Getting blue screen of death!

Started by bubby, March 21, 2011, 01:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Is it a Windows issue if I can only use Windows in safe mode?

Avis habilis

Izu

It really depends though... You might try going on normal mode and if it doesn't blue screen you again, it might be a one-time bug. But sometimes the blue screen says that there are hardware problems, so it's not just the windows. Try seeing the error the blue screen gives you and google it. For example my blue screens are telling me that there are hardware problems with my system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

bubby

All right guys...thanks! I'm just gunna do a back up and have it wiped clean, since I can do that for free. Thanks for the input!

Vekseid

Erm.

Best to know what the error is before wiping it. If it's a hardware problem you'll want to resolve that. It can sometimes also be a relatively trivial software issue.

Haibane

Have you a restore point? One of those saved me from a recurring BSOD today.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Vekseid on March 22, 2011, 03:44:49 PM
Erm.

Best to know what the error is before wiping it. If it's a hardware problem you'll want to resolve that. It can sometimes also be a relatively trivial software issue.

Totally agree! I had major issues and at first diagnosis it was virus - easy diagnosis and way to hand it off to another tech. I learned it actually was a connection to the screen. An easy hardware fix that was free.

Callie Del Noire

Restore Point is your friend!

I had the PC portion of my mac glick out on me.. BSOD (a first in 3 years of running windows on it) and I rolled back, did a reinstall of the latest updates, double checked and sure enough it was a new bit of networking software I got from school that had done it.. (Bad install I expect..so I'm redownloading and trying again)

Always start small. Never just wipe and restart.. too many tears go from taht.