Disgaea : Persephone Prison (Request Thread) [Anime|Monster|Demon]

Started by MelodyCake, May 01, 2018, 09:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OyabunKobold

Eh if Reincarnation isn't a thing shell be a super hot headed Fire mage from now until the overlord claims the human and angel realms as his/her domain and with me as their loyal mage we shall rule! Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Leki on May 02, 2018, 11:54:34 PM
Personally don't like Mao and Laharl (yes Laharl too, shoot me xD)
Not really sure how they're similar though since I can't really think of much that Mao and Valvatorez had in common?
Did you mean, a character with more of a distinct class? Cause I think I saw MelodyCake say they were okay with turning main character classes into generic ones. (Eg Valvatorez into a Vampire class).
Think it'd be a worthwhile thing to discuss in any case.

Exactly, yes I was looking for that. The idea of an Overlord or "Protagonist" whom has been depowered due to cheating in the game such as modding his stats or so forth does actually appeal to me. This is Disgaea after all and hijinks should ensue right at the start of the game and grinding to gain tons of power is usually the way the game goes.

MelodyCake

Welcome Leki!
Glad to see you are back xP

@Magi-Change

I thoght I'd give this their own little section to reply to. I've actually been thinking about that, and whilst I really do like the idea of demons using the monsters as a weapon, I am afraid I won´t be running with that in the roleplay. I can't think of a way of running the idea, without rendering the player of the monster/weapon completely unable to post for the duration the demon player decides to have a weapon/writing replies.
So for now, there will be no magichange. I might consider opening that for a possible game event hosted by the warden later on in game. So for now, the option for monsters to magi-change into a weapon has been locked.

@Disgaea art faceclaims
I wanted to make a quick note in regards to faceclaims. I have been noted by staff that Disgaea character art can't be used on Elliquiy cause they have told me that the characters look underage. Despite that we haven't gotten to the faceclaims just yet, I thougt this would be the best time to make note of it in case someone may have been thinking of using in game character art for their character.

@Character Class
Quote from: MelodyCake on May 02, 2018, 11:50:32 AM

I will be accepting all classes from Disgaea, and I won't be gender locking them like how they are in game.
I'm also accepting any classes from similar Nipponichi games, such as Makai Kingdom, La Pucella, etc.
Original classes can be negotiated pretty easily, especially if it’s similar to an existing main character (eg Valvatorez - Vampire).
If you want an entirely new class then it’s best to PM me first, but please note I’ll be pretty strict with original ideas for the time being.

@Reincarnation
I think Leki poined things out pretty well with how messy it would get in the long run, in terms of faceclaim, stats, etc.  So I think I will leave reincarnation out of this roleplay.

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on May 03, 2018, 12:02:04 AM
Eh if Reincarnation isn't a thing shell be a super hot headed Fire mage from now until the overlord claims the human and angel realms as his/her domain and with me as their loyal mage we shall rule! Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Still happy to hear you are going to be running with the mage then :D

OyabunKobold

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Leki

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on May 03, 2018, 12:02:04 AM

One thing I'm really looking forward to in this roleplay; is the weird, wacky, and wonderful characters people will be submitting.
I mean Disgaea wouldn't be half as fun if the characters were all hardworking prudes, looking to make friends with everyone.
I want to see characters with fat-fetched personalities, outrageous ambitions, and a tendency towards failure.
Characters who'll be able to make me laugh cause they're so stupid/cheesy/ridiculous.
And hopefully.... I'm not alone in this xD

I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit glad to hear that reincarnations won't be worked in... since I think a hot-headed fire mage who reincarnates and gradually becomes more level-headed is synonymous to the character becoming less interesting. Reading your posts, I did get an idea or two that might be interesting to explore.
- A Fire Mage who wants to break the limitations and learn Ice/Wind spells... without much luck. Would be fun to incorporate spell scrolls into this. Again, instant success is boring, so messing around with this could be quite fun.
- Tri-polar Mage: Not sure if it'd be allowed, but using a Prism Mage as a base... I kind of like the idea of a character who has vastly different personalities based on what color they dye their hair each morning. Being a hot-tempered fire mage when they decide to go with red, being erratic and uncontrollable like the wind when green, or cold and gloomy when blue, xD

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 03, 2018, 12:09:23 AM
Exactly, yes I was looking for that. The idea of an Overlord or "Protagonist" whom has been depowered due to cheating in the game such as modding his stats or so forth does actually appeal to me. This is Disgaea after all and hijinks should ensue right at the start of the game and grinding to gain tons of power is usually the way the game goes.

