Nightwood Falls (2.0) - Horror Sandbox Game (Recruiting)

Started by Rel Mayer, September 03, 2015, 03:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

**Currently recruiting new players!

Nightwood Falls
2015 version of Nightwood Falls (2014). Thank you Sindra and Strangefate for getting this started last year!

In the velvet darkness.
On the blackest night. Burning Bright...
There's a Guiding Star...
No matter what or who you are...

FAQ:

What is this?
-This is a remake of the group game that took place a year ago. Since it's close to Halloween -- I like to indulge in a little bit of horror.
Gimmie a quick rundown of the setting:
-September and October monsters come alive and run around causing terror in the city. The Knowing are individuals who bring Main Characters/Victims into the town in hopes of vacations, jobs, etc. to only discover that once the night hits on September 1st, Monsters come alive. This is kinda like if you mashed American Horror Story and every single monster idea ever. It's a blank canvas for monsters and individuals.
Is it gonna be really scary?
-It'll be as scary as you want it to be! Sindra (last year) outlined horror ratings were players can state their comfort levels.
What's the difference between this one and the last one?
-This one is going to be more of a sandbox. More room for players to really do what they want to do in the horror land. Anyone can play monsters. Anyone can play victims. Anyone can play the knowing. It's really open to make whatever you want it to do.
I played last year. Is the story concept the same?
-Unfortunately no... I'm keeping the city, but I am assuming that the evil is basically alive for two months out of the year. September 1st starts the day that everything changes and the monsters are awakened. Most people who are in the town year to year will be Knowing. Main Characters/Victims will be people who are traveling through, just moved by, or... basically it's an open book as long as they don't know how haunted the place is.
Is this seasonal?
-Yes! I'm going to only keep up with it until mid-November with GM events, but you're welcome to continue posting if you're really enjoying a story with peeps!
What importance do the dates have?
-The beginning week of September is basically chaos because everything is just starting again, and everything continues to get awesome until the last week ... which leads up to Halloween and a grand event to end the hauntings, before the monsters go back into hibernation. If you have any fun ideas to put in, let me know!
What is this 'Surprise GM Event' note on my character sheet mean?
-I understand that some people love building their own stories and not having surprise or scary events pop-up on them. Because of that, you can state that you would not like GM events to interfere with your characters, or you can state that you would like to only be part of BIG events and not surprise little 'boo' instances with monsters. On the opposite side, if you do decide to participate in surprise GM events -- you can be having a normal conversation and a monster may appear out of nowhere to stir things up. It's up to you!
Who's the GM?
-That would be me, Rel Mayer. Last year Sindra and Strangefate were GMs as well, but unfortunately they're a bit busy this year. I'd like someone to help out, but it's not nessicary. If you're game, feel free to toss me a PM and we can work our some CO-GMness.
I noticed there are areas of importance. What are these?
-There are themed areas that you can have interactions. Also, they can give you ideas for characters and monsters. For instance: You may be part of the hotel staff and work under the bidding of the GM character or you could be one of the monsters who haunts the rooms. You could be one of the witches who are attending the specialty private school in the schooling. You could be some of the crazy killers who live in the Asylum. It's endless, but it gives you a lot opportunity o make your nightmares come true!
Horror Ratings?
-This is just to make sure players are comfortable. Please respect them and read about the ruling on them.
Can I make whatever I want?
-YES! Please feel free to make a bunch of victims, knowing, monsters -- whatever! The only thing that I ask is that you do not exceed the character limit of four. I'm letting it be pretty high in this game, just because players can be monsters, victims, knowing, and main characters that can fight the horror!
Smut?
-Duh! But really, smut is always welcome, but there is also a fun storytelling aspect that can be applied to this game! I'd like to personally see both.

--Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Rules:

• This is a LGBTA friendly community - show respect
  • Keep Drama out of OOC!
  • Character limit is 4 maximum (exceptions will be made if you're making Victims that are going to be killed off quickly)
  • Must use headers in all posts
  • Must respect Content Warnings
  • Must specify Hard Offs on character sheets
  • Must respect Hard Offs of characters being played with
  • Art is accepted for monsters. Main Characters, Knowning and Victims have to be real life images
  • This game falls in the EXTREME category, but we don't expect everyone to have the interests. Please pay attention to Content Warnings
  • Elliquiy's Site Roleplaying and Storytelling Rules will be followed.
  • Main Character Death/Knowing MUST be approved by GM as well as the party involved
  • Discussing potential scenes in OOC and PM is going to be crucial to make sure everyone gets the maximum enjoyment! I encourage it!

