Elf Quest RP Request

Started by Rukio, February 27, 2011, 01:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukio

ALright. If you're reading this, something must have caught your eye. Be it the fact that you know the series I'm referring to or that you just love elves. It matters not. All that matters is that you wish to join me in this little RP idea of mine. Here is the general idea of what Elves in The World of Two Moons look like.

They are as varied and diverse in appearance as "The Tall Ones" or Humans, but all follow the same basic guide lines. Less that four feet tall, four fingers, long elfin ears, wolf-like eyes, and the ability to "send" Or communicate with their minds. And a link to the general story and idea for further explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfquest

And now onto the plot

On a world that has hunted and rejected them since their arrival, The Wolfriders have finally found a Holt they can call home. There is game and space a plenty for them all. They are safe..... Or so they think. A roaming tribe of Humans ahd made camp near the Holt. Far too close for comfort. Will yet another war erupt from this or will The Wolfriders finally be able to make peace with the five fingered tall ones?

Rukio

Character sheets are to be submitted here and will be reviewed of course.

Example-

Character
Name- Duskblade Blood of Sixteen Chiefs
Soul Name- Sorn
Age- 842
Appearance-

Tribe Position- Chief
Weapon- Short Sword: Mournhowl
Wolf Friend
Name- Frostpelt
Appearance-

Other Info
History- Duskblade was born of recognition to Chief Bearheart. His mother was Nighteyes. Their tribe had been at the latest Holt for only twenty turns of the season before Whitemane was born. His upbringing, like all Wolfriders, was a long combination of hunting, stories, and learning The Way from the entire tribe. Until, of course his parents were killed in battle with a band of human hunters. They had been looking for prey and found the tribe instead. Bearheart and Nighteyes were hunters and lead the assault after the humans for killing three of their tribe mates. None but Bearheart returned to tell the tale. The humans were dead, but Bearheart had been severely wounded. He didn't last the night. Whitemane, now Duskblade for his talent in hunting silently, was named Chief and the knot was tied less than an hour later. He took up his father's sword, Mournhowl, which had been passed down since the time of Cutter Kinseeker and became the sixteenth Wolfrider chief. Since then, he has changed the ways his tribe lives. They are far more territorial, marking the boundaries of their land with scents and marks that are there to ward away any trespassers. It has been effective until the past five turns. Humans have returned to the valley below their forest. Duskblade, while harboring a deep loathing for the five fingered ones, is torn. He does not want a war with them, but is unsure weather or not he has a choice in the matter.
Personality- Duskblade is wild ans strongly passionate. He is a relentless hunter, but also a wise leader, He is able to speak well, if not particularly eloquently, but also bark out swift commands when the time comes. He has a tolerance for dream berries that is unrivaled among the current tribe.

TheMuseErato

Name: Trueshot

Soul name: Nis

Appearance: Picture coming soon!

Tribal position: Chieftess of Howling Rock tribe
Wolf Friend

Name: Swift

Appearance: Picture coming soon!

History: Hailing from a long line of chiefs, Trueshot is the granddaughter of chieftess Ember who first led half of her father's tribe out into the wilderness to form their own band of wolfriders during the battle for the palace many, many eons ago. With the fall of Ghrommel Dinn and his citadel, Ember led her tribe across new lands and through many adventures. In the course of doing so recognized with her faithful lovemate, Tier, also known as Wolf Father.
Together, the two had a cub, Firebrand who proved to be just as tenacious as his mother and when she eventually passed, did his best to fill the role as chief. For a time, there was peace until humans encroached on the tribe's territory and the age old hatred between elf and human was sparked once more.
But Firebrand proved his worth by leading the tribe through the tough times and eventually found recognition with the beautiful Meadowlark who was to be his voice of reason and friend of his heart and soul. Where Firebrand was bold, Meadowlark was thoughtful. Where he was ready to leap into the thick of things she was content to sit back and watch, observe and lend her support. Together they had a daughter, Trueshot, who grew into a confident soul who possessed her father's courage but her mother's caution.
When humans ambushed a hunting party her parents had joined and subsequently were killed, it was the young chieftess who decided that rather than retaliate, it was time for her tribe to find the other wolfriders who hailed from the infamous Cutter and make the wolfriders one tribe again.

Personality: There lies within her a medium of caution and risktaker that can sometimes leave those close to her suffering near heartattacks witnessing her escapades. She values peace above all else though is not afraid to defend holt and tribe like a she-wolf if there is no other option.
She is very dedicated to her tribe and is full of passion, making her just as much a dedicated lovemate as well. She can be rather cool, almost frosty at times but also has a temper that could make even a bear think twice about fighting with her. There are times she welcomes the presence of another and other times, she seeks solitude to clear her mind. Especially when wrestling with a problem that weighs heavily with her.
Flattery is the poison assassins use to weaken and lower their victim's defenses.

Rukio

Quote from: TheMuseErato on February 27, 2011, 11:11:08 PM
Name: Trueshot

Soul name: Nis

Appearance:

Tribal position: Hunter/Scout as well as a voice of sound reason.

