"It Only Affects Men" - Zombie story with a difference. Recruiting Survivors

Started by Chrystal, December 03, 2012, 05:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AurelieCatena

Glad to see you are interested to join us.

The trio has just entered a new, unknown town, so your character, whoever she is, could be a local, or someone just arriving.

Also, they were planning to go to a slave market and sell Felina there, once she was fitted with her new piercing restraints. So they might meet you there.

What kind of character did you have in mind?

AurelieCatena

scribus1000

Quote from: AurelieCatena on November 19, 2013, 04:11:19 AM
Glad to see you are interested to join us.

The trio has just entered a new, unknown town, so your character, whoever she is, could be a local, or someone just arriving.

Also, they were planning to go to a slave market and sell Felina there, once she was fitted with her new piercing restraints. So they might meet you there.

What kind of character did you have in mind?

Probably someone just arriving, doing some trades of her own. As far as what she'd be, I figured a survivalist, someone with some basic military training and other things picked up during/after the start of the apocalypse.

Not sure yet on whether she'd be the peaceful type or more like the torturers I've seen so far, but for now I'd like to leave room for either.

Quote from: AurelieCatena on November 19, 2013, 04:15:16 AM
Also, you might be interested in playing this game with me?

Regarding that, I'm afraid I'll have to decline. Got a lot of threads to reply to--several of which aren't on this site-- and this one here will probably be one of the last long-term rps I'll enter for some time on any site. And that aside, not all aspects of it fit with my ons/offs. Don't get me wrong, I can write it out and I have absolutely no problems with it; I just feel that I may not yet be the ideal writer you're looking for in this regard.

Hope this makes sense and that I haven't caused offense--mind's been fuzzy and jumping around all day.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

AurelieCatena

No worries. I'm not easily offended. I was just trying my chance.

Maybe you could come up with a character sheet? There is one in the first post of this thread.

I have PMed Melkart but have not yet received any response. I'm sure you'll be welcome to join us though.

scribus1000

Quote from: AurelieCatena on November 19, 2013, 04:50:07 PM
No worries. I'm not easily offended. I was just trying my chance.

Maybe you could come up with a character sheet? There is one in the first post of this thread.

I have PMed Melkart but have not yet received any response. I'm sure you'll be welcome to join us though.

Okay, just being sure. And I'll come up with the character sheet as well.

Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

scribus1000

Done! Or just about such. Might add to her history.

Player Name: scribus1000

Name: Maria Annalise Fischer
Alias (if any): Maria
Profession: Chemist, was transitioning into military at the start of the apocalypse

Survivalist or Rescuee: Survivalist

Height: 5"9'=175.26cm
Weight: 150 lb = 67.5 kg

Hair colour: See picture
Eye colour: pale blue(I put this because the picture doesn't seem totally clear to me at least--could be either blue or a light green from my eyesight.)

Special skills: She has an adept understanding of chemistry--invariably this means she can create certain valuable items, provided she has the resources/time/experience/tools to do so, which could include explosives, acids, special gases/liquids, and if she were so inclined, drugs--who knows how many people still cling to their addictions nowadays? During the apocalypse she's picked up a little experience with electrical components and some basic knowledge about edible/usable plants(read from a book)

Weapons: S&W Model 36 revolver, chambered for .38; AKM assault rifle, with 30-round box magazines as well as one 100-round drum magazine(which typically sees use when she's in neck-deep shit--likely a situation where 100 bullets do not stand a great chance of solving the problem anyway); a 7-inch survival knife; she also has a 10/22 and plenty of ammo for it, but lately it hasn't seen much use.

Other equipment: Basic ballistic vest, Army-made; A large assault pack for carrying miscellaneous goods/equipment as well as ammunition: a box of matches and a zippo lighter for a backup that she rarely uses; Pliers, tweezers, a small basic medkit; Canned food, canteen; Two packets of thermite; a handful of magnesium ribbons; two crudely made pipe bombs; PH test strips; bagged bottle of chloroform; a varied assortment of other essentials and toiletries.

Likes: Chocolate(Will take it--NOT steal, though--when found and hoard it), doodling(before the apocalypse--now there is no time for it), dice(she keeps one in a pocket and has a habit of rolling it when idle), sailboats(she wanted to do it one day, but now it seems distant), cooking(she thinks it has a relationship with chemistry)

Dislikes: Children(she resents having to see them grow up with a twisted sense of right and wrong in a world like this.), thieves(only slightly because she's guilty of it herself sometimes), traitors, loud disruptions, ignorant or arrogant people(this crosses over with likes since she can use it as an exploit.)

Personality: Behind the brooding, irritation and mistrust lies a remarkably resourceful young woman, and whether she likes it or not, her type is actually a good fit for this rapidly-shifting world, where not only strength, speed and cunning are in high demand, but adaptability as well. Lacking in one area, she figures, is the quickest and easiest way to die out here. Well, that and not being appropriately armed for the occasion. These combined traits are what's kept her alive so far.