Links:

The Setting:

IC Game Time: Will start on September 1st, 2010 and will be open until September 10th, 2010.
GM Events: Will be posted in the thread with a warning on the header.

First off: You can play monsters, knowing, victims, and main characters! The maximum character count is 4, but I'll make an exception if you're just playing a bunch of victims to be killed. Hence why their character sheet is pretty short.

This is a fairly quiet town is inhabited by a cult called The Knowing - who brought back the dark spirits by summoning alive the Lake Monster. Every year monsters and horrifying people are allowed to roam free and gain their magic for two months. Beginning with September 1st once the night falls and until the morning sun on November 1st. During this time, witches get their powers back, monsters roam free, and everything terrifying exists again. The Knowing spends ten months out of the year either promoting tourism in Nightwood or getting new victims to stay in their town by opening new job requests. Sometimes they even capture people just for the occasion. 

There is a heavy fog that comes over the town every morning and sometimes in the evening, it makes it very hard to see and there can be a change of personality in some, as well as fear in weaker spirits. Some may even grow stronger when the mist comes. When the fog hits, Main Characters and Victims have limited sight and are more prone to be attacked by Monsters or The Knowing. While in the fog, Main Characters/Victims also will struggle to stay alive and figure out how to escape Nightwood Falls.

...But even if they make it to the outskirts of the town, there is no escaping Nightwood Falls until November 1st, 2010.

On September 1st, once the night falls, sirens will blare. During that time people have the option of grouping up together and fighting the monsters in the town or forest - or they have the option of facing the creatures in the mansion/safe house. Combat will be free form and abuse of weapons and abilities will be carefully watched. If you're playing a Monster and you're wanting to cause some terror, you have to approve it with the player if you want to interact with their character. This also applies to Main Characters/Victims/Knowing wanting to fight against a Monster. Please keep up with each other in OOC to avoid drama!

In the off time, it will be a sort of mystery trying to collect the pieces to discover how to undo the spell that The Knowing have place. Please keep in mind that The Knowing will be playing along with Main Characters - and Main Characters are not supposed to suspect them unless they give valid reason. The game has the opportunity for Main Characters to gang up on a potential Knowing (or even a Victim) and kill them for information, etc. This strongly depends on character interactions. Main Characters are the meat of the game, which is why I encourage you to play one!

There's also the option of some smutty sex that occur during off time between monster times - or if you're lucky, the smutty awesome still can occur during monster times. >:) The goal of this is to explore some of the smut horror themes for some, or just to just play a fun little horror/mystery story with some players who are going to respect your boundaries.

Once you enter Nightwood Falls - you can't leave. Or at least no one knows how yet. People who lived in the town are trying to figure out how. Most people are up in the Mansion trying to fend off the monsters coming, but within the mansion there are also a lot of unknowing monsters beginning to awaken.

Character Information

**If you're going to PM your CS: PM Rel Mayer for approval!
**You can also post them in the thread - so other people can see what you created.
**I urge you to make connections and figure out what you're wanting from this game! It's really an open book and you can make whatever you want of it.

Main Characters...

Main Characters - It is encouraged to have a main character.  The main characters will be the survivors attempting to make it through each of the monster attacks, gather supplies and figure out the deeper mysteries of the town.

As the town is smaller in size, characters are encouraged to at least be familiar with one another.  Character connections will really be driving the sandbox portions of the game. 

Main characters can be visitors staying at Nightwood Falls, unknowing inhabitants, or anything reasonable that you may come up with.

Keep this in mind while making your main characters: (More detailed information on Horror Ratings listed below)
**Normal: The character cannot be killed and the levels of bloodplay and pain they experience would be minimal.

**Nightmare:  The character can be serious harmed but not be killed.  The level of violence and bloodplay for this would be increased over the Normal.

**Hell: This character can be seriously harmed and killed.  The more extreme elements can be included in this category – gore, vore, snuff, dismemberment, etc. 

The Victims...

Victim characters will be another option for players to create in addition to a main character.  As the title suggests, they will likely become victims of the monsters.  Players are encouraged to play victims should they desire!

As this is an extreme game and there are expected to be deaths, the players must chose the level of harm the character can potentially come to.  (More detail on horror ratings listed below)

**Normal: The character cannot be killed and the levels of bloodplay and pain they experience would be minimal.

**Nightmare:  The character can be serious harmed but not be killed.  The level of violence and bloodplay for this would be increased over the Softcore.