Not sure whether breaking the fifth wall completely, and admitting its a game is a good idea xD
But I can understand why the idea appeals to you so much.
Completely agree that the game should be filled with craziness and character hijinks from the very start.
And I'm hoping for pretty distinct personalities and flaws to make that possible.
Technically speaking, an Overlord can be a generic class (Disgaea 5), so that's shouldn't be too hard to work in.

I'm currently talking to MelodyCake about adapting the Thief Class....
Since there's a catgirl I'm interested in using... but she's not really a Pugilist like the Nekomata.
So adapting her at the moment. She'd probably still be a Nekomata class, but with more Thief oriented skills.
Not sure if I should redub her class as something new though, to avoid confusion

OyabunKobold

MelodyCake

@Oyanbun
Whilst I think the image is really nice, I'd like to see more face =3

Avalon29

So I've got a trio of concepts I'm toying with at the moment and having difficulty deciding between. What do you all think of the ideas? Figure some additional opinions could always help.

For the dark knight I was thinking a chuuni-esc character. Obsessed with dark power, talking it up, and in general just being really cheesy, like practicing an evil laugh in the mirror kind of cheesy or giving a technique an overly long and complex name just because they think it sounds cool.

For the Samurai/Sorcerer, I'm thinking a shrine maiden or priest/sorcerer who comes from a long family line dedicated to a goddess of bad luck and has been blessed by her favor. By that I mean extraordinarily clumsy with really really bad luck that sometimes turns into good luck. As in the kind of luck where they slip on a banana peel stumble into a bucket and then proceed to fall, either right next to something they were looking for or into an object of their affection.

For the ninja/kunoichi. Playful prankster type, lazy, and only really does whatever they want to do. Only really does things when they're interesting or there's something in it for him. Likely to cause trouble just because they're bored. Probably a bit of klepto, taking things without thinking, and enjoys dressing up in elaborate disguises to do their job.

MelodyCake

@Everyone
I've added a bit of new information in the second post of the thread, explainging a few mechanics of the roleplay in terms of LVL's, HL, and combat and challanges.

@Avalon
My vote goes for the Dark Knight, hands down I think x3 I really love the concept, and the idea of someone possibly waking up earlier then most to practice their evil laugh, and maybe even villain monologues amuses me to a great deal.

Leki

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on May 03, 2018, 12:59:39 AM
Maybe this for her it looks close
It's a nice image, but yeah... a bit of face would be nice xD
Also is her dress always on fire? jk

Quote from: Avalon29 on May 03, 2018, 01:50:49 AM
So I've got a trio of concepts I'm toying with at the moment and having difficulty deciding between. What do you all think of the ideas? Figure some additional opinions could always help.
Personally love the Dark Knight concept. I mean if it can make me laugh this early, that's a good sign? xD
Does he constantly refer to himself as a Badass Freaking Overlord?
Also imagined him being a loner who constantly talks to his own Shadow....

Ninja/Kunoichi could also work, it's something I've seen you do well in the past. But something fresh could be pretty nice. Also think the first one adds more to the cast.

Playing with a few concepts at the moment...
Female Nekomata Thief: Treasure-Bounty Hunter Character that's self-serving and avariously inclined to valuables (Jewels/Gold/etc)
Male Nekomata: Former Harem Lord, who's attempting to rebuild himself a new harem even in prison.
Male Baphomet: Snarky and with a high sense of self importance. Easily Manipulated... Original Class? Or adapting Chimera from D5
Male Sludge: Seductive flirt who's always hungry and seeking to devour other prisoners.
Male Bear: Needy masochist who's constantly asking to be harmed... to little avail.