Beyond that, Maria has been tried and tested these past handful of weeks into this nightmare; every day in this struggle to survive, every zombie she's killed, every bullet that sails whistling over her head, every night spent in constant shuddering fear, and every moment that's unkindly demanded savagery from her: all of it has hammered her mind into shape as a hard, cold steel that's as sharp as a blade. When the situation requires, she proves to be careful and analytical. Friends are few and far between, but those that become such are often trusted...to a point.

History: Born and raised in a family of five, Maria and one sister outnumbered their lone brother; as one might expect, the childish bickering between them was commonplace. Still, very few things out there could damage or sever this bond.

Maria's life proceeded normally, up to her choice in profession: having developed an affinity and interest in chemistry. It's unclear where that spark started, but when she acted upon it--chose it as her career goal--she stuck with it. Rather than let the trail end there, she made a tough decision to enter the army. Here was the real deal, where she'd be able to make a difference, put her skills to good use and afterwards build upon them. She was literally days away from completing Basic training at a boot camp when the virus struck. One way to get some experience, she'd note sourly later. Her day had begun, from the moment she woke, with screams, guttural growls and gunshots. The campgrounds painted a bloody portrait of what was to come soon, on a far greater scale. Maria snatched up whatever she could find in a rush, did not stop to help a single soul(a choice she still thinks about every day), and fled.

Within a few days, she returned to her hometown to find more of the same, women running or dead in the streets, though now the numbers were more sparse. She had a feeling she knew what happened at her parents' home, but still desperate and foolishly hopeful, she tried for it. Found her brother and father had gone mad with the virus, and one mangled, chewed-away corpse. This was the day of her life that shattered all her hopes that things might get better, and the rest of her broke down just as quickly. It took the better part of two days before she gathered the will step out of that house, glue herself back together, and trudge onward.

AurelieCatena

scribus1000

Datawych

Damn, looks like I may have missed the boat on this one. Are you still recruiting, or have things already gotten underway?

scribus1000

Of course we're recruiting, and the boat hasn't set sail. ALL ABOARD!!

Matter of fact, it's been in a state where we'd want more players to enter. I've just recently jumped on, myself.

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Datawych on November 26, 2013, 05:03:52 PM
Damn, looks like I may have missed the boat on this one. Are you still recruiting, or have things already gotten underway?

The boat is under way but we are taking new sailors at every port of call. So, if you can come up with a decent character, you are welcome on board. You only need to read, say, the last 10 or 15 posts, and the character sheets of the involved players (although I don't think Juliette has one).

For the history, this game started a long time ago under Chrystal's impulse as a group game. At some point she was not happy with what it had become and she abandoned it, along with most players. Melkart and AurelieCatena have continued it for a long time, Melkart playing several characters (some of which are no longer present). Currently, the story revolves around Juliette, Jill and Felina as they compete for dominance while trying to survive in that crazy world. Maria has just joined us, and more characters are welcome as well.

zenpai

I wonder if it possible to make Rescuee who has gone insane. a mix of both drug and her min not being able to take what happen. 
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

scribus1000

I don't think we'd have restrictions on what kind of char one could make, so long as the basic idea is met. Sorta. I'm not the GM though so I can't say for certain, but I don't see why not.

AurelieCatena

There is no more GM on this game... So, yes, any character that respects the world's rules works. Now, if the character does not fit in the existing dynamics, I guess she will soon be abandoned or killed.

The current players will have to approve it though.

scribus1000

AurelieCatena

I have updated Felina's character sheet to list her body decorations.

AurelieCatena

We would like to recruit a female survivor (=Domme), played by a female player. Anybody wants to join us?

Chrystal

Sneaky. I told you I still see updates...

............ Just so people know, every so often Aurelie tries to persuade me to come back to this group.

I started it originally on the premise that it would be a group of women in a stressful situation, basically forced to be lesbian or celebate, and if they wanted the protection of the group leader (me at the time) they would become lesbian regardless of their actual orientation.

The mistake I made was in having my character summarily execute a NPC in my first post. My intention was to create the atmosphere where justice was rough but fair. Instead it seemed to create one where gratuitous violence was the norm and anarchy ruled. When we did a sub-plot fending off an attack by a rival group, instead of capturing them alive as was my plan, someone decided to go on a killing spree. That was what turned me off.

Aurelie is tenacious and keeps asking, and i literally just said he following:

Quote from: Chrystal on December 02, 2013, 11:04:34 AM
heh. Find me a Domme lady player and I might consider moving back into the neighbourhood... No promises!

I don't sub to male players and I don't feel like playing a domme.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Sara Nilsson

what crystal said yeah, i think that is why most of us left back then. but it is nice to see it still going

scribus1000

AurelieCatena

We can still continue, if there is interest. I certainly am interested.

Visna

scribus1000

I'm iffy on it regarding interest, but I do need to read back again soon.

AurelieCatena

Would there be anyone interested to play the opposition to our ladies?

Opposition means Zombies or marauders. Those would be temporary characters as our ladies would eventually kill them or escape from them.

Of course, any new player should read about what the Zombies are in this story, and what kind of environment we are in.

Cycle

You need someone to devise zombie monsters and half-infected man-beasts whose sole purpose is to chase the women about, catch, chain them up, abuse them, and then get shot in the head?

Perfect.

Yeah.  I'm in.