**Hell: This character can be seriously harmed and killed.  The more extreme elements can be included in this category – gore, vore, snuff, etc. 

**(More information can be found below)

Because Victim characters don't have to fill out quirks or flaws, they can't aid in a fight against a monster, but they also won't weight a party down either. They're basically there for flair and reaction. :) And to be subject to different levels of torture and death if the player wishes.

Victim characters also have the potential to be turned into a monster should all of the parties involved agree (the monster player, the victim player and the GM).  It is very possible for some of the monsters (werewolves and vampires as two examples) to create more of their kind.  Alterations to character sheets would be made if/when a victim were to make the transition.

The Monsters...

Monster characters will be allowed for players, but it is encouraged to also have a main character/knowing/victim as well.  These characters will be terrorizing the town and all who reside within it.  There will be a limited number of monster slots available at any given time (two per person).  All monster characters will require GM approval.

As well, the guide above (Normal, Nightmare and Hell) will be used for monster characters to indicate how far the player is willing to have their monster go.  It is mandatory that all monster characters respect the boundaries of the victim characters at all times. 

As this is an extreme game and the GM would like the element of horror to remain intact – sexy monsters will not be accepted. This is reffering to the fact that werewolves and vampires can be monsters, but they can't look like normal people that just turn when they want to. The monsters in this game are meant to be horrifying!

There is the possibility that victim characters you create can turn into monsters as well. If you have an idea for one - please share it and we can discuss a plot device to get it going. :)

The Knowing...

The Knowing are characters that start knowing the truth about the events that led up to the monsters being freed and had some role to play in it.  These characters are designed to be hidden among the survivors and struggling to keep their secret.  Just because they helped with the monsters returning doesn't mean that the monsters will take pity on them!  Not to mention what the other people might do!

These characters are limited to one per player (at most).  These characters will be heavily scrutinized by the GM before approval.  As well, Knowing characters cannot be Main Characters as there must be the option to kill these characters.  If you are opposed to a character dying - this is not the character concept for you.

The Knowing are heavily influenced by the evil within the town from the unknown source. They are born with this bit of evil growing inside of them or are baptized later when they're accepted into the cult. The darkness speaks within them and compels them to do it's bidding. The Knowing must have a character background that is relevant to how they were put into the cult and what role they play into it.

If a Knowing is approved, the GM will be sending private messages with information.  While all information regarding the world will be available to all players out of character – the knowledge that these characters possess in game will be given to each approved Knowing.

Character Creation and Hard Offs

A character sheet will be created for the game and filled out.  However, the GM would like to make it very clear that HARD OFFS need to be listed on ALL character sheets (in addition to links to O/O's, etc).  This is not only an extreme game but a horror one and the actions of the monsters will reflect this.  However, player boundaries are very important to maintain and it is necessary to have them in an easy to see location.

Victim and Monster Rating

Normal, Nightmare and Hell notations should be on all character sheets and on each tagging post.  Please do not ask a player to move beyond what they are comfortable with in terms of their rating. It should be noted here that the game will include blood play and violence against victims.  These ratings are only meant to determine how much of these things a player is willing to have happen to their characters.  If you are not comfortable with blood and violence – this is probably not the game for you. 

Horror Ratings!

Horror Ratings

**Please note that ALL HARD OFFS must be adhered to regardless of what Horror Rating a character has**

Normal
-Minor cuts/scratches: shallow wounds that might bleed mildly.
-Minor Burns: 
-Physical Beating: Being punched, kicked, etc
-Blood: Minor amounts of blood (meaning that the character might bleed from injuries)

Other things that fall into this category would be other minor injuries or harm that could come to a character. 

Nightmare
-Deep Wounds:  Cuts and scratches can go much deeper and have longer lasting effects
-Major burns: Both in the context of more bodily coverage and more painful
-Physical Beating:  As above but harder and could land in broken bones
-Blood: A lot more blood letting can happen in this category.  Including spurts or gushing blood
-Mild Physical, Mental or Emotional torture: forced pain and prolonged pain can begin in this category.

This is the most broad category.  Anything that doesn't fall into the Hell category but is too dark for the
Normal category. 

