Ater Delectatio~ Dark Pleasures(F characters only, player gender is N/A)

Started by Ark, October 01, 2009, 05:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ark

This is an all girl's school of magic. Students come and learn how to control their budding abilities and to use them for the good of society. They are sent on missions that the school takes on practice what they've learned as well as to develope relationships between other magic users and to nurture the overall relationship between adepts and non adepts. But, that's only part of the school's goal. In this school, Ater Delectatio, girls are taught how to use their magic by using it for sex. Manipulating their lover's body to suit their pleasures, using magic to drive their lover over the edge. The applications are endless. Your imagination and your ons/offs are the limit.

There is a class system, as well as a heirarchy. Those are mostly just ideas in my head right now and I would like some people to help me develope those. If anyone is interested, pm me or post here! Thanks!
On's/Off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=41110.0

The angel screams, and the devil may cry.

Ark

This is all in the making. I don't even have a specific time setting or anything. I want some help with that. I don't want to come up with all this on my own. I want others to have a say in what this world becomes, so anyone willing to add their ideas is greatly welcome!

Decrepitdan

I'm interested, would you be interested in making this steam punk? Modern would work well also.

Ark

Quote from: Decrepitdan on October 01, 2009, 06:45:33 PM
I'm interested, would you be interested in making this steam punk? Modern would work well also.
Hmm... Magic and steampunk... Sounds very interesting. I've never done that but it sounds fun! Haha! Modern would also be fun. But, I like the idea of like a technological, Victorian setting. Perhaps their technology is based on magic?

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Xanatos

No offense to the steampunk love, but this idea does not have a very steampunk feel to it. I like this idea but not sure if I could play in steampunk. The Victorian age is also very strict, a school such as this would not be allowed.

I do acknowledge the world can be done with as the story teller wishes, so my above point could easily be moot, but if one takes away the strict feeling of the Victorian age, then its not Victorian style is it; as Queen Victoria strict laws on moral conduct is one of the major defining aspects of the period.

This idea screams more traditional fantasy. Doesn't necessarily need creatures like elves or dragons, could be an all human fantasy world, but it certainly could fit with other beings around. Perhaps if other beings are around, the school could accept elves, half elves, and other female creatures perhaps.

Muse

I have to concur with Xanatos here.  Such a school in a Victorian setting would be quite odd indeed.  On the other hand, Victorian underground erotic novels were quite brilliant.  Extrimisim creates backlash. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Senti

I love the Victorian era, though it appeared strict it was as debauched as any other period in history.

The suffragette movement was already starting, slowly yes but it was in place.

Yes wives were sent to Bedlam or the like for enjoying the pleasures of a man though prostitutes were not. It is a wonderful time of contradictions.

Hosts would make sure that those who came for a weekend would be placed as close as possible to their lovers in their rooms. Even when riding a mistress would ride on one side a wife would be on the other so no one would embarrass anyone…

Anyway I apologise for my history lesson…

Xanatos

I don't disagree with what you said, however, as I noted its the strict adherence that I refer to. Yes plenty of people let the laws fall to the wayside but plenty did not. A school such as this would not be able to slide, to many people would know of it. One of its major purposes as stated is to learn magic to enhance sexual techniques. I find it hard that such a school could remain hidden for long, especially if this school is quite large. What if the wrong prude of a girl got accepted seeing what was going on and blew the whistle? That would be an all to easy scenario, realistic as well, as it would be impossible for the school to judge which girl was safe and which was not.

Vandren

I'd potentially be interested.  Preferring a more trad. fantasy or urban fantasy setting

Quote from: Xanatos on October 04, 2009, 01:09:23 AM
I do acknowledge the world can be done with as the story teller wishes, so my above point could easily be moot, but if one takes away the strict feeling of the Victorian age, then its not Victorian style is it; as Queen Victoria strict laws on moral conduct is one of the major defining aspects of the period.

Take into account that the Victorian era was also the era of Jack the Ripper (killing London's innumerable prostitutes), work houses, and various Satanic or pseudo-Satanic cults (that regularly performed ritualized rapes, etc.).  The point being, with the right connections, anything can be gotten away with.  Perhaps, for a Victorian setting, the place has patronage from a highly placed member of the court, one who could ensure that any "prude of a girl" was made to appear disreputable, to disappear, or was otherwise dealt with (for instance, being sent off to a mental institution or prison, the latter being used to say "she stole from the school and made up these lies to cover herself" or some such).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Xanatos

From what I understand the police during the Victorian age were wholly ineffectual and rather incompetent, as well as the fact they never gave much credence to many types of crimes, especially one involving a prostitute, so its no wonder someone like Jack the Ripper was able to do so much for so long.

How long would that last though? It could not last for long I would imagine. With something like that continually happening people would notice and make a stir, which would lead to the school being discovered and or the patron from the court. I would assume only rich girls would find their way into this school as anything less would be shunned or heavily looked down upon. This means with constant shaming or disposing of daddies little girl, you can bet those rich families would find out what was going on. Your idea has merit but again, would shortly lead to its discovery. You cannot do such things especially to rich people for long before they figure out whats happening and strike back.

Kittfox

Wow...uh don't want to get caught up in the rather heated discussion on the Victorian Era, but I am interested in the game.  So, I'm in, if you'll have me.
"It all depends on what you believe in, tube socks or rattlesnakes", Howard the Duck on belief in god.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings", Optimus Prime on freedom.

Ons and Offs

Xanatos

I do not believe its heated, unless others do. It looks like a civil debate to me.

Ark

I am thoroughly enjoying this! I apologize for not responding this weekend! My university's internet was down this weekend and I had to figure out how to research without it... *shoots self in the face*

Anywho, this is awesome. I'm not sure who I would side with because both are giving great arguements, and I can't pick a side because I'm not as versed as I need to be in the Victorian era. In fact, I just recently learned what steampunk was. I do have to say, though, that I didn't imagine it in the Victoria, though it would be interesting balancing keeping the school secret as well as taking care of the girls. That could definitely make for a good rp.

Ark

Hmm... I've been thinking about making it fantasy and even adding other races. What does everyone think about that? I'll be honest, the steampunk idea actually sounds more fun. But, the fantasy idea would also be fun, just not in the same way. It wouldn't be as... scandalous. But, as far as setting, I was playing Assassin's Creed today and was toying with the idea of what if it was during the Renaissance? Or even the Crusades? That would bring up a whole lot of other issues. We would probably find ourselves fighting both the Muslims and the Christians in that case. Neither would appreciate us unless we chose a side. Or, if the school was in a certain area, perhaps England, or France during this time, we wouldn't really be struggling with the Muslims. We'd be struggling with the Christians. "Why won't you fight for us? You heathens! You're traitors!" Etc. also, it would bring in the medieval aspect of a fantasy, but it wouldn't be fantasy, per se. What do you guys think?

Eclipsed Northern Star

interesting i think it would be good to do as a fantasy rp setting XD let me know when you get it up ^_^

Ark

Why doesn't everyone who is at least interested pm me so that I can make a list if you want me to notify you when it gets up.

Xanatos

So your planning on placing this in England during the time of the Crusades? Keep in mind, though, this period is not overtly as strict as the Victorian period, the Catholic Religion was almost as strict about sex and sexual mortality. I am not opposed to this, just getting that out.

Now that I think of it, unless this setting is placed in a completely new fantasy setting or placed in a very specific country or the modern world; just about any period in the past will have moral issues with sex. Its an unfortunate truth about much of the old history.

Rome might be a good period, as long as its not placed around the time of Augustus, as he held to strict moral standards. Otherwise Rome was debauched enough to not care about an all girl school devoted to sex and other things.

I am interested, just waiting for a more solid and confirmed idea.

Ark

Quote from: Xanatos on October 05, 2009, 11:30:41 PM
So your planning on placing this in England during the time of the Crusades? Keep in mind, though, this period is not overtly as strict as the Victorian period, the Catholic Religion was almost as strict about sex and sexual mortality. I am not opposed to this, just getting that out.

Now that I think of it, unless this setting is placed in a completely new fantasy setting or placed in a very specific country or the modern world; just about any period in the past will have moral issues with sex. Its an unfortunate truth about much of the old history.

Rome might be a good period, as long as its not placed around the time of Augustus, as he held to strict moral standards. Otherwise Rome was debauched enough to not care about an all girl school devoted to sex and other things.

I am interested, just waiting for a more solid and confirmed idea.
Okay. That's definitely understandable. However, that struggle might be part of the fun. There's always the risk of one of the girls not appreciating the whole thing and escaping. Perhaps we have some people trained to influence her mind from afar? Maybe one of the precautions of joining is these trained people getting to know the girl, so that they have a knowledge and awareness of every girl in the school, if the need arises. Or, perhaps a spell is placed on each girl. If a certain magic word is said around them, they lose all mental capacity except bodily functions. Anything like that. I think those risks during the Victorian Era or the Crusades would make it more fun, or, as I said, more scandalous.

Vandren

Quote from: Xanatos on October 04, 2009, 01:52:12 PMThis means with constant shaming or disposing of daddies little girl, you can bet those rich families would find out what was going on. Your idea has merit but again, would shortly lead to its discovery. You cannot do such things especially to rich people for long before they figure out whats happening and strike back.

Riiiight . . . three words: boys' boarding school.  Check out the history of British boarding schools (and boarding school fiction, something I'm becoming a lot more well acquainted with due to my professional research).  Add to that American college fraternities.  The sort of thing that the proposal includes went on in many British boarding schools and most American university fraternities from at least the 18th century onward, entirely within the upper class, and no one said a word for various reasons.  Only in the late-20th century did a lot of the goings-on disappear or become uncovered.

QuoteSo your planning on placing this in England during the time of the Crusades? Keep in mind, though, this period is not overtly as strict as the Victorian period, the Catholic Religion was almost as strict about sex and sexual mortality. I am not opposed to this, just getting that out.

Sorry, I gotta step in as a medievalist and historian and call "b.s."  The above statements are, sadly, based more on an imagined and cultural myth of historical eras than they are on reality.  Except for the Catholicism one.  Of course, the problem there is that few people really paid much attention to official Church doctrine, especially when more than half the monks and Catholic priests between 1000 C.E. and 1700 C.E. had mistresses, children, grandchildren, and sometimes even wives.  Heck, most of the popes of the era had children and grandchildren.  Most of the literature from before 1700 is also chock full of sex--check out Chaucer, Marie de France, Shakespeare, Webster, and innumerable others.   (Another topic I've become well acquainted with due to professional research, re: monstrosity, witchcraft, and such.)

Basic point: there's a big difference between the preaching and the practice.

I'll add that most "strict" time periods re: sex are post-Christian conversion.  For example, Corinth in ancient Greece was a city whose patron deity was Aphrodite, the city was well known for its temple-prostitutes.  Ancient Egyptian religion was completely based on the idea that one could achieve enlightenment and holiness as easily in the bedroom as in the temple (hell, the world was created through an act of divine masturbation according to Egyptian mythology).

Most historical eras, at least in Western history, were considerably more open and accepting of sexuality than modern America is.  Sadly, modern Americans are a lot more sexually repressed than our ancestors, but we've revised our study of history at the pre-college level to say the opposite, mostly to appease conservative school boards and pundits.  Unfortunately, I think I tossed the academic publisher catalog I got the other day that had 10-20 texts on medieval and pre-medieval sexuality in it or I'd provide a list.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Xanatos

With respect, I think your forgetting any country writes history to their liking, including individual authors, so your information is actually no more true than mine; America is not the only country that does this, if anything we are only following a trend started ages past.

I never said sexual amorality was not around even during the strict periods, but it was squashed and rare; fear is a powerful deterrent, no can deny the power fear has over the masses. I also know full well that post Catholothism and before that Christianity, societies were highly hedonistic. I know this quite well, one reason I mentioned Rome; poster boys/girls of hedonism.

In regards to the boarding schools, I never said they did not exist, but when people go missing someone always says something, and many times they do come to light, its a simple fact. Yes, they do not always come to be exposed to the light, that is true too. But to say I am flat wrong is also not true. Be ware of popularized history, as I noted in the above, not just nations blur the truth, many authors do as well. Its called popularized media, its not a trend America started, I can guarantee you that.

History is something no one, no matter how real they believe it is, can be certain of with 100% accuracy. Especially concerning time periods where writing can be mis-translated and or incomplete; which means this basically includes times even back to the early 1800's, as English let alone other languages was much different than it is today; which inevitably leads to misinterpretation. None of this even includes malicious intentional changing of history to suit a country or individuals needs.

So, with me basically throwing my own arguments into the grinder as well, its basically up to Ark to do as he likes. Thats basically what this was about from the get go, we just provided the ideas.

And Ark, I was not out to debate your idea further, your correct it does add drama and the like, I merely meant to give information which I was not sure if you knew or not.

Also I like the ideas of putting spells on the girls and some such to control them, that would actually be an effective means of control I had not considered, forgetting all about magic actually -chuckles-.

Ark

Man. This is a pretty good debate. Didn't expect to start such a debate. Haha!

So, Xanatos, I'd actually probably have to agree with you. As well as with you, Vandren. My whole point is that one of the parts that will make this rp, as well as this story in general, is that this school will be taboo. I know that there are many risks in getting caught. But, they're using magic. That's taboo as it is. So, as far as missions go, perhaps they're not given by the government. But, that's something to be decided later. This school is a taboo school in every aspect, magic as well as sex, and they're always struggling with trying not to be caught. It's probably not as realistic as you'd like, but hey, they're using magic. It's not realistic anyway. One of the ideas that I had was that the school almost gets caught and pretty much up and disappears. All the girls are willing to completely leave their families behind, pretty much everyone is in agreement with going into hiding. And, with their magic, that's not impossible. There's an idea. Maybe they already are in hiding? Or, perhaps we could pull off what X-Men did: secret organization under the guise of a school, though the school is genuine at the same time. What are your thoughts on those ideas?

Oh. And, everyone else, please comment on your ideas or your thoughts on the ideas or arguements presented. I'm looking for, as i saw in another post here, co-creators. Not people along for the ride.

Vandren

Quote from: Xanatos on October 06, 2009, 02:14:51 PMWith respect, I think your forgetting any country writes history to their liking, including individual authors, so your information is actually no more true than mine

Actually, I'm forgetting nothing (save only some sources I've lost access to).  Individual authors certainly can modify things.  Which is why we cross-reference and look at scores or hundreds of authors, and thousands of records.  That body of evidence supports my position and disproves the other.

Quotebut it was squashed and rare

See evidence PM-ed over, since it would otherwise clutter up the thread.  The rarity part here has been repeatedly disproven over the last three or four decades.

QuoteBut to say I am flat wrong is also not true. Be ware of popularized history, as I noted in the above, not just nations blur the truth, many authors do as well. Its called popularized media, its not a trend America started, I can guarantee you that.

Who said anything about popularized history?  I'm talking legal cases and personal experience.

QuoteHistory is something no one, no matter how real they believe it is, can be certain of with 100% accuracy.

Well, not exactly true, but that's a story for another thread.

QuoteSo, with me basically throwing my own arguments into the grinder as well, its basically up to Ark to do as he likes. Thats basically what this was about from the get go, we just provided the ideas.

Also I like the ideas of putting spells on the girls and some such to control them, that would actually be an effective means of control I had not considered, forgetting all about magic actually -chuckles-.

Full agreement here.  My only contentions regarded the dissemination of erroneous information and arguments based on said info (a hazardous instinct of being an educator).

Quote from: ArkAll the girls are willing to completely leave their families behind, pretty much everyone is in agreement with going into hiding. And, with their magic, that's not impossible. There's an idea. Maybe they already are in hiding? Or, perhaps we could pull off what X-Men did: secret organization under the guise of a school, though the school is genuine at the same time. What are your thoughts on those ideas?

These definitely seem plausible, not that anything needs to be 100% plausible or even 50% for that matter.  Heck, an explanation of why the place hasn't been shut down (for Victorian, for instance) isn't even really necessary for the story.  The important part is that the owner/creator of the place has ensured that it won't be or hasn't been, no one but the owner/creator of the school needs to know exactly what (s)he has done for that insurance.

Xanatos

That idea sounds very interesting Ark.

Vandren, I still wholly disagree with your arguments, but this debate need not continue. Its not truly relevant to the story anyways. It was interesting though.

Ark could you elaborate on missions? Not sure what your implying beyond just what mission means. Are we going to seduce people? Kill them? Try and garner resources?

I think the already in hiding idea would be best. Using the X-men idea just is a bit unbelievable. The movies showed how easy it was for the base to be spotted/discovered, surprised it hadn't been before hand... but not overly important. I think just going underground and honest to god hiding would be best.

Oh do you have any types of magic already thought out? I can already guess at a few. Sexual oriented, concealment, immobilization, and behavior control. Those are rather broad, and thats what I am wondering about. To use D&D as an easy basic example, magic schools like Abjuration, Conjuration, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy, Universal, Transmutation, Divination.

Ark

As far as magic goes, well, that's under speculation. There are the basic spells, basic elements. There's definitely magic beyond the elements, such as the sexual magic and kinetic magic. But, anything beyond that has yet to be decided on.