Pick a song and base the rp on it

Started by seeker619, May 05, 2014, 08:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seeker619

The best way I have found is to ask what the song does not tell you in the story

Songs are often ambiguous and what they are talking about or referring to can only be guessed at.  In this case you take the facts that the song gives you with no need to guess.  Name of person it is talking to, maybe their personality or what they did, how they did it,  etc  If it only offers one say what they did then maybe their is a story to be made based on what may have led up to what happens or what is talked about in the rp or what may happen after the story referred to in the role play ends.

Raise questions about facts.  Say a char in the song did something.  Well did something in the past motivate that action or is it likely to lead up to a future action.

If it tells you how something happened or how a person did something ask why they chose that method, how they may be likely to to do something in and event that either may have led up to the story in the song or happens after the song. 

FOR EXAMPLE-TAKE THE SONG "I KISSED A GIR"L BY KATY PERRY----THINK I KISSED A GIRL MEETS FATAL ATTRACTION.  WE KNOW THE CHARACTER LETS CALL HER KAY DID NOT INTEND TO HAVE IT HAPPEN BUT SHE LIKED IT.  SHE ALSO HAS A BOYFRIEND AND KISSED A GIRL (i KNOW i FIGURED THAT OUT)

Questions I raised to come up with the rp-Who was the girl she kissed.  Why did she do it and my answer was she was obsessed with either katy or her boyfriend so she needs to first break katy up with her boyfriend.  She may manipulate the boyfriend somehow to be at the bar when she does this and he may become either enraged or jealous leading up to a breakup or maybe it doesnt work and she needs to do something more.  Likely if the fatal attraction theme is the idea used with the song. 

We know katy liked it but mentions she hopes her boyfriend doesn't mind so she is not interested in whoever this girl is yet.  Or maybe never will be if she is after her boyfriend.

She may be crazy and her obsession is based on the delusion that one of them was their partner and left them for the person who she is not obsessed with getting back.  This may result in her not only trying to get back with the ex they are delusional about but she may also seek revenge on the one she imagines took that person from her.

The woman partner playing the katy character may  also have to play the obsessed woman or the male character, her boyfreind,  can be both the obsessed woman and the Katy character.  It can be mxf and fxf or just fxf or only mxf when sex is involved. 

i am not interested in this rp as i am already playing it.  i would like ideas from others if interested.  some songs to consider

witchy woman by the eagles

Hotel california by the eagles

someone save'd my life tonight (sugarbear) by Elton John.

Ruby Tuesday-the rolling stones

mothers little halper  by the rolling stones

She climbed in through the bathroom window-joe cocker

you could be mind-guns n roses

drops of jupiter-train

Dahliala-white-t's

Time will Crawl-david bowie

Mr. Johns and many others off the Album "Auigust and everything after" by the counting crows

Many songs by Sheryl crowe are good candidates.

Hey Joe-jimmy hendrix

Purple Haze-jimmy hendrix

Manic Depression-Jimmy hendrix

Losing my religion-REM

Many songs by the beatles

Crazy train -Ozzy Ozzborn

Many songs by Taylor Swift

Run baby run-Sheryl crwoe

runaway train -soul asylum

Sober-tool

Many songs form Pearl Jam album 10

madman across the water-elton John

and anything you may have in mind can be considered as long as you have formulated some idea for the songs rp