Hell
-Extreme Gore: elements of gore that could include massive bloodiness, organs, etc
-Vore: Nom nom nom
-Snuff
-Extreme Torture
-Multilation
-Cannibalism

Special Thread - Hell

Hell As many people don't care to read about the more extreme actions, the GM is going to create a thread that is entirely for the Hell(ish) interactions that start kinda crazy and will end rather crazy. This is up for players to decide, because I'm going to be enforcing people to use their content warnings for other scenes. This thread would be used for very Hellish Smut Scenes and the like.  All character interactions that include these themes should be posted in the Special Thread rather than the characters current location. 

So basically, if you have a very CLOSED interaction with another player that's very Extreme, put it in this thread.

Sex

As in most games on E, there's the option for characters to have sex in this game.  Characters, as always, can engage in any kind of sexual relationship they want to with other characters (provided that both players are willing).

Most of the potential sexual relations between characters and monsters will likely be Non-Con.  If a character wants to have sex with a tentacle monster, the details can be worked out with the player (or GM) posting for that monster.  Please bear in mind that it is unlikely that monsters will catch a victim, force itself on said victim and let them go! 

I don't mind smut in my games and actually encourage it. I know this is one of my favorite themes to write smut in, so please feel free to test the waters and indulge! But, with that being said, there is also a story telling and horror aspect to this game. So, please respect other players that want to tell a story and don't want to indulge in monster sexy-times all the time! 

The History

Nightwood Falls is a small quiet town in the middle two mountains. The weather is mostly chilly during this time of the year, enough to warrant long sleeves and a light jacket. Every morning a thick fog rolls in over the lake and coats the area, but people seem mostly quiet and reserved. The population is just over one thousand and during autumn they get a range of visitors who come in to fish at the lake, relax at the famous Crescent Hotel, or so some local sightseeing. There is even a university that only select applicants get accepted into, but they keep to themselves. They're very quiet on what they're researching, but some are rumored that this schooling is for exceptional 'gifted' individuals (witches and warlocks). The inhabitants of the town seem very welcome to visitors that come in and offer a variety of things for them to do: fishing, bike riding, hiking through the forests, shopping at the local shops, fine dining near the lake. It's a perfect place for a newly wed couple to spend their honeymoon... or  soeveryone thought.

There is a bit of an odd history when it comes to Nightwood Falls. Puritans once believes that this place was cursed and certain people were deemed 'unholy' and were haunted with dark magic. The believed that the only way to cleanse the land was to gather up men, women, and children who they believed with blessed with dark spirits and not part of their religions and then decided to burn them next to the lake. Hundreds of people were killed that day and ever since then their spirits and bodies are rumored to haunt the land. Trying to live out the life that was taken from them - angered that their innocent lives were taken. Legend has it that this anger has haunted the land for many years and they can hear their screams and moans within the mist that sets over the town.

Even though it's not spoken of much in the news, there have been a variety of 'odd' occurrences happening during September and October over the past few years. People falling into the lake during the middle of the night and drowning, people falling off cliffs and snapping their necks, car crashes from the fog, suicides, and some people even whisper of murders.What is especially odd is every decade something tragic happens. Ten years ago a school burned down in the middle of the day - students and teachers unable to escape, before that a factory burned to the ground, and before then a plague swept across and killed hundreds of people. This was never enough to warrant an investigation. The town continued keep this out of the news so people who come to visit Nightwood Falls and fall in love with its quaint charm. People do decide to settle in the area among The Knowing and the normal inhabitants. The town police seem to keep a fairly relaxed state on the town, just so it can keep it's small and quiet town feeling.

The truth is, everyone who is a resident of this town for over a year is very aware of the 'strange' occurances and actually promote strangers to come in and visit during tourist time in September and October. It's right when the leave start to change... as well as other things.

That is of course, except for The Knowing. The Knowing are a select group of people who once believed that the lake is blessed with a demon of darkness. In their beliefs it's said that on October 1st, 2009 a magical darkened spirit would come over the land. All of their blood spit and sacrifices would finally manifest and bring the rise of monsters. To prepare the land for this - they have been slowly murdering and kidnapping people. Feeding it to the darkness of the lake in hopes to please it so the spirit so it will come alive on October 1st, 2009.

And it worked.

The awakened the beast, but not for long. The Knowing discovered that the beast, who feeds the various monsters and evil magics, only awakens for two months out of the year. Depending on the slaughter from the previous years, depends on how strong the magic would be. The Knowing like to make sure there are plenty of new 'members' of the community who are unaware of the change that happens in Nightwood Falls in the months of September and October. Often, they are aiding of the monsters.

