The SCP Foundation (investigative horror, checking for interest)

Started by Wargtass, April 07, 2014, 06:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 13, 2014, 03:21:59 PM
Can i be an SCP?

Warg left it open in the OP, though it's important to point out that 'playing' an SCP should be a difficult and extremely antagonistic role. Especially for humanoids, the general rule of thumb is basically:

1) Make the SCP miserable and/or dangerous to be around.
2) Would you ever, under any circumstances imaginable, want to be that SCP in real life? If so, GOTO 1.

You'll spend all your time locked away in a box/cell/containment unit, except when white-coated scientists are doing horrible things to you/making you do horrible things to other people, in order to figure out how you work/what you do. Trying to escape means taking on an organization that makes the MIB look like your grandma's knitting circle, and they've probably written a book specifically explaining how to stop/capture/kill you. You're playing "against" all the other PCs, and all the NPCs, you (probably) have superpowers of some kind, and you're the underdog by a ridiculous margin.

TLDR: Warg says yes, and Warg is in charge. But if you're not already deeply familiar with the SCP universe/site, I would advise against it, because it looks like Warg is planning to play the 'verse fairly straight, so being a sentient humanoid Scip is going to suck giant hairy monkey balls pretty much 24/7.

Wargtass

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 13, 2014, 06:47:47 PM
TLDR: Warg says yes, and Warg is in charge. But if you're not already deeply familiar with the SCP universe/site, I would advise against it, because it looks like Warg is planning to play the 'verse fairly straight, so being a sentient humanoid Scip is going to suck giant hairy monkey balls pretty much 24/7.

This, pretty much. I am leaving SCP's open in case someone wants to play one for a while, taking a break from the equally miserable life of the Foundation personnel.
O/O

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Wargtass on April 13, 2014, 07:02:09 PM
This, pretty much. I am leaving SCP's open in case someone wants to play one for a while, taking a break from the equally miserable life of the Foundation personnel.

Hey, Foundation life isn't always miserable. If it was, no one would stay to do it You can have lazy days getting paid to eat chocolate cake, petting Josie the Half-Cat, and complaining about me. But then The Lizard breaks containment the next day and thirty guards die trying to lock it up again.

Being Foundation staff is miserable on average. Being an SCP is miserable all the time. Important to remember this. :D

Wargtass

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 13, 2014, 07:08:36 PM
Hey, Foundation life isn't always miserable. If it was, no one would stay to do it You can have lazy days getting paid to eat chocolate cake, petting Josie the Half-Cat, and complaining about me. But then The Lizard breaks containment the next day and thirty guards die trying to lock it up again.

Being Foundation staff is miserable on average. Being an SCP is miserable all the time. Important to remember this. :D

I love 682 tho...  ;D
O/O

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

SGTDan

I'll probably make a Response Team, if you Wart are planning to do things outside the foundation.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 13, 2014, 07:22:13 PM
There are SCPs that are allowed to wander

A very tiny handful of them, they're still contained within the facility itself, and the only one I can think of that is also humanoid is SCP-507. And being -507 would bring new and creative definitions to 'sucks to be you'.

So if you think you can enjoy portraying something/someone who life sucks more than 507, go ahead and give it a shot.

Metro Mech

True, I would like to be Nine-fox Tail then because was my favourite team for fighting those SCPs
Behold my O/O

Metro Mech

Sorry Nine-tail fox, I meant those guys because I like them for there action and their general guarding duty in some areas
Behold my O/O

TheGlyphstone

Still...what. The only nine-tailed fox I know of is a thing from the Naruto anime, and I'll be boggled if Warg lets you import an anime character into the Foundationverse.

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O

TheGlyphstone

Oh. you want to be part of a task force, okay. You kept talking about being an SCP.

Metro Mech

That was before I realized that it wasn't going to work. so i want to b the task force e apart of
Behold my O/O

Latooni Subota

There IS a foxgirl SCP, though. She's a horrible, HORRIBLE person. 507 is a neat dude though. It's jerks like the lizard and that GODDAMN teddy bear that you have to look out for. The devil-desk is pretty cool though.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.