Laughing Hyena

Searching for an image to start with. Yes Im aware this is a warrior look but like I said, this premise I was working on is actually an Overlord. However he's been pretty harshly depowered as punishment for scandalous crimes of scandalous nature. Very not safe for work ones. Oh and the fact that he blatantly cheated to speed up his rise to his former position of power might also be a factor in this as well. So he fell pretty damn far from his perch. Now he's stuck in a level one body as a warrior and has to basically work his way back up.

Unioruk, The Eternal Waste of Skin ("THAT'S NOT MY TITLE, ASSHOLE!") The Eternal Asshole ("HEY!")

MelodyCake

Hey Laughing Hyena
I think the concept works plot wise, but you might want to find another image.

Some of you may remember that the interest check used to have different images, of characters from the games (though, I'm happy with the current Prinny look), the staff edited it and removed the images for it breaking the forum rules in regards to images.  So to clarify as to why I have stated that Disgaea art can not be used as a face claim, I'll just quote the PM I recieved from the staff.

Quote from: RampantDesires on May 01, 2018, 10:39:35 PM
Hi there MelodyCake!

This message is a notification that I've snipped several images out of your current request thread.

Some of the characters in the composition images are canonically under age, but even those who are listed of age (aspects who are thousands of years old) APPEAR to be under age due to their body  and face/eye shape.  Please take a look at E's image policyThis Post also goes into a bit more detail on the things that staff looks at when evaluating images and might be helpful when it comes to picking images for your game and approving character sheets and images selected by your possible players.

If you have any questions about what was snipped or why they were removed please don't hesitate to ask. 

Thank you!
Rampant (for staff)

Laughing Hyena

Leki

Seems a bit iffy, but if that's what the staff have ruled I guess we'll roll with it.
I'm just glad they don't have an issue with prinnies
With that said though, if people want to use the generic appearances, you might be able to get away with Makai Kingdom art.
Since the characters aren't as 'chibi-like' as the disgaea characters.
Canonically speaking, they're generic classes, and they don't really have an age.

Laughing Hyena

Along this topic of anime looks that can meet elliquiy standards, might I recommend the shining series as theres some pretty good fan art and it doesn't have a chibi look to it. Just be certain to use the shining series wiki to help out.

MelodyCake

I have made the character sheet template, and filled one of my own. You can find the empty template on the first page, in the second post.

Name:  Ari
Player: MelodyCake
Demon Type: Werewolf
Height: 5'5" (165cm)
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color:  Gold
Strength:SPD
Weakness: INT

Life Before Imprisonment:
     The wolf's life wasn't an overly exciting one. Spending most of his life living off the land in a wild forest without actively socializing with any other monsters or demons. Leading to a feral personality, Ari isn't necessarily known for swooning people with charm and class at first interactions, nor is he known for entering a scene with elegance. No, the short gray eared werewolf behaves more animal then a sophisticated demon. Demanding or taking things instead of asking, Ari believes if he is strong enough to make it his own, either by grip or scent, it's his. That was the law of the wild forest he had spend his entire life in.

Notable Achievements:
     There are only a few things the werewolf would boast about whilst drunk, though the first thing he'd most likely start with, would be boasting about how he had once swallowed an entire sun in just one large bite! The statement being true or false, is another issue. With a rumored black hole for a stomach, Ari will never say no to offered food of pretty much any kind, and even actively goes out of his way to search for a possible next meal. Though nothing beats the thrill off the hunt.

Imprisoned For:
     One day, the wolf eared young demon woke up one day to a scent he was unfamiliar with, and before he knew it, curiosity got the better of him and  found himself sniffing his way towards the source of the smell. Stumbling into an orgy that a demon lord had tried his best to put together in secret, so not to be caught by the Netherworld police. Though, within seconds after the wolf got there, a Netherworld police force swarmed in, arresting everyone and charging them for sexual deviance, and the poor wolf got dragged along with them despite his attempts to claim his innocence.

Leki

Was having a bit of a hard time navigating through all the generic classes, so I compiled a quick list :P
There are more in Makai Kingdom, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle... but I can't be bothered going through it all xD
I've removed some duplicate classes though. Eg;Female Warrior with the newer title of Valkyrie
Since they're literally the same thing.
Hope it helps! :P

Warrior
Valkyrie
Martial Artist
Fight Mistress
Thief
Strider
Ranger
Archer
Gunner
Gunslinger
Ninja
Kunoichi
Lady Samurai
Male Samurai

Masked Hero
Beast Master
Bouncer
Armor Knight
Wrestler
Sinner
Pirate
Berserker
Dark Knight

Android
BattleSuit
Prism Ranger
EDF Soldier
Skull
Mage
Clergy
Cleric
Maid
Medic
Cheer Leader

Magic Knight
Sorceror
Onmyo Monk
Necormancer
Geomancer
Sage

Professor
Celestial Host
Celestial Hostess
Prinny
Orc
Imp
Sludge
Slumber Cat
Death Saber
Sea Angel
Rabbit
Fairy

Shroom
Alraune
Lantern
Treant
Wood Golem

Undead
Gargoyle
Marionette
Living Armor
Shadow/Spirit
Nosferatu
Chimera
Beast
Winged Warrior
Cockatrice
Aqua Demon
Mystic Beast
Holy Dragon

Felynn
Succubus
Nine-Tails
Death
Golem
Ifrit
Bear

Galactic Demon
Nether Noble
Horseman
Rifle Demon

Great Wyrm
Shark Dragon 
Dragon King
Twin-Dragon
Dragon Zombie

OyabunKobold

So for the face part of the image what say you to this?

Have the first image be full body and this be a mug shot?

Edit: I shall work on the character layout while able I got the basics filled out somewhat but the backstory is needing some work done so I will need to deal with that when I can.

Gardsorm

Alright, let's see about this! Pic may be tentative for now but just using it to show what he is. =p

======

Name: Alioth
Player: Gardsorm
Demon Type: Sludge (Black Pudding)
Height: Variable
Hair Color: What hair? (Possibly Black)
Eye Color: What eyes? (Secretly purple beneath the skull)
Strength: DEF
Weakness: RES

Alioth has spent most of his life growing up in a populated demon city in the Netherworld. A once-actively sociable creature, he's learned more than the average slime when it comes to interacting with other denizens of the demon world. He once held s bartending job for a short time that taught him proper social etiquettes, how to communicate properly with certain people, and how much fun it was to throw unruly customers in dumpsters. Many still believe him to be dumber than the majority of demons around him, but he simply plays up the stereotype to make those that don't know any better ignore him. His interactions with others have tested his patience quite a bit, and now most of the time he acts like his intelligence is at enough of a low that he can just use casual slime noises to throw off suspicion of higher brain functions, especially in Persephone Prison.

Notable Achievements:
   Given it's not easy to get him drunk, he'd be hard-pressed to boast while drunk. However, he isn't afraid to say the skull he wears belonged to a powerful Demon Overlord who unfortunately wasn't very magically inclined (whether it was or wasn't, no one knows). He would also boast that there aren't clothes in existence he can't melt down, but very few are willing to test this.

Imprisoned For:
   Alioth's imprisonment is almost unanimously agreed upon by others to be due to his incompetency, as Sludges are simply too dumb to be of any use to society or even to hinder it. However, the truth of the matter was that he had been helping to console a Succubus about her failing marriage and how her significant other proposed an open marriage to try new people. After talking with her for over an hour and encouraging her to undergo couple's therapy, he was given a hug for his efforts.