Although the Knowing worships the darkness and the monsters. They are not immune, the only advantage they have is that they're aware of the monsters and prepared to face them.

The Knowing:

The history of the knowing is that they've been around in this town for many years. They're established figures in the community, the mayor, the sheriff, owner and operator of the hotel, rich folk who own mansions, and principals in schools. Everyone who has been in Nightwood Falls for over a year is a Knowing and promote to get people to join or get people to be sacrifices for the ritual that takes place for two months out of the year. They've been established for generation upon generation and over time more people have traveled to Nightwood Falls. These people also believed in the darkness of the lake to join and wanted to join The Knowing. To join the knowing - they had to offer live and blood sacrifices to the lake that meant more than strangers. Currently, they're spread out on their different areas of town and waiting to reunite to prepare for the darkness that is about to overcome Nightwood Falls.

The Knowing are keeping monsters deep within the forest and even some of them are in the university. The monsters are fairly weak or dead, but they come alive from September 1st to November 1st. It is also rumored that some of these monsters are the previous people who were captured and killed by The Knowing. Planning on reincarnating these people into the most terrifying sights known to man. It's also possible that some of these monsters are actually experiments gone wrong by the mad scientists at the college. No matter, the Knowing are constantly bringing in haunted artifacts that can turn into monsters during their sacred time.

Random Bits of Info:

Monsters:

You'll want to have a lair that your Monster generally hangs out in. Just to make it easier and give it a theme, of course, you don't have to. It's just a suggestion!

Monsters are your creative canvas. Feel free to do whatever you want! :) The only thing is that I don't want you to make overly powerful monsters that can kill you with a glance. Please make them believable and fun for people to interact with. I may be a bit more strict approving monsters, but I will always offer you an alternative.

The Knowing:

-If you want to have a knowing. Please keep in mind that they have to have a good reason for being recognized by the cult to join and what they had to sacrifice to join.
-These people are baptized within the lake once they join.
-They are doing this because it's what they believe and they're going to be granted more power in the after life.
-They also are just dark individuals who enjoy watching people suffer for various reasons.

Particular Higher End Professions Taken:
Owner and Operator of the Crescent Hotel - Rel Mayer
OPEN

Here are the character sheet outlines if you want to start making your characters! Remember! It is encouraged to make a main character! You can make a knowing, up to two monsters, and as many victims as you want! Please PM or write in this thread if you have any questions. I'll be glad to answer! I also will put in a spoiler some of my characters - so you can get an idea of what to expect.

Main Character/Monster/Knowing Sheet:

Code ( Main Character/Knowing/Monster Sheet) Select
[float=right][img height=500 padding=5]YOUR IMAGE GOES HERE![/img][/float][b]Name[/b]:

[b]Age[/b]: (Must be 16+)

[b]Character Type[/b]: Main Character/Knowing/Monster

[b]Occupation[/b]: What does your character do? Are they from out of town? Do they work in town? (If Monster: Please include where the Lair is at. Make sure that no other approved monster has claimed this lair.)

[b]Physical Description[/b]: Short description. Anything that the picture may not say.

[b]Personality[/b]: Describe their general mannerisms.

[b]History[/b]: How did they end up in Nightwood Falls? What are they currently doing here? If you apply for The Knowing - this needs to be heavily focused on how they came into play.

[b]Quirks:[/b] Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Flaws[/b]: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]Link your O&O[/b]: Link your O&Os

[b]Specify Ons[/b]: Mostly anything particular you would like to encounter.

[b]Specify Hard Offs[/b]: [i]Be Specific[/i] - If you enjoy Gore, but you don't want to see eyeballs popping out, say it. GM may ask you to clarify exactly what your hard OFFs are.

[b]Sexuality[/b]: Self Explanatory. Also include nature if you wish to.

[b]Content Level:[/b] Normal/Nightmare/Hell - Select the highest category you will participate in.

[b]Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell)[/b]: Can your character die? If you pick Monster/Knowing - then answer is automatically 'yes'. Degree of death refers to how your character may be allowed to die. Normal being quick and painless, nightmare being specific to your O&Os, and hell meaning almost up for anything (vore, extreme gore, etc.)

[b]Face Claim?[/b]: Not necessary, but if you have a face claim list it here.

[b]Surprise GM Events?[/b]: This is a Yes/No Answer. View FAQ for questions, and feel free to define it more, if you'd like.

[b]Connections?[/b]: Treat this as your Classified Area or the Area where you can list your connections! Write in what you're wanting out of this character, possible plot changes, how you want them to die? Etc.