Wolf Friend

Name: Swift

Appearance:

History: The daughter of Windsong and Arrow, Trueshot inherited her mother's looks and her father's skill at hunting. Much like the arrows she fires, she seldom misses her mark which may make conversation with her uncomfortable at times. Though to counterbalance her lack of tact, there is something tender in her touch, perhaps a throwback to her mother's slight healing ability that is like a warm salve to soothe all hurt feelings.
She was born in the thick of the fighting between elves and five-fingered ones, during which her elder brothers were slain as was her father, Arrow. It was only after Trueshot was old enough to survive on her own that one night Windsong walked out into the darkness never to return.
Some whispered it was exposure to the elements that took the gentle wolfrider, while others said it was the loss of a lifemate that claimed her life. For when she was found, there was no mark on her body and in her arms she clutched Arrow's favorite shirt. From then on, the tribe became her family and Trueshot grew into her own.
While she has no love in her heart for humans, she hates war even more and would seek a more peaceful alternative. However she is not above doing what needs to be done to defend both tribe and holt. And though Duskblade is chief, if ever there were an elf in the tribe to serve as advisor, she would certainly be it.

Personality: While she is cool and calm most of the time, there lies deep within a temper that could make even a bear think twice about crossing paths with her. Fearless almost to the point of being suicidal at times, especially when hunting, her escapades are the stuff of songs to be sung around campfires while eating dreamberries.  Devoted and passionate, she has yet to find a lifemate, something she is leery of for fear of being so dependant upon another that she cannot live without them much like her mother.

There we go. Now we know what you look like.  O:)

Rukio

Alright. Still holding out for a few more people. Accepting human characters too.

TheMuseErato

If you can't get anyone to join this as a group, I would adore doing this one on one with you.
Flattery is the poison assassins use to weaken and lower their victim's defenses.

kckolbe

Oh wow.  I was an avid ElfQuest reader when I was younger, but only read Complete ElfQuest 1-8.   Will this be set in any canon time period?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

TheMuseErato

Ooou! Another fan! ^_^ I was afraid Rukio and I were the only ones who were familiar with the series.

kckolbe

Oh yes.  My favorites were Strongbow and Skywise, though I would have most liked to have been friends with Scouter (who was too good for Dewshine).  Maybe I just have a thing for "S" names. 
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

TheMuseErato

Awe, I rather liked Scouter and Dewshine's relationship. He showed such devotion to her and she loved him even though she'd recognized with Tyldak. It wasn't her choice and it was only after he'd given her his solemn promise to raise the cub as his that she gave into the demands of Recognition.
I always thought Strongbow was rather handsome, (Especially as he grows older) and my favorite females have to be Leetah, Khavi, Venka, and Joyleaf.

kckolbe

Strongbow was a sexy beast even without being the silent type.  No one looks better with a beard.  I think Pike would be the most fun to be around.  He was a decent sort.  My favorite female was Nightfall.  She definitely was responsible for Redlance becoming what he was.  Khavi was pretty badass, too.  So, would we be playing canon only, OC only, or a mix?

Intro Thread

Rukio

I'm down with cannon. I've already acknowledged that Cutter lived, so why not have someone survive through the centuries til Chief #16. Gonna have to say that Nightfall and Tyleet are my favorites. And Skywise is a total BAMF....... Reyek is pretty awesome though. And Skot and Krim were effing amazing! Especially the way Skot dies.

kckolbe

I'm thinking of playing Dart.  Having Strongbow as a father, but growing up in Sorrow's End I think makes him as interesting guy, but I'd like to read up on him.

Intro Thread

Rukio

Dart's a good choice. He's an interesting character indeed.

Rukio

He's gonna be an old fart now though.  ::)

kckolbe

Younger than Cutter, but true, he'd be one of the eldest, which wasn't the goal.  Hm, I guess I may just have to model a char after him. 

Intro Thread

Rukio

Maybe have him be a direct descendant and call him Straightarrow?

kckolbe

That name would suit him to Trueshot...definitely tempting.  I think I'll break the mold a bit with a touch of magic, unsure what kind.

Intro Thread

TheMuseErato

Could mold the tribe after Ember's group. Maybe they found their own holt and have lived there ever since. Maybe call it the Forevergreen or something and for a time, it was so remote and untouched by the hands of humans.
As for Dart, I think it would be interesting if for whatever reason, he were to be wrapped by preservers again and then awaken a time later and while still retaining his youthful looks, has the experience of an elder in a new time and place.
Maybe something happened to Cutter's band and when Dart woke up, he was all alone with no sign of other wolfriders. And only during his wandering does he come upon this tribe that is descended from Ember, Cutter's daughter? Just an idea.

kckolbe

I may have roped in someone else for this game!  Woohoo!

Intro Thread

Rukio

That could work. I think I've got an idea. Perhaps have it be the results of Cutter and Ember's tribes meeting up generations later and merging into one tribe again with their chiefs becoming life mates?

kckolbe

So you would have a life-mate already?  Seems unfortunate for you.  By the way, did you two get the PM I sent you?

Intro Thread

bubby

Aahhh Elfquest...wonderful! If I remembered actual story I'd join! But it's been like...30 year since I read Elfquest...and I honestly only remember Willow...Cutter..and Skywise. Nice that someone is trying though!

TheMuseErato

I have an idea after reading Rukio's post about the two tribes merging. Perhaps Trueshot is chieftess of one tribe and Duskblade chief of the other.
The time has come for the two to merge together and live as one to preserve their numbers and The Way now that humans are growing numerous. With so many generations of no recognitions, it is hoped that this will spark a few so that new wolfriders can be born. Maybe Kckolbe could play the lovemate of Trueshot? An eventual recognition between Duskblade and Trueshot could prove very interesting and I'm sure the two chieftians will butt heads while they try to find a happy medium as the tribe resettles.

JinZah

Damn, haven't thought of EQ in years. are you still taking in players?