Firefox Compatibility With E?

Started by Drake Valentine, June 16, 2009, 12:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

I been wondering if anyone else has any issues or is having issues with the Firefox Browser on this community? So far most of it has been doing fine, but when I got to picture uploading for a particular thread, the images themselves ended up being cut off, along with the rest of the text I had at the bottom. I'm not sure if it is just something wrong with my own browser(which I have went to clearing the private data/cookies/etc twice) and at first everything showed of the stack images and after I refresh the page, it did it all again. For those with the MF program and wish to know where I am having these difficulties, see Zyrkirius Grimm's thread of What a Ghost Wants located Here

Here is the example of what is happening, using niffy image printing abilities and copy and pasting. Click Me

As you can see there is a gap, but what you can't see that the gap is of a healthy four-five images left that are nothing more than blotch basic background. I can see them in preview section, but they get swallowed along with text below. Anyone else having this issue? And once more I reset my private data and cookies and all that like and still nothing.

Any help or light on this matter will be much appreciative and the best description of the problem I can give is that after I clear private data, it seems to work and load all the way, then when I refresh the page or someone else comments, the images remaining turn into a blotch of nothingness. >_<

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

MusicNeverDies

I have the current version of Firefox and I have never had issue with E, in any brower-related capacity. The linked thread works perfectly fine for me. So you might want to look on a more personal level than the brower on a whole. I can't offer much help in that depatment though.

Vekseid

I guess my question would be - why try to load so many pictures in a single thread? O_o

It's obviously a Firefox issue, and something we've always had, honestly. For now just keep it to a few pictures a post and you should be fine :-p

I'll probably see about doing a custom theme for Elliquiy come RC2.

Xillen

I got the same problem as Drake Valentine. And honestly, I'm just blaming the overabundance of images in that thread. Seriously, make it max 3-4 images per post, so it gets split up to the next page.

Seriously, your first post had 20 images, and your second one had 48. Split them up, or turn them into links instead of images, or use thumbnails, and you'll be just fine.

Drake Valentine

3-4 images per post will make me feel like I was spamming or something. >.< So I generally tend to avoid that as much as possible.

Thumbnails? Example / show how? My bb code skills aren't all that great. xD

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Caeli

Just make them links >_>; Or at the very least, resize them yourself so they're smaller and more manageable. If you need to, you can upload the racy ones to the Elluiki, if they wouldn't be allowed on free image hosts.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vandren

Using the most recent version of Firefox (just auto-updated yesterday) . . . the thread had no problems whatsoever.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

jouzinka

Photobucket: on the screen with your images (the thumbnail page, where they are listed) you have a small square that allows you to tick the image, just a little above the linking codes. Tick all the images you want to make into thumbnails to post. Scroll to the end of the page and there click on "Generate HTML and IMG code."

You'll be redirected to another page and there you will click in the textarea of "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" Copy and Paste where you want it.

Imageshack has this feature too, but if I'm not mistaken, said thread images are hosted on PB, right? :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Xillen

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 16, 2009, 09:08:35 AM3-4 images per post will make me feel like I was spamming or something. >.< So I generally tend to avoid that as much as possible.

You mean you prefer this? 48 images into a single post?

Sorry, but that doesn't make it any more userfriendly. Much better to split it up into several posts.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: jouzinka on June 16, 2009, 09:47:20 AM
Photobucket: on the screen with your images (the thumbnail page, where they are listed) you have a small square that allows you to tick the image, just a little above the linking codes. Tick all the images you want to make into thumbnails to post. Scroll to the end of the page and there click on "Generate HTML and IMG code."

You'll be redirected to another page and there you will click in the textarea of "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" Copy and Paste where you want it.

Imageshack has this feature too, but if I'm not mistaken, said thread images are hosted on PB, right? :-)

I see. xD Thanks. *Shuffles off to correct the problem now.* ^^

jouzinka

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 16, 2009, 03:32:55 PM
I see. xD Thanks. *Shuffles off to correct the problem now.* ^^

You're welcome. I hope you succeed.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A