[NC][Seeking More Players Who Want an In-Depth Game!] Burden City

Started by Lady Reign, September 28, 2010, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Reign

If I could, those of you playing criminals, have the specialties that your characters involves themselves in. I should have added it to the CS but, well, I can't always be perfect!

Ashen Phoenix

O/O

Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions.

Lady Reign

AngelsDemonsCode

Hey!

Is it alright if I send both my Criminal and Victim profiles? Because I, swear to God, can do both characters. If not, I'll keep my character but use the other profile as an NPC perhaps?

Lady Reign

Go ahead and send them both. I am going to allow people to play more than one.

Clio

I'm considering this game. I usually like to play victims, but I could send in a criminal lord application to give you more options. I think that could be really fun. And if I'm into a RP, I can be VERY dedicated.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Lady Reign

I look forward to the Crime Lord Application then. Feel free to make both.

AngelsDemonsCode

Act I. The Profile

Birth Name: Luca Roderich Von Germanotta.

Name: Luca Ludwig.

Alias: Gentleman Thief.

Age: 27-years-old (current) and 29 to 34-years-old (apparent).

Sex: Male.

Orientation: Heterosexual.

Profession: Accountant.

Role: Criminal.

Specialty: Robbery and assault.

Alignment: Crime Lord. Though he isn't afraid to be 'loyal' to anyone else if someone gives a pretty penny to him or if Margaret Asher is somehow involved in it.

Act II. The Diagnostics

Height: 6 feet and 7 inches.

Weight: 212 pounds.

Hair: Originally blond, he dyed his hair midnight black for 'personal reasons'. It's cut short in a professional, neat manner and is slicked back with hair gel.

Eyes: Bright green with some tinges of brown in them.

Skin: Pale, having a shade of gray in it perhaps.

Birth Mark: None.

Tattoos: A tattoo with a heart that has been pierced with a dagger that is located on his right bicep. It has his initials with it along with Margaret's initials detailed into it.

Distinguishable Mark/Scar: Several scars, long and short, and healed gunshot wounds on his arms, legs and abdomen from the countless knife fights and gunfights he got into.

Act III. The Dossier

Likes: He likes his job and getting paid for said job (naturally), taking pleasure in what he does best - robbing someone or hurting them for whatever reason he was hired for. Luca also has a soft spot for fast things. Fast cars, fast pay, fast sex, fast jobs and fast getaways...

Luca also loves excitement and fun the most of all, taking joys of the rush and adrenaline that goes through him whenever he does something like partying, gambling, drinking, smoking, doing drugs or having sex. He's still trying to find a way to do it all at once but it's still a pie in the sky for him. But that's okay, since he also likes being challenged and having to think quick on his feet to stay ahead of the others. He loves recognition from others as well.

His biggest like, however, is his current lover. Whether he's simply at her flower shop or having sex with her, he's happy to be with her doing whatever she wants to do. He'll be happier if it involved them naked somehow, but he won't complain.

Dislikes: A task he was set to do going wrong one way or another, which results him in losing pay (another big dislike of his) or has his reputation undermined. He hates restrictions and being told he can't do this or that in something he has done many times. People trying to fleece or one up him gets him in a twist as well. People underestimating him one way or another or expect too much from him and demand his attention. Anyone disrespecting him or Margaret better be up for a world of hurt.

Attitude: Luca looks out for himself no matter what. If it helps him somehow one way or another, he'll do it and he won't blink if you'll get hurt. To him, you're just collateral damage in part of his job. He looks out for himself and doesn't give a hoot for anyone else and, if he does, he's most likely looking for something out of it. He's happy to switch sides when the occasion calls for it.

While he's loyal and passionate about his work, he doesn't work well with others and isn't afraid to be snarky or rude to others he's working with if he feels like they're holding him down or doing something wrong. He is also intelligent, calm and suave if he wants to be. A spinner of tales and twister of words, Luca is the man with a golden tongue and he isn't afraid to use it to his advantage.

If he loves or cares for something, he'll fight or defend it to the bitter end and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty while doing so. That is one of his few redeeming qualities besides that fact that he does have a set of standards (won't kill, rape, doesn't do kids period) that he actually stands by on.

