Interest check: Elua's garden (Kushiel series based RP)

Started by JillianCorvus, July 03, 2012, 03:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JillianCorvus

Right now I still just have a rough idea for the story, I want to see what sort of interest there is before I really get to planning.

Setting: Sometime in the decade of down-time between the first trilogy and the second, so Ysandre is Queen, her daughters are too young to be courted, Phedre and her family are mostly laying low, and the land is prosperous and peaceful. The game would mostly be inter-personal relationships,  court drama, and fetes. Nobody gets to make an Anguisette character, but you could be an adept of any house or a member of any line. I don't think I'll limit the number of characters a person can play - just please only play as many as you can keep a handle on, I'd rather a few strong characters than a room full of half-thoughts.

I'm thinking the start point would have to be something grand and exciting, like the Midwinter Masque. From there I'm hoping to have enough creative players to keep the story rolling. Politics and drama, mischief and dalliances. Sound fun to anyone?

JillianCorvus

I've got a bit more free time than I did over the last handful of months, so I thought it'd be nice to take another swing at getting this RP off the ground. I'll also post an example character bio (which I'll be playing if even one person shows interesting in RPing this scenario with me).

Vivianna
Jasmine House adept
Female, 18yrs
5'3, curvy
Rich brown hair, tanned amber skin, hazel eyes.

Vivianna (Vivi to her friends) is a bright, cheerful girl who would probably be as at home in Orchis House as in Jasmine, where she was born. She's been 5 years in the service of Naamah now and she's already made a full 3/4 of her marque, which she is quite proud of. She tends to have a number of repeat patrons who've become quite fond of her, as her ability to mingle the sensuous nature of her house with her personal sense of humour and sweetness is rather endearing. She enjoys calligraphy and illustration as a past time and has occasionally entertained the notion of becoming involved in the making of books, but more often employs her talents in the making of invitations to her house's fetes. With her marque so near completion Vivianna has begun giving a good deal of thought towards her future, and is rather torn on whether to leave her house or not. So far she is leaning towards maintaining her own modest home within the city, but still taking assignations through her house, if her Dowayne will allow. At this moment, however, such practical matters are far from her mind as she works with the house's costumers to prepare for the upcoming Midwinter Masque.