NPC/Victim Sheets:

Code ( NPC/Victim Sheets) Select

[float=right][img height=400 padding=5][/img][/float][b]Name[/b]: First and Last

[b]Age[/b]: (16+)

[b]Occupation[/b]: What do they do?

[b]Character Type[/b]: NPC or Victim

[b]Brief History[/b]: Just a paragraph of so giving this character some flair.

[b]Who can play?[/b]:

[b]Sexuality[/b]:

[b]Surprise GM Events?[/b]: Check the FAQ! This would be a Yes/No answer, and you can always define it more if you'd like.

IF VICTIM:

[b]Link O&Os[/b]:

[b]Sexual ONs[/b]:

[b]Death? (Y/N) Degree of Death? (Normal, Nightmare, Hell):][/b]

[b]Specify Hard OFFs[/b]:

[b]Connections?[/b]: Treat this as your Classified Area or the Area where you can list your connections! Write in what you're wanting out of this character, possible plot changes, how you want them to die? Etc.

Norwegian One

*pushes a big crate of monsters into the room* I am interested in this ;D
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

scribus1000

I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Black Howling

aorangi3

So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 03, 2015, 03:36:43 PM
*pushes a big crate of monsters into the room* I am interested in this ;D

Same ones from last time?!

Quote from: scribus1000 on September 03, 2015, 03:56:44 PM
Hmmm....I'll bookmark for now.

Quote from: Black Howling on September 03, 2015, 05:17:36 PM
Tentative interest.

I understand if you two are a bit busy! Totally hope to see you here though!

Quote from: aorangi3 on September 03, 2015, 05:40:00 PM
posting interest for a victim and a monster

Sweet action! Have any ideas so far?

aorangi3

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 03, 2015, 09:09:10 PM
Same ones from last time?!

I understand if you two are a bit busy! Totally hope to see you here though!

Sweet action! Have any ideas so far?

Yes, i am thinking of a Monster that was developed as a victim like in Red Dragon, that sequel to Hannibal. and my Victim is really a monster, so that when he dies or is murdered in a hellish fashion, everyone will want this more than likely because he is a nasty individual.
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: aorangi3 on September 03, 2015, 09:12:22 PM
Yes, i am thinking of a Monster that was developed as a victim like in Red Dragon, that sequel to Hannibal. and my Victim is really a monster, so that when he dies or is murdered in a hellish fashion, everyone will want this more than likely because he is a nasty individual.

Ooo! I do love ideas like that.

I have a Monster template sheet made, if you want to take a stab at it! I have some of my character sheets already completed, but... I''ll have to make some tweeks. I'll post them here shortly to give people an idea if they're interested!

Blue Nova

You can count me in!  ;D

It will be October by the time we get to the good stuff on this too  >:)

Norwegian One

Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Blue Nova on September 03, 2015, 10:58:52 PM
You can count me in!  ;D

It will be October by the time we get to the good stuff on this too  >:)

They'll be good stuff throughout!! :P

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 04, 2015, 12:12:21 AM
*grins evilly*

Check the OOC! I linked the old Monster Character Sheet threads.

Norwegian One

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 04, 2015, 09:01:10 AM
Check the OOC! I linked the old Monster Character Sheet threads.

Most of the links in the first post seem to be broken :)

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 04, 2015, 09:37:48 AM
Most of the links in the first post seem to be broken :)

Yes! All of them besides the OOC is broken. I kinda put them there as templates until the game starts!

Quote from: Wolfling72 on September 04, 2015, 09:47:42 AM
pokes this one too *nods*

* Rel Mayer pokes the Wolfling... because she can!

Norwegian One

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 04, 2015, 11:10:54 AM
Yes! All of them besides the OOC is broken. I kinda put them there as templates until the game starts!

The OOC link is broken for me as well o.o It only takes me to E's front page.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 04, 2015, 11:16:21 AM
The OOC link is broken for me as well o.o It only takes me to E's front page.

Derp derp derp, thanks! Lemme fix it!

Wolfling72

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 04, 2015, 11:10:54 AM

* Rel Mayer pokes the Wolfling... because she can!

* Wolfling72 ish poked because it's Rel...likes it!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

smokindriver

Victim.  Traveler there on business.  Staying at the hotel.
“I have seen the best of you, and the worst of you, and I choose both.”
― Sarah Kay

Black Howling

Managed to dig up my old character. Consider it a rough draft, though, since I'm not sure if Gnothi wanted to revamp some stuff on the siblings first.

