Dawn of an era - RP for new and ld members

Started by Sardanapale, May 13, 2012, 11:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sardanapale

I think that since I was very little I’ve always dreamed of getting away from here. It’s not that my folk’s place is lame or what have you, but when you live in a world where you can actually gain magical powers, it’s really hard to just stay put and live in the very same place where you were born.

It comes and goes, naturally. I am very loved by and loving my family, so it’s not as if I’m rejected from my village. But there is more to life than just learning the tools of the trade from old Nasim, the village’s blacksmith. And now, with the festival just two days away, I’m feeling more restless than ever.

The festival is the annual gathering of people who plan on embarking on the journey to gaining magical powers. To do so, you must enter one of the several Nexus scattered in the kingdoms, and with a little luck, you rise up with new magical powers. Like I said, there are several nexus. The one closest to our village could give you the control over the elements, but I’ve heard of some people that have control over the animals, some that can change their shape at will, and some that are even more jarring.

That’s decided. Tomorrow, I’ll sneak into the main plaza, and I’ll join the travellers.
Then I’ll see who I’ll join or what will happen.

Yeah, tomorrow’s the day. I’ll make my own fate.

*this is the premise people! I'm thinking making a party of travellers and going to a Nexus, gain new powers (or not, as I've hinted there is a chance thing will not go as planned within the nexus) and new problems. Or, you know, get completly sidetracked, an go on our merry little way!*
::)

DarkNevaeh

I'm in.

Name: Jerrek Niyo
Hair: Short, white blonde
Eyes: deep sapphire
Notes:Known as the quiet one, Jerrek is usually seen writing or staring off and not really paying attention to anyone.  Some of the bullies once stole some of his writing, and spread the word on how he was detailing his own means of escape from the village.  That was 3 years ago.  Now he works at the local flower shop, his parents business.

Sardanapale

Niiice. Allright, time to shine!

Name: Khal Boomy
Hair: Cropped, otherwise dark
Eyes: light grey
Notes: He's been known for speaking to everyone willing about how one day, he was going to leave the village and get magical powers. But that was years ago, and now there's only the lingering gaze in the direction of the traveling magician hat would betray his fixation. Nobody knows why, but he never speak his mind about the subject anymore.

Shall we wait for more members before diving in? Or do you want to jump right in the fray?

DarkNevaeh

Sardanapale

Yeah, I've started the thread (https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=140003.0) but timed it so anybody can still join for a time. Two is going to be a little light, so we better fool around here.

Do you have any ideas to add to the universe sketched here?

DarkNevaeh

Make the Nexus' a roulette.  Instead of a Nexus only tied to one type of power?  Roulette style. 

Sardanapale

Not bad, not bad.

We'll chuck up to my character's ignorance.
Also, magical beastiary, and should we get magiks quickly into the story, there should be a randomm element to it (ie; spell not working, or working too much). If you know both settings, i'm thinking more in terms of Warhammer Fanstasy (winds of magic) than Harry Potter (point wand and shoot) 'verse.

Tsumi Okazaki

Let me take a poke around and I might join. Besides, I see both of you failed to bring sake and its not a party without it.

Lady Temptress

I would love to roleplay this. I just joined today.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Temptress

Name: Karina James. Age: 19. Hair: Raven black to the tips of her waist. Eyes: Baby blues as deep as the ocean's water's. Bio: Karina is shy and she dream's of making friend's and leaving the village to find way's to learn of magic. I'll have a better profile soon.
Lady Dreamer