Nightwood Falls (2.0) - Horror Sandbox Game (Recruiting)

Started by Rel Mayer, September 03, 2015, 03:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

**Currently recruiting new players!

Nightwood Falls
2015 version of Nightwood Falls (2014). Thank you Sindra and Strangefate for getting this started last year!

In the velvet darkness.
On the blackest night. Burning Bright...
There's a Guiding Star...
No matter what or who you are...

FAQ:

What is this?
-This is a remake of the group game that took place a year ago. Since it's close to Halloween -- I like to indulge in a little bit of horror.
Gimmie a quick rundown of the setting:
-September and October monsters come alive and run around causing terror in the city. The Knowing are individuals who bring Main Characters/Victims into the town in hopes of vacations, jobs, etc. to only discover that once the night hits on September 1st, Monsters come alive. This is kinda like if you mashed American Horror Story and every single monster idea ever. It's a blank canvas for monsters and individuals.
Is it gonna be really scary?
-It'll be as scary as you want it to be! Sindra (last year) outlined horror ratings were players can state their comfort levels.
What's the difference between this one and the last one?
-This one is going to be more of a sandbox. More room for players to really do what they want to do in the horror land. Anyone can play monsters. Anyone can play victims. Anyone can play the knowing. It's really open to make whatever you want it to do.
I played last year. Is the story concept the same?
-Unfortunately no... I'm keeping the city, but I am assuming that the evil is basically alive for two months out of the year. September 1st starts the day that everything changes and the monsters are awakened. Most people who are in the town year to year will be Knowing. Main Characters/Victims will be people who are traveling through, just moved by, or... basically it's an open book as long as they don't know how haunted the place is.
Is this seasonal?
-Yes! I'm going to only keep up with it until mid-November with GM events, but you're welcome to continue posting if you're really enjoying a story with peeps!
What importance do the dates have?
-The beginning week of September is basically chaos because everything is just starting again, and everything continues to get awesome until the last week ... which leads up to Halloween and a grand event to end the hauntings, before the monsters go back into hibernation. If you have any fun ideas to put in, let me know!
What is this 'Surprise GM Event' note on my character sheet mean?
-I understand that some people love building their own stories and not having surprise or scary events pop-up on them. Because of that, you can state that you would not like GM events to interfere with your characters, or you can state that you would like to only be part of BIG events and not surprise little 'boo' instances with monsters. On the opposite side, if you do decide to participate in surprise GM events -- you can be having a normal conversation and a monster may appear out of nowhere to stir things up. It's up to you!
Who's the GM?
-That would be me, Rel Mayer. Last year Sindra and Strangefate were GMs as well, but unfortunately they're a bit busy this year. I'd like someone to help out, but it's not nessicary. If you're game, feel free to toss me a PM and we can work our some CO-GMness.
I noticed there are areas of importance. What are these?
-There are themed areas that you can have interactions. Also, they can give you ideas for characters and monsters. For instance: You may be part of the hotel staff and work under the bidding of the GM character or you could be one of the monsters who haunts the rooms. You could be one of the witches who are attending the specialty private school in the schooling. You could be some of the crazy killers who live in the Asylum. It's endless, but it gives you a lot opportunity o make your nightmares come true!
Horror Ratings?
-This is just to make sure players are comfortable. Please respect them and read about the ruling on them.
Can I make whatever I want?
-YES! Please feel free to make a bunch of victims, knowing, monsters -- whatever! The only thing that I ask is that you do not exceed the character limit of four. I'm letting it be pretty high in this game, just because players can be monsters, victims, knowing, and main characters that can fight the horror!
Smut?
-Duh! But really, smut is always welcome, but there is also a fun storytelling aspect that can be applied to this game! I'd like to personally see both.

--Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Rules:

• This is a LGBTA friendly community - show respect
  • Keep Drama out of OOC!
  • Character limit is 4 maximum (exceptions will be made if you're making Victims that are going to be killed off quickly)
  • Must use headers in all posts
  • Must respect Content Warnings
  • Must specify Hard Offs on character sheets
  • Must respect Hard Offs of characters being played with
  • Art is accepted for monsters. Main Characters, Knowning and Victims have to be real life images
  • This game falls in the EXTREME category, but we don't expect everyone to have the interests. Please pay attention to Content Warnings
  • Elliquiy's Site Roleplaying and Storytelling Rules will be followed.
  • Main Character Death/Knowing MUST be approved by GM as well as the party involved
  • Discussing potential scenes in OOC and PM is going to be crucial to make sure everyone gets the maximum enjoyment! I encourage it!

Links:

The Setting:

IC Game Time: Will start on September 1st, 2010 and will be open until September 10th, 2010.
GM Events: Will be posted in the thread with a warning on the header.

First off: You can play monsters, knowing, victims, and main characters! The maximum character count is 4, but I'll make an exception if you're just playing a bunch of victims to be killed. Hence why their character sheet is pretty short.

This is a fairly quiet town is inhabited by a cult called The Knowing - who brought back the dark spirits by summoning alive the Lake Monster. Every year monsters and horrifying people are allowed to roam free and gain their magic for two months. Beginning with September 1st once the night falls and until the morning sun on November 1st. During this time, witches get their powers back, monsters roam free, and everything terrifying exists again. The Knowing spends ten months out of the year either promoting tourism in Nightwood or getting new victims to stay in their town by opening new job requests. Sometimes they even capture people just for the occasion. 

There is a heavy fog that comes over the town every morning and sometimes in the evening, it makes it very hard to see and there can be a change of personality in some, as well as fear in weaker spirits. Some may even grow stronger when the mist comes. When the fog hits, Main Characters and Victims have limited sight and are more prone to be attacked by Monsters or The Knowing. While in the fog, Main Characters/Victims also will struggle to stay alive and figure out how to escape Nightwood Falls.

...But even if they make it to the outskirts of the town, there is no escaping Nightwood Falls until November 1st, 2010.

On September 1st, once the night falls, sirens will blare. During that time people have the option of grouping up together and fighting the monsters in the town or forest - or they have the option of facing the creatures in the mansion/safe house. Combat will be free form and abuse of weapons and abilities will be carefully watched. If you're playing a Monster and you're wanting to cause some terror, you have to approve it with the player if you want to interact with their character. This also applies to Main Characters/Victims/Knowing wanting to fight against a Monster. Please keep up with each other in OOC to avoid drama!

In the off time, it will be a sort of mystery trying to collect the pieces to discover how to undo the spell that The Knowing have place. Please keep in mind that The Knowing will be playing along with Main Characters - and Main Characters are not supposed to suspect them unless they give valid reason. The game has the opportunity for Main Characters to gang up on a potential Knowing (or even a Victim) and kill them for information, etc. This strongly depends on character interactions. Main Characters are the meat of the game, which is why I encourage you to play one!

There's also the option of some smutty sex that occur during off time between monster times - or if you're lucky, the smutty awesome still can occur during monster times. >:) The goal of this is to explore some of the smut horror themes for some, or just to just play a fun little horror/mystery story with some players who are going to respect your boundaries.

Once you enter Nightwood Falls - you can't leave. Or at least no one knows how yet. People who lived in the town are trying to figure out how. Most people are up in the Mansion trying to fend off the monsters coming, but within the mansion there are also a lot of unknowing monsters beginning to awaken.

Character Information

**If you're going to PM your CS: PM Rel Mayer for approval!
**You can also post them in the thread - so other people can see what you created.
**I urge you to make connections and figure out what you're wanting from this game! It's really an open book and you can make whatever you want of it.

Main Characters...

Main Characters - It is encouraged to have a main character.  The main characters will be the survivors attempting to make it through each of the monster attacks, gather supplies and figure out the deeper mysteries of the town.

As the town is smaller in size, characters are encouraged to at least be familiar with one another.  Character connections will really be driving the sandbox portions of the game. 

Main characters can be visitors staying at Nightwood Falls, unknowing inhabitants, or anything reasonable that you may come up with.

Keep this in mind while making your main characters: (More detailed information on Horror Ratings listed below)
**Normal: The character cannot be killed and the levels of bloodplay and pain they experience would be minimal.

**Nightmare:  The character can be serious harmed but not be killed.  The level of violence and bloodplay for this would be increased over the Normal.

**Hell: This character can be seriously harmed and killed.  The more extreme elements can be included in this category – gore, vore, snuff, dismemberment, etc. 

The Victims...

Victim characters will be another option for players to create in addition to a main character.  As the title suggests, they will likely become victims of the monsters.  Players are encouraged to play victims should they desire!

As this is an extreme game and there are expected to be deaths, the players must chose the level of harm the character can potentially come to.  (More detail on horror ratings listed below)

**Normal: The character cannot be killed and the levels of bloodplay and pain they experience would be minimal.

**Nightmare:  The character can be serious harmed but not be killed.  The level of violence and bloodplay for this would be increased over the Softcore.

**Hell: This character can be seriously harmed and killed.  The more extreme elements can be included in this category – gore, vore, snuff, etc. 

**(More information can be found below)

Because Victim characters don't have to fill out quirks or flaws, they can't aid in a fight against a monster, but they also won't weight a party down either. They're basically there for flair and reaction. :) And to be subject to different levels of torture and death if the player wishes.

Victim characters also have the potential to be turned into a monster should all of the parties involved agree (the monster player, the victim player and the GM).  It is very possible for some of the monsters (werewolves and vampires as two examples) to create more of their kind.  Alterations to character sheets would be made if/when a victim were to make the transition.

The Monsters...

Monster characters will be allowed for players, but it is encouraged to also have a main character/knowing/victim as well.  These characters will be terrorizing the town and all who reside within it.  There will be a limited number of monster slots available at any given time (two per person).  All monster characters will require GM approval.

As well, the guide above (Normal, Nightmare and Hell) will be used for monster characters to indicate how far the player is willing to have their monster go.  It is mandatory that all monster characters respect the boundaries of the victim characters at all times. 

As this is an extreme game and the GM would like the element of horror to remain intact – sexy monsters will not be accepted. This is reffering to the fact that werewolves and vampires can be monsters, but they can't look like normal people that just turn when they want to. The monsters in this game are meant to be horrifying!

There is the possibility that victim characters you create can turn into monsters as well. If you have an idea for one - please share it and we can discuss a plot device to get it going. :)

The Knowing...

The Knowing are characters that start knowing the truth about the events that led up to the monsters being freed and had some role to play in it.  These characters are designed to be hidden among the survivors and struggling to keep their secret.  Just because they helped with the monsters returning doesn't mean that the monsters will take pity on them!  Not to mention what the other people might do!

These characters are limited to one per player (at most).  These characters will be heavily scrutinized by the GM before approval.  As well, Knowing characters cannot be Main Characters as there must be the option to kill these characters.  If you are opposed to a character dying - this is not the character concept for you.

The Knowing are heavily influenced by the evil within the town from the unknown source. They are born with this bit of evil growing inside of them or are baptized later when they're accepted into the cult. The darkness speaks within them and compels them to do it's bidding. The Knowing must have a character background that is relevant to how they were put into the cult and what role they play into it.

If a Knowing is approved, the GM will be sending private messages with information.  While all information regarding the world will be available to all players out of character – the knowledge that these characters possess in game will be given to each approved Knowing.

Character Creation and Hard Offs

A character sheet will be created for the game and filled out.  However, the GM would like to make it very clear that HARD OFFS need to be listed on ALL character sheets (in addition to links to O/O's, etc).  This is not only an extreme game but a horror one and the actions of the monsters will reflect this.  However, player boundaries are very important to maintain and it is necessary to have them in an easy to see location.

Victim and Monster Rating

Normal, Nightmare and Hell notations should be on all character sheets and on each tagging post.  Please do not ask a player to move beyond what they are comfortable with in terms of their rating. It should be noted here that the game will include blood play and violence against victims.  These ratings are only meant to determine how much of these things a player is willing to have happen to their characters.  If you are not comfortable with blood and violence – this is probably not the game for you. 

Horror Ratings!

Horror Ratings

**Please note that ALL HARD OFFS must be adhered to regardless of what Horror Rating a character has**

Normal
-Minor cuts/scratches: shallow wounds that might bleed mildly.
-Minor Burns: 
-Physical Beating: Being punched, kicked, etc
-Blood: Minor amounts of blood (meaning that the character might bleed from injuries)

Other things that fall into this category would be other minor injuries or harm that could come to a character. 

Nightmare
-Deep Wounds:  Cuts and scratches can go much deeper and have longer lasting effects
-Major burns: Both in the context of more bodily coverage and more painful
-Physical Beating:  As above but harder and could land in broken bones
-Blood: A lot more blood letting can happen in this category.  Including spurts or gushing blood
-Mild Physical, Mental or Emotional torture: forced pain and prolonged pain can begin in this category.

This is the most broad category.  Anything that doesn't fall into the Hell category but is too dark for the
Normal category. 

Hell
-Extreme Gore: elements of gore that could include massive bloodiness, organs, etc
-Vore: Nom nom nom
-Snuff
-Extreme Torture
-Multilation
-Cannibalism

Special Thread - Hell

Hell As many people don't care to read about the more extreme actions, the GM is going to create a thread that is entirely for the Hell(ish) interactions that start kinda crazy and will end rather crazy. This is up for players to decide, because I'm going to be enforcing people to use their content warnings for other scenes. This thread would be used for very Hellish Smut Scenes and the like.  All character interactions that include these themes should be posted in the Special Thread rather than the characters current location. 

So basically, if you have a very CLOSED interaction with another player that's very Extreme, put it in this thread.

Sex

As in most games on E, there's the option for characters to have sex in this game.  Characters, as always, can engage in any kind of sexual relationship they want to with other characters (provided that both players are willing).

Most of the potential sexual relations between characters and monsters will likely be Non-Con.  If a character wants to have sex with a tentacle monster, the details can be worked out with the player (or GM) posting for that monster.  Please bear in mind that it is unlikely that monsters will catch a victim, force itself on said victim and let them go! 

I don't mind smut in my games and actually encourage it. I know this is one of my favorite themes to write smut in, so please feel free to test the waters and indulge! But, with that being said, there is also a story telling and horror aspect to this game. So, please respect other players that want to tell a story and don't want to indulge in monster sexy-times all the time! 

The History

Nightwood Falls is a small quiet town in the middle two mountains. The weather is mostly chilly during this time of the year, enough to warrant long sleeves and a light jacket. Every morning a thick fog rolls in over the lake and coats the area, but people seem mostly quiet and reserved. The population is just over one thousand and during autumn they get a range of visitors who come in to fish at the lake, relax at the famous Crescent Hotel, or so some local sightseeing. There is even a university that only select applicants get accepted into, but they keep to themselves. They're very quiet on what they're researching, but some are rumored that this schooling is for exceptional 'gifted' individuals (witches and warlocks). The inhabitants of the town seem very welcome to visitors that come in and offer a variety of things for them to do: fishing, bike riding, hiking through the forests, shopping at the local shops, fine dining near the lake. It's a perfect place for a newly wed couple to spend their honeymoon... or  soeveryone thought.

There is a bit of an odd history when it comes to Nightwood Falls. Puritans once believes that this place was cursed and certain people were deemed 'unholy' and were haunted with dark magic. The believed that the only way to cleanse the land was to gather up men, women, and children who they believed with blessed with dark spirits and not part of their religions and then decided to burn them next to the lake. Hundreds of people were killed that day and ever since then their spirits and bodies are rumored to haunt the land. Trying to live out the life that was taken from them - angered that their innocent lives were taken. Legend has it that this anger has haunted the land for many years and they can hear their screams and moans within the mist that sets over the town.

Even though it's not spoken of much in the news, there have been a variety of 'odd' occurrences happening during September and October over the past few years. People falling into the lake during the middle of the night and drowning, people falling off cliffs and snapping their necks, car crashes from the fog, suicides, and some people even whisper of murders.What is especially odd is every decade something tragic happens. Ten years ago a school burned down in the middle of the day - students and teachers unable to escape, before that a factory burned to the ground, and before then a plague swept across and killed hundreds of people. This was never enough to warrant an investigation. The town continued keep this out of the news so people who come to visit Nightwood Falls and fall in love with its quaint charm. People do decide to settle in the area among The Knowing and the normal inhabitants. The town police seem to keep a fairly relaxed state on the town, just so it can keep it's small and quiet town feeling.

The truth is, everyone who is a resident of this town for over a year is very aware of the 'strange' occurances and actually promote strangers to come in and visit during tourist time in September and October. It's right when the leave start to change... as well as other things.

