Return to Miller's Hollow [Villagers Win!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 28, 2012, 12:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mayerling

It was with the sweet taste of vindication that swirled in Mayerling's mouth when Ryven, the one who had attacked him the very first night, had been exposed as the true monster he was. That seemed like months ago. Now it seemed that Mith had a hand in the play. Mayerling was sad to suspect her, but in truth her guilt was all too assured.

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Saffron on October 23, 2012, 11:57:10 AM
Pre-Event Requirement
I need each player to please Private Message me with something they would like to publicly announce, anonymously.

Each villager still in the game should write a short phrase of their choice, the author is kept anonymous. Each player is free to write whatever they want: suspicious, warnings, comments, denunciations, compliments, declarations of love... Get creative and don't be afraid to lie/cheat/steal! ;D

An event within the coming days will reveal what this is for. ;)
Just in case anyone doesn't check the previous page.

Also, as a clairifcation, your message isn't limited to just be one line, but please don't type out a paragraph.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

SunshineSparkle

The news of Ryven's body,found in it's furred state hadn't been a surprising discovery to Sunshine,she had started suspecting his involvement in the murders after his friend's death.She felt a little relieved that they had managed to finally uncover one of those beasts,but how many others were still hiding?
Without RPGuy's heroic act,Sasha would have been dead by now and another innocent accused wrongly

She gestured her head toward Mith,looking at the woman straight in the eyes "My voice is joining the others,I strongly believe that you have a hand in all this"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Mithlomwen (9)

Yet to Vote
Falanor, James Moriarty, Mithlomwen, Remiel

As they continued their voting, a strange dark cloud mass began forming over Miller's Hollow. Within a few moments it had started to rain, the water coming down heavier and heavier with each passing moment.
Us against the world

James Moriarty

He nodded in solemn agreement with the others.  "So quiet and yet so dangerous -- your time has come, Mithlomwen."

James took little satisfaction in the recent successes of his fellow villagers -- the count of those dead was still growing, and many an innocent person had been lynched or nearly so.  And he had a strong feeling that the coming night would be no warmer or brighter than the last.

He pulled his coat tight around him as the cold rain intensified.

Remiel

Remiel nodded with satisfaction.  Whoever the Alchemist was, he had cleverly deduced the identity of one of the werewolves and had taken swift action to ensure that the monster was no longer a threat.  Such a clever, clever man, that alchemist.  And such an extraordinarily handsome one too, Remiel suspected.  A man whose reputation as a paramour of great renown was sure to precede him where'er he went, and who was someone who left dozens of satisfied village girls in his wake.   Oh, he was surely an exemplar of virtue, even a paragon of humanity, no doubt.

Whomever he may be.

Remiel went back to his digging, whistling softly to himself as he did so.  Perhaps the "cursed village" wasn't so cursed after all.  Perhaps, just this once, the clouds would break and the sun would shine again.  Perhaps peace would finally come to Miller's Hollow.

Then he heard it--the sonorous tolling of the bells in the town square.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls," he mused.  "It tolls for Mithlomwen."

Mithlomwen

Mith stared wide eyed at the villagers, disbelieving what she was hearing. 

"You are wrong."  She murmured softly, shaking her head.  "You should be looking at SunshineSparkle."
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Autumn Sativus

Votes
Mithlomwen (11)
Sunshine Sparkle (1)

Yet to Vote
Falanor

The rain continued to worsen throughout the day. It seemed they were soon going to need to take shelter in their cabins if they wanted to avoid all getting sick from the cold, wet air. They weren't sure where Falanor had got off to, but it didn't seem his vote was going to save Mithlomwen's life in either case.

Last call for votes or changes.
Us against the world

Falanor

Falanor listened from the alleyway as people cast their votes, freely giving up the life of another to the rising paranoia, wondering if the senseless blood-shedding would ever end.  "I have a hard time following the reasoning," he said as he stepped into the town square, "Alas, I seem to be unable to stop the tide of mob justice...Mithlomwen I know not what you did to offend so many so readily but I'm afraid there's no way to change this outcome."

Autumn Sativus

With only Mithlomwen's vote preventing the tally from being unanimous, there was just no hope for the woman. As they dragged her off to the noose, however, her body twisted and cracked, changing in seconds to the massive form of another Werewolf. She wasn't done yet, though. Before they managed to get the noose around her neck, she managed to take a chunk out of someone. Once the wolf was hanging limp the villagers scattered to their homes to get out of the rain, but they could be certain that Mithlomwen had ensured another wolf would take her place terrorizing the villagers of Miller's Hollow.

As night falls the rain continues to pour down in buckets, the ground and trees now fully saturated, large puddles were beginning to form.

