The Dirty Ivan is looking for a crew! (space/mech/anime/sci-fi)

Started by DartimusRae, May 04, 2015, 04:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DartimusRae

Heya Curvy! Currently, we have the captain, an alien life-form, a bio-Android (npc), and a mecha pilot.

Tentatively, I have a human cyborg, and a mutant meta-human. I have a profile for the cyborg, who is pending approval, and still waiting on a profile on the mutant.

We are always looking for riggers/tinkers, medics, anything is really acceptable as long as it's unique. If the mutant profile gets approved, there won't be another one in the game for now. I'm reaching out to former players to see who is still wanting to play, but currently, only myself, RhinSama, and Pheonix are the only valid profiles.

CurvyKitten

Woot and just to be clear, meta humans are still allowed? They are different from full on mutants correct? Just want to make sure I'm reading things right.

DartimusRae

Correct. Meta-humans are fairly common, so feel free to play one if you want.

CurvyKitten

AWESOME! I shall get what i have come up with to you as soon as I am done with it. May be tomorrow evening before I can get it in though. hopefully that is ok :)

DartimusRae

CurvyKitten

Quick question meta humans can only have one ability right?

DartimusRae

DartimusRae

The Dirty Ivan still has room on board for two or three more active players to play crew. The game is active, pm myself or Rhinsama with inquiries, and we can help you transition into the game.

Landshark

Stupid question but....is the ship a seafaring vessel or a space ship?

RhinSama

Quote from: Landshark on September 01, 2016, 03:33:46 PM
Stupid question but....is the ship a seafaring vessel or a space ship?
No such thing as a stupid question

The setting is in space

Landshark

I apologise if I'm missing something obvious here but I can't seem to figure out why there are spaceships, especially cargo ships when there is nowhere else to but the one planet. Sure its a bit faster travel to go into space and use the planets rotation to your advantage when traveling around the planet but how do pirates take advantage of that?

RhinSama

Because there were shipping lanes between Earth and Terra. It was more practical to use large ships for such things. There's also off world mining. There's till a large exodus of people coming to Terra from Earth

DartimusRae

Plus, there are designs to explore and terraform other planets, once humanity is established better in Terra

DartimusRae

Also, consider that they don't have airplanes or boats yet. Most major industry is around mining and mineral gathering in Terra. Small shuttles are used between the closer colonies. But bulk cargo is still used in suborbit runs. To go halfway around the planet, full orbit is achieved.

Landshark

OK that explains a lot thanks. I was unsure as too how much time had passed sincecearth went belly up or if people were going there to salvage as well as the planetary mining. Thank you

DartimusRae

It's been 12 years since earth fell. Even with FTL travel, it took them a couple years to get to Terra, so it's taken a full decade for the Federation to establish enough housing for the survivors, and make adequate room for any stragglers. Luxuries like cars and planes just don't exist. People travel in foot, on pack animals, or by subspace shuttles and space ships.

DartimusRae

Monthly recruitment bump! The game is slowly but surely advancing, and I'd like to bring in fresh blood and fresh ideas so everyone can enjoy the game. We're looking for 10+ members to get the game at full capacity.

What we are looking for: healers/medics, perhaps a psychologist, one or two more mech pilots, one or two fighter pilots, some research techs, and perhaps a hacker. No limit on metahumans, though it'd be nice to see a couple more normal humans in the crew. Also, room for one more mutant metahuman, with a plausible backstory.

If you have questions, feel free to ask me any questions directly. The only way this game can get better is with you in it!

All the game information and important links are in the first page of this thread.

Hazy Sky

Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Hazy Sky

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

DartimusRae

Awesome. I have noticed an interesting correlation. Of one is a pilot, they are a normal human. If they are anything else, they are metahuman. I'm interested to see what you bring to the table.

Hazy Sky

Well I was thinking of a Technomancer with a ship that only responds to them...

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

DartimusRae

All ship's and mechs come with some standard of A.I., so it's not unreasonable to think a technomancer has tinkered with the A.I. enough that only another technomancer could even open the ship's door.

RhinSama

Looking forward to possibly having you in the game Sure.

Ohh a technomancer would be a rather interesting addition indeed.

LeSane

'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'