That is of course, except for The Knowing. The Knowing are a select group of people who once believed that the lake is blessed with a demon of darkness. In their beliefs it's said that on October 1st, 2009 a magical darkened spirit would come over the land. All of their blood spit and sacrifices would finally manifest and bring the rise of monsters. To prepare the land for this - they have been slowly murdering and kidnapping people. Feeding it to the darkness of the lake in hopes to please it so the spirit so it will come alive on October 1st, 2009.

And it worked.

The awakened the beast, but not for long. The Knowing discovered that the beast, who feeds the various monsters and evil magics, only awakens for two months out of the year. Depending on the slaughter from the previous years, depends on how strong the magic would be. The Knowing like to make sure there are plenty of new 'members' of the community who are unaware of the change that happens in Nightwood Falls in the months of September and October. Often, they are aiding of the monsters.

Although the Knowing worships the darkness and the monsters. They are not immune, the only advantage they have is that they're aware of the monsters and prepared to face them.

The Knowing:

The history of the knowing is that they've been around in this town for many years. They're established figures in the community, the mayor, the sheriff, owner and operator of the hotel, rich folk who own mansions, and principals in schools. Everyone who has been in Nightwood Falls for over a year is a Knowing and promote to get people to join or get people to be sacrifices for the ritual that takes place for two months out of the year. They've been established for generation upon generation and over time more people have traveled to Nightwood Falls. These people also believed in the darkness of the lake to join and wanted to join The Knowing. To join the knowing - they had to offer live and blood sacrifices to the lake that meant more than strangers. Currently, they're spread out on their different areas of town and waiting to reunite to prepare for the darkness that is about to overcome Nightwood Falls.

The Knowing are keeping monsters deep within the forest and even some of them are in the university. The monsters are fairly weak or dead, but they come alive from September 1st to November 1st. It is also rumored that some of these monsters are the previous people who were captured and killed by The Knowing. Planning on reincarnating these people into the most terrifying sights known to man. It's also possible that some of these monsters are actually experiments gone wrong by the mad scientists at the college. No matter, the Knowing are constantly bringing in haunted artifacts that can turn into monsters during their sacred time.

Random Bits of Info:

Monsters:

You'll want to have a lair that your Monster generally hangs out in. Just to make it easier and give it a theme, of course, you don't have to. It's just a suggestion!

Monsters are your creative canvas. Feel free to do whatever you want! :) The only thing is that I don't want you to make overly powerful monsters that can kill you with a glance. Please make them believable and fun for people to interact with. I may be a bit more strict approving monsters, but I will always offer you an alternative.

The Knowing:

-If you want to have a knowing. Please keep in mind that they have to have a good reason for being recognized by the cult to join and what they had to sacrifice to join.
-These people are baptized within the lake once they join.
-They are doing this because it's what they believe and they're going to be granted more power in the after life.
-They also are just dark individuals who enjoy watching people suffer for various reasons.

Particular Higher End Professions Taken:
Owner and Operator of the Crescent Hotel - Rel Mayer
OPEN

Here are the character sheet outlines if you want to start making your characters! Remember! It is encouraged to make a main character! You can make a knowing, up to two monsters, and as many victims as you want! Please PM or write in this thread if you have any questions. I'll be glad to answer! I also will put in a spoiler some of my characters - so you can get an idea of what to expect.

Main Character/Monster/Knowing Sheet:

Code ( Main Character/Knowing/Monster Sheet) Select
[float=right][img height=500 padding=5]YOUR IMAGE GOES HERE![/img][/float][b]Name[/b]:

[b]Age[/b]: (Must be 16+)

[b]Character Type[/b]: Main Character/Knowing/Monster

[b]Occupation[/b]: What does your character do? Are they from out of town? Do they work in town? (If Monster: Please include where the Lair is at. Make sure that no other approved monster has claimed this lair.)

[b]Physical Description[/b]: Short description. Anything that the picture may not say.

[b]Personality[/b]: Describe their general mannerisms.

[b]History[/b]: How did they end up in Nightwood Falls? What are they currently doing here? If you apply for The Knowing - this needs to be heavily focused on how they came into play.

[b]Quirks:[/b] Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Flaws[/b]: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Link your O&O[/b]: Link your O&Os

[b]Specify Ons[/b]: Mostly anything particular you would like to encounter.

[b]Specify Hard Offs[/b]: [i]Be Specific[/i] - If you enjoy Gore, but you don't want to see eyeballs popping out, say it. GM may ask you to clarify exactly what your hard OFFs are.

[b]Sexuality[/b]: Self Explanatory. Also include nature if you wish to.

[b]Content Level:[/b] Normal/Nightmare/Hell - Select the highest category you will participate in.

[b]Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell)[/b]: Can your character die? If you pick Monster/Knowing - then answer is automatically 'yes'. Degree of death refers to how your character may be allowed to die. Normal being quick and painless, nightmare being specific to your O&Os, and hell meaning almost up for anything (vore, extreme gore, etc.)

[b]Face Claim?[/b]: Not necessary, but if you have a face claim list it here.

[b]Surprise GM Events?[/b]: This is a Yes/No Answer. View FAQ for questions, and feel free to define it more, if you'd like.

[b]Connections?[/b]: Treat this as your Classified Area or the Area where you can list your connections! Write in what you're wanting out of this character, possible plot changes, how you want them to die? Etc.

NPC/Victim Sheets:

Code ( NPC/Victim Sheets) Select

[float=right][img height=400 padding=5][/img][/float][b]Name[/b]: First and Last

[b]Age[/b]: (16+)

[b]Occupation[/b]: What do they do?

[b]Character Type[/b]: NPC or Victim

[b]Brief History[/b]: Just a paragraph of so giving this character some flair.

[b]Who can play?[/b]:

[b]Sexuality[/b]:

[b]Surprise GM Events?[/b]: Check the FAQ! This would be a Yes/No answer, and you can always define it more if you'd like.

IF VICTIM:

[b]Link O&Os[/b]:

[b]Sexual ONs[/b]:

[b]Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):][/b]

[b]Specify Hard OFFs[/b]:

[b]Connections?[/b]: Treat this as your Classified Area or the Area where you can list your connections! Write in what you're wanting out of this character, possible plot changes, how you want them to die? Etc.

Norwegian One

*pushes a big crate of monsters into the room* I am interested in this ;D
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

scribus1000

I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Black Howling

aorangi3

So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 03, 2015, 03:36:43 PM
*pushes a big crate of monsters into the room* I am interested in this ;D

Same ones from last time?!

Quote from: scribus1000 on September 03, 2015, 03:56:44 PM
Hmmm....I'll bookmark for now.

Quote from: Black Howling on September 03, 2015, 05:17:36 PM
Tentative interest.

I understand if you two are a bit busy! Totally hope to see you here though!

Quote from: aorangi3 on September 03, 2015, 05:40:00 PM
posting interest for a victim and a monster

Sweet action! Have any ideas so far?

aorangi3

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 03, 2015, 09:09:10 PM
Same ones from last time?!

I understand if you two are a bit busy! Totally hope to see you here though!

Sweet action! Have any ideas so far?

Yes, i am thinking of a Monster that was developed as a victim like in Red Dragon, that sequel to Hannibal. and my Victim is really a monster, so that when he dies or is murdered in a hellish fashion, everyone will want this more than likely because he is a nasty individual.
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: aorangi3 on September 03, 2015, 09:12:22 PM
Yes, i am thinking of a Monster that was developed as a victim like in Red Dragon, that sequel to Hannibal. and my Victim is really a monster, so that when he dies or is murdered in a hellish fashion, everyone will want this more than likely because he is a nasty individual.

Ooo! I do love ideas like that.

I have a Monster template sheet made, if you want to take a stab at it! I have some of my character sheets already completed, but... I''ll have to make some tweeks. I'll post them here shortly to give people an idea if they're interested!

Blue Nova

You can count me in!  ;D

It will be October by the time we get to the good stuff on this too  >:)

Norwegian One

Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Blue Nova on September 03, 2015, 10:58:52 PM
You can count me in!  ;D

It will be October by the time we get to the good stuff on this too  >:)

They'll be good stuff throughout!! :P

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 04, 2015, 12:12:21 AM
*grins evilly*

Check the OOC! I linked the old Monster Character Sheet threads.

Norwegian One

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 04, 2015, 09:01:10 AM
Check the OOC! I linked the old Monster Character Sheet threads.

Most of the links in the first post seem to be broken :)

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 04, 2015, 09:37:48 AM
Most of the links in the first post seem to be broken :)

Yes! All of them besides the OOC is broken. I kinda put them there as templates until the game starts!

Quote from: Wolfling72 on September 04, 2015, 09:47:42 AM
pokes this one too *nods*

* Rel Mayer pokes the Wolfling... because she can!

Norwegian One

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 04, 2015, 11:10:54 AM
Yes! All of them besides the OOC is broken. I kinda put them there as templates until the game starts!

The OOC link is broken for me as well o.o It only takes me to E's front page.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 04, 2015, 11:16:21 AM
The OOC link is broken for me as well o.o It only takes me to E's front page.

Derp derp derp, thanks! Lemme fix it!

Wolfling72

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 04, 2015, 11:10:54 AM

* Rel Mayer pokes the Wolfling... because she can!

* Wolfling72 ish poked because it's Rel...likes it!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

smokindriver

Victim.  Traveler there on business.  Staying at the hotel.
“I have seen the best of you, and the worst of you, and I choose both.”
― Sarah Kay

Black Howling

Managed to dig up my old character. Consider it a rough draft, though, since I'm not sure if Gnothi wanted to revamp some stuff on the siblings first.

Micheal White
Name: Micheal White

Character Type: Main Character

Physical Description: Micheal stands just under six feet tall, with an athletically toned body. He has only two tattoos, a cross on his left bicep and a rattlesnake on the underside of his right forearm. His typical tastes in clothes are simple, blue jeans and plain colored shirts. His taste in jackets runs more expensive, however, and it's very rare in the winter to see him off duty without a high quality leather jacket.

Personality: A rough exterior, and sarcastic wall of humor seems to surround Micheal. To most, this is often off putting enough that they don't try to dig much further. But, if they did bother what they would find would be the classic mister nice guy. One that has been burned enough times he hates that side of his personality.

History: Growing up, Micheal was always pushed to be the responsible sibling in the family. With his sister often in the clouds, his parents pushed him to protect and watch out for her. Lot of good that did him, especially after one night of cheering her up and she just took off and left. He honestly wasn't bothered then, times weren't bad. He attended medical school in the large town just outside, volunteering on his off times as a firefighter hoping it'd help him land a job. And it did, after two years of medical school packed with three as a volunteer, he was welcomed as a full time employee nearly right away. And that's when things got bad.

Sickness struck his family, and before long Micheal found his entire life turned upside down. Between his job and trying to play caretaker, he knew everything was gonna fall apart. Yet despite that, he wouldn't call his sister in to help any. He wasn't gonna do that to her, until of course their father died of an aneurysm, one supposedly linked to his time in the war. With his mother's health continuing to fall, and a good reason with his father, he tried reaching out to his sis. If bone marrow analysis could match it, his mother would have survivor benefits and the care she needed for the rest of her life.

Things, however, didn't go as he'd hoped. It was only after their mother was on her death bed that Micheal got a hold of Madison. He planned to lay into her soon after seeing her face, but couldn't bring himself to. Especially not with the situation of their mother. Even now, on their trip back from burying her he can't seem to release his emotions on the situation. He's angry, knowing had she been there this could have been prevented. But she's still his sister, and he feels he can't lay the blame on her. Little does he know, the town of Nightwood falls might just have other plans. A rest on the way home gone bad, and trapped with the last person he both loves and to a point loathes.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Medical Knowledge: Aside from being a trained and experienced paramedic, Micheal was a VERY good student. He knows more then just what his job requires. And with the knowledge of Emergency Medical, he can further put that to use with less then standard equipment.
  • Rough and Tumble: Micheal was always a rough kid, and that's only increased as he's grown older. Bare knuckle boxing was a favored sport as a child, and his life as a firefighter has gifted him with a lot of endurance and strength. As well as a more then basic concept of using melee weaponry, even if he doesn't know it.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Nice Guy: While often viewed as a merit, this is not something that's ever been a boon to him. He'll more often then not stick his neck out for others. This isn't even touching the medical oath he took when he became a parametric, one he takes very seriously.
  • Big Brother Complex: Micheal never stopped being big brother. He always has to take care of someone, or everyone if he thinks the situation calls for it. This can make him anything from endearing, to absolutely annoying. Especially when he thinks he should be in charge, because 'he knows best'.

Link your O&O: Linkage

Specify Ons: Up for most anything.

Specify Hard Offs: Nothing goes up his ass! Other then that, skies the limit.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Content Level: Hell!!!

Death? Possibly, if discussed first and climatic to the story as a whole.

Face Claim?: Chris Evans

Garuss Vakarian

*Jump's around excitedly!* WOOOP WOOP! Oh, drats. Dam that hype train. >_< Cant help myself sometimes sorry. xD

Rel Mayer

Quote from: smokindriver on September 04, 2015, 12:02:49 PM
Victim.  Traveler there on business.  Staying at the hotel.

Awesome! Would love to see the character concept you're coming up with!

Quote from: Black Howling on September 04, 2015, 12:12:19 PM
Managed to dig up my old character. Consider it a rough draft, though, since I'm not sure if Gnothi wanted to revamp some stuff on the siblings first.

Micheal White
Name: Micheal White

Physical Description: Micheal stands just under six feet tall, with an athletically toned body. He has only two tattoos, a cross on his left bicep and a rattlesnake on the underside of his right forearm. His typical tastes in clothes are simple, blue jeans and plain colored shirts. His taste in jackets runs more expensive, however, and it's very rare in the winter to see him off duty without a high quality leather jacket.

Personality: A rough exterior, and sarcastic wall of humor seems to surround Micheal. To most, this is often off putting enough that they don't try to dig much further. But, if they did bother what they would find would be the classic mister nice guy. One that has been burned enough times he hates that side of his personality.

History: Growing up, Micheal was always pushed to be the responsible sibling in the family. With his sister often in the clouds, his parents pushed him to protect and watch out for her. Lot of good that did him, especially after one night of cheering her up and she just took off and left. He honestly wasn't bothered then, times weren't bad. He attended medical school in the large town just outside, volunteering on his off times as a firefighter hoping it'd help him land a job. And it did, after two years of medical school packed with three as a volunteer, he was welcomed as a full time employee nearly right away. And that's when things got bad.

Sickness struck his family, and before long Micheal found his entire life turned upside down. Between his job and trying to play caretaker, he knew everything was gonna fall apart. Yet despite that, he wouldn't call his sister in to help any. He wasn't gonna do that to her, until of course their father died of an aneurysm, one supposedly linked to his time in the war. With his mother's health continuing to fall, and a good reason with his father, he tried reaching out to his sis. If bone marrow analysis could match it, his mother would have survivor benefits and the care she needed for the rest of her life.

Things, however, didn't go as he'd hoped. It was only after their mother was on her death bed that Micheal got a hold of Madison. He planned to lay into her soon after seeing her face, but couldn't bring himself to. Especially not with the situation of their mother. Even now, on their trip back from burying her he can't seem to release his emotions on the situation. He's angry, knowing had she been there this could have been prevented. But she's still his sister, and he feels he can't lay the blame on her. Little does he know, the town of Nightwood falls might just have other plans. A rest on the way home gone bad, and trapped with the last person he both loves and to a point loathes.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Medical Knowledge: Aside from being a trained and experienced paramedic, Micheal was a VERY good student. He knows more then just what his job requires. And with the knowledge of Emergency Medical, he can further put that to use with less then standard equipment.
  • Rough and Tumble: Micheal was always a rough kid, and that's only increased as he's grown older. Bare knuckle boxing was a favored sport as a child, and his life as a firefighter has gifted him with a lot of endurance and strength. As well as a more then basic concept of using melee weaponry, even if he doesn't know it.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Nice Guy: While often viewed as a merit, this is not something that's ever been a boon to him. He'll more often then not stick his neck out for others. This isn't even touching the medical oath he took when he became a parametric, one he takes very seriously.
  • Big Brother Complex: Micheal never stopped being big brother. He always has to take care of someone, or everyone if he thinks the situation calls for it. This can make him anything from endearing, to absolutely annoying. Especially when he thinks he should be in charge, because 'he knows best'.

Link your O&O: Linkage

Specify Ons: Up for most anything.

Specify Hard Offs: Nothing goes up his ass! Other then that, skies the limit.