Players
  • Falanor
  • James Moriarty
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Sarena
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • That Girl Analise
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles

• Peasants x5-6
  • Priest
  • Seer
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x1-2
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Event - Flood!/Day 6
During the night, the rain continues, to a point where the villagers awake knee deep in water. Miller's Hollow was flooding, and very quickly at that! A quick meeting in the middle of the town shows that That Girl Analise is nowhere to be found. They can only assume the wolves got to her early and her body will be found when they can return to their homes safely.

In a snap decision, ThatRPGuy points out that the Church is elevated from the rest of the village, while at the same time Sarena suggests that the abandoned Inn is higher up on a hill. The men hurry off to follow RPGuy to the Church, where they shelter while the clouds rain themselves out and the flood clears. The women follow Sarena to the Inn where they will hope to stay dry and safe from the rising waters.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Event - The Writing's On The Wall/Night 6
As the men enter the Church, they are slightly disturbed to find that it has been defiled with graffiti of all sorts, which appears to be scrawled entirely in blood. They read the messages and think on them throughout the day, waiting for nightfall, to see if they were unlucky enough to be housed with a wolf.

"I am the Seer and I know that these people are innocents:  Mr. Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, James Moriarty, Remiel, Sasha, Sarena, ThatRPGuy and Valerian.  The rest of you should all be very very worried!"
"I know what you are. You trust me, but I know."
"I just want somebody to take care of me. I'm afraid to die."
"Farewell, my friends, for I fear I will not survive much longer. Godspeed."
"Remiel is an odd sort...seemingly enjoying the burying of the dead a task he seems to do while looking down on the rest of the villagers. With that crazed look in his eyes and sheen of sweat covering his backside an enjoyment of evil that send chills down your spine. A chill that makes one lick their lips as it is so intoxicating to watch. Maybe a cold shower might be needed if he keeps it up. "
"I suspect that Valerian is the Seer."

The women find a similarly gruesome scene in the long abandoned Inn.

"Mithlomwen turned [you]!"
"These fangs have a taste for the seer."
"You may have killed the rest of my friends, but you haven't found me, have you? Eleven of you will fall asleep; only ten will awaken. One by one your friends will fall around you. Sleep tight… Try to fantasize about a life that doesn’t so closely resemble Hell. "
"I fear there is yet one among us who cannot be trusted -- even now."
“The Dread Pirate Roberts never takes prisoners.  I can't afford to make exceptions. I mean once word leaks out that a pirate has gone soft, people begin to disobey you and it's nothing but work, work, work all the time.”

These messages left much to be contemplated. Are they true? Are they false? Who wrote them here? Who's blood is it? It wasn't as if they had anything else to do. Day came and went and the flood continued, it seemed the groups had no choice but to spend the night together on higher ground and hope that all would turn out well. It was a thought, that perhaps two would die this night, if there was a werewolf in each of their safehouses. Only time would tell.

There are still one or two phrases I haven't received. If you were alive when I made the request, feel free to PM me and I will add your message.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

Day 7

The following morning each safehouse opens to find the sun shining and the ground wet, but no longer flooded. They are safe to return home. Well, as safe as they possibly could be with these killers in their midst.

At the Inn, it was Sarena they found in cold blood, crouched in front of a makeshift altar with her looking glass taking the centre. It seemed those dastardly wolves had finally got what they were looking for, the Seer.

At the same time, the men found it was Falanor who suffered a similar fate. They could find no evidence to prove he was anything other than a Peasant.

When they returned to the village, they did discover the body of That Girl Analise, who they also determined to be simply a Peasant.

With two wolves walking in their midst and three innocents lost, the village hoped the flood was the end of their battle and that they would soon be able to say they had survived much worse than a night of flooding. Only time could tell their fate...

The villagers gather in the centre of town to mourn their losses and pick off the remaining beasts before it was too late.

The lynch vote resumes as usual.

Players
  • James Moriarty
  • Lord Mayerling
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Peasants x3
  • Priest
  • Guardian
  • Healer
  • Alchemist
  • Werewolves x2
Us against the world

Galactic Druid

Guy looked around the crowd, one by one. If one had been lost from each group, then he knew for sure, there was at least one wolf in each. He was sad to see the loss of his ally, the seer, though if the graffiti he had seen truly was from her, she had helped him, even in death.

Though he had his suspicions of what may have happened among the women, he was sure of who in his group was the wolf. "Mayerling..." he said with a pointed finger. He knew beyond any doubt it was not Bigglesworth, the professor, or his friend Remiel. "How long have you been one of them, hiding among us, claiming to be a former healer?"

Looking among the women, he wasn't positive who was a wolf, but he was sure of who wasn't, he had proven that much. That vote would have to wait, he was much more certain about Mayerling.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

James Moriarty

"Ah, the writing is truly on the wall this time, eh?"  Though his remark was sarcastic, he could not manage much feeling for it.  With his dear friend Sarena dead, and with Falanor's beautiful tenor voice forever silenced, his trusted Sheriff, he felt nearly hopeless.  And poor Analise, whom he had never really gotten to know...  These were dark days, soggy days.

"ThatRPGuy speaks for me, as well," James said clearly, stepping forward through the crowd.  "Mayerling, once a seemingly trusted ally -- perhaps even once an ally in truth -- is now one half of what holds us back from the peace we so desperately need."  He shook his head -- it was Mayerling who had initially put him on the trail of Ryven, though admittedly, of Starlequin as well...  But these were complicated times, and there was only one clear choice after what had transpired the night before.

Sasha

The holy man , priest whatever one called ThatRPguy so far he had been on the right track . When the words and the name unfolded ...by two other gentleman . She bit her lip ...in desperate need of coffee she was . Least she had a dry hat back in her cabin , good thing she had hung them all up on the wall . High enough the flood waters were unable to reach them . Adjusting it a little to keep the sun out of her eyes . That mind of her's twirling ...in deep thought . He had been attacked that first night but not found dead ....it did make sense that he might now be infected and changed into one of them .

Thinking back to the Inn and the dreadful sight found that morning . No way he could of killed 2 people , someone in there had to be a murdering wolf . Even if per chance the accusations being made were true ...then . biting her lip more ...one of the females had to be a wolf . She no idea ..it was a roll of the dice on this end . Really they had been grasping at straws from the beginning . Wasn't she not so long ago about to be hanged .

" Do tell us ...Lord Mayerling ....what of you innocence in this matter ? " part of her mind argued the reasoning of this train of thought that was being generated though .  Very difficult to decide ....watching now to see if any of the other women in the mix seemed too overly excited about the blame finger being pointed at another .

Mr Bigglesworth

"Mayerling, I never trusted that one.  He seemed fishy to me from the start...

Valerian

Val listened to the voting with an increasingly unsettling sense of déjà vu.  In exactly this way the votes had piled up against Mithlomwen, and while they had thankfully been correct then, Val herself as sure as anyone could be in these troubled times, now she felt less sure.  True, the accused did have an odd way about him at times, but to go so far as to think him a wolf... and yet so many people seemed so certain of their ground.

"I cannot deny the logic of these arguments," she said, slowly.  "Yes, I think Lord Mayerling must be a wolf.  God forgive us if we are wrong, but I pray that we still have some good spirits left watching over us, and that we are not making a mistake."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

"But that doesn't make sense," Remiel protested.  "Lord Mayerling was the first one who told me to suspect Ryven.  Why would a wolf sell out one of his fellow wolves?"  He shook his head, refusing to believe that Mayerling was guilty.  "Then again," he mused, "I suppose it is possible he could have been infected in the chaos of the rainstorm."

"I'm sorry, Lord Mayerling," he sighed.  "I don't believe you are guilty, myself, but as Sheriff, I suppose I must follow the wishes of the majority--since to do otherwise would be a death sentence."

"If it turns out he's innocent," he added, turning back to the others, "I'm going to take a long, hard look at Mr. Bigglesworth."

SunshineSparkle

Bodies were torn apart,distorted and mutilated,the mere sight of them knotting her stomach with disgust.Who did this inhuman act?
She tore her gaze from the horrific images displayed before them,sadness and sorrow filling her heart over the death of more innocents.

"I have always found Niferbelle to be strangely quiet"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Autumn Sativus

Votes
LM (6)
Nifer (1)
Sunshine (1)

Yet to Vote
Lord Mayerling
Us against the world

Niferbelle

It was all happening again as one by one the group began to point fingers at Lord Mayerling who Liferbelle didn't believe was one of the wolves. Then again, she would be forced to admit she no longer had any idea who was safe any more. She felt a pang of alarm when her own name was mentioned and realized that soon it could be her own neck in the noose.

"Are we hangin' people now for being quiet?" Niferbelle asked with as much dignity as she could muster. "You're pointin' the finger at an innocent woman so I have to wonder why and point my finger right back, Sunshine Sparkle."

Lord Mayerling

"Yeah. I'm a werewolf. What of it?" Mayerling commented dryly. "Well don't just stand there! Get on with it!"

Autumn Sativus

Well, I mean technically you can't vote for yourself, but... I don't think it's gonna change much. :P

Last call for changes.
Us against the world

Autumn Sativus

With his admission, there was hardly anything the villagers could do to deny the opportunity to hang another wolf. In just a matter of moments it was all over, Lord Mayerling proven the Werewolf he claimed to be and the villagers becoming safer each night. Though, there was still something to question about the writings they had found in the church and the inn. Did those messages still hold some truth? None of the questions had yet been answered... perhaps they could find some answers there.

Hoping this madness would end soon, the village took to sleep for another night.

Players
  • James Moriarty
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • Niferbelle
  • Remiel
  • Sasha
  • SunshineSparkle
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian

Roles
  • Peasants x3
  • Priest