... Unfortunately for him, others had called the Netherworld Peacekeepers on him under suspicion of partaking of debauched acts in secrecy, and being caught hugging the Succubus, found him quickly arrested and thrown into Persephone Prison as a mindless sex offender. An attempt to vouch for him by the Succubus was said to be taken into consideration but ultimately ignored as Alioth was considered a menace to all Netherworld and that it would be a better place without him.

Now if he wants to escape, he's possibly going to have to do just about anything he can to get out of jail and back to civilization.

MelodyCake

I think it's safe to say this thread has become a request thread :D

@Oyanbun
I think the faceclaim is just fine, and I look forward to reading your character sheet :)

@Gardsorm
I love what you have going with Alioth, and the fact he got imprisoned after being hugged by a succubus just makes the whole thing just that much better xD
You have my slapp of approval for your Sludge ~

OyabunKobold

Gardsorm

*fist pumps* Woohoo! Can't wait to see what everyone else brings to the table. :3

SweetSerenade

Gonna pose a tentative interest, still going over concepts and ideas for a character. Gonna say the world set up and the Prison are both interesting things, and allow for a wide variety of ways a character ends up there. xD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

OyabunKobold

Name: Aithne
Player: OyabunKyuubi
Demon Type: Red Mage
Height: 5'2" (157.48 cm)
Hair Color: Red when casting a slight fiery brown when not
Eye Color: Red
Strength: // Int
Weakness: // Atk

Aithne lived a exciting life as a human, before she died. The life of the party some would say, as she was quite outgoing and energetic. She was also quite hot headed, and quick to take up any sort of dare that she might have been given. The Irish woman, with her ginger hair, took to the sciences with a fervor not many could match, and it was here, that she ended up meeting her untimely end. A chance encounter with some chemicals in her lab caused a concussive explosion and fire. By the time the paramedics got there, they could only identify the woman by her dental records. Cause of death, concussion and asphyxiation. This wasn't the end of Aithne's story though, for she continued on, though, probably not where she expected. You see in her world, she knew of odd occurrences, of the military going after these people called, demons, and about a Tri-sided war. It wasn't something that was odd, unusual, or at all outside the norm for their lives. What was outside the norm, is her waking up after dying, in a form quite different than her old one.

The woman, now turned Red mage, had been sent to the demon realm, the Netherworld so to speak, and her soul had a bit of debt it had to work back. She was told her place in life and told about the currency called HL, she was also told that any misuse of her magic would not be tolerated. Now there was a unusual word to her, magic. She knew of the sciences, she knew biology, chemistry, and the elements but magic, that was just right there in the myth section, wasn't it? Seeing her confusion, the demons took her to an area and taught her, in their own cruel way, how to draw on her magic. Battered and bruised she released fire for the first time, a weak flame to be sure, but it showed that she could. After the training, a rather rough nurse healed her wounds; she returned to service. The session, having been added to her debts, taught her another thing that day. She learned that her new friends, were not ones to be trusted.

Years passed under their service and eventually, another strange occurrence happened. They had a child, a demon daughter. By this time she was a good quarter of the way through her debt, so they gave her to the child, as a Vassal of sorts. Her job was to tend to her new mistress' every need, if she didn't do it, or did a sub par job, then she was given more debt. Another trick to extend her time with them; though, oddly, she didn't care this time. In her human life, she had never been a mother, so possibly here in this demon life, she could be something close. The young mistress she had been tasked with to care for grew rather quickly, learning to walk, and order, before the first year was out. It was jarring to say the least, even more so when she learned that a demon only ages once every ten years. The quickness that young mistress learned was astounding, but they did eventually become friends of sorts.

Now Aithne, with her life before her, a vassal of some unimportant princess, had a purpose. It was new to have this sort of thing such would last for ninety years. Forgotten was her old life, she was now Aithne, Vassal of the young mistress, Fire mage of the house. Others grew jealous of her attention and there were times when she had to defend herself. One such time makes for a fine story of respect.