Content Level: Hell!!!

Death? Possibly, if discussed first and climatic to the story as a whole.

Face Claim?: Chris Evans

Sweet, just PM me or let me know when they're finished! They look great right now though!

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on September 04, 2015, 12:43:04 PM
*Jump's around excitedly!* WOOOP WOOP! Oh, drats. Dam that hype train. >_< Cant help myself sometimes sorry. xD

Woo woo! :D Yay!

Rel Mayer

Important:

So, I opened the Approved Knowing/Victim/Main Character thread and the Approved Monsters thread.

If you don't mind posting your characters again (if you're reusing the same ones from last year) or you can PM them to me. Also, if you're making something new. Just toss them my way in the Interest Thread or here I can browse them and approve them!

Thanks!

Norwegian One

I reposted both of my monster characters in the OOC thread :P

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 04, 2015, 01:19:44 PM
I reposted both of my monster characters in the OOC thread :P

I saw! You should be good to post them up!

Garuss Vakarian

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 04, 2015, 01:14:17 PM

Woo woo! :D Yay!

*Get's even more ridiculous as he High fives Rel.* Ya, glad your ready for horror! Cuz this pain train gots no breaks! *Chuu chuu.* xD . In all seriousness glad to be on board. Now that I sent ya my Main character I Will be making my monster soon Rel. Just wanna respond to G PAW first. :D

scribus1000

Reading through the previous group game...I already have a monster in mind, but am curious about how the last game progressed :)
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on September 04, 2015, 08:39:50 PM
*Get's even more ridiculous as he High fives Rel.* Ya, glad your ready for horror! Cuz this pain train gots no breaks! *Chuu chuu.* xD . In all seriousness glad to be on board. Now that I sent ya my Main character I Will be making my monster soon Rel. Just wanna respond to G PAW first. :D

Sweet. I got your PM and will respond back when I get some free time today!

Quote from: scribus1000 on September 04, 2015, 10:55:42 PM
Reading through the previous group game...I already have a monster in mind, but am curious about how the last game progressed :)

The last game was more group GM based (like GPAW), but this round I will be doing individual monster hauntings to stalled groups or letting people plot and have fun in the setting as they seem fit!

Basically, more freedom to do what you want! So, we will have a chunk of the game as an 'opening and monsters alive' and then sometime in a October a grand GM Halloween event to take place IC, but other than that -- it's going to depend on how organically the group progresses!

Rel Mayer

Heya! If you sent me a sheet in PM, I am going through them tonight and approving them!

For everyone else: Still recruiting everyone and everything! :) Would love to see more people!

King Serperior

After some thought, I think I will join in.  However, I will NOT promise fast posts as I am fairly busy.  So, let me bring in a new monster:

Name:  Dr. Samuel Parker / Sewer Beast

Character Type: Monster

Occupation: Before the 'incident,' he lived on the edge of town;  After the 'incident' he lives in the sewers, hiding from the over-world.

Physical Description:  Think of a Werewolf, but replace all wolfish features with that of a giant rat!  Sewer Beast is six feet tall and is often hunched over.  It weighs almost 300 pounds and has a muscular, 5ft tail.  It's arms are very long and very strong allowing it to rip into flesh with ease.  It's hands and feet end with thick, sharp claws.  Sewer Beast's teeth are jagged and sharp, able to chew through nearly anything.  Sewer Beast's body is covered with short, tough fur of a grey-black color.  Under that fur, it is very muscular.

Personality: Persistent and hungry, the Sewer Beast has lost all traces of what he was before.  It likes to stalk it's prey through the dark corridors of the sewers until the time is right for the kill.

History: For most of his life, Dr. Samuel Parker was one of the most well-respected scientists and doctors in the country, making numerous breakthroughs in medical technology.  However, everything changed when he learned that he had cancer at the age of 40.  From then on, he became a recluse, hiding away in his home looking for a cure with a manic obsession borderline insane.  Over those ten years, he experimented on rats, realizing that they seemed to resist the kind of cancer that he had.  At the age of 60, knowing that his time was running short, he felt he had no option but to use his untested cure on himself.  At first, the cure was a success as he observed his advanced cancer quickly reside in less than a week.  However, as he was writing his paper that would grant him worldwide fame, something happened and he blacked out.

Years later, the good doctor would be reported missing, his home in shambles, as if there had been some kind of struggle.  None of his notes survived and all of his rats had died.  It would be marked down as foul play.  Meanwhile, in the city, there would be rumors of a large rat-like creature roaming the sewer systems and more than one homeless person had gone missing.....

Quirks:

• Rat-Like Survival:  Like a rat, the Sewer Beast can squeeze it's body into surprisingly small spaces.  It can fall from a surprising height and survive.  It can swim for a surprisingly long time and can chew through nearly anything with ease.  It can climb all but the most sheer surfaces with ease, crawling up a vertical wall as if it were running across the ground.
  • Senses:  Acute hearing and smell as well as night vision allow it to be one of the most deadly creatures in tight, dark, closed-in spaces.
  • Silence and Speed:  Like a rat, the Sewer Beast can move extremely quietly, allowing it to ambush the unexpected.  All one can see is a shadow, a blur in the darkness, when it moves underground.
  • Thumbs:  Possessing thumbs, the Sewer Beast can open doors with ease.
  • Mobility:  As the sewer system extends throughout the city, the Sewer Beast can go anywhere, making quick escapes and appearing without warning.

Flaws:

• Guns and Knives:  Despite it's speed and strength, the Sewer Beast is but a fusion between man and rat, thus it is very vulnerable to guns.  Though it's thick skin makes it resistant to stabbing, it can still be wounded by bladed weapons.
  • Sensitive eyes and ears:  Bright lights and loud noises can stun the Sewer Beast due to it's living underground for many years.
  • Toxins:  Rats don't have a gag-reflex, thus cannot vomit.  So, if a toxin is somehow consumed, it will eventually die of it with no way to expel it from its body.
  • Fire:  Has an innate fear of flames.  While a torch won't keep it at bay for long, it may just be what the survivor needs to get away.
  • Size:  The Sewer Beast will not fight something that is larger than it, so if there is another, larger monster or if the Survivor can make themselves seem larger, the Sewer Beast may not attack (Note:  If the Sewer Beast somehow discovers the survivor's trick of seeming bigger, that trick will not work again).

Link your O&O: Here

Specify Ons: There will be nothing remotely sexual relating to the Sewer Beast.

Specify Hard Offs: Keep the scat out and we're good since nothing sexual will ever happen with the Sewer Beast.

Sexuality: N/A

Content Level: Hell

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): YES (Hell)

Face Claim?: N/A

Surprise GM Events?: Yes, let the Sewer Beast cause problems for any and everyone!

Connections?: Some older residents may know of the Doctor before he disappeared.  Some of the younger residents may know of the rumors of the creature that lives in the sewers.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Rel Mayer

Love the science experiment gone wrong! I may have to do something with the college of mad scientists,  for this character to roam around in!

Needless to say, I am excited you're joining us, KS, and don't worry about a slow post rate! :)

... Oh and your monster is totally approved!

Rel Mayer

Going to be posting this in the OOC and Recruitment thread: Here is Isabella Chung. She's the leader of the Knowing cult and if you need a connection on where your traveling character is staying or employed -- this is your gal!

I'd also like someone to play the dark man/woman, but... no worries if not! Thought I would throw that advisement out there:

Name: Isabella Chung

Character Type: The Knowing

Occupation: Owner and Manager of Crescent Hotel - Leader of the Knowing Cult

Physical Description: Pictures says it all. She usually is dressed in short tight dresses with heels that cover her feet. Her make-up is always perfect with dark red lips and thick cat eye eyeliner. She usually greets people with smiles and wears darker colors of the rainbow, but there is something about her stare that is almost eerie. Almost like she can see into people and know exactly what haunts their dreams at night. She also is obsessed with antique clothing and usually wears thick velvet dresses, and loves to layer various clothing pieces together.

Personality: Isabella is possibly one of the more social and accepting people in the town, but she also has a mysterious look to her eyes. She always appears very social, charismatic, loving, and generally pleasant in the face of the town. But when she closes the door to her own penthouse at the top of the hotel - something interesting happens. Darkness compliments the shadows of her face and her smiles grow even wider. Her sweet laughter becomes almost chilling to be bone, and she usually looks at her future victims with such excitement. Isabella is the leader of the Knowing, usually directing everything from the comfort of her very large hotel. She's forgiving to those she trusts, but she knows a lot. Probably because her antique bring her much knowledge from the past, and she's not always willing to share. Normal people see her as a welcoming face that sometimes has a devilish smirk in her eyes, but when people get to know her... they notice that she's obsessed with torture, especially the old ways, and nothing brings pleasure to her mind and body like watching the monsters come alive and tear everyone apart.

History:

Isabella was born and raised in Nightwood Falls before the curse plagued it year to year. Her parents decided to settle there after visiting on their honeymoon and found that the place was rather sweet and quaint. They enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of being able to go down to the lake and fish. They thought the townspeople were always so nice and friendly. Isabella easily grew up in this town with the same charismatic personality as her mother and her father, but there was always something dark inside of her that she couldn't place. Part of her thought she was obsessed with the old ways, which is why she was so drawn to antiques -- especially ones that came from tragedies or rumored to be possessed by dark spirits. Still, she was able to keep those dark thoughts hidden inside of her, unknowing that evil spirits from the lake were summoning her the day she was born to indulge in the darkness.

She married at a young age and had a pleasantly nice relationship with the man. He owned the Crescent Hotel and decided to allow Isabella to manage the outward face of the hotel, while he managed the business and the money. For the most part, things ran smoothly until one day a particular dark individual decided to check in.  Isabella was drawn to him instantly. This dark man compelled something deep and dark inside of her that she had been pushing down for so many years. In her own special way -- this was her awakening, as they both shared a dark confession. Drawn to each other for unknown reasons, until it was obvious. He showed her that something she collected through the years was the end piece of a puzzle that the dark monster within the lake needed to finally open the portal to hell. The man began to show her the ways of Nightwood Falls and eventually introduced her to other Knowing individuals who were also trying to bring back the darkness. Everything at this point felt so natural, almost as if the spirit inside of her was at home working alongside these other Knowing officials in the Cult, as the dark man continued to bring more people into the town to finish the job.

The obsession of death began to metastasize inside of her and so did her lust for the man... but she was married. Her family would frown on divorce and although she was content with her life, she would have done anything to keep the dark spirit inside of her healthy. Then she was given an offer she couldn't refuse, the ability to bring the monsters to life in Nightwood, the ability to be with the dark man, and the power. The Knowing cult noticed that Isabella had collected, consciously and unconsciously so many dark things that could turn into monsters once the beast was awakened. If she made her own sacrifice, not only would she complete the goal that the knowing worked so hard for to please the dark beast within the lake, but she would also have influential power over the cult. The price was easy to pay, her mother, father, and ex-husband easily found their bloody death on the top of ancient artifacts as the Cult summoned the dark. Feeding the dark spirit within the lake and awakening the power.

At first, the Knowing thought that this would grant them eternal life into the darkness, but then they realized that the sacrifice wasn't enough. But with more blood, the longer the monsters would stay. Trial and error finally lead them to discover that if they shed enough blood the previous year, then they could keep the monsters alive for two whole months. Eventually, with the goal, they wish to shed enough blood to keep Nightwood haunted throughout the year, but they haven't quite discovered how to... yet. Isabella stays as a face of the Knowing, trying to keep them together and keep everything organized to bring innocent victims into Nightwood every year.

Although now she appears as the Widow running the Crescent hotel, but publicly she appears as a single window who is just happily enjoying her job and lifestyle. Little people know about her connection to the Dark Man, even if they desire to be with each other publicly, they can only do so within the two months out of the year in the blood bath of horror and terror... and honestly -- they would have it no other way.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and even with the flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. If you want to have weapons - that has to count as one of your quirk.

• Always Positive - The woman never has a smile that leaves her face, even if it's a smaller smile at times. She is always very happy and because of this optimism she can usually find a safe solution to things. Isabella's positivism also makes her seem like a sweet woman who would never do harm to others.
  • Resource of House and Money - Her hotel does very well and gets a lot of positive reviews and tourism. From this she has a bit of money and the ability to house people in her home and money to make life easier.
  • Quick thinker- The woman is resourceful and can usually come up with a solution very fast. She's very influential within the Knowing in this way.
  • The Collection- Isabella has quite the collection of old artifacts that she can use to either summon more monsters or research other dark spells.

Flaws: Must have 2+. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Easily Influenced- The woman doesn't have much of a backbone and if she likes someone enough she will do anything they ask of her. If she also is interested in someone - she will easily adapt to their ways, even if it would harm her life
  • Not Physically Strong- Obviously this woman doesn't have much meat on her and she doesn't have a lot of strength. In a combat situations he would completely be useless.
  • Addicted to Pain- She loves feeling pain. She loves being tortured and it can cause her a bit of a problem when it comes to her life being on the line.
  • Love- She's a romantic by heart and loves deeply, but it can also blind her from what her true goal is.

List your O&O: Rel Mayer's O&Os

Specify Ons: Everything. Special influence on cannibalism, torture, blood play, enjoys pain, gore, and vore when she dies.

Specify Hard Offs: Open - With the exception of anything sexual having to do with worms or maggots.

Sexuality: Bisexual and promiscuous.

Death?: Automatic Yes

Face Claim?:Ni Ni

Surprise GM Events?: Yes, please!

Connections: I'd like someone to play The Knowing Man/Woman. I could really let it go either way, but that's the connection I'd like out of her. Knowing should know her or have an opinion of her, so please contact me if you want to hash that out! Also, if you're looking to stay or get employed -- they would also know her too!

King Serperior

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 08, 2015, 08:40:39 AM
Love the science experiment gone wrong! I may have to do something with the college of mad scientists,  for this character to roam around in!

Needless to say, I am excited you're joining us, KS, and don't worry about a slow post rate! :)

... Oh and your monster is totally approved!
Glad you like it!  I'll send it over to the monster thread!   :D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: King Serperior on September 08, 2015, 11:51:40 AM
Glad you like it!  I'll send it over to the monster thread!   :D

You. are. the. best!

In other news:

I'd really love some more female characters to balance out the sexes! No worries if not, because we do have that whole... monster race that doesn't really have a sex (most of the time), but I just noticed the lack of female victims and would love some more!

Either way, male or female characters with any sexuality, everyone is still welcome to put something together and join!

Crasey

Heya. I pulled out these pieces of myself and it didn't hurt too much. You want 'em?

Show more...
Name: Jessica Maly

Occupation: Remaining shut away in her recently purchased home, Jessica has yet to truly become involved in the town. With her capital, she could easily start a business with a bang, but she is plainly not the entrepreneurial type. Whispers tend to be that she probably won't do anything but continue to be crazy, and probably cultivate a cat collection.

Physical Description: A tall, yet soft-seeming woman, in form as much as style, she's prone to causing some consternation among those who much prefer to know what to make of a person. With a face that rarely betrays more than a distant reverie, and body language that is slow and aimless, she is at once beautiful and distinctly not right.

Personality: Seemingly stuck in a limbo between here and somewhere else, it's apparent to most that Jessica is perhaps not entirely as lucid as others. But while not quick or assertive, she is also not dull. Her input is thoughtful when it comes, albeit often strangely detached. And while fragile, she is anything but skittish, drifting through stressful events with the same airy listlessness as on any rainy weekend afternoon. Whether this is naiveté, depression, or something else altogether is not so obvious, but Ms. Maly's is an awkward presence, to be sure.

History: Unknowingly the daughter of a former cultist, Nathaniel Maly, Jessica felt drawn to Nightwood Falls the moment the first brochure caught her eye. Drifting off a bus from somewhere northward one day, with the inheritance of her father's significant wealth and clearly no sense of direction, she toured the area on foot, purchased a home the second day, and for eight months has lived essentially oblivious to the strangeness of the place. She has a sense of something in the lake looming over the sleepy town, but in her world this is no cause for unease. She assumes everyone has the same feeling and that's just how lakes are. It's kind of comforting, really.

Quirks:

• Odd Thinker - Having a way of viewing subjects through an unusual lens, she may be useful in situations where the usual lens is out of focus.
  • Medicated - Jessica's medication is intended to keep her hallucinations at bay, yet it also leaves her somewhat difficult to frighten or distract.

Flaws:

• Drug Dependency - A crutch too easily compromised.
  • Hallucinations - Sensitive to her current thoughts and emotions, these images, when unleashed, range from flames engulfing oblivious strangers on the street, to toothy maws waiting in water, to tempting men at the corner of her eyes, to a sky full of eyes rather than stars. Distracting or misleading at best.

Link your O&O: Profile / Thread

Specify Ons: Sexual frustration, choking, voyeurism, exhibitionism, large penises, deep penetration, and somehow the scent of rain

Specify Hard Offs: Vore, anal sex and waste

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes (Nightmare)

Face Claim?: Maria Choinska

Surprise GM Events?: Yes

Connections?: For plot changes, I'm definitely open to her being somehow taken in by the Knowing, or monsterified. Monstrosized. Monstromorphosed. If she dies, I think I like deaths that are made creepy in their mystery, but also definitely those that just seem impossible. Impalement would be pretty poetic for me her, too. Or death by something only she can see, in front of onlookers. But I'm just throwing out ideas. I believe in being at the DM's mercy.

Knowing Version?

Show more...

Character Type: Knowing

Occupation: Ms. Maly is very comfortably retired on a grand inheritance.

Physical Description: Tall and intense. Having changed her looser, more modest clothing for dramatic lacy dresses and long coats, the once charmingly lanky girl appears quite astonishing in an all new way.

Personality: A severe and aristocratic young woman, full of grace and preoccupied with her own problems, which are none of your business.

History: N/A? (What leads to her joining the cult I wouldn't yet know myself. This is just to represent the direction I'd go if she did.)

Quirks:

• Sleepless -Since her initiation in to the cult and embracing of her unhindered mind, she simply hasn't slept, yet everything seems fine. Apart from living partially in an otherworldly dreamscape, of course.
  • Seer - Jessica is perhaps especially close to the will and intent of the darkness over Nightwood Falls by way of her vivid visions. The unseen follows her everywhere she looks, whether she fully understands what she sees or not.

Flaws:

• Busy Mind - The seer's world is a complicated one, burdened by the backdrop of the unseen, and elements of the real may well be drowned out in the noise.
  • Overconfident - Jessica has become quite convinced that she is somehow chosen above the other Knowing, destined for the greatest reward.

Specify Ons: Sexual frustration, choking, voyeurism, exhibitionism, large penises, deep penetration, and somehow the scent of rain

Connections?: If she dies, I think I like deaths that are made creepy in their mystery, but also definitely those that just seem impossible. Impalement would be pretty poetic for me her, too. Or death by something only she can see, in front of onlookers. But I'm just throwing out ideas.
Monster Version?

Name: The Dark Longing

Occupation: Monster (Lair: Any room not occupied in the last day; otherwise within the lake)

Physical Description: Its shape is subtly wrong, like a clay effigy of a person. Its skin is shockingly wrong, grey and malleable like something more synthetic than flesh. Its bones are like stiff rubber, and its shadowy hair is unmoving in any breeze.

Personality: It watches, unblinking, from within the water, from the back of the closet, from beneath the bed. In distant dark or nearest shadow, its gaze finds the strongest and the calmest among them, studying, reading, longing to steal them away. It knows what they desire and what they fear, and with that intimate knowledge comes obsession. When it has chosen a victim, all else is scenery.

History: N/A? (What leads to her becoming changed I wouldn't yet know myself. This is just to represent the direction I'd go if she were.)

Quirks:

• Telepathic Sense - Reading of desires, fears, and to some extent impending actions. The latter takes some focus—it's not going to predict the action of an out-of-sight character or more than one at a time.
  • Malleable - With unnaturally elastic flesh and flexible bones, this creature can fit in many unexpected places and endure many hazards that would otherwise break bones or tear muscles.

Flaws:

• Repelled by Faith - Whether divine intervention or telepathic disgust, the creature recoils from those possessed of strong faith, leaving them and those within sight of them alone for that night.
  • Blind to Apathy - The passionless, the careless, the fearless, the asexual, the unconscious, they might as well not exist. Lovers laying together after an encounter, with nothing but satisfaction on their minds, for example, are invisible to its senses.

Specify Ons: Sexual frustration, choking, voyeurism, exhibitionism, large penises, deep penetration

Connections?: This monster is not an extremely formidable one on its own, but might be useful to the Knowing or to other monsters, if they have the intelligence to cooperate.

Show more...
Name: Emily Ryan

Character Type: Victim

Brief History: Emily's lost half her weight in three years on her bicycle, and rushing through wooded countryside has become something of an addiction. For the last four days, her family has been camping several miles to the west, and on the condition that she always had her phone, she's been tentatively allowed to ride up to a mile. But where's this river lead? There's something about it... Cool, there's a waterfall! Well, that looks like a cute little town...

Who can play?: Me, myself, and fate

Link O&Os: Profile / Thread

Sexual ONs: Smooth features/androgyny, confidence, teasing, bulges, clothed sex

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):] Yes (Nightmare)

Specify Hard OFFs: Tentacles, vore, anal sex and waste

Connections?: She has the legs to move pretty fast and isn't exactly a stand-and-screamer. If something's obviously fucked up enough, she's out of sight. But at the same time, she's extremely curious by nature and genuinely wants to believe in the impossible, the weirder the better. So until people actually start dying, I imagine some internal conflict keeping her around. For death, I don't know. I'm more interested in winging it with her than setting out with a plan, so I'm at the story's mercy. I also don't have a monster idea for her, but if someone else does, they're free to take over if that happens.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Crasey on September 09, 2015, 11:50:15 AM
Heya. I pulled out these pieces of myself and it didn't hurt too much. You want 'em?

Show more...

Occupation: Remaining shut away in her recently purchased home, Jessica has yet to truly become involved in the town. With her capital, she could easily start a business with a bang, but she is plainly not the entrepreneurial type. Whispers tend to be that she probably won't do anything but continue to be crazy, and probably cultivate a cat collection.

Physical Description: A tall, yet soft-seeming woman, in form as much as style, she's prone to causing some consternation among those who much prefer to know what to make of a person. With a face that rarely betrays more than a distant reverie, and body language that is slow and aimless, she is at once beautiful and distinctly not right.

Personality: Seemingly stuck in a limbo between here and somewhere else, it's apparent to most that Jessica is perhaps not entirely as lucid as others. But while not quick or assertive, she is also not dull. Her input is thoughtful when it comes, albeit often strangely detached. And while fragile, she is anything but skittish, drifting through stressful events with the same airy listlessness as on any rainy weekend afternoon. Whether this is naiveté, depression, or something else altogether is not so obvious, but Ms. Maly's is an awkward presence, to be sure.

History: Unknowingly the daughter of a former cultist, Nathaniel Maly, Jessica felt drawn to Nightwood Falls the moment the first brochure caught her eye. Drifting off a bus from somewhere northward one day, with the inheritance of her father's significant wealth and clearly no sense of direction, she toured the area on foot, purchased a home the second day, and for eight months has lived essentially oblivious to the strangeness of the place. She has a sense of something in the lake looming over the sleepy town, but in her world this is no cause for unease. She assumes everyone has the same feeling and that's just how lakes are. It's kind of comforting, really.

Quirks:

• Odd Thinker - Having a way of viewing subjects through an unusual lens, she may be useful in situations where the usual lens is out of focus.
  • Medicated - Jessica's medication is intended to keep her hallucinations at bay, yet it also leaves her somewhat difficult to frighten or distract.

Flaws:

• Drug Dependency - A crutch too easily compromised.
  • Hallucinations - Sensitive to her current thoughts and emotions, these images, when unleashed, range from flames engulfing oblivious strangers on the street, to toothy maws waiting in water, to tempting men at the corner of her eyes, to a sky full of eyes rather than stars. Distracting or misleading at best.

Connections?: For plot changes, I'm definitely open to her being somehow taken in by the Knowing, or monsterified. Monstrosized. Monstromorphosed. If she dies, I think I like deaths that are made creepy in their mystery, but also definitely those that just seem impossible. Impalement would be pretty poetic for me her, too. Or death by something only she can see, in front of onlookers. But I'm just throwing out ideas. I believe in being at the DM's mercy.

Knowing Version?

Show more...

Occupation: Ms. Maly is very comfortably retired on a grand inheritance.

Physical Description: Tall and intense. Having changed her looser, more modest clothing for dramatic lacy dresses and long coats, the once charmingly lanky girl appears quite astonishing in an all new way.

Personality: A severe and aristocratic young woman, full of grace and preoccupied with her own problems, which are none of your business.

History: N/A? (What leads to her joining the cult I wouldn't yet know myself. This is just to represent the direction I'd go if she did.)

Quirks:

• Sleepless -Since her initiation in to the cult and embracing of her unhindered mind, she simply hasn't slept, yet everything seems fine. Apart from living partially in an otherworldly dreamscape, of course.
  • Seer - Jessica is perhaps especially close to the will and intent of the darkness over Nightwood Falls by way of her vivid visions. The unseen follows her everywhere she looks, whether she fully understands what she sees or not.

Flaws:

• Busy Mind - The seer's world is a complicated one, burdened by the backdrop of the unseen, and elements of the real may well be drowned out in the noise.
  • Overconfident - Jessica has become quite convinced that she is somehow chosen above the other Knowing, destined for the greatest reward.

Connections?: If she dies, I think I like deaths that are made creepy in their mystery, but also definitely those that just seem impossible. Impalement would be pretty poetic for me her, too. Or death by something only she can see, in front of onlookers. But I'm just throwing out ideas.
Monster Version?

Name: The Dark Longing

Occupation: Monster (Lair: Any room not occupied in the last day; otherwise within the lake)

Physical Description: Its shape is subtly wrong, like a clay effigy of a person. Its skin is shockingly wrong, grey and malleable like something more synthetic than flesh. Its bones are like stiff rubber, and its shadowy hair is unmoving in any breeze.

Personality: It watches, unblinking, from within the water, from the back of the closet, from beneath the bed. In distant dark or nearest shadow, its gaze finds the strongest and the calmest among them, studying, reading, longing to steal them away. It knows what they desire and what they fear, and with that intimate knowledge comes obsession. When it has chosen a victim, all else is scenery.

History: N/A? (What leads to her becoming changed I wouldn't yet know myself. This is just to represent the direction I'd go if she were.)

Quirks:

• Telepathic Sense - Reading of desires, fears, and to some extent impending actions. The latter takes some focus—it's not going to predict the action of an out-of-sight character or more than one at a time.
  • Malleable - With unnaturally elastic flesh and flexible bones, this creature can fit in many unexpected places and endure many hazards that would otherwise break bones or tear muscles.

Flaws:

• Repelled by Faith - Whether divine intervention or telepathic disgust, the creature recoils from those possessed of strong faith, leaving them and those within sight of them alone for that night.
  • Blind to Apathy - The passionless, the careless, the fearless, the asexual, the unconscious, they might as well not exist. Lovers laying together after an encounter, with nothing but satisfaction on their minds, for example, are invisible to its senses.

Specify Ons: Sexual frustration, choking, voyeurism, exhibitionism, large penises, deep penetration

Connections?: This monster is not an extremely formidable one on its own, but might be useful to the Knowing or to other monsters, if they have the intelligence to cooperate.

Show more...
Name: Emily Ryan

Brief History: Emily's lost half her weight in three years on her bicycle, and rushing through wooded countryside has become something of an addiction. For the last four days, her family has been camping several miles to the west, and on the condition that she always had her phone, she's been tentatively allowed to ride up to a mile. But where's this river lead? There's something about it... Cool, there's a waterfall! Well, that looks like a cute little town...

Who can play?: Me, myself, and fate

Link O&Os: Profile / Thread

Sexual ONs: Smooth features/androgyny, confidence, teasing, bulges, clothed sex

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):] Yes (Nightmare)

Specify Hard OFFs: Tentacles, vore, anal sex and waste

Connections?: She has the legs to move pretty fast and isn't exactly a stand-and-screamer. If something's obviously fucked up enough, she's out of sight. But at the same time, she's extremely curious by nature and genuinely wants to believe in the impossible, the weirder the better. So until people actually start dying, I imagine some internal conflict keeping her around. For death, I don't know. I'm more interested in winging it with her than setting out with a plan, so I'm at the story's mercy. I also don't have a monster idea for her, but if someone else does, they're free to take over if that happens.

First off! LET ME SAY I LOVE YOUR CHARACTERS! Also, super excited that you're interested in joining! I do love some 'fresh meat'! >:) Anyways, let me just give you a little information on which version of Jessica I would go with:

I really like the knowing version of her. Mostly because I think the personality makes sense and she could have some awesome connections to other knowing members. That and we don't have a lot in that category yet, so it would be nice to get a few more!

Depending on what happens to her -- a monster version of her in the future would also be pretty fun! So I would totally keep that, unless you would prefer doing that over the Knowing version. It's really up to you, but I really, really like the second profile with the Knowing version. If you were wanting to know how to turn that Main Character into a Knowing, it would easily be learning about her dead father and following in his footsteps... Or... anything else.

Honestly, if you really wanted to. You could start her as a Main Character that gets influenced to join the Knowing Cult and then ends up dying and becoming the Monster. That way you get all three! :)

As for the Victim:

Amazing and approved.

Depending on what route you decide to go with the Jessica character -- let me know and I'm sure you'll be approved afterwards. :)

aorangi3

Name: Kelby Daigle

Character Type: NPC or Victim

Brief History: After High-school, Kelby never truly acclimated to life after he found out that he simply was not suited to College of any sort. Brought up in the country it was easy for him to get addicted to drugs and other such things that twisted his mind to find out his true pleasure, rape. For the most part he was content with slowly eroding his mind as he cornered his female victims under a hood and while under influence, used them to perform his ecstasy. Transforming his outlook to that of a bully that likes getting his way and feels good when he makes someone's day bad. He has gone through multiple jobs to support this hobby of his and has traveled to that of a small town to set his sights on more easier targets.

Who can play?:Whomever

Sexuality:Hetero

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os: N/A

Sexual ONs: This particular character enjoys sadism and rape and enjoys cornering females that are easily afraid

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):] Yes. Hell.

Specify Hard OFFs: He does not like it when people stand up to him.

Connections?: Open to a possible new Knowing member, but he will start as a Victim. Open to other connections that fit his criteria above. This fellow is designed to be a despicable person, so the disclaimer is that he will be role played as such. Though he has no abilities other than not having been caught yet as a rapist.

aorangi3

Name: Peeler

Occupation: Usually sleeps during the day, but will prowl around the forest at night. Depending on activity he will make an appearance outdoors.

Physical Description: Gray short fur and tail, big wings and a huge mouth full of teeth. Sometimes seen as a stone statue.

Personality: A vicious beast when seen by humans, from the treatment he was given by them, he in turn hates them. Though he has a weird fondness for their teeth and will collect them for this admiration as he is rather jealous of their white gleam that remind him of pearls. He is rather fond of animals and does not hurt them, he has a gentleness at heart around those he feels will not hurt him.

History: Created via the evil presence before, Peeler was awakened from a stony visage that had him placed on a building. He was once alive in medieval Scotland and through his hibernation has slept all this time, kept asleep by his death sleep after living so long. Pronounced as a antique he has been transported from place to place until he arrived at Nightwood Falls. However, after the presence went through him once more, he is now alive once again. It is unclear if he will sleep again as he once did, but with the energy he now possesses, he flies into the night to the unsuspecting modern century.

• Flight
  • Brute Strength and sharp fangs with claws.

• Turns to stone during the day
  • Can be distracted by bright or gentle looking things.

Link your O&O: N/A

Specify Ons: Open

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific - Again open.

Sexuality: Not really sexually active but if you want to brave that field, go ahead.

Content Level: Hell, again open

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes, and can die in any category

Face Claim?: N/A

Surprise GM Events?: Open to this. This creature is a roaming type.

Connections?: Certain Knowing does know him, but he does not actually get along with anyone.

Capone

Just as a note, I've got a Gargoyle monster already, but if you'd like we could work together on differentiating the two creatures so we're not overly redundant.

aorangi3

Quote from: Capone on September 09, 2015, 07:12:43 PM
Just as a note, I've got a Gargoyle monster already, but if you'd like we could work together on differentiating the two creatures so we're not overly redundant.
ah, nvm then

Crasey

Wow, thank you, Rel! You're so encouraging.  ;D

Welp, I really only meant the other two versions as "what ifs", just so you'd see I had something to go to if needed. Wasn't trying to decide between them. Buuuut now that you've brought my attention more strongly onto the Knowing version, I think I'll flesh her out and run with that. Really becoming an all-female cult, huh?  :o

Rel Mayer

Quote from: aorangi3 on September 09, 2015, 06:05:14 PM
Name: Kelby Daigle

Character Type: NPC or Victim

Brief History: After High-school, Kelby never truly acclimated to life after he found out that he simply was not suited to College of any sort. Brought up in the country it was easy for him to get addicted to drugs and other such things that twisted his mind to find out his true pleasure, rape. For the most part he was content with slowly eroding his mind as he cornered his female victims under a hood and while under influence, used them to perform his ecstasy. Transforming his outlook to that of a bully that likes getting his way and feels good when he makes someone's day bad. He has gone through multiple jobs to support this hobby of his and has traveled to that of a small town to set his sights on more easier targets.

Who can play?:Whomever

Sexuality:Hetero

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os: N/A

Sexual ONs: This particular character enjoys sadism and rape and enjoys cornering females that are easily afraid

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):] Yes. Hell.

Specify Hard OFFs: He does not like it when people stand up to him.

Connections?: Open to a possible new Knowing member, but he will start as a Victim. Open to other connections that fit his criteria above. This fellow is designed to be a despicable person, so the disclaimer is that he will be role played as such. Though he has no abilities other than not having been caught yet as a rapist.

This man looks good for some chomping! Consider him approved and did you get that image directly from a mugshot place? Haha! I can always help you find better nommable pictures for convicts -- if you so desire! That guy is giving me the heebie jeebies!

Quote from: Capone on September 09, 2015, 07:12:43 PM

Quote from: aorangi3 on September 09, 2015, 06:29:14 PM
Name: Peeler

-snip

Quote from: aorangi3 on September 09, 2015, 07:29:39 PM
ah, nvm then

You can still play this character, just make some revisions on some of the wording and change him a bit. :) You'll still keep your main idea. Or you can always work with Capone to do something as a duo monster. Either way is alright with me, but pick one and let me know before I approve it!

Quote from: Crasey on September 09, 2015, 07:55:48 PM
Wow, thank you, Rel! You're so encouraging.  ;D

Welp, I really only meant the other two versions as "what ifs", just so you'd see I had something to go to if needed. Wasn't trying to decide between them. Buuuut now that you've brought my attention more strongly onto the Knowing version, I think I'll flesh her out and run with that. Really becoming an all-female cult, huh?  :o

Thanks. I do try. -blush-!

It's really up to you, but I do like the idea that you had. :) So, if you would prefer the Main Character -- that's alright too! Either way, just pick one of them and you should be fine in my book. :)

Capone

I actually got some inspiration to rework my monster as a New Jersey Devil, so the only similarities will be that they become statues during daylight (or rather, mine will) and that they'll be in the general proximity of the Church.

I'll be PMing you a revised Monster Sheet shortly (in fact, possibly before you even read this post!)

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Capone on September 10, 2015, 06:43:56 AM
I actually got some inspiration to rework my monster as a New Jersey Devil, so the only similarities will be that they become statues during daylight (or rather, mine will) and that they'll be in the general proximity of the Church.

I'll be PMing you a revised Monster Sheet shortly (in fact, possibly before you even read this post!)

Just PMed you back!

Etherealgirl

The rapist guy looks fun/scary! Goes to show not all monsters are...er...well, monsters?

aorangi3

Yeah I wanted to use the idea of a monster being gentle but still within his nature similar to kingKong, while the victim is normal but behaves monstrously. I'm interested to see how it will go, and how the Main characters react.

Etherealgirl

Well my character is the 16 year old teen virgin, like in Scream or Halloween. Always gotta have one of those in a horror setting! :D

Capone

I've switched up my gargoyle to the New Jersey Devil. He still turns to stone during the daylight, but has limited flight capabilities so won't be terrorizing the skies too much, and is more of a wild card than before.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Capone on September 10, 2015, 06:19:51 PM
I've switched up my gargoyle to the New Jersey Devil. He still turns to stone during the daylight, but has limited flight capabilities so won't be terrorizing the skies too much, and is more of a wild card than before.

I like it! :)

By the way:

I'm going to update the main thread with the Approved Characters and Approved Monsters. I think I approved some of you and you haven't transferred your character back yet. If you'd do that... you would be so cool forever! :)

AmbrosiaPudding

*plants her flag of interest*

So. I shall be joining with a Main Character and a Monster I think. I might even throw in a knowing if Rel will have em all.
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Rel Mayer

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on September 11, 2015, 11:46:17 AM
*plants her flag of interest*

So. I shall be joining with a Main Character and a Monster I think. I might even throw in a knowing if Rel will have em all.

I want them all! :) :) :)! I love the idea that more people are playing Knowing characters as well!

* Rel Mayer jumps up and down, excited for Carnage joining!

Rel Mayer

I'm about to start writing for the IC, so any last minute people that want to hop in and get connected to some of the characters are welcome to before the game starts. :)

aorangi3

*raises hand* I have a question.

Do the knowing know all of the monsters?

Side note: I am rather glad their are more than a few MCs

Rel Mayer

Quote from: aorangi3 on September 15, 2015, 01:16:50 PM
*raises hand* I have a question.

Do the knowing know all of the monsters?

Side note: I am rather glad their are more than a few MCs

The knowing know of 'monsters' but they may not know of every single type of monster. Meaning that some monsters may still want to nom their faces, if they're not trained correctly.

Knowing can have control over monsters, in knowing what their wants and desires/how they operate, but the are not immune.

Does that make sense?

Jeufufns

I don‘t have a gore kink, Ijust like very bloody dramatic deaths.

just clarifying so that noone's surprised if  I go through three characters a week. XD

Justb wanted to ask before I make any characters, are futas allowed? ^^

aorangi3

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 15, 2015, 01:22:15 PM
The knowing know of 'monsters' but they may not know of every single type of monster. Meaning that some monsters may still want to nom their faces, if they're not trained correctly.

Knowing can have control over monsters, in knowing what their wants and desires/how they operate, but the are not immune.

Does that make sense?

Yes, I understand. Just wanted to make sure that Knowing are also available to be nommed.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Jeufufns on September 15, 2015, 01:27:51 PM
I don‘t have a gore kink, Ijust like very bloody dramatic deaths.

just clarifying so that noone's surprised if  I go through three characters a week. XD

Justb wanted to ask before I make any characters, are futas allowed? ^^

I don't mind whatever sexuality or gender you play your character as, all I ask is that you use real life images. :)

Jeufufns

@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@

real life images......

aw crap time to search google, so much for 3 characters a week I'm happy if I can manage two XD

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Jeufufns on September 15, 2015, 01:45:33 PM
@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@

real life images......

aw crap time to search google, so much for 3 characters a week I'm happy if I can manage two XD

Androgynous looking characters possibly may be something that may help in your search? Although, it just depends on the look that you're wanting to give them. :)

I'm assuming that you're wanting to make a bunch of victims?

Jeufufns

Not anymore @-@ I don't have any real life picture in any collection of sorts, I don't know any real life people to look up @-@

Well I know one but that's not enough X D

I might just leave it now X D

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Jeufufns on September 15, 2015, 02:01:28 PM
Not anymore @-@ I don't have any real life picture in any collection of sorts, I don't know any real life people to look up @-@

Well I know one but that's not enough X D

I might just leave it now X D

You could just start with one character, see if you enjoy the setting. And go from there? :)

Rel Mayer

IC IS POSTED!

Heya, I posted the IC. For now, if you just want to set your characters up you can. I sort of put a little event or at least what is going on for everyone. :) I'm going to leave the dates September 1st - September 7th open right now.

Here's the links:

The Town

The Hotel

If you would like anything else, let me know and I'll make it! :)

Jeufufns

After a day of searching the web I collected some passable pics. (How do people even find this stuff? X-D)

"Two victims and a main for me please"
"Would you like some fires with that?"
"If I would like some fries with that?"
"No, fires"

Name: Seva

Occupation: roommate/between jobs. She and the others came from out of town, a simple visit to look around the area bit. They liked to scout the area sometimes and this time this town was it.

Physical Description: Me likey picture................uuuhhhh....feminine hands and feet................derp, oh yeah and light blue eyes.

Personality: Seva is intelligent but tends to comment on things a lot. Diplomatic, never rushing into things and preferring to stay together. She's friendly but has trouble judging other people's opinions of her. She's polite but doesn't waste unnecessary time. She tends to keep a mixture of acting safe and quick, acting as a medium between the reckless Viana and the careful Ross. She speaks British English with a minimal accent. Outside of serious business she tends to joke around, with a preference of teasing Ross. She and her gang don't really wear conservative clothing, with her being in often revealing clothes, forging a triangle between the conservative black of Viana and the often loose-topped black of Ross.

History: The gang hanged out often, visiting places and enjoying cities and what they had to offer. Nighthood falls was more on the weird side of things, being Viana's idea. The whole point of the trip was to get some creepy atmosphere into one of their trips, or how she phrased it "A badass location for badass people." They arrived per train, barely having any time to look around until the curse reawakened. This trip was turning out to be too badass to handle.

• intelligent
  • agile/flexible
  • sociable

• physically weak
  • social creature(weak alone)
  • territorial (hates having to move from one place to another, can't cope in unknown regions)

Link your O&O: Link your O&Os (I don't have a big OOthread.......probably should make one)

Specify Ons: futanari (huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue), flirting, kissing, hyper-endowed, voluptuous,

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific -  rape, blackmail basically any kind of forced action(including prostitution), bathroom crap

Sexuality: female, bisexual

Content Level: Normal

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): no

Face Claim?: Slawa

Connections?: This is going to be my romance character since I love romance and since my other two character are going to die horribly :3 Gonna try to get her into a relationship cause adowable and make her a Sam-type badass (a cookie for anyone who gets the barely weeks-old reference).

((I feel bad cause this is so short................))

Jeufufns

Name: Viana Sara

Brief History: The gang hanged out often, visiting places and enjoying cities and what they had to offer. Nighthood falls was more on the weird side of things, being Viana's idea. The whole point of the trip was to get some creepy atmosphere into one of their trips, or how she phrased it "A badass location for badass people." They arrived per train, barely having any time to look around until the curse reawakened. This trip was turning out to be too badass to handle.

Who can play?: go wild

Sexuality: female, heterosexual

Surprise GM Events?: yes

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os:

Sexual ONs: none special

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):]Yes,  Hell

Specify Hard OFFs: none

Connections?: I don't care how you kill them. I don't have a kink for torture but kill them how you want. Cuts their veins open, remove their innards so careful as to keep them alive, rips their limbs out, crack every remaining bone in their body, crush their head, I don't care.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ross Verkel

Brief History: The gang hanged out often, visiting places and enjoying cities and what they had to offer. Nighthood falls was more on the weird side of things, being Viana's idea. The whole point of the trip was to get some creepy atmosphere into one of their trips, or how she phrased it "A badass location for badass people." They arrived per train, barely having any time to look around until the curse reawakened. This trip was turning out to be too badass to handle.

Sexuality: male, heterosexual

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os:

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):] Yes, Hell

Connections?: I don't care how you kill them. I don't have a kink for gore or torture but kill them how you want. Cuts their veins open, remove their innards so careful as to keep them alive, rips their limbs out, crack every remaining bone in their body, crush their head, I don't care.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Jeufufns on September 16, 2015, 01:42:34 PM
After a day of searching the web I collected some passable pics. (How do people even find this stuff? X-D)

"Two victims and a main for me please"
"Would you like some fires with that?"
"If I would like some fries with that?"
"No, fires"

Are futanari allowed?

Name: Seva

Occupation: roommate/between jobs. She and the others came from out of town, a simple visit to look around the area bit. They liked to scout the area sometimes and this time this town was it.

Physical Description: Me likey picture................uuuhhhh....feminine hands and feet................derp, oh yeah and light blue eyes.

Personality: Seva is intelligent but tends to comment on things a lot. Diplomatic, never rushing into things and preferring to stay together. She's friendly but has trouble judging other people's opinions of her. She's polite but doesn't waste unnecessary time. She tends to keep a mixture of acting safe and quick, acting as a medium between the reckless Viana and the careful Ross. She speaks British English with a minimal accent. Outside of serious business she tends to joke around, with a preference of teasing Ross. She and her gang don't really wear conservative clothing, with her being in often revealing clothes, forging a triangle between the conservative black of Viana and the often loose-topped black of Ross.

History: The gang hanged out often, visiting places and enjoying cities and what they had to offer. Nighthood falls was more on the weird side of things, being Viana's idea. The whole point of the trip was to get some creepy atmosphere into one of their trips, or how she phrased it "A badass location for badass people." They arrived per train, barely having any time to look around until the curse reawakened. This trip was turning out to be too badass to handle.

• intelligent
  • agile/flexible
  • sociable

• physically weak
  • social creature(weak alone)
  • territorial (hates having to move from one place to another, can't cope in unknown regions)

Link your O&O: Link your O&Os (I don't have a big OOthread.......probably should make one)

Specify Ons: futanari (huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue), flirting, kissing, hyper-endowed, voluptuous,

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific -  rape, blackmail basically any kind of forced action(including prostitution), bathroom crap

Sexuality: female, bisexual

Content Level: Normal

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): no

Face Claim?: A what now?

Connections?: This is going to be my romance character since I love romance and since my other two character are going to die horribly :3 Gonna try to get her into a relationship cause adowable and make her a Sam-type badass (a cookie for anyone who gets the barely weeks-old reference).

((I feel bad cause this is so short................))

Quote from: Jeufufns on September 16, 2015, 01:57:27 PM
Name: Viana Sara

Sexuality: female, heterosexual

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os:

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):]Yes,  Hell

Connections?: I don't care how you kill them. I don't have a kink for torture but kill them how you want. Cuts their veins open, remove their innards so careful as to keep them alive, rips their limbs out, crack every remaining bone in their body, crush their head, I don't care.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ross Verkel

Sexuality: male, heterosexual

IF VICTIM:

Link O&Os:

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):] Yes, Hell

Connections?: I don't care how you kill them. I don't have a kink for gore or torture but kill them how you want. Cuts their veins open, remove their innards so careful as to keep them alive, rips their limbs out, crack every remaining bone in their body, crush their head, I don't care.

I like how you made a little gang of people! :) You're good and should be approved to post them in the Approved Character Sheet thread linked on the first post of the Recruitment and OOC. :) Feel free to pop in the OOC too!

Rish

I'm interested in playing a monster for this game. One that specializes with mental horror instead of the general 'hunting and preying' kind. The kind of monster that feasts on your sanity, fears, and screams instead of your flesh. But perhaps is a lust craven creature as well for those that have fallen into insanity. Who knows!

Would that be alright for the setting, and if so, shall I go and make my character?

Rish

Watching...:

Occupation: The darkness, the shadows, the place where things slumber and wait..the corner of your eyes.

Physical Description: The 'Watching', as it is known, and as it has accepted by the things it watches is a creature that does not have a solid substance at most times. It is a creature of illusions, of trickery and false sights. It hides within the shadows, watching, waiting, preying on the things it sees. It is a creature of a thousand eyes, able to see, and keep seeing even if a hundred of its eyes are gorged out from existence.

But its actual appearance, its 'true' form shows itself by leaving the very shadows it lives in. Depending on the shadows its birthed from the size of the monster will be different. But the actual shape of it never changes. The watcher does not have any legs, instead it has eight limbs that are triple jointed, able to twist, bend, and move in ways no limb should be able to move without snapping. Each limb holding three large and muscular digits with sharp talons hooked onto the end. The head of the creature is small, almost 'human' despite the large, bulking, misshapen and shifting build of its body. It holds a tiny mouth, with tusks bulging out and forcing the mouth to stay out. Where thin but extremely long tendrils fleck and squirm around.

The spine of the monster holds four more tendrils, much thicker, much more bulky and littered in tiny teeth. Rotted and black. Coiled together to seem like one long limb and hiding the teeth from view.

And finally, the belly of the beast. A first it appears bloated, round and squishing up against the ground as the form of it moves along. But in truth that hides the very nature of its true maw. For that large girth is actually a closed mouth, opened to expose as many teeth as it has eyes. Cracked, sharp, and spinning around like a saw.   

Personality: It watches...it twists, it changes everything around itself and the area its in. It wants them to see..to watch the world like it does. To see the eyes widen in fright at everything like it does. The fear, the madness, the fright and panic that glimmer from every one of its eyes. Unable to blind, unable to close and turn away. It is always watching, always waiting..waiting for its prey to snap. To break and lash out. To see the sight of them breaking themselves.

History: The watcher was born from the very essence of the victims that had passed in fear and terror in this place, their memories, their fears and their hatred for those that just WATCHED and did nothing to help them empowering this being into creation. A new monster born from the fears and hatred of humans. It doesn't know how old it is, the age of its memorizes combined, the age of the age it lurks in?

• Darkness in ones mind: As long as it lives within the darkness, as long as it sits, watching. It can effect the minds of those it sees. Making them doubt everything they see. The people they are with. Bringing their own nightmares into existence before their very eyes.
  • Empowered by darkness: The larger the darkness, the larger the shadow, the larger and more powerful the watching is. As more of its eyes can spread out and keep watching...

• Out of mind, Within the Light: Once it leaves the shadows, the dark, and takes on its 'solid' form it can no longer effect the minds of its prey. Taking a full, whole presence in the world and 'existing' instead of just something that creeps in their minds.
  • Weakened by light: Light weakens it, shrinking its height, making it lose eyes and strength.

Link your O&O: N/A, this is a horror. Wouldn't really fit.

Specify Ons: Eyes....fear...delicious females...

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific - Erm, its horror, so I guess I will be open to most things. Just the normal Scat/Waterworks I want to avoid. Oh, the prey can pee themselves. But it won't be anything to do with a kink, it will be out of fear. At least that is what I hope for.

Sexuality: Females, it craves females in that manner.

Content Level: Hell.

Death? (Y) Degree of Death? (Hell): He's a monster. Monsters are meant to be killed by man.

Face Claim?: Claims eyes....

Connections?: I want to effect a group of people in a single building, have them doubt, fear, and unable to see the truth of anything. Cause them to panic, to flee, to kill and maim. To drive them to the point of insanity. Basically I want to get inside other 'characters' heads and twist them as much as possible.

Roen

Bringing my boys back!

Main Character, Marcus Sinclair
Name: Marcus Sinclair

Physical Description: Pretty much what you see in the picture, only covered with tattoos around his arms (Right, Left), on the side of his neck, across his chest, his back and on the back of his calves

Personality: Marc is what you might call a salty individual - rough around the edges. He doesn't go for the delicate touch. A smile can open many doors, but so can a rocket launcher (and sometimes Marc thinks that his life would have been so much easier if he had one). He's got a character, he's brave and strong headed. He’s an ex-military, yes, ex-drug user, sure, with a criminal mind, but he does have an honour system of sorts.   

History: Doctor Johnathan Sinclair was a prodigy long before he got his degrees- especially in the fields of Biochemistry, Nanotechnology and Genetic Engineering. He finished high school at the age of 15 and got his master’s degree before he hit 20, soon after that, he received his own research grant at the secluded and highly respectable institution of Nightwood Falls’s University.

This story, however, is about his younger brother: Marcus Sinclair.

Marc's life couldn't be any more different than his brother's. He wasn't just the middle child- he was the problem child (which, admittedly, do go hand in hand sometimes). As a child, he used to have a lot of nightmares, even during the day. He would call his mother into his room or run to where she was at least three times a day; he talked about scary smiling people coming out from under his bed, from inside the closets, crawling through the walls or trying to grab him through the mirrors.
His father was a military man at the time, so he wasn't there a lot. When he was there- he would mainly take both his sons into improvised military-style camping: teaching them how to survive in harsh environments, how to defend themselves with/without weapons, how to shoot. That wasn't the sort of scenarios in which one would feel comfortable to tell his father about the monsters under his bed. His mother didn't have much in the way of money to spend on therapists; Marcus was told to ignore the nightmares, and so he did- until he couldn't.

When he couldn't, he turned to booze- whatever he could put his teenager's hands on. He'd get older people to buy it for him. He’d run around with unsavoury youth that knew of ways to get/steal some. He'd get into troubles left and right, putting his mother, his sister and older brother through the ringer. While drunk, the monsters appearances became less frequent, and even then- he was hardly sober enough to be scared. He got expelled from several different schools due to frequent case of misconduct, violence and insubordination. His mother didn't know what to do with him. His father, on the other way- knew exactly what had to be done.
When Marcus was 17, he was taken out of high school in favour of military boarding school. For a while- things seemed to be working out; The military disciplinary system forced him to clean his act. During the days he was constantly challenged by training and studies, and come nights- he was so tired that he couldn't spare time for monsters even if he wanted to. Marc was an accomplishing cadet: he finished the top of several of his classes, excelled at most of the trials and tests - which obviously made his father proud - and his relationship with the rest of his family improved. For a while, things seemed to be sorting themselves out on the best of terms. That is, until he was sent out to the field.

Out there, there weren't any classes. When he was shipped oversea, the trips introduced him to new and exotic looking 'monsters', creatures far more disturbing than those he was used to, but not only them. Surrounded by death on a daily basis, Marcus found himself repeatedly haunted by his fallen comrades, enemy agents and those that got caught in the crossfire. Especially those innocent victims. They were there constantly, standing by his bed, cold and dripping of blood, glaring accusingly at him. For the second time of his life, the problem child stopped sleeping.
Those foreign and distant lands didn't offer much in the way of alcohol, but they did do very well with drugs, especially opiates. Marc's first encounter with drugs left him dumbfounded. The monsters didn't just stop appearing, they disappeared completely! Even the constant feeling that he was being watched and followed from the shadows disappeared, and he didn't even know he had that. The relief was outstanding, and out there on the field- drugs were so easy to come by, especially as many of their unit's missions focused of relieving local drug lords and terrorist cells of their stocks. Once again- Marc found balance.

He did, however, quickly became addicted to the drugs, caught by his superiors after his indiscretions got two of his teammates killed and was dishonourably discharged by the army. Marc didn't have much in the way of home and family to come back to. His father was ashamed, he wouldn’t even look him in the eyes; his mother was so worried, constantly anxious so it became more than a burden to be around her. His brother was away at the university and didn't have much time to deal with him; His younger sister was a teenager with her own set of problems.

Through all that, he cared about one thing and one thing only: the drugs. Every druggy gets that, that selfish obsession that transforms his life into one that exclusively revolves getting and using the next fix. That character flaw was only worsen by how he needed the peace of mind that they offered. It didn't take long before he left his family home, living with fellow addicts for a couple of months. He stole, he assaulted, he robbed and he lied, he even whored himself out on an occasion. He would do anything, anything at all, if it meant getting himself high.
"Anything" soon turned out to be a convenient store armed robbery. The soldier in him, who coincidentally aced his military-law class, knew enough to realize what a horrible mistake that would be. The drug fiend in him didn’t care, he was short and the drug prices have gone up. One good score, that’s all he needed, and it wasn’t going to turn bad, right? After all, he had his boys covering his back. During the heist, there was an unplanned shooting, as most robbery shootings tend to be; He wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger, but he was the one who stayed behind trying to keep the shop owner from bleeding out on the floor. He failed at that, too. Marcus was convicted in accessory to a crime and involuntary man slaughter.

Knowing he was going away, this way or the other, he refused to name his partners, and so he got hit hard in the sentencing. He was originally sentenced to 15 years in prison, but he was released after five years, due to three reasons: Overcrowding, good behaviour and humanitarian release- both his father and his older brother died that year. His older brother, Dr. Johnathan Sinclair, died first. He was said to have jumped from one of the Nightwood’s cliffs above the falls, but his body was never recovered. His father died two months after that, he committed suicide with his own personal gun.
The deaths were too much for his mother to handle, she fell apart. That was partially the reason the probation committee chose to release Marcus. He was needed back home, to take care of his mother and his younger sister. He did just that, the grief and having people depended on him helped him stay on the straight and narrow- no drugs, no alcohol, he dealt with his demons on his own. He dealt with them the way his parents originally instructed him: he ignored them. He ignored the butchered faces staring at him from inside the coffee cabinet; he ignored the dead hands helping him wash his back at the shower; he ignored the monsters that got into his bed at night and the ones whispering to him from under it. Marcus ignored them all, and for a time- it started to feel as if he wasn’t seeing them at all. That was, at least, until his dead brother came to him one night and kindly suggested that he would check the tool-shed where his father killed himself.

In that tool-shed he didn't find the dreaded ghost of his father. Thankful for that, the good soldier followed the dead brother’s instructions and searched. He had to look very carefully before he found his father's lost cell phone, hidden under a rusty wheelbarrow, where the police evidentially neglected to search. Charging and checking the phone didn't recover much, he discovered that his father deleted all of his text messages and other correspondences prior to his death.
However, his father wasn't much of a tech-whizz, as the old generation rarely are. When he checked his email application, he discovered an unsent mail in his drafts folder. Apparently, his father must have tried to delete a text message and pressed 'Attach to E-mail' by mistake. The attached message was from his older brother, Johnathan, it was dated a day before his said death. It said:

'Don't come looking for me.
Delete EVERYTHING!
They know.'

When he showed the cellphone to the police, they thought it was a joke. They called his probation officer, who strongly encouraged him to drop it and concentrate on his rehabilitation. Marcus had no choice, not as far as he was concerned. His father was dead, his brother probably too, he had to do it. He had to do right by his family for once in his life.

He broke his probation and fled all the way up north, to Nightwood Falls.

Quirks:

• Gun. His Father's gun, a military issued Beretta 900s with 12 rounds magazine, fully loaded and 4 other magazines to spear.
  • Cold Weapons. He's got a hunting knife and a collapsible baton, courtesy of his father's wares.
  • Military Training. Outdoors survival, hand-to-hand combat, advanced marksmanship and fighting with cold weapons (Krav Maga style).
  • Physically Fit. His military experience and years of surviving in prison have left his body fit for physically strenuous situations, he has a very high stamina, he can hold his own in lifting and pushing, and he can run pretty fast for long distances.
  • Ex-Con. You know what they say about street-smart? Well, take that and multiply it by ten and you can begin to understand the kind of insight prison experience might get you. Inside a prison environment you have hundreds of different convicted murderers, rapists, gang members, drug addicts on withdrawal, who form alliances and cliques. Favours are traded for either goods or –more commonly- blood; people are getting lynched and killed there for gang initiations, for outside related issues, for half burnt cigarette buds. The only thing standing between you and a shiv is about 20 underpaid prison guards, who can be easily bought or threatened. Paranoia is a virtue; so is learning to successfully inspect the lay of the land; to read people's body languages and learn from their looks whether or not you’re on today's menu. Knowing when to shut up and mind your own business is also a pretty important skill, but Marcus was never big on that.

Flaws:

• Hot Head. He has a hot temper. It doesn't take much to ignite it, and he doesn't cool off so easily.
  • Paranoia. He doesn't trust many people, and he always expects someone to jump on him. He will leave a well-lit open street for a dark alley, if he thought a street vendor looked at him funny.
  • Addiction. Yep, it's still there. He tries to stay clean, but it wouldn't take much to get him back to his bad habits. As for alcoholism, he still drinks. Sometimes he drinks too much.
  • Nightmares. He learned to ignore monsters when he sees them. In a town like Nightwood Falls, that's not a particularly healthy habit.
  • Ex-Con. Apart for not being the most reliable individual, to all who find out about his past, he also broke probation. Sooner or later- he will become a fugitive, criminal in the eyes of the law.

List your O&O: My O&Os

Specify Ons:

• NC- With humans/monsters.
  • BDSM-
  • Gangbang- Probably goes with the NC.
  • Roughousing- One of the several upsides to a rough character.

Specify Hard Offs:
These offs are not hard per say, everything is negotiable, talk to me!

• Hard Gore- My problem is with the execution; No eyeballs popping out, no stomach turning descriptions that are unnecessary for the plot. I get violence, I can deal with blood, spilled guts and chopped organs, what I can't deal with is lengthy descriptions that reach the point of indulging in gore.
  • Knife Play- I don't mind blood, I don’t mind cuts, but unless I give you specific permission, don't cut off anything that you can't glue back on. Thanks.
  • Piercings- A lasting problem of mine, I just can't stomach the concept of metal going through living flesh and staying there. Do what you want with your characters, but keep mine unpierced.
  • Bathroom Play- This is for scat. Watersports are accepted, sometimes encouraged.
  • Cannibalism- Anything beyond blood drinking should be done swiftly, plot related.
  • Mutilation- I'm a team player, I don't mind losing an eye or a finger for the team, but stay away from the nether region and talk to me in private before that happens.

Sexuality: He used to be heterosexual, but prison helped him expand his horizons (amongst other things). He's mostly bi with a leaning towards men now. 

Content Level: Nightmare.

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes. This is a horror game, but I would appreciate the courtesy of a PM before my character gets killed, to see if there's something I can do to prevent it. The degree would be Hell.

Face Claim?: Marc Blucas

Surprise GM Events?: Yes.

Connections?: He will be actively trying to figure out what went wrong in NWF. His goal is to make sure the people responsible to his brother’s death pay dearly and painfully. No inter-character connections just yet. When/if he dies, it would either be a heroic death of self-sacrifice for the sake of saving another or, maybe, snuff? Iffy about that, but I’d prefer it to him being killed randomly and meaninglessly.   

Knowing Character, Dr. Sin

Name: "Sin" or "Dr. Sin", real name unknown.

Occupation: The Knowing's appointed physician. Resides in the belly of the Knowing's headquarters.

Physical Description: Those who have seen him in line of duty, haven't lived to tell the tale. To those who have worked beside him, he seemed like a severely disturbed individual, yet human nonetheless. His head is shaved and the sickening costume/weapon depicted in the picture. The sides of his mouth have been roughly stitched to keep the tubes in, the purpose of the tubes is unclear. Those that come close enough to observe would notice several other metal tubes going in and out of his body.

Personality: Brisk, grumpy, a true man of few words. To his victims, he is cold and uncaring, rarely actually angered when he strikes. His work is a thing of precision and self-control. When he is angered, he's like a beast. Those who lived to tell of his anger were usually the ones standing outside the room, listening to the screams coming from within.   

History: So you have your average knowing: those two-faced snakes, going about their day like any everyday man or woman. They would lie to your face, kindly greet you when they see you on the street, offer your kids some candy, and you a helping hand when they see you hauling more than you can carry.

Sin is precisely the opposite.
He doesn't go outside of the Knowing headquarters, he won't greet you hello when you see him. The best you'd get out of him (the knowing ones of you) is an intimidating grunt. He won't offer a helping hand, because his metallic claws never come off, and he would never tell you a lie. He won't have to. The reason for that is, if you're not of the cult, and you've reached the point where you are sent to him, the time for lies has long past. It would be the time for pain.

Sin is the Knowing physician, and he's there to supply the cult with treatments they wouldn't be able to get at the local clinic. He separates men from their lies. His specialty is extracting the truth out of living things, helping them overcome their sanity, and – eventually - discarding of whatever is left. He is the cult's main investigator, torturer and executioner.

No one but the highest ranking members of the cult know where he came from. Most low-ranking members never had to work beside him- he is kept where no pretty faces are needed. The red band on his left forearm makes people think that he used to be a Nazi. Although he hardly seems old enough to be a World War 2 criminal, and the red band has no markings on it. When he goes out, it's usually while the sirens are blasting and the mists are at large. He walks amongst the monsters, attending errands that require a little more intent and control than the average monster can provide. For that he had been rumoured to be a little less than human (or a little more). No one that ever spoken to him would be able to claim that the man wasn't alive or intelligent; but there's an off feeling about him, something not quite right.

Quirks:

• Medical Learning. If you know how to heal, then you know how to hurt. Sin could have been a talented physician indeed.
  • Agility. He's pretty quick for a man, don't let his clumsy looking outfit fool you. That isn't to say that if and when you see him, you shouldn't run. You simply run faster.
  • Strength. He's not just all claws, he's strong as well, beware.
  • Metallic Claws. These aren't his hands, these are gloves, but he never takes them off. They are his favourite weapon. And. He. Never. Takes. Them. Off.
  • Human. That's to say that he's not your average monster. He's focused, he's clever and he’s cunning. He is highly resourceful and he doesn't rely on the mist for strength.

Flaws:

• Ugly as a Baby Wombat. Unlike most other Knowing, you can see him coming from a mile away. He can't fool you with a smile and a friendly pat on the shoulder, and he won't try to.
  • Fatigue. Unlike the monsters, he can get tired. If you outrun him long enough, he'd probably leave you alone… Temporarily.
  • Obedience. He has his orders and he follows them to the letter. If you're not on his shopping list and you don't pose a threat- he won't touch you. If you somehow get one of his superiors to call him off, even while he's cutting you- he'll leave you alone. He'd probably even try to stitch you back up, if you can stomach his bedside manners.
  • Suit and Claws. Here's the thing. His getup is pretty big and awkward, but that's not even the best part. If any of the tubes in his outfit would get undone or detached, and there's no immediate threat in his area: he will stop, he will take a seat and he will fix the loose tube. He'd probably find a way to cripple you before he does, though, so be careful.
  • Human. Again, not a monster, he can be killed a lot easier than a monster.