Micheal White
Name: Micheal White

Character Type: Main Character

Physical Description: Micheal stands just under six feet tall, with an athletically toned body. He has only two tattoos, a cross on his left bicep and a rattlesnake on the underside of his right forearm. His typical tastes in clothes are simple, blue jeans and plain colored shirts. His taste in jackets runs more expensive, however, and it's very rare in the winter to see him off duty without a high quality leather jacket.

Personality: A rough exterior, and sarcastic wall of humor seems to surround Micheal. To most, this is often off putting enough that they don't try to dig much further. But, if they did bother what they would find would be the classic mister nice guy. One that has been burned enough times he hates that side of his personality.

History: Growing up, Micheal was always pushed to be the responsible sibling in the family. With his sister often in the clouds, his parents pushed him to protect and watch out for her. Lot of good that did him, especially after one night of cheering her up and she just took off and left. He honestly wasn't bothered then, times weren't bad. He attended medical school in the large town just outside, volunteering on his off times as a firefighter hoping it'd help him land a job. And it did, after two years of medical school packed with three as a volunteer, he was welcomed as a full time employee nearly right away. And that's when things got bad.

Sickness struck his family, and before long Micheal found his entire life turned upside down. Between his job and trying to play caretaker, he knew everything was gonna fall apart. Yet despite that, he wouldn't call his sister in to help any. He wasn't gonna do that to her, until of course their father died of an aneurysm, one supposedly linked to his time in the war. With his mother's health continuing to fall, and a good reason with his father, he tried reaching out to his sis. If bone marrow analysis could match it, his mother would have survivor benefits and the care she needed for the rest of her life.

Things, however, didn't go as he'd hoped. It was only after their mother was on her death bed that Micheal got a hold of Madison. He planned to lay into her soon after seeing her face, but couldn't bring himself to. Especially not with the situation of their mother. Even now, on their trip back from burying her he can't seem to release his emotions on the situation. He's angry, knowing had she been there this could have been prevented. But she's still his sister, and he feels he can't lay the blame on her. Little does he know, the town of Nightwood falls might just have other plans. A rest on the way home gone bad, and trapped with the last person he both loves and to a point loathes.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Medical Knowledge: Aside from being a trained and experienced paramedic, Micheal was a VERY good student. He knows more then just what his job requires. And with the knowledge of Emergency Medical, he can further put that to use with less then standard equipment.
  • Rough and Tumble: Micheal was always a rough kid, and that's only increased as he's grown older. Bare knuckle boxing was a favored sport as a child, and his life as a firefighter has gifted him with a lot of endurance and strength. As well as a more then basic concept of using melee weaponry, even if he doesn't know it.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Nice Guy: While often viewed as a merit, this is not something that's ever been a boon to him. He'll more often then not stick his neck out for others. This isn't even touching the medical oath he took when he became a parametric, one he takes very seriously.
  • Big Brother Complex: Micheal never stopped being big brother. He always has to take care of someone, or everyone if he thinks the situation calls for it. This can make him anything from endearing, to absolutely annoying. Especially when he thinks he should be in charge, because 'he knows best'.

Link your O&O: Linkage

Specify Ons: Up for most anything.

Specify Hard Offs: Nothing goes up his ass! Other then that, skies the limit.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Content Level: Hell!!!

Death? Possibly, if discussed first and climatic to the story as a whole.

Face Claim?: Chris Evans

Garuss Vakarian

*Jump's around excitedly!* WOOOP WOOP! Oh, drats. Dam that hype train. >_< Cant help myself sometimes sorry. xD

Rel Mayer

Quote from: smokindriver on September 04, 2015, 12:02:49 PM
Victim.  Traveler there on business.  Staying at the hotel.

Awesome! Would love to see the character concept you're coming up with!

Quote from: Black Howling on September 04, 2015, 12:12:19 PM
Managed to dig up my old character. Consider it a rough draft, though, since I'm not sure if Gnothi wanted to revamp some stuff on the siblings first.

Micheal White
Name: Micheal White

Character Type: Main Character

Physical Description: Micheal stands just under six feet tall, with an athletically toned body. He has only two tattoos, a cross on his left bicep and a rattlesnake on the underside of his right forearm. His typical tastes in clothes are simple, blue jeans and plain colored shirts. His taste in jackets runs more expensive, however, and it's very rare in the winter to see him off duty without a high quality leather jacket.

Personality: A rough exterior, and sarcastic wall of humor seems to surround Micheal. To most, this is often off putting enough that they don't try to dig much further. But, if they did bother what they would find would be the classic mister nice guy. One that has been burned enough times he hates that side of his personality.

History: Growing up, Micheal was always pushed to be the responsible sibling in the family. With his sister often in the clouds, his parents pushed him to protect and watch out for her. Lot of good that did him, especially after one night of cheering her up and she just took off and left. He honestly wasn't bothered then, times weren't bad. He attended medical school in the large town just outside, volunteering on his off times as a firefighter hoping it'd help him land a job. And it did, after two years of medical school packed with three as a volunteer, he was welcomed as a full time employee nearly right away. And that's when things got bad.

Sickness struck his family, and before long Micheal found his entire life turned upside down. Between his job and trying to play caretaker, he knew everything was gonna fall apart. Yet despite that, he wouldn't call his sister in to help any. He wasn't gonna do that to her, until of course their father died of an aneurysm, one supposedly linked to his time in the war. With his mother's health continuing to fall, and a good reason with his father, he tried reaching out to his sis. If bone marrow analysis could match it, his mother would have survivor benefits and the care she needed for the rest of her life.

Things, however, didn't go as he'd hoped. It was only after their mother was on her death bed that Micheal got a hold of Madison. He planned to lay into her soon after seeing her face, but couldn't bring himself to. Especially not with the situation of their mother. Even now, on their trip back from burying her he can't seem to release his emotions on the situation. He's angry, knowing had she been there this could have been prevented. But she's still his sister, and he feels he can't lay the blame on her. Little does he know, the town of Nightwood falls might just have other plans. A rest on the way home gone bad, and trapped with the last person he both loves and to a point loathes.

Quirks: Must have 2+ and be equal to Flaws. These are positive characteristics that can help your character survive. There is where you would list weapons.

• Medical Knowledge: Aside from being a trained and experienced paramedic, Micheal was a VERY good student. He knows more then just what his job requires. And with the knowledge of Emergency Medical, he can further put that to use with less then standard equipment.
  • Rough and Tumble: Micheal was always a rough kid, and that's only increased as he's grown older. Bare knuckle boxing was a favored sport as a child, and his life as a firefighter has gifted him with a lot of endurance and strength. As well as a more then basic concept of using melee weaponry, even if he doesn't know it.

Flaws: Must have 2+ and be equal to quirks. These are negative characteristics which could lead to harm for your character.

• Nice Guy: While often viewed as a merit, this is not something that's ever been a boon to him. He'll more often then not stick his neck out for others. This isn't even touching the medical oath he took when he became a parametric, one he takes very seriously.
  • Big Brother Complex: Micheal never stopped being big brother. He always has to take care of someone, or everyone if he thinks the situation calls for it. This can make him anything from endearing, to absolutely annoying. Especially when he thinks he should be in charge, because 'he knows best'.

Link your O&O: Linkage

Specify Ons: Up for most anything.

Specify Hard Offs: Nothing goes up his ass! Other then that, skies the limit.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Content Level: Hell!!!

Death? Possibly, if discussed first and climatic to the story as a whole.

Face Claim?: Chris Evans

Sweet, just PM me or let me know when they're finished! They look great right now though!

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on September 04, 2015, 12:43:04 PM
*Jump's around excitedly!* WOOOP WOOP! Oh, drats. Dam that hype train. >_< Cant help myself sometimes sorry. xD

Woo woo! :D Yay!

Rel Mayer

Important:

So, I opened the Approved Knowing/Victim/Main Character thread and the Approved Monsters thread.

If you don't mind posting your characters again (if you're reusing the same ones from last year) or you can PM them to me. Also, if you're making something new. Just toss them my way in the Interest Thread or here I can browse them and approve them!

Thanks!

Norwegian One

I reposted both of my monster characters in the OOC thread :P

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Norwegian One on September 04, 2015, 01:19:44 PM
I reposted both of my monster characters in the OOC thread :P

I saw! You should be good to post them up!

Garuss Vakarian

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 04, 2015, 01:14:17 PM

Woo woo! :D Yay!

*Get's even more ridiculous as he High fives Rel.* Ya, glad your ready for horror! Cuz this pain train gots no breaks! *Chuu chuu.* xD . In all seriousness glad to be on board. Now that I sent ya my Main character I Will be making my monster soon Rel. Just wanna respond to G PAW first. :D