'Sangre Negro' Zombie Apocalypse game.(LGBT Friendly) Still Recruiting.

Started by DarkAngel111, April 09, 2015, 01:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Holmes on July 12, 2015, 08:15:32 PM
Having just binge watched The Walking Dead/ finished The Last of Us, I feel this RP is right for me  ;D
I heard you guys needed another male anyway:

Character Name: Joel Limen
Player Name: Holmes
Sex: male
Orientation: straight
Former Occupation: student/ survival instructor
Physical Features:
Height: 6'3
Weight: 245
Hair: Brown
Eyes: hazel
Special Features: Joel is very physically fit, as a result of years of working outdoors/in the gym. He also has multiple scars on his forearms from a car accident when he was younger.
Stats:
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Agility: 6
Stamina:7
Shooting:5 
Strength: 7
Dexterity: 5
Sneaking: 7
Personality: Joel is a very nice person, thanks to his parents. Though usually quite, he has very strong opinions on most things and will voice them from time to time. He is definetely not "leadership material" but can give orders if need be.
Strengths:
Extremely skilled and well practiced in outdoor survival/hunting techniques
Above average physical fitness
Moderate primitive first aid training (he can set a splint in two minutes, but knows nothing about any kind of surgery)
Weaknesses: 
He has no knowledge of the zombie outbreak, so he has no idea how to fight the zombies and will be too trusting of other humans. In addition, he has never shot a gun in is life (though he is quite skilled with a bow).
Background: Joel grew up as a normal suburban American kid. He got decent grades in school, played on the football team in high school, and got into a decent state university. When he was 19, he got into a major car accident coming home from a party. No one was seriously hurt, but he did gain multiple scars on his arms as a result. He went to college to study business like his father had, but found that his true passion was being in the outdoors. He would go camping in the state parks near his university whenever he could, but still felt like he spent too much time surrounded by civilization. He wanted to drop out of college, but his parents would not allow him to. So, he finished his degree in business and started up a small wilderness survival instruction business. It flopped almost immediately. Out of money, Joel's father offered him a job at the family resurant. Joel didn't want to take the job, but saw that it was his only chance. He felt lie a failure, knowing that he hadn't been able to make his dream job come true. However, he still felt the burning call of the wild. He compromised, telling his father that he would work for him in one year. He didn't plan on spending the year partying or traveling, instead he packed one bag full of survival gear and struck out into the wilderness of the rocky mountains.
He lost track of time and returned a year and a half later to find the world had gone to hell.
Starting Gear: 
Plain Grey T-shirt
Blue Jeans
Hiking boots + socks
hand made bow
8 stone tipped, hand made arrows
External frame hiking pack including:
tarp
100 ft of parachord
hatchet
spade
water purification pump
Magnesium block + fire striker
three changes of clothes
five pairs of socks
two water bottles
10 ft of string
small first aid kit
light weight, water proof coat + pants
GPS and hand held radio (both dead)
Character Ons/Offs:  Link in sig

So I made his background kinda unconventional on purpose. My plan is that he'll nearly die coming back into town, and run into the current group while being chased. He won't know anything about what's going on in terms of the outbreak or how it started. This makes me dropping into the RP a few months late a little easier since I'll have no idea whats going on either  ;D

I have to admit I love the character and how you have made sure it would enter in the game. Although let me tell you we plan on starting over, that is why we are waiting. The first attempt failed due to people leaving but this time I hope to wait till we have dedicated players like amarlo and carnage before we go forward, so it doesn't crash.

Holmes

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on July 13, 2015, 01:06:22 AM
I have to admit I love the character and how you have made sure it would enter in the game. Although let me tell you we plan on starting over, that is why we are waiting. The first attempt failed due to people leaving but this time I hope to wait till we have dedicated players like amarlo and carnage before we go forward, so it doesn't crash.

I'm okay to do a restart, he can still wander back into civilization having no idea what's going on. I'll keep checking back on this thread for updates.
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230163.0

Tytus

Tytus Hale

Amarlo

I don't know if he is or not. I know about a month ago we were looking to do a reboot of the game with more dedicated players.

Regardless, I'm still around :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

DarkAngel111

we are looking for writers but I am thinking we need at least 4-5 players. Active. and they need to start in a tight place if we are to keep the game going if everyone starts out on their own well then we might need at least 10 players.

Joel

I'd be down for this. 

I'm thinking of making an early game villain if that would interest you.  He'd have a small crew, but collectively the new team of good guy survivors would totally kick the villains' asses because team work and heart, yo.  At which point, I think my character could be killed or he could end up joining the other players' characters.

Tytus

I see no one has posted in OOC in several days, is this site dead or still active? If so are you looking to add writers? Looking for a home.
Tytus Hale

DarkAngel111

Mostly because I have been a bit stressed with real life things I have not been around the site much, However We are still lacking players and I can't seem to find anyone willing to write. Other than 3-4 players already here.

Tytus

Tytus Hale

DarkAngel111

Will be making a new recruitment shortly for this game. Hopefully that will win us some responses.

DarkAngel111

Since we only have 4 players. I am thinking about changing things around a little I will be working on editing the game a bit on world building thread, So I guess for now this thread is closed. I will have a new Thread up with some changes in a few days :)

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

DarkAngel111

Those of you looking for updates, you can take a look at the Game Information thread, its being edited slowly. The place where this game started off has now changed to middle of the large city. More action, and more danger :)
I will be making careful edits so no one has to change their sheets too much. :)

Question,
Group starts off in a building, what should it be?
A.) Apartments/Highrise?
B.) Shopping Mall?.
C.) Parking lot?.
D.) Abandoned Construction site?.

Amarlo

A. Apartment/High Rises.. perhaps the rooftops? Or are we talking the overall place being open. I'm guessing most of our group will start off not knowing each other and possibly just meeting up there by coincidence or something?

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

DarkAngel111

Most of the group will be formed. Can say newly formed. The have just found this building. The problem will be that the building will be surrounded by the infected. So for a day or two (in game) the players will be confined to the building, finding ways to escape.

Also if its a highrise there is doubt that the other players may find the group in that building ;)
since logic dictates be on the top floor.

DarkAngel111

For all those who are still interested in this game, We have a reboot thread up. Feel free to take a look there are only minor Changes. We are starting in a larger city now, and the group is within a mall.

Link