Exalted 3rd ed. [Interest Check]

Started by hellrazoromega, May 27, 2016, 05:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

I have no limits on boards but extreme I would not advice. Myself would advice NC: Exotic small groups (NC as NC situations do occur in Exalted universe and it can happen to NPC's than players and exotic covers lunars, wyld mutants and horse gods knocking out maidens pregnant).

Lockepick

I have no preference. I tend to over compensate and go with Extreme just to be safe -- but doesn't matter to me!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

hellrazoromega

Think I will shoot for NC: Exotic then. I should have it up by tomorrow.

AndyZ

Can you use Charms on Counterattacks?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

VNConsort

Hi there! I was wondering how many you had and if there was room for more?  Just checking before I get worked up with creating a character! 

I can have a character sheet up by the end of tomorrow if you guys are still open to another.
Always Victorious
The Consort's Plots
O/O

Availability: June 2016, resuming activity.  Open for Roleplays

Re Z L

Quote from: VNConsort on May 30, 2016, 08:24:12 PM
Hi there! I was wondering how many you had and if there was room for more?  Just checking before I get worked up with creating a character! 

I can have a character sheet up by the end of tomorrow if you guys are still open to another.

Looks like 7 people have expressed interest so far...Omega hasn't really accepted any characters/players yet as we're still putting characters together.  He did mention that if he had 8 players he might do two circles of four.
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AndyZ on May 30, 2016, 08:11:56 PM

So far as I know you cannot use 'counter attack' charms vs other counter attacks. But otherwise there should be no limit when and how use charm (surprise attacks just mean your not aware of attack and so cannot know to use charm in time if surprised).

hellrazoromega

Quote from: AndyZ on May 30, 2016, 08:11:56 PM
You are welcome to submit a character, I think we will go with the two allied circles of 4.

AndyZ

Most of the way done with this sheet, just finishing off bonus points.

Azure Orchid's life before Exaltation was rather simple: she had no great destiny, her name was given to her because of her beauty and charismatic nature, and her peasant upbringing meant that she would simply wait to reincarnate as something better.

When she chose to stand up for one of the merchants, it wasn't even out of any sense of personal bravery or responsibility.  She'd been having a terrible day, the thugs had been harassing people for weeks now, and she honestly just wanted it to stop.  The only difference was that she didn't back down this time.

It all happened so fast, like reflexes or a dream, and all of them were dead at her feet.  The merchant screamed that she was Forsaken, and that was certainly true: all of her friends and associates abandoned her to the sudden claim for something she'd never really heard all that much about.

What she now knew without doubt, though, was that she had a responsibility to make the world a better place.  How many times had she wanted someone to stand up and make things better?  How it was her turn.

Reincarnation being what it was, there was no reason not to kill quite a few people, leaving corpses in her wake.  If someone was evil, she could just kill them, and hopefully they'd be better people next time around.  If not, well, she could always kill them again later.

It wasn't a pleasant business, but it could be rather lucrative.  When she couldn't find the owner of something, or if the people weren't willing to listen or talk to her, she could keep it for herself.  The best two cases of such were a suit of plate and chain, originally worn by another one of those people who insisted that she was Anathema and that the world would be a better place without her, and a simhata who refused to leave her side as soon as he saw her caste mark.

If not for that strange old man, she'd probably have continued on that route until she died of old age.

He stopped her easily enough, standing with an oversized mallet that was taller than he was, yet he managed to carry in both his gnarled hands.  She didn't really stop to look at him, which must be why she can't remember what he looked like.  As beautiful as the weapon was, she couldn't help but want it.  "Nice sledge," she said as she dismounted from the simhata.

"Weapons deserve proper respect," he told her with a bit too dramatic of a pose, pointing it in her direction.  "This is a Grand Goremaul, one of the Artifacts of the First Age.  Its name is Veritas."

Something about the word struck a chord with her, a way she couldn't quite define or understand, another one of those memories from a life that wasn't hers.  "Ver...i..."

Seeing her confusion, he stepped in.  "It means 'Truth,'" he explained.  "Truth is a much more powerful weapon than any sword, and I aim to beat you down with it."

He chastised her as they fought for what might have been hours, lecturing her like a child as she did her best to end the battle with a single thrust.  They spoke of reincarnation, of death, and how everyone who hunted her down was hardly worthy of reincarnation.  Many of them likewise saw her as a threat, and were important as Creation's staunch allies.  The more of them she killed, the more they'd work to hunt her down, and the weaker Creation would be as a result.

When she finally managed the final blow, he disappeared, leaving Veritas as the only sign of his former presence.  Even though she claimed the Artifact as her own, she left her sword as a sort of trade for the worthy opponent.  Had she really done the right thing in killing him?  How much important wisdom was now lost to Lethe?  It never even occurred to her that he might still be alive, watching and waiting for the next chance to put her on a proper path.

Since then, she's taken to mastering the art of fighting without killing, dispatching those who come to slay her but leaving evidence that she could have killed them were she as evil as they believed.  She still doesn't know if her current path is current, but she's still young, and her destiny has only really begun.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

hellrazoromega

OCC thread is up and you can find a link to the Character Thread there.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=250244.0

Re Z L

A&A

dscribe

Hi, I'm new to the boards and so a little unsure of the etiquette involved here; is this thread still accepting applications?  I've been interested in trying an Exalted 3rd edition game.  I have a character concept for an occult luthier (probably Twilight).  :-)

hellrazoromega

I think we are at my current limit of 8 but let me make sure that is a fact and if there is room you are welcome to join.

dscribe

Re Z L

I put most of the character sheet together, I should have the rest finished later tonight
A&A

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Re Z L on June 03, 2016, 01:53:27 PM
I put most of the character sheet together, I should have the rest finished later tonight
Cool the character thread is up, the link is in the OOC thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=250244.0

Crash

Darn, sorry I missed this.  I have never played Exalted before but I bought 3rd edition and am interested in a game.  I will lurk!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious