Temporal Exploration

Started by SGTDan, April 12, 2014, 01:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGTDan

I had a idea, looking through old RPG books. I saw this awesome setting I want to use for a PbP game. Basically you are all employees of a technology company who make various electronics for many different customers. A wide selection of people work in the remote compound, which is more of a fortress, but the most desirable position is to work on the companies top project. Through some less then clear means the CEO has managed to devise a, for a lack of a better term, portal to the past. No one understands how the thing works but you all know it works. When you were recruited you went through a process that could only be described as a faith test.  All of you are eager young souls wanting to make your mark on the world so when you saw what this man did, you are to a point loyal to him. Whether or not genuine you at least passed that test. Now after passing several decon chambers you stand before the portal, ready to step through and make your mark. Maybe in a way which is too literal.

On the other side is FOB Delta, which stands 70 million years in the past.

The things that await you will turn science on it's head. With discovery comes risk and in the Jurassic period, the risks are major.

Just remember Dunbex Electronics doesn't cover being eaten.

Anyone interested?
-Time will be modern
-Occupations will be a mixture of science fields, trackers, security etc.
-It will involve more then one period of time
-It will start out innocent but quickly the repercussions of time travel will catch up the company.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

SGTDan

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

Blinkin

I had an idea sort of like this some time back, but wasn't sure that it would fly so didn't offer it.

Label me interested and we'll see what happens as more information is revealed.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

SGTDan

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Metro Mech

Can I be a hunter/protector?
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

SGTDan

Quote from: Godric the Radical on April 14, 2014, 02:59:44 PM
Can I be a hunter/protector?
Absolutely, Dunbex would hire experienced hunters/trackers to guide the expeditions from the base camp. Would be silly not to given that most of the expedition would be various scientist. Think Roland Tembo and Muldoon from the JP series.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Metro Mech

I was going for Robert Muldoon in that respect
Behold my O/O

Blinkin

Well, since someone brought up JP... maybe a sexy little paleo-botanist wanting to do research on jerrissic period plantlife as a potential source of medicinal opportunities with the hope of bringing a few of the extinct species back for more in depth research... Thinking petite, but curvy enough to make a 70 million year old stick stand up and take notice. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

SGTDan

Absolutely no problem with that, there will be all kinds of amazing flora and fauna for you to prod.

I should note you will be wearing suits on any outing given the bacteria and such that your bodies wouldn't be able to fight off.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Blinkin

They won't always be out in the wild, so it's cool. The suits make sense to me though
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Metro Mech

True and you'll have your trusty guide to protect you along the way with abs of steel
Behold my O/O

SGTDan

No you won't, and it's not going to be bulky modern suits. A lot of research has gone into making a decent suit not to hinder your movements. The actual base is underground, a small base up top protected by sonic sensors is the set up point.

Hopefully I get some more people in here.
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Metro Mech

No he is just strong and well built
Behold my O/O

Blinkin

Hmmm. abs of steel and an assie accent? ;) Might just have to see if those abs accept teeth marks. lol

I hope that more interest is shown as well, this could be fun!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Charlotte Fox