Link your O&O: My O&Os

Specify Ons:

• BDSM-

Specify Hard Offs:

• Hard Gore- My problem is with the execution; No eyeballs popping out, no stomach turning descriptions that are unnecessary for the plot. I get violence, I can deal with blood, spilled guts and chopped organs, what I can't deal with is lengthy descriptions that reach the point of indulging in gore.
  • Knife Play- I don't mind blood, I don’t mind cuts, but unless I give you specific permission, don't cut off anything that you can't glue back on. Thanks.
  • Piercings- A lasting problem of mine, I just can't stomach the concept of metal going through living flesh and staying there. Do what you want with your characters, but keep mine unpierced.
  • Bathroom Play- This is for scat. Watersports are accepted, sometimes encouraged.
  • Cannibalism- Anything beyond blood drinking should be done swiftly, plot related.
  • Mutilation- I'm a team player, I don't mind losing an eye or a finger for the team, but stay away from the nether region and talk to me in private before that happens.

Sexuality: Much like his attacks, he only rapes when given specific instructions to do so. When he does, the gender won't matter, he isn't picky. 

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? Yes, Hell. 

Face Claim?: Frankenstein's Army, unsure about the specific name of this creature.

Surprise GM Events? Yes.

Connections?: CLASSIFIED.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

Monster character, Stranger

Name: Stranger

Occupation: Shape Shifter, Master of Nightmares, Creator of human monsters. He resides in the town's sewer system and in his past victims' dreams.

Physical Description: The truest description of Stranger is a puddle of goo. Other than that, he could be anyone, anything and anywhere he damn well pleases. He can be the grocer at the market, your husband coming back from taking out the garbage, your daughter after taking a long bath. He can even be the couch you are sitting so comfortably on right now. 

Personality: Childish, he's very young, as far as doppelgangers go. He's impulsive and self-centred, easily excitable, yet cruel and hot tempered, he likes getting off. A lot.
That said, there’s also another side to him, a split personality per-say, and its nature is classified.

History: Do you know how sometimes politicians say how "I am the people of this town, the people of this town are me"? Well, Stranger actually is the people of this town.
Over the years, the town has taken many lives, either by the knowing or the monsters that have lurked around. Many of the victims have been discarded into the nearest available dump site- the sewers. Tens upon hundreds of bodies accumulated there, sweating, spoiling, decomposing… And that's Stranger, or, at least, what stranger originally was- the rot. Stranger came out of the rot of hundreds of corpses of innocent people who were brutally and tragically murdered. First he grew on them, and then he started to consume them.

At first he was nothing more than a slimy fungus, unintelligent. His entire being focused on one thing- consuming the rotten flesh, decompose it like the good little bacteria he was. But something happened, perhaps it was the proximity to the lake monster's energy, maybe it was the countless terrible ways in which those people have died… Stranger evolved, he became more. More conscious, more mobile, sentient, hungrier… He ate and he ate and he ate- cleaning the bones, dissolving the bones, eating up the marrow. Day in and day out, as time progressed, the body-count only grew, and Stranger thrived.

Soon he discovered that he can not only eat the flesh and the bones, he can study them while digesting them. He could mimic them, he could grow them himself, he could become them. Stranger indulged himself in every new thing he could grow- a nose, a hand, an ear, a tongue… Eyes! Seeing the sewers around him, he discovered that he could mimic stone, he could mimic plants, and wood, and cloth… He could be the world!

Soon after, he became bored. Sure, he could be anybody and anything he wanted, but he was so lonely, so bored, so unchallenged. What good is it to eat things that don't even talk back? So he got out, and walked among the flesh things while they were still fresh. Their fragrances confused him, they didn't smell as tasty as the ones he was storing downstairs. They smelled… Unripe, under seasoned. He did, however, love to hear the funny sounds they made when he ate them.

He discovered there were different ways to eat meat. Sure, you could season it with a bit of mould and rot, but that took so long to happen! He discovered that scared meat tasted well, and pained meat tasted even better. However, insane meat was truly a delicacy.
He discovered that if he gave them just a little bit of himself and set them free, he could stay in touch with them and scare them during the nights, he could frighten them repeatedly and get them ready to eat. If he did that often enough, for a long enough period of time, he could drive them insane- and then really have a feast! He once had a man driven mad and kill his wife and two daughters. When Stranger came to visit him- the man actually joined him in eating his family's bodies. Stranger had so much fun! It was such an attraction, seeing meat eating other meat and then having the meat eating meat for dessert.
Good times.

One thing he doesn't eat or mimic is monsters. He had a monster a while back, it gave him indigestion- an experience he does not care to repeat. So he can't morph into monsters generally, he has the one mimic he can do and he saves it as a last resort only. 

Quirks:

• Shape-Shifting. That's pretty straight forward. He can change into anything he wants. Which makes luring victims into traps mighty easy.
  • Dream-Weaving. Once he gets a bit of himself into a victim, he can send night and day terrors to frighten the victim, get them ready in time for dinner. *Discloser: I am fully aware that this means a certain form of mind control, controlling another person's dreams. It's not for everyone, only for those who wish to be raped then afterwards have to struggle with the nightmares.When he rapes, he does so in semi-humanoid form, which will be agreed upon with the player.
  • Rapid Regeneration. You can't kill Stranger by stabbing or dismembering. He can grow new organs faster than you can cut them off, and he doesn't even need them in the first place… Remember, couch?
  • Superior Mobility. He lives in the sewer system. Where there is plumbing, he can go.

Flaws:

• Fluidity. He can't stay in one form for too long, he will start showing deformities after the first eight hours. And that situation can't be mended until he returns to his true form. It's like he exhausted his shape shifting ability just by keeping the current shape. That is also why he can only alter the original human he's mimicking to a certain extent, like changing the bone structure, the muscular mass and creating growth. There are so many changes he can do before he starts losing control over his shape and deteriorate back into liquid form.
  • Temperamental. And I mean this in the most literal way. In extreme temperatures, he will get damaged. For instance, in extreme cold- his regeneration slows down, as well as his movement speed. However, his shapes' durability timer is longer. In extreme heat, he grows deformities faster and risks losing control over his shape.
  • Destructive Fluids. Concentrated acid, Lava, liquid nitrogen (A LOT of it) that's the only way to destroy him, but you'd need to seal him in an entire pool of that liquid for a couple of hours. He won't die so easily.
  • Childlike Behavior. He's very impulsive, very urge-oriented, easily distracted and extremely excitable (OOH! A PENNY!).

Specify Ons:

• BDSM- Only if it's plot related.
  • Gangbang- Again, plot related, and probably NC related too.

Specify Hard Offs:

• Hard Gore- My problem is with the execution; No eyeballs popping out, no stomach turning descriptions that are unnecessary for the plot. I get violence, I can deal with blood, spilled guts and chopped organs, what I can't deal with is lengthy descriptions that reach the point of indulging in gore. There’s an easy fix for that, I’ll just change anything you cut into liquid, be warned.

Sexuality: He likes men, they taste better (mostly because of manly body odour. Girls, don't be offended! He likes stinky things!). It may change, because fear is a huge delicacy of his, too.

Content Level: Nightmare

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes. Hell.

Face Claim?: The Flesh. Doctor Who.

Connections?: I’m looking for someone for Stranger to develop an obsession on, and also someone for Stranger to infect/turn into a psychopath killer. PM me.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Jeufufns

lol while looking for pictures I came across Mentor Rel Mayer's profile pic
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Rish

Rel Mayer

Sweet! Awesome characters, Roen and Rish. I have only glanced at them, but give me a little bit to really look them over before you're approved. (A bit under the weather currently.)

Also awesome that you found my avatar!

Rish

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 19, 2015, 02:33:26 PM
Sweet! Awesome characters, Roen and Rish. I have only glanced at them, but give me a little bit to really look them over before you're approved. (A bit under the weather currently.)

Also awesome that you found my avatar!
Thank you very much~ If you feel like I need to add or change anything when you get to it, feel free to say so!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Roen on September 19, 2015, 05:15:17 AM
Bringing my boys back!

Main Character, Marcus Sinclair
Name: Marcus Sinclair

Physical Description: Pretty much what you see in the picture, only covered with tattoos around his arms (Right, Left), on the side of his neck, across his chest, his back and on the back of his calves

Personality: Marc is what you might call a salty individual - rough around the edges. He doesn't go for the delicate touch. A smile can open many doors, but so can a rocket launcher (and sometimes Marc thinks that his life would have been so much easier if he had one). He's got a character, he's brave and strong headed. He’s an ex-military, yes, ex-drug user, sure, with a criminal mind, but he does have an honour system of sorts.   

History: Doctor Johnathan Sinclair was a prodigy long before he got his degrees- especially in the fields of Biochemistry, Nanotechnology and Genetic Engineering. He finished high school at the age of 15 and got his master’s degree before he hit 20, soon after that, he received his own research grant at the secluded and highly respectable institution of Nightwood Falls’s University.

This story, however, is about his younger brother: Marcus Sinclair.

Marc's life couldn't be any more different than his brother's. He wasn't just the middle child- he was the problem child (which, admittedly, do go hand in hand sometimes). As a child, he used to have a lot of nightmares, even during the day. He would call his mother into his room or run to where she was at least three times a day; he talked about scary smiling people coming out from under his bed, from inside the closets, crawling through the walls or trying to grab him through the mirrors.
His father was a military man at the time, so he wasn't there a lot. When he was there- he would mainly take both his sons into improvised military-style camping: teaching them how to survive in harsh environments, how to defend themselves with/without weapons, how to shoot. That wasn't the sort of scenarios in which one would feel comfortable to tell his father about the monsters under his bed. His mother didn't have much in the way of money to spend on therapists; Marcus was told to ignore the nightmares, and so he did- until he couldn't.

When he couldn't, he turned to booze- whatever he could put his teenager's hands on. He'd get older people to buy it for him. He’d run around with unsavoury youth that knew of ways to get/steal some. He'd get into troubles left and right, putting his mother, his sister and older brother through the ringer. While drunk, the monsters appearances became less frequent, and even then- he was hardly sober enough to be scared. He got expelled from several different schools due to frequent case of misconduct, violence and insubordination. His mother didn't know what to do with him. His father, on the other way- knew exactly what had to be done.
When Marcus was 17, he was taken out of high school in favour of military boarding school. For a while- things seemed to be working out; The military disciplinary system forced him to clean his act. During the days he was constantly challenged by training and studies, and come nights- he was so tired that he couldn't spare time for monsters even if he wanted to. Marc was an accomplishing cadet: he finished the top of several of his classes, excelled at most of the trials and tests - which obviously made his father proud - and his relationship with the rest of his family improved. For a while, things seemed to be sorting themselves out on the best of terms. That is, until he was sent out to the field.

Out there, there weren't any classes. When he was shipped oversea, the trips introduced him to new and exotic looking 'monsters', creatures far more disturbing than those he was used to, but not only them. Surrounded by death on a daily basis, Marcus found himself repeatedly haunted by his fallen comrades, enemy agents and those that got caught in the crossfire. Especially those innocent victims. They were there constantly, standing by his bed, cold and dripping of blood, glaring accusingly at him. For the second time of his life, the problem child stopped sleeping.
Those foreign and distant lands didn't offer much in the way of alcohol, but they did do very well with drugs, especially opiates. Marc's first encounter with drugs left him dumbfounded. The monsters didn't just stop appearing, they disappeared completely! Even the constant feeling that he was being watched and followed from the shadows disappeared, and he didn't even know he had that. The relief was outstanding, and out there on the field- drugs were so easy to come by, especially as many of their unit's missions focused of relieving local drug lords and terrorist cells of their stocks. Once again- Marc found balance.

He did, however, quickly became addicted to the drugs, caught by his superiors after his indiscretions got two of his teammates killed and was dishonourably discharged by the army. Marc didn't have much in the way of home and family to come back to. His father was ashamed, he wouldn’t even look him in the eyes; his mother was so worried, constantly anxious so it became more than a burden to be around her. His brother was away at the university and didn't have much time to deal with him; His younger sister was a teenager with her own set of problems.

Through all that, he cared about one thing and one thing only: the drugs. Every druggy gets that, that selfish obsession that transforms his life into one that exclusively revolves getting and using the next fix. That character flaw was only worsen by how he needed the peace of mind that they offered. It didn't take long before he left his family home, living with fellow addicts for a couple of months. He stole, he assaulted, he robbed and he lied, he even whored himself out on an occasion. He would do anything, anything at all, if it meant getting himself high.
"Anything" soon turned out to be a convenient store armed robbery. The soldier in him, who coincidentally aced his military-law class, knew enough to realize what a horrible mistake that would be. The drug fiend in him didn’t care, he was short and the drug prices have gone up. One good score, that’s all he needed, and it wasn’t going to turn bad, right? After all, he had his boys covering his back. During the heist, there was an unplanned shooting, as most robbery shootings tend to be; He wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger, but he was the one who stayed behind trying to keep the shop owner from bleeding out on the floor. He failed at that, too. Marcus was convicted in accessory to a crime and involuntary man slaughter.

Knowing he was going away, this way or the other, he refused to name his partners, and so he got hit hard in the sentencing. He was originally sentenced to 15 years in prison, but he was released after five years, due to three reasons: Overcrowding, good behaviour and humanitarian release- both his father and his older brother died that year. His older brother, Dr. Johnathan Sinclair, died first. He was said to have jumped from one of the Nightwood’s cliffs above the falls, but his body was never recovered. His father died two months after that, he committed suicide with his own personal gun.
The deaths were too much for his mother to handle, she fell apart. That was partially the reason the probation committee chose to release Marcus. He was needed back home, to take care of his mother and his younger sister. He did just that, the grief and having people depended on him helped him stay on the straight and narrow- no drugs, no alcohol, he dealt with his demons on his own. He dealt with them the way his parents originally instructed him: he ignored them. He ignored the butchered faces staring at him from inside the coffee cabinet; he ignored the dead hands helping him wash his back at the shower; he ignored the monsters that got into his bed at night and the ones whispering to him from under it. Marcus ignored them all, and for a time- it started to feel as if he wasn’t seeing them at all. That was, at least, until his dead brother came to him one night and kindly suggested that he would check the tool-shed where his father killed himself.

In that tool-shed he didn't find the dreaded ghost of his father. Thankful for that, the good soldier followed the dead brother’s instructions and searched. He had to look very carefully before he found his father's lost cell phone, hidden under a rusty wheelbarrow, where the police evidentially neglected to search. Charging and checking the phone didn't recover much, he discovered that his father deleted all of his text messages and other correspondences prior to his death.
However, his father wasn't much of a tech-whizz, as the old generation rarely are. When he checked his email application, he discovered an unsent mail in his drafts folder. Apparently, his father must have tried to delete a text message and pressed 'Attach to E-mail' by mistake. The attached message was from his older brother, Johnathan, it was dated a day before his said death. It said:

'Don't come looking for me.
Delete EVERYTHING!
They know.'

When he showed the cellphone to the police, they thought it was a joke. They called his probation officer, who strongly encouraged him to drop it and concentrate on his rehabilitation. Marcus had no choice, not as far as he was concerned. His father was dead, his brother probably too, he had to do it. He had to do right by his family for once in his life.

He broke his probation and fled all the way up north, to Nightwood Falls.

Quirks:

• Gun. His Father's gun, a military issued Beretta 900s with 12 rounds magazine, fully loaded and 4 other magazines to spear.
  • Cold Weapons. He's got a hunting knife and a collapsible baton, courtesy of his father's wares.
  • Military Training. Outdoors survival, hand-to-hand combat, advanced marksmanship and fighting with cold weapons (Krav Maga style).
  • Physically Fit. His military experience and years of surviving in prison have left his body fit for physically strenuous situations, he has a very high stamina, he can hold his own in lifting and pushing, and he can run pretty fast for long distances.
  • Ex-Con. You know what they say about street-smart? Well, take that and multiply it by ten and you can begin to understand the kind of insight prison experience might get you. Inside a prison environment you have hundreds of different convicted murderers, rapists, gang members, drug addicts on withdrawal, who form alliances and cliques. Favours are traded for either goods or –more commonly- blood; people are getting lynched and killed there for gang initiations, for outside related issues, for half burnt cigarette buds. The only thing standing between you and a shiv is about 20 underpaid prison guards, who can be easily bought or threatened. Paranoia is a virtue; so is learning to successfully inspect the lay of the land; to read people's body languages and learn from their looks whether or not you’re on today's menu. Knowing when to shut up and mind your own business is also a pretty important skill, but Marcus was never big on that.

Flaws:

• Hot Head. He has a hot temper. It doesn't take much to ignite it, and he doesn't cool off so easily.
  • Paranoia. He doesn't trust many people, and he always expects someone to jump on him. He will leave a well-lit open street for a dark alley, if he thought a street vendor looked at him funny.
  • Addiction. Yep, it's still there. He tries to stay clean, but it wouldn't take much to get him back to his bad habits. As for alcoholism, he still drinks. Sometimes he drinks too much.
  • Nightmares. He learned to ignore monsters when he sees them. In a town like Nightwood Falls, that's not a particularly healthy habit.
  • Ex-Con. Apart for not being the most reliable individual, to all who find out about his past, he also broke probation. Sooner or later- he will become a fugitive, criminal in the eyes of the law.

Specify Ons:

• BDSM-
  • Gangbang- Probably goes with the NC.

Specify Hard Offs:

Sexuality: He used to be heterosexual, but prison helped him expand his horizons (amongst other things). He's mostly bi with a leaning towards men now. 

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes. This is a horror game, but I would appreciate the courtesy of a PM before my character gets killed, to see if there's something I can do to prevent it. The degree would be Hell.

Face Claim?: Marc Blucas

Connections?: He will be actively trying to figure out what went wrong in NWF. His goal is to make sure the people responsible to his brother’s death pay dearly and painfully. No inter-character connections just yet. When/if he dies, it would either be a heroic death of self-sacrifice for the sake of saving another or, maybe, snuff? Iffy about that, but I’d prefer it to him being killed randomly and meaninglessly.   

Knowing Character, Dr. Sin

Name: "Sin" or "Dr. Sin", real name unknown.

Occupation: The Knowing's appointed physician. Resides in the belly of the Knowing's headquarters.

Physical Description: Those who have seen him in line of duty, haven't lived to tell the tale. To those who have worked beside him, he seemed like a severely disturbed individual, yet human nonetheless. His head is shaved and the sickening costume/weapon depicted in the picture. The sides of his mouth have been roughly stitched to keep the tubes in, the purpose of the tubes is unclear. Those that come close enough to observe would notice several other metal tubes going in and out of his body.

Personality: Brisk, grumpy, a true man of few words. To his victims, he is cold and uncaring, rarely actually angered when he strikes. His work is a thing of precision and self-control. When he is angered, he's like a beast. Those who lived to tell of his anger were usually the ones standing outside the room, listening to the screams coming from within.   

History: So you have your average knowing: those two-faced snakes, going about their day like any everyday man or woman. They would lie to your face, kindly greet you when they see you on the street, offer your kids some candy, and you a helping hand when they see you hauling more than you can carry.

Sin is precisely the opposite.
He doesn't go outside of the Knowing headquarters, he won't greet you hello when you see him. The best you'd get out of him (the knowing ones of you) is an intimidating grunt. He won't offer a helping hand, because his metallic claws never come off, and he would never tell you a lie. He won't have to. The reason for that is, if you're not of the cult, and you've reached the point where you are sent to him, the time for lies has long past. It would be the time for pain.

Sin is the Knowing physician, and he's there to supply the cult with treatments they wouldn't be able to get at the local clinic. He separates men from their lies. His specialty is extracting the truth out of living things, helping them overcome their sanity, and – eventually - discarding of whatever is left. He is the cult's main investigator, torturer and executioner.

No one but the highest ranking members of the cult know where he came from. Most low-ranking members never had to work beside him- he is kept where no pretty faces are needed. The red band on his left forearm makes people think that he used to be a Nazi. Although he hardly seems old enough to be a World War 2 criminal, and the red band has no markings on it. When he goes out, it's usually while the sirens are blasting and the mists are at large. He walks amongst the monsters, attending errands that require a little more intent and control than the average monster can provide. For that he had been rumoured to be a little less than human (or a little more). No one that ever spoken to him would be able to claim that the man wasn't alive or intelligent; but there's an off feeling about him, something not quite right.

Quirks:

• Medical Learning. If you know how to heal, then you know how to hurt. Sin could have been a talented physician indeed.
  • Agility. He's pretty quick for a man, don't let his clumsy looking outfit fool you. That isn't to say that if and when you see him, you shouldn't run. You simply run faster.
  • Strength. He's not just all claws, he's strong as well, beware.
  • Metallic Claws. These aren't his hands, these are gloves, but he never takes them off. They are his favourite weapon. And. He. Never. Takes. Them. Off.
  • Human. That's to say that he's not your average monster. He's focused, he's clever and he’s cunning. He is highly resourceful and he doesn't rely on the mist for strength.

Flaws:

• Ugly as a Baby Wombat. Unlike most other Knowing, you can see him coming from a mile away. He can't fool you with a smile and a friendly pat on the shoulder, and he won't try to.
  • Fatigue. Unlike the monsters, he can get tired. If you outrun him long enough, he'd probably leave you alone… Temporarily.
  • Obedience. He has his orders and he follows them to the letter. If you're not on his shopping list and you don't pose a threat- he won't touch you. If you somehow get one of his superiors to call him off, even while he's cutting you- he'll leave you alone. He'd probably even try to stitch you back up, if you can stomach his bedside manners.
  • Suit and Claws. Here's the thing. His getup is pretty big and awkward, but that's not even the best part. If any of the tubes in his outfit would get undone or detached, and there's no immediate threat in his area: he will stop, he will take a seat and he will fix the loose tube. He'd probably find a way to cripple you before he does, though, so be careful.
  • Human. Again, not a monster, he can be killed a lot easier than a monster.

Link your O&O: My O&Os

Specify Ons:

• BDSM-

Specify Hard Offs:

Sexuality: Much like his attacks, he only rapes when given specific instructions to do so. When he does, the gender won't matter, he isn't picky. 

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? Yes, Hell. 

Face Claim?: Frankenstein's Army, unsure about the specific name of this creature.

Surprise GM Events? Yes.

Connections?: CLASSIFIED.

Hellloooooo Marcus!! Some muscle should be nice for these Main Characters. And I already like the crazy Dr. Sin.

Approved and Approved!

Quote from: Roen on September 19, 2015, 05:48:44 AM
Monster character, Stranger

Name: Stranger

Occupation: Shape Shifter, Master of Nightmares, Creator of human monsters. He resides in the town's sewer system and in his past victims' dreams.

Physical Description: The truest description of Stranger is a puddle of goo. Other than that, he could be anyone, anything and anywhere he damn well pleases. He can be the grocer at the market, your husband coming back from taking out the garbage, your daughter after taking a long bath. He can even be the couch you are sitting so comfortably on right now. 

Personality: Childish, he's very young, as far as doppelgangers go. He's impulsive and self-centred, easily excitable, yet cruel and hot tempered, he likes getting off. A lot.
That said, there’s also another side to him, a split personality per-say, and its nature is classified.

History: Do you know how sometimes politicians say how "I am the people of this town, the people of this town are me"? Well, Stranger actually is the people of this town.
Over the years, the town has taken many lives, either by the knowing or the monsters that have lurked around. Many of the victims have been discarded into the nearest available dump site- the sewers. Tens upon hundreds of bodies accumulated there, sweating, spoiling, decomposing… And that's Stranger, or, at least, what stranger originally was- the rot. Stranger came out of the rot of hundreds of corpses of innocent people who were brutally and tragically murdered. First he grew on them, and then he started to consume them.

At first he was nothing more than a slimy fungus, unintelligent. His entire being focused on one thing- consuming the rotten flesh, decompose it like the good little bacteria he was. But something happened, perhaps it was the proximity to the lake monster's energy, maybe it was the countless terrible ways in which those people have died… Stranger evolved, he became more. More conscious, more mobile, sentient, hungrier… He ate and he ate and he ate- cleaning the bones, dissolving the bones, eating up the marrow. Day in and day out, as time progressed, the body-count only grew, and Stranger thrived.

Soon he discovered that he can not only eat the flesh and the bones, he can study them while digesting them. He could mimic them, he could grow them himself, he could become them. Stranger indulged himself in every new thing he could grow- a nose, a hand, an ear, a tongue… Eyes! Seeing the sewers around him, he discovered that he could mimic stone, he could mimic plants, and wood, and cloth… He could be the world!

Soon after, he became bored. Sure, he could be anybody and anything he wanted, but he was so lonely, so bored, so unchallenged. What good is it to eat things that don't even talk back? So he got out, and walked among the flesh things while they were still fresh. Their fragrances confused him, they didn't smell as tasty as the ones he was storing downstairs. They smelled… Unripe, under seasoned. He did, however, love to hear the funny sounds they made when he ate them.

He discovered there were different ways to eat meat. Sure, you could season it with a bit of mould and rot, but that took so long to happen! He discovered that scared meat tasted well, and pained meat tasted even better. However, insane meat was truly a delicacy.
He discovered that if he gave them just a little bit of himself and set them free, he could stay in touch with them and scare them during the nights, he could frighten them repeatedly and get them ready to eat. If he did that often enough, for a long enough period of time, he could drive them insane- and then really have a feast! He once had a man driven mad and kill his wife and two daughters. When Stranger came to visit him- the man actually joined him in eating his family's bodies. Stranger had so much fun! It was such an attraction, seeing meat eating other meat and then having the meat eating meat for dessert.
Good times.

One thing he doesn't eat or mimic is monsters. He had a monster a while back, it gave him indigestion- an experience he does not care to repeat. So he can't morph into monsters generally, he has the one mimic he can do and he saves it as a last resort only. 

Quirks:

• Shape-Shifting. That's pretty straight forward. He can change into anything he wants. Which makes luring victims into traps mighty easy.
  • Dream-Weaving. Once he gets a bit of himself into a victim, he can send night and day terrors to frighten the victim, get them ready in time for dinner. *Discloser: I am fully aware that this means a certain form of mind control, controlling another person's dreams. It's not for everyone, only for those who wish to be raped then afterwards have to struggle with the nightmares.When he rapes, he does so in semi-humanoid form, which will be agreed upon with the player.
  • Rapid Regeneration. You can't kill Stranger by stabbing or dismembering. He can grow new organs faster than you can cut them off, and he doesn't even need them in the first place… Remember, couch?
  • Superior Mobility. He lives in the sewer system. Where there is plumbing, he can go.

Flaws:

• Fluidity. He can't stay in one form for too long, he will start showing deformities after the first eight hours. And that situation can't be mended until he returns to his true form. It's like he exhausted his shape shifting ability just by keeping the current shape. That is also why he can only alter the original human he's mimicking to a certain extent, like changing the bone structure, the muscular mass and creating growth. There are so many changes he can do before he starts losing control over his shape and deteriorate back into liquid form.
  • Temperamental. And I mean this in the most literal way. In extreme temperatures, he will get damaged. For instance, in extreme cold- his regeneration slows down, as well as his movement speed. However, his shapes' durability timer is longer. In extreme heat, he grows deformities faster and risks losing control over his shape.
  • Destructive Fluids. Concentrated acid, Lava, liquid nitrogen (A LOT of it) that's the only way to destroy him, but you'd need to seal him in an entire pool of that liquid for a couple of hours. He won't die so easily.
  • Childlike Behavior. He's very impulsive, very urge-oriented, easily distracted and extremely excitable (OOH! A PENNY!).

Specify Ons:

• BDSM- Only if it's plot related.
  • Gangbang- Again, plot related, and probably NC related too.

Specify Hard Offs:

• Hard Gore- My problem is with the execution; No eyeballs popping out, no stomach turning descriptions that are unnecessary for the plot. I get violence, I can deal with blood, spilled guts and chopped organs, what I can't deal with is lengthy descriptions that reach the point of indulging in gore. There’s an easy fix for that, I’ll just change anything you cut into liquid, be warned.

Sexuality: He likes men, they taste better (mostly because of manly body odour. Girls, don't be offended! He likes stinky things!). It may change, because fear is a huge delicacy of his, too.

Content Level: Nightmare

Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell): Yes. Hell.

Face Claim?: The Flesh. Doctor Who.

Connections?: I’m looking for someone for Stranger to develop an obsession on, and also someone for Stranger to infect/turn into a psychopath killer. PM me.

And yes, this one is approved too!

Quote from: Rish on September 18, 2015, 05:09:43 PM
Watching...:

Occupation: The darkness, the shadows, the place where things slumber and wait..the corner of your eyes.

Physical Description: The 'Watching', as it is known, and as it has accepted by the things it watches is a creature that does not have a solid substance at most times. It is a creature of illusions, of trickery and false sights. It hides within the shadows, watching, waiting, preying on the things it sees. It is a creature of a thousand eyes, able to see, and keep seeing even if a hundred of its eyes are gorged out from existence.

But its actual appearance, its 'true' form shows itself by leaving the very shadows it lives in. Depending on the shadows its birthed from the size of the monster will be different. But the actual shape of it never changes. The watcher does not have any legs, instead it has eight limbs that are triple jointed, able to twist, bend, and move in ways no limb should be able to move without snapping. Each limb holding three large and muscular digits with sharp talons hooked onto the end. The head of the creature is small, almost 'human' despite the large, bulking, misshapen and shifting build of its body. It holds a tiny mouth, with tusks bulging out and forcing the mouth to stay out. Where thin but extremely long tendrils fleck and squirm around.

The spine of the monster holds four more tendrils, much thicker, much more bulky and littered in tiny teeth. Rotted and black. Coiled together to seem like one long limb and hiding the teeth from view.

And finally, the belly of the beast. A first it appears bloated, round and squishing up against the ground as the form of it moves along. But in truth that hides the very nature of its true maw. For that large girth is actually a closed mouth, opened to expose as many teeth as it has eyes. Cracked, sharp, and spinning around like a saw.   

Personality: It watches...it twists, it changes everything around itself and the area its in. It wants them to see..to watch the world like it does. To see the eyes widen in fright at everything like it does. The fear, the madness, the fright and panic that glimmer from every one of its eyes. Unable to blind, unable to close and turn away. It is always watching, always waiting..waiting for its prey to snap. To break and lash out. To see the sight of them breaking themselves.

History: The watcher was born from the very essence of the victims that had passed in fear and terror in this place, their memories, their fears and their hatred for those that just WATCHED and did nothing to help them empowering this being into creation. A new monster born from the fears and hatred of humans. It doesn't know how old it is, the age of its memorizes combined, the age of the age it lurks in?

• Darkness in ones mind: As long as it lives within the darkness, as long as it sits, watching. It can effect the minds of those it sees. Making them doubt everything they see. The people they are with. Bringing their own nightmares into existence before their very eyes.
  • Empowered by darkness: The larger the darkness, the larger the shadow, the larger and more powerful the watching is. As more of its eyes can spread out and keep watching...

• Out of mind, Within the Light: Once it leaves the shadows, the dark, and takes on its 'solid' form it can no longer effect the minds of its prey. Taking a full, whole presence in the world and 'existing' instead of just something that creeps in their minds.
  • Weakened by light: Light weakens it, shrinking its height, making it lose eyes and strength.

Link your O&O: N/A, this is a horror. Wouldn't really fit.

Specify Ons: Eyes....fear...delicious females...

Specify Hard Offs: Be Specific - Erm, its horror, so I guess I will be open to most things. Just the normal Scat/Waterworks I want to avoid. Oh, the prey can pee themselves. But it won't be anything to do with a kink, it will be out of fear. At least that is what I hope for.

Sexuality: Females, it craves females in that manner.

Content Level: Hell.

Death? (Y) Degree of Death? (Hell): He's a monster. Monsters are meant to be killed by man.

Face Claim?: Claims eyes....

Connections?: I want to effect a group of people in a single building, have them doubt, fear, and unable to see the truth of anything. Cause them to panic, to flee, to kill and maim. To drive them to the point of insanity. Basically I want to get inside other 'characters' heads and twist them as much as possible.

I like this monster idea! Should be fun for some haunting! We will see about getting a group of people for these eyes to lurk on!

Approved!

Feel free to post the characters in the appropriate threads listed in the first page of the Recruitment/OOC thread. :)

Rish