Notable Achievements:

Her time with the young mistress changed her, Aithne was already hot headed and those who were jealous of her station, were not quiet about their distaste. Eventually she had to stand up to them, she had to fight. The master, and young mistress, came to watch as she alone squared off against fourteen other mages and skulls. The demons thought numbers would save them, and even had a few blues mixed in, though most of them were Greens. Aithne was given a task, to either do away with the disruptive aspects of her tenure in the house, or perish in service to her mistress. With such stakes, and not wanting to lose her one friend, she faced the horde of demons and waited. The group threw spell after spell at her, the blues especially hurt, but finally she saw her chance and cast a Nova into the group of greens busy attempting to cast Terra wind. She didn't know why she knew, but the nova expanded inside the wind spell, devouring it, and then erupted taking out a rather large number of the demons in one fell swoop.

After the dust cleared the scene before them was clear, where there was once fourteen demons stood only a Blue skull and two heavily hurt green mages. The Skull had used up a great deal of his mana to shield himself from the blast, and thus, when Aithne came at him with more spells he was unable to fight back; alongside the last of the greens the Blue was defeated. Turning towards her master and mistress wounded, weak, but triumphant, she noticed another demon there, this one quite angry but paying her master something. It wasn't till later after a visit to the nurse again, that she learned what had transpired. The master had been tricked into a poor bet that only one of his vassals could fight fourteen of the other demons vassals for right to rule the neighboring lands. The demons defeat, granted her master and mistress a great deal of new profits and her a modicum of respect within the house. She was no longer bothered about her favoritism and others started heeding her words. The power was, kind of intoxicating to her at first, though the feeling quickly dulled.

Imprisoned For:

Many years have passed since that great battle, after which the young mistress, and herself, had grown closer as she had been integral to garnering more prestige for the family. Being her direct vassal, this success directly shone on the young mistress. Still young in many ways though, the demon was nearing her first century and a half of life. Almost to her birthday and the two were out, enjoying the woods beyond the grounds of their home. The young mistress, having embellished and changed the story so much, had ordered that Aithne show her might and bring forth her magic in another wondrous explosion. Caring deeply for the young mistress, she was only to eager to listen as she started gathering fire mana into her demonic form preparing a rather Grandiose spell. It wasn't long until she had enough and asked her mistress which tree was to be snuffed out. The young mistress, excited to see more power, pointed to a tree from which the spell was unleashed upon with a cacophonous explosion, momentarily making Aithne's body lock up as she remembered her death. The explosion washed over the two of them, Aithne's clothing resisting the fire, where her young mistress' dress, did not. Unconscious and quite undressed, the fire mage quickly pulled off her own dress to cover her mistress' modesty and hurried back to the house of the master.

Upon arriving though the master was displeased and thought that something deviant had happened. Turning his own sizable powers on Aithne, the Mage had no chance and was brutally beaten down. By the time she awoke, she was dressed again in her tattered red dress and was being lead out in shackles to a teleportation node. The masters look of displeasure angered Aithne, but when she saw her young mistress' look of fear, and shame, she was cowed and felt a modicum of utter defeat. She hardly noticed the teleportation to the Persephone prison, and only briefly heard the charges levied against her. Attempted Deviance against an underage demon, Destruction of personal property, Unwanted voyeurism against an underage demon, Public exhibitionism in the presence of a Political figure, They took her before the council where the young mistress took to the stand and spun a tale of how Aithne had caused a purposeful explosion to not only knock her out, but rid her of her favorite dress. The case was terribly one sided as well, as Aithne found out that the young mistress was a distant cousin to the current Tyrant president, whom had enacted all the anti-deviancy laws. Unable to plead her case, she was sentenced to being an inmate of the prison, her debt tripled from what it was when she was first reborn 190 years prior. Taken away, broken from the betrayal of her young mistress, she was forcefully stripped of her powers and memories. She no longer knew of the human that was once Aithne, she vaguely remembered the great fight that had happened years prior to garner prestige, and now she only remembered someone out there, somewhere, had given her a life of happiness and fulfillment. She couldn't remember whom that person was, but something deep within her yearned to return to their side no matter the cost.

Mkay there we go an updated concept!

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!