News:

Main Menu

Doctor Who 50th

Started by WashAutumstar, November 21, 2013, 08:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WashAutumstar

Dear everyone, all genders, all species, all faiths, all races, everyone.

My name is Wash Autumstar, you probably don't know me, and that's ok, but i know you. Or at the very least, i know enough about you to send you this message. It is for all of you Whovians out there, old, young, fans of modern who, fans of old who, people who have never seen it but love the idea. Together you and I are about to experience a phenomenon, an event that is the reason you and I are best friends, though we have never met. An anniversary that will be known around the world, inspiring us all. A moment of unexplainable connectivity. Just around the corner is a day, a day that many of us are excited for, looking forward to, perhaps even a little scared about.

The Day of the Doctor.

After 50 years of adventure, we come together for a momentous occasion, and many of you don't need me reminding you of that, no no no, that is not why I am here. I am here for several reasons: part of it is, I feel so excited that i needed someplace to tell people, and what better place than the internet. The other reason is to have a moment where, if you are reading this, you stop and think.

Think of everything. Doctor who has been inspiring people for years, 50 years. Think of all the adventures, all the companions, all the heartache and the laughter, and how this event, this incredible event, is the culmination of 50 years. How by being a Whovian you can connect with someone, thanks to fandom. You meet someone and find out the other is into Doctor Who - boom, instant bond formed. There is nothing else like that, and I have gone to many Sci-fi conventions over the years, and I will never have as good of friends as I do from there. It is my stress reliever, my vacation, my home, all thanks to people like you.

Now some people argue that Doctor who is just a show, and that may have been what it started as. But now, now it is something much more, it brings people together, it makes us imagine, and wonder, and it makes us dream. So as this November the 23 comes upon us, I just wanted to say, thank you.

Thank you for being my inspire-rs, my life up lifters, and my dream creators. Thanks not only to the actors and writers and all the people who go into making something like this, but to you, the fandom. Thank you all, people i have and haven't met, for being my friends, my lovers, my motivators and my family.

Now, let us Run. gear up, grab your scarfs and your celery, you question marks and your bow ties, your pocket watches and you trench coats, your leather jackets and your walking sticks, your capes and your pipes, and most importantly your friends.

And I'll see you on the other side.

**side note, the video i created by chopping up and fusing a couple videos i found on youtube, no offense to the creators or the original owners was intended**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcIa8FHAl-M&feature=youtu.be

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

Florence

I was WONDERING when someone would make one of these :P

I would have if no one else had by tomorrow.

Really, though, I'm not sure what to say. Its exciting, I can't wait... Doctor Who is, in my humble opinion, the single greatest television franchise ever conceived... and I've been watching BBC America 24/7 for the last two days, watching non-stop Doctor Who... okay, not non-stop, there's this annoying little break from 6-8 for BBC Global News. WHO CARES WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE REAL WORLD DAMNIT, I WANT MORE WHO!

Really, I think there is only one phrase in all of human language that can truly sum up my feelings; my excitement, my joy, my love of this series; one phrase that can accurately convey how fantastic this series is, and how much I can't wait to see this special; one phrase that can capture the global fandom, and our recognition that bow ties, fezzes and stetsons are indeed cool, our acknowledgement that this is more than just a show, but an absolute necessity of life; one phrase to sum up all that we love about Doctor Who: ALLONS-Y!
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

SinXAzgard21

Sad that we won't get next season till the fall next year.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Toral Stimins

The cinema chain that I work for (at Head Office as PL Supervisor) is having one screen for all 15 of our sites reserved for the showing. It's going out by simulcast, same moment for anyone around the world. It is expected that up to 70 million people around the globe will watch it somewhere. At 7.50pm UK time and then worked out to whatever your timezone is. Most people will watch it in a cinema.

But I won't be watching, I've got a football (European way) match to go to and for that's much more fun. For those of you that are going to watch, I hope it will be everything you hope for.

Florence

I wish I lived in the UK, I'd see it in the cinema in a heart beat. But I'll settle for sitting on my bed in my boxers, eating fish custard and watching it on tv xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Florence

Lilias

It was. And too much to absorb in a single viewing. Must watch again tomorrow, a couple of times...
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Geeklet

The chemistry between Tennant and Smith was fantastic.

Florence

Quote from: Geeklet on November 23, 2013, 04:16:43 PM
The chemistry between Tennant and Smith was fantastic.

It really, really was! And John Hurt was absolutely amazing. One would think that two established Doctors would have overshadowed the 'new' (from our perspectives, anyway) Doctor, but he really stood out on his own. He really played well off the other two Doctors as well. I actually really felt like I wanted to see more John Hurt's War Doctor.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Also, omg, that scene with all the different Doctor's, including the Twelfth Doctor, all working towards the end. Holy shit amazing. Not to mention the amazing cameo by Tom Baker at the end.

Stella

I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. THIS WAS BRILLIANT.

Deamonbane

They were showing it in cinemas here in Brazil, all over the countries...

Also, I am something of a tardis... Sorry, tardy *grins* Who fan, so I dunno if I would be considered a Whovian yet... I haven't watched the old Series, but I did watch the new seasons since 2005 in a matter of 3 weeks, spending many a sleepless night indulging in my love for the universe which I was so recently introduced to... And is it wrong that I feel that it was all time well spent?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

WashAutumstar

Well...After watching it twice i can honestly say.. Holy...Crap... I'm gonna go turn into a puddle of squeeing fan-boy

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg