a commoner with no education. In the next year ol’Willie found out that his ocular implants are functionally targeting computers, perfectly interacting with his hand eye coordination and reflexes, making him quick and accurate with a gun at any range. So he began to work as a hired gun, going by the sobriquet of Thirteen.

Thirteen found work in every corner of the verse, toting guns for slavers, pirates and mercenaries. From the age of eighteen to the age of twenty-four he was in and out of prison and experienced the furthest reaches of the verse. As he experienced more of the frontier he came to feel at home there in a way he never did on Persephone or Sihnon. When war broke out in 2506 between the power hungry Alliance that to him represented his parent’s arrogance and sense of eliteness, and the Independent Faction who had come to represent freedom to him, Willie found a more altruistic use for his gun fighting skills.

As a Sergeant with the Independence Irregulators he became a Browncoat. Serving in many of the battles over the next few years he learned how to maintain, fix and fire shipboard weapon systems, maintain, fix and fire mortars and artillery and how to maintain, fix and fire sniper weapons systems. On this long journey he became a Master Gunner, the Browncoat equivalent of what some would call a warrant Officer and a famous sniper among the Alliance forces on Du-Khang. They called him the Demon Eyed Sniper or ol’Demon eyes because his bright red eyes were the last thing many alliance soldiers saw before they got a bullet in the brain.

In May 2511Thirteen was on New Kashmir when the Independence movement received its killing blow in Serenity Valley on the planet of Hera. The Master Gunner and a small band of other Independence Irregulators refused to surrender. Evading capture they slipped through the Alliance net on New Kashmir and wound up on Verbena, in the same star system. Going by Willie Black again, him and his Bushwackers fought Alliance forces who were trying to create a gearshift assembly factory in a planet that had formerly been beyond their authority.

The  Verbena Bushwackers adopted black dusters as a way to mourn the failure of the Independence movement, and so were sometimes called the Blackcoats. They were able to disable the plant a few times and murdered a few top executives but were soon caught and either killed or arrested.  Ever a survivalist, Willie Black managed to convince the Alliance Forces that he was a lower ranking operative, had not been involved in the prior war of Independence at all and had not killed anybody on the planet Verbena.

Luckily the other Blackcoats were loyal to their Master Gunner and none of them rolled over on him. So Willie Black having convinced Alliance military forces that he was not an enemy combatant got the lightest sentence of all his men, five years of hard labor. Digging ditches and cracking rocks in a top security prison on Persephone, the only way Willie Black entertained himself was being a combatant in underground smokers fights where he would beat the life out of other prisoners in exchange for money and prison privileges which were put up as bets.

Released in 2517, Willie Black convinced the Alliance Prison system to return him to his place of birth in Whitefall, which of course is not the truth. After reaching Whitefall, Willie Black heard of a crew looking for crew members. Trying to find a new place in life, Willie went to see what was up.

Goal:  Having his personal belongings brought to Whitefall by friends of the Bushwackers and retrieving them, his primary goal is wine, women and maybe a little song. Willie Black’s secondary goal is to obtain the funds to buy a reliable sniper rifle, since that opens him to a wider array of employment. He also wants to spite the Alliance forces and genuinely aid people in the frontier worlds somehow.

Talents
* Willie Black's ocular implants allow him to see in the inferred spectrum's, to magnify, to record and replay information in different ways and to connect directly to computer systems.
* Willie Black is a fast draw, an accurate gunman and a very accurate rifleman at any distance.
* Willie Black can maintain, repair, upgrade and fire shipboard weapons systems.
* Willie Black can maintain, repair, upgrade and fire nearly any modular weapons system from mortars, to artillery to machine guns.
* Willie Black has basic military, stealth and survival skills
* Willie Black knows most basic shipboard systems
* Willie Black has a classical education and tends to be smarter than he looks
* Willie Black can read, write and speak English with a Southern and a high noble accept, Mandarin, Cantonese, Greek and Latin.
* Willie Black understands the etiquette of nobility
* Willie Black is a professional level fencer, though he doesn’t like showing this skill.
* Willie Black can wrestle and fight at a semi-professional level, something he picked up in prison

Job:  Onboard the ship, Willie Black can maintain, repair, upgrade and fire shipboard weapons systems. He can also assist the ships engineer in minor ways.

Loyalties:  Being a veteran of the Independent Confederation, Willie Black sees the Alliance as a corrupt and controlling force. He will act against it given the slightest reason or provocation and cooperate with it only for a great amount of wealth or for survival itself.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs