All That Remains: Zombie Apocolypse Survival!!

Started by Urbanzorro, April 06, 2011, 10:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

Also, assuming approval of all the characters posted up so far (which looks like how it may be) we will have 6 characters meaning a second person can take a car if they like. ;D
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Odin

Yeah, I saw my image wasn't working.

Somehow the code screwed up and added a second http://?

Should be working now.

Crovonovin

I'm still not seeing it, Odin.  Maybe it's just me?

Urbanzorro

Me either, maybe you should just post it as a link Odin

Opp wait, it worked for me when I checked again...odd

But anyways character approved ;D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Odin

Aurora Wayland

Urbanzorro

@Aurora Wayland: Saw the updates ;D Character approved

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Aurora Wayland

Odin

Did that fix it on your screen, Urban and Shihong?

Urbanzorro

Works fine on mine. Your character is approved (not sure if I said he was already or not so I'm doing it again just to be safe ;D)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Odin

Awesome. When does casting close, lol?

And where will the rp take off from?

Urbanzorro

I'm working on the 1st post so casting will probably close either later today or early tomorrow,considering I figured at least 5 people would be good for the game to be able to survive and we have already met that ;D

BUT that doesn't mean we're all filled up already so if someone's interested feel free!

As far as where it will be I'm probably going to put it up in extreme given the possibility for blood/violence/death that the game may involve.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

OmniKitty

I'm interested, is there still vacancies? I'll give my character info if you say I can. =)

A&As updated: 10.01.2012--
Currently available for a limited number of new roleplays! If you want to revive our old one, contact me.

It's pretty to hear the things you say,
You're pretty to watch at all,

I need your starlight in the back of my head...

Haibane

Unfortunately I have writers block at the moment - been plaguing me about a week or more and is getting worse.

Best to start without my char in the caravan and she'll join later (if that works plot-wise) when I can write something other than shopping lists again :(

Urbanzorro

@blaykelove: Sure feel free to post up a character
@Haibane: Thanks for the heads up
@Everyone: Sorry the start up post ran a bit behind schedule but I'm almost finished typing it out! Also considering that Haibane is going to be holding off for a while and that she was one of the ones with a car I'll allow someone else to have a car. I'm creating a character for myself in the game so if no one volunteers then I'll take it but if anyone else would like it please feel free.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

OmniKitty

Appearance: She is 5'4", 105lbs, slightly athletic, thin build. Thick, wavy red hair, was very long before the outbreak, cut short for safety reasons. Blue eyes. Dressed like the second picture. Has one more outfit, which is shorts, a black tank top, and black Converse.

Name: Lilly Irene Isaacs (Li)

Personality: Li is a very timid girl, almost antisocial. This makes some people think she's snobby, but really she's sweet. She is very analytical. 

Bio: She grew up in Beaumont, Texas, a mid-sized city. She grew up in an upper-middle class, emotionally distant family, and is the only child. Her parents loved her, but rarely showed it. They usually left her alone. Her family were country people. They were fairly outdoorsy, though she didn't share their passion, she knew the basics, and could stand a week or two of camping. Her family embraced the second amendment, and so did she. For her twenty-first birthday, in a rare act of affection, her parents helped her acquire a nice handgun that she could conceal. When she left for college, she kept in touch with her family only a few times a month.

At the first signs of outbreak, being the zombie geek she was, she prepared herself. Her friends laughed and joked with her about it, even when Li became serious about it. When the outbreak finally hit Beaumont, Li was still shocked. Although she was prepared and had supplies bought, she was still in denial. Li and a small group of college friends immediately went to find each of their families, since they were all close by. All she found of her family was excessive amounts of blood, and no supplies were gone from the house. She came to terms with the fact that they had both been bitten. She survived with her small group until they were all dead. Li was then stuck in a very temporary, easily breached shelter, with too many supplies for her to carry on her person. Left with no hope, shortly after her last group member died, the caravan found her. (Since Beaumont is only a few hours East of Caldwell, and you mentioned New England accents, does this work? If not, please give me some ideasss, I'm at a loss.  :-\)

Previous Occupation: Li was a full-time college student, only working a few hours at her school library.

Skills: Li's most valuable skill is probably her knowledge, logic, and reasoning. Because of the way she was raised, she has a vast amount of information on how to survive, and various things, but has had no physical training.

Belongings: She had her small 9mm gun with half a box of bullets left. She didn't know much about it except how to shoot. She's been in shooting ranges, but had no real talent with it. She had a hiking backpack that fit an extra outfit, pocketknife, matches, compass, refillable water bottle, and a child sized bedroll attached to it. She had lost all food in her last shelter change. She also had a crowbar permanently glued to her hand; she even slept with it.

Currently available for a limited number of new roleplays! If you want to revive our old one, contact me.

Urbanzorro

Her bio looks good ;D just find an image and she's accepted!

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

OmniKitty

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Wintercat

I'm interested if you still got room, and a chance to join along somehow.

Appearance: Black hair and dark blue eyes, a slim body kept in shape but not really muscular, wears glasses due to otherwise having a small blur in his long-range vision. Generally seen in well worn black jeans and a grey t-shirt, usually also wearing a thick wintercoat.

Name: Luis Federow

Personality: Serious but friendly, with a loyalty towards those he considers friends but also a vicious streak for those he considers a threat to his survival, Luis is a young man who has snapped slightly in face of the apocalypse. He treats humans with polite and friendly attitude but his attitude towards the infected is more hateful, almost psychotic at times. This is due to them ruining the life he had planned for himself and he's taking it personally though it was everyone who lost everything when the infection came.

Bio: Luis was working at a corporate laborary examining test data for a number of chemicals they were handling, gauging reactions and noting down positive or negative development of certain products. It was tiresome, and usually boring job, but it did leave him with a fair share of money even if he was fairly young at his job. He had aspirations to rise higher in the corporate ladder and its research division. He was always pushing as hard as he could, but work wasn't everything to him.

Those few days he could get off from work he liked to go out to the woods with friends, have a beer or two and a laugh around the campfire. He was in the scouts when he was younger, and he tried to keep up the way he hanged out with friends at night in the forest now and then. Drinking a little and exchanging stories, it was fun way to spend the time. He had gone out hunting with the guys a few times, but usually when they met it was not the right season for hunting so they had to just relax with drinking together for a while.

It was during one of these vacations that he heard first news of the incident, and discussed the matter seriously with his friends. He wasn't sure what to think of it, especially as it began to grow wider. He and his friends were fans of roleplaying games, including several that dealt with zombies, but for something like this to be happening, he didn't think of zombies. Not right away at least. Rather, he feared a terrorist attack or biological warfare. When the infection spread the way it did, he came to realize it would hit him too eventually. Hoarding of goods began, and he was preparing to follow the Zombie Survival Guide's lessons, even as he thought the thing had been written as a joke it still held numerous useful advice.

Boarding up his home he was preparing to defend it and wait for the worst to pass with the canned goods he had prepared upstairs, when the worst came. Even before the infection reached his hometown, a fire struck out at the neighborhood, and his house was among the first ones to burn to the ground, before the by then undermanned fire-fighter squad arrived to water the ruins.

He had precious little time left, gathering what he could and buying new goods, he asked his friends who he had been going camping with before to lend him some gear he could not find in the stores anymore, thankful that they had all kept spares. His possessions were meager, but the fire had taken his home, so there was no 'Phase 1' of 'On the Defence' for him. He had to move to 'Phase 2' of 'On the Run'.

Luis came across the caravan, and asked to be allowed to join along, offering his knowledge about the chemicals, the skills of a former boyscout, and the fact he could shoot, even if he wasn't exactly great at it.

Previous Occupation: Chemist

Skills: Luis is a chemist and given the ingredients he can mix together a number of things, but many chemicals are hard to come by. Given the opportunity though, or enough time to harvest natural ingredients, he is capable of providing goods that should help out. Pharmatical goods is one example of what he will be striving to create whenever possible.

He's fairly good at basic scout skills. Building a shelter, setting a tent up properly, gathering food in the woods (at least in the right seasons), tracking and identifying animals, identifying various plants, and finding his way through usually.

Luis has gone out hunting before, but he is not particularily good with short guns like pistols. He could fire one, but his only real experience is with hunting rifles, and he does not have one, after the housefire. It is something he hopes to scavenge somewhere however.

Belongings: Luis meager possessions include
* Extended First Aid Kit
* Flashlight with a man-powered system, as long as he keeps pulling the trigger in rhytm he has some light at least.
* Box of Batteries
* E-Book reader. Formerly a fancy good, now perhaps a necessity in the long run, the reader only burns battery when he turns a page or loads out another book, otherwise just quickly drawing the page and then stopping the power use, the screen just showing what was last drawn, not needing the power to maintain it. He is not sure how long it lasts, he recharged it at his friend's home when there was still electricity left but now he's doubtful it'll be useful once spent to the finish. Already expecting a chaos earlier, he downloaded the e-reader full of handbooks and guides, but it also contains a number of entertainment books from Dresden Files to Revelation Space, and an occasional romance novel.
* Army Surplus Combat Knife
* Tent, Bedroll, Canteen, Little Dried Food
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Name: Joseph Arturo Phd.
Personality: Joseph can often come off as quite bitter, but that merely stems from his view of the world and the people in it. That having been said he can be quite caring about those he actually has feelings for and has a large amount of wit which he never fails to use on others. He was, before the zombie outbreak, one of the most liked professors at his college due to his ability to keep a group entertained.
Bio:

Before the outbreak Joseph had led a relatively normal life. He was born and raised in a small town, where he remained up until graduating High School. At which point he entered college and majored in history. It was during his junior year that he joined a study abroad program and truly began to stand out from the hundreds of other history majors in his classes.

By the end of his initial college years Joseph, with the help of several professors and advisers, had achieved a double major of History and Literature with a minor in Philosophy. As soon as he graduated he went on to continue his studies. This time choosing to enroll in a college in the United Kingdom. After several more years he returned to the United States with a Masters degree in Philosophy, a Masters in English Literature, and a Phd in History.

His primary goal now was to give back, and soon enough he was, as a professor at UCLA, enjoying the sun, the beach, and those few students with a true 'spark'  who came along every so often and made him remember why he had begun teaching in the first place.

When the outbreak first hit Joseph had been part of a lecture tour taking place at several colleges around the United States. As such he was in Boston, he and his colleges had all volunteered to join the program that was being run by a collaboration of their respective Universities.  The stated reason for the lecture tour was to offer their best and brightest educators' knowledge to others around the United States. But all the lecturer's knew that it was really just meant to show off and hopefully attract more students.

In any event the tour never took off, on the day of the first scheduled stop the first news of the events taking place in Rockford hit. And in the weeks and months that followed no one seemed to be much interested in higher learning. Joseph had joined the caravan early and had been a part of it until now.

Previous Occupation: Professor of World History, and Dramatic Acting at The University of California L.A. branch
Skills:
Joseph knows how to read and write in several languages, he is very good at 'reading' people and getting into their heads to try and see what makes them tick. He knows how to use a gun, as well as a bow and arrow, and even a fencing sword as a result of his many years in collegiate sports programs in the UK(though his skills with some of these items have withered with time). He also is a quite capable actor, story teller, and persuasive speaker. Never married, Joseph knows how to cook, clean, and do everything else that a single man would need to do for himself.
Belongings: Joseph has his Black Pt Cruiser which he used to drive along in the caravan. He also has several large gas-cans full of fuel in the back of his vehicle. He has about two days worth of extra clothing, a weeks worth(at two meals a day) of military style ration packages which he took from a military surplus store, a 9mm pistol, and a hatchet. A small MP3 player and assorted accessories for it such as a car charger and headphones, and several bottles of scotch, bourbon, and wine in the car, which he uses to keep his flask filled and his blood suitably alcoholic.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Alright, sadly I'd say the game is about filled up so the casting/application/what ever you want to call it portion is done and I will be locking this thread. Thanks all!

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.