Habit/Twitch: Smokes his entire pack of cigarettes if he's stressed and casually chews on it when he's lying. Sets his jaw when angered or pressured as well.

Quote: “I hate this "crime doesn't pay" stuff. Crime in the United States is perhaps one of the biggest businesses in the world today.”

Weapons:

Guns:

Beretta M9 (Carrie three magazines, 10 rounds each. Carries it with him on a shoulder holster.)

Remington 870 shotgun (3 slugs per feed. Doesn't use it and instead leaves it in Margaret's place for her own use.)

Hand held:

Taser (Doesn't use it but keeps it in Margaret's place for her own use.)

Garrote in his fake watch (Wears it on right his wrist.)

Chemicals:

Chloroform (Keeps it in a small bottle that he keeps it in his pouch that's attached to his belt.)

Pepper spray (In a canister and doesn't use it but keeps it in Margaret's place for her own use.)

History: Luca was born in a peaceful and tranquil little town in Europe to a perfectly normal family of seven in the year 1983. Frankly, he found it all dull and boring the moment he could realize that. He craved for attention, infamy, danger, excitement and money as long as he could remember. Realizing that he'll never get it from where he lived, he ran away at the age of 15-years-old and smuggled himself to America, Land of Dreams, in 1998.

For three years, he stayed with a group but eventually drifted away from them when he didn't want to share in his profits with them. He moved from small town to small town committing small and petty crimes, B&E, assault, mugging, carjacking, in hopes of finding that 'thing' he was good at. He found it in 2003 in the form of robbing and attacking others. He then set to find a place where his 'work' would be appreciated.

He spent a total of eight months in jail for several small crimes but was never caught for the several other crimes he had done or the other big ones...

Lucas moved to Burden City in 2005 when hearing of the crime rates and realized that was home. He took the job as an accountant as a cover and likes his job. More money to take without anyone knowing in the sly. He was known when he first came to the city for his arrogant and proud behavior but also his dedication and effort into his jobs so he was grudgingly accepted to the circle. In 2007, when he was 24-years-old, he met Margaret Asher and fell in love with her. She returned his feelings but was wary of him during their early courtship.

When he learned of her gangrape, he decided to prove his love and loyalty to her by tracking four of the five rapists, attacked them, robbed them of their money to buy Margaret something nice and made sure they never told anyone what happened (no, he didn't murder them. He has standards.). The two are currently still dating, with Margaret knowing of his other job other than an accountant but doesn't say anything about it.

He is still in Burden City, feeling quite at home with all the chaos and excitement that's there and plans to never leave if he can. Luca's known in the criminal world for doing the conning, lying and swindling. As well as having a 'morality pet' - Margaret. He has made it clear though with the attack on her rapists that he won't tolerate anyone touching a hair on her head at all. His calling card after doing a job is leaving cigarette, new and untouched without his fingerprint or any proof of him on it, on top of a piece of paper with the picture of a red fox wearing a suit and top hat bowing to the viewer. The fox is Reynard, a trickster in German folklore.

Lady Reign

Accepted Criminal on the terms that I don't want to find that he walks around strapped to the teeth with all his weaponry. Just use a small combination of it unless there is some sort of huge debacle going on, like a shoot out or something. I don't want him randomly pulling out his little armory, alright? This game isn't about fighting, its about outsmarting people, manipulation, instilling fear, and being the best at what you do.

Aiden

I would like to play the Crime lord, I'll put a sheet up for consideration a little later today.
Making a face claim

Lady Reign

AngelsDemonsCode

Quote from: Lady Reign on October 01, 2010, 10:02:13 AM
Accepted Criminal on the terms that I don't want to find that he walks around strapped to the teeth with all his weaponry. Just use a small combination of it unless there is some sort of huge debacle going on, like a shoot out or something. I don't want him randomly pulling out his little armory, alright? This game isn't about fighting, its about outsmarting people, manipulation, instilling fear, and being the best at what you do.

He won't, promise. I'm just going to edit it a bit more and delete some of the weapons since it'll be a hard for me to remember them all.

Le Immortelle

Ah, if we're allowed two chars, I would like to put up a criminal application as well. I'll get it up soon.

Lady Reign

Note there is only room for one more criminal, the rest will have to be either cops or victims.

AngelsDemonsCode

Act I. The Profile

Birth Name: Margaret Veronica Asher.

Name: Margaret Asher.

Alias: None.

Sex: Female.

Orientation: Heterosexual.

Profession: Flower shop owner of Burden's Blooms.

Role: Victim.

Alignment: Neutral but is willing to do anything for Luca.

Act II. The Diagnostics

Height: 5 feet and 8 inches

Weight: 139 pounds.

Hair: Dark chocolate brown, it reaches her back and is in a curly, wavy fashion that are set in lazy curls framing her face.

Eyes: Bright blue.

Skin: Tanned with a rosy complexion in it.

Birth Mark: A half moon crescent, the size of her thumbnail, on the right side of her neck.

Tattoos: None.

Distinguishable Mark/Scar: None.

Act III. The Dossier

Likes: Quiet and tranquility in general, Margaret enjoys simple things like reading, flower arrangement or simply watching Jeopardy! or Wheel of Fortune after a hard day at work while sitting in her bed. Loves to work in her flower shop or helping others out in the flower shop. She also likes having little contact with strangers and, if she needs to talk to them, have the conversation be quick and painless without any attempts for them to know each other.

She likes simple, pretty things like polished stones and flowers (especially flowers) or books with pictures in them. This includes situations or jobs she has to do, liking it to be done quick and possible and have it over with. She especially likes her boyfriend, Luca Ludwig, and the time they spend whenever they get together. Whether it's a casual conversation or a date or in something a bit more intimate, she loves being with him and the time they spend with one another.

Dislikes: Being touched or held by others (especially men she doesn't know or doesn't have a reason to trust) she doesn't know is one of the things that will set her off. People attempting to push her around, invade her privacy or harass her as well. Being questioned of her honor or loyalty to the others. Being forced to do something she doesn't like is also a dislike, along with noise and sounds that breaks her concentration. Somebody who is trying to harm Luca or anything like that.

Margret hates anyone poking into her past and finding out about her 'incident' and trying to use it against her, as well as lying people, excluding Luca with his other job and all. She doesn't like long, drawn out conversations over something that can be over with if you just simply ask, or a situation made needlessly complicated for petty reasons. Hates attention or notice being showered on her in public, feeling vulnerable whenever that happens with people staring at her and judging her.

Attitude: Margaret is quiet and shy, a bashful recluse that likes to be with flowers more than people. Though once cheerful and upbeat, she drawn into herself and rather stay that way due to the incident when she first came here to Burden City. She is passive aggressive and is even a little bit bitter and dark if she is in a bad mood. She attempts to be independent, devoted and dedicated to her only job in Burden City to keep herself afloat and not wanting to leech off on Luca in any way. She takes pains to be perfect in whatever she does, forever meticulous and critical of her hard work and profit.

She is paranoid of strangers and men, questioning their motives if they attempt to talk to her or anything like that. She is easily stressed by things and a bit emotional if pushed too far. Though kind and willing to show it, that's all she is going to do with a stranger if they need her help and she feels like she has no choice but to help them due to obligation and not concern. She'll aid them, help them up and send them on their way, hoping they'll never bother her again due to her distrust.

Margaret still believes in the best of people, deep down in that shell she put up. She is willing to give them, those who she cares and loves, a second chance if they mess up. If they mess that second chance, however, she'll cut all connection with them and block them from her life thinking that it's for the better. She's also a bit... off. Fragile and jittery time to time due to her anxieties.

Habit/Twitch: Twirls and nibbles on a lock of her hair when lying or nervous. Nibbles on her lower lip when depressed or pressured. Wears a fresh flower in her hair everyday.

Quote: "Between love and lies, I would rather go for mixture of both."

Weapons:

Guns:

Remington 870 shotgun (3 slugs per feed. It Luca's but he leaves it in her place for her own personal use. Keeps this locked in her closet and never uses it.)

Hand held:

Taser (Keeps it in her bedroom and belongs to Luca but he gave it to her.)

Chemicals:

Pepper spray (Keeps it in her bedroom and it belongs to Luca but he gave it to her.)

History: Was born in Vermont in 1986, she was raised in a peaceful and idyllic childhood with her parents. Until she got restless of her life when she was 18-years-old and just finished high school, wishing to be something more than the pastor's daughter in her hometown. Deciding that she'll move out and go somewhere else for hopes of something else, she took all her money and moved to Burden City on a whim, ignorant of the crime rates until she actually got there.

Just simply thinking it as another challenge or obstacle to overcome, Margaret brushed it off in her naive belief that nothing will happen to her and set up her flower shop, Burden's Blooms, when she was only 20-years-old. However, in just a few months, it was later broken in by a group of men when she was closing. They robbed and gang raped her. She attempted to press charges but a crooked cop, paid by one of the rapists, had the case thrown out by destroying a large majority of the evidence. Fearing for her life now, she started to keep to herself now.

She met Luca Ludwig, a accountant who lived longer in Burden City, a year later and grew to like him, but was soon hesitant when she found out about his 'other job' besides being an accountant. When she learned that he tracked down four of the five rapists to get revenge for her, she couldn't help but feel awed by him. She also felt safe when she learned of it, since he was willing to do anything for her and she would do the same for him as well.

Margaret is still in Burden City to this day, running the flower shop and is still dating Luca (with serious thoughts of a more committed relationship with him and all) even with the knowledge of his criminal status. She doesn't say anything about it, though she disapproves of his other job. All she just hopes he'll be fine whenever he has to go out to do an errand. She is known in the criminal community as Luca's 'morality pet' and there hasn't been any hits on her in retaliation against Luca's actions. Yet.

Lady Reign

Another job well done, Angels.

Also, the front page has been updated: I added links to all the character profiles submitted and accepted so far for quick reference. As I plan to begin this soon enough once I decide on the Crime Lord on Saturday or Sunday, you may want to start collaboration with other players. The beginning of the game has a very large chance of opening with some sort of crime. Perhaps a robbery of either the cafe Kale Hastings works [Angel Eros] or Burden's Flowers [AngelsDemonsCode].

AngelsDemonsCode

Thank you very much. But my profile pales compares to yours Lady.  :-)

Oh, so that's why the names are blue. I simply thought it was in blue because every other important part of text was blue. >_>

That's a good idea. Maybe we can open it at the cafe instead of the flower shop, since it'll be more likely to be robbed with a steady line of people and all thus meaning more money. I can't wait to see who the Crime Lord will be!

Lady Reign

Yeah I was leaning more towards the cafe as well so it'll bring Claire to her brother, with some other characters there so we can get some auto interaction going. I do highly suggest that some characters know each other before the story begins, but not everyone has to know someone. Character and story line development is our main goal here. Meeting people is a key element to that.

AngelsDemonsCode

I like the suggestion of the cafe, since Claire will be the focus of the story as the main character with her goal and archnemesis target to bring down crime, the Crime Lord. I don't mind the flower shop not getting a mention yet, since it'll be a bit too early in the game for that. That, and I'm still looking for a good picture.

The suggestion that some of our characters knowing the others is brilliant so we don't have to go through the whole 'this is ____ and _____' thing and take up time from the story and character development. Maybe the criminals know each other/heard the others' reputation and so forth? The detectives and cops have dealt with them before? Who knows, with so many possibilities out there in the open.

Can't wait to see who the Crime Lord will be. You have three applications (one still pending), correct?

Suiko

In regard to characters knowing eachother before the narrative starts, my character Kale attends university, so it would be plausible for other characters (both victims and criminals) to also be attending the same one. That way they could already be friends or enemies, etc... Obviously this won't be able to be applied to everyone, but it's just an option for future characters.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Did someone say Dragon's Dogma 2? -

Lady Reign

While I appreciate the thought of Claire being the center of attention, she is merely the anchor in order to get everyone involved. I never make games solely around my character even if she was the inspiration for the entire gig. It is most likely going to focus more so around the Crime Lord and the criminals.

And yes, some of the cops (if I don't get more, I'll have to NPC them so tell your friends about Burden) will know some of the criminals if they have been to court, jail/prison, and/or are in the system. As for criminals knowing each other, that's up to them and the one that makes it as Crime Lord.

And yes, I have gotten two applications so far via PM.

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Aiden

Lady Reign

As I have received some very good profiles, I am going to review them all for the Crime Lord position now. If I happen to make a decision tonight it will be posted, if not, one will be made tomorrow.