OC Wrestling Federation

Started by Primarch, May 13, 2014, 06:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxy DeVille

Wow. That is a lot of heels. Gonna just be two farm kids defending the name of fair play and good sportsmanship.

DemonessOfDeathValley

I've actually got a female and male face created. BUT....I only want to be responsible for playing two characters.

So, opinion. Male or female?

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Primarch

Quote from: Foxy Oni on May 16, 2014, 06:29:32 PM
Wow. That is a lot of heels. Gonna just be two farm kids defending the name of fair play and good sportsmanship.

I do believe we need to start declining heels at this point. So anyone making a character.......faces please!

Quote from: DemonessOfDeathValley on May 16, 2014, 06:31:59 PM
I've actually got a female and male face created. BUT....I only want to be responsible for playing two characters.

So, opinion. Male or female?

Based on whats posted to the roster we have slightly more men than women. So female could work. But you've already got a female in the game, so you could take a male for variation. Could do a non-wrestler too. Up to you really.

Countdown0

Well, I'm on making a face wrestler now. That way I have a bad guy and a good guy :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Strangefate

I've been thinking of making a couple characters when I get the free time, maybe later tonight.  I know I want to make a masked or face paint-y high-flyer face type.  For the other, I was either going to make a lady face wrestler or a strong style male face.  Haven't really decided.  Depends on how things are evening up.  If I go with the two guys, maybe I'll make them some kind of tag team, but they'd also play singles.

That said, I feel like writing commentary would be fun too, but I don't really want to play a commenter as a full time character.  Are there going to be NPCs?  I'm thinking jobbers in particular.  I wouldn't mind slapping a few jobber-types together or running them for others when needed but I don't know as I'd necessarily want to play them full time.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

caelcormac

So I have my commentator 99% written up, but I see that we are heel heavy and are looking for faces. As written, he's a weasely Bobby Heenan type, but I can change him to a face without to much trouble. He just needs a change of attitude.

I'm also looking to make a face wrestler, but I'm not sure what yet. Leaning towards a masked luchador type high-flyer.

Countdown0

Alright, here's a Face type of guy. He's arrogant enough to firmly believe that he's better than anyone else, but also arrogant enough that he wants to prove it. He loves to put on the show too.

Played by: Countdown0
Stage Name: Ian Carver (usually just revered to as 'Carver')
Sex: Male
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 248 lbs
Hometown: Detroit, Michigan
Alignment: Face

Gimmick: Ian Carver has wrestled all over the world, with some of the best in the industry today. He's always preferred to go it alone, and has his mind set on being the champion. But now that he's signed on with CWF... actually, that hasn't changed a damn bit. Ian wants to put on a show. He wants to get the crowd up and roaring, getting them to chant "holy shit" or "this is awesome", to change the game and take things to another level. While he's one of the most technically sound wrestlers in the world, Carver like's to get creative, changing up his strategy to keep opponents guessing. Its a whirlwind of him doing whatever makes sense in his own mind. That constant but controlled change leaves even Carver guessing what it is he's going to do next. Maybe he's nuts, maybe he's brilliant, or maybe he just does things and the chips fall where they may. One thing is certain though. You don't want to miss it. Win or lose, its one hell of a show.

Style: Technical/Hybrid (some straight up brawling mixed in with the established, practiced techniques)

Signature Move(s):

Release German Suplex
Spear (through/into objects if available)
Swinging Neckbreaker
Superplex To The Outside (except Carver always does it from the top rope)
Burning Hammer

Trademark Taunt:

Not During Match: "You've got the dirt, then the ground, then there's YOU. Then you go up and there's clouds. Then there's stars. Then you go further, and that's my level. You wanna beat me? Get on my level!" (the last part "get on my level" is often chanted by fans as Carver says it)

During Match: Points up to the sky (read: his level)

Theme Music: Calm Like A Bomb - Rage Against The Machine

Attributes:

Durability: 9/10
Strength: 8/10
Technique: 10/10
Submission: 4/10
Speed/Aerial: 8/10
Stamina: 8/10
Charisma: 10/10
Hardcore: 8/10
Overall: 65/80

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Primarch

Quote from: Strangefate on May 16, 2014, 06:48:24 PM
That said, I feel like writing commentary would be fun too, but I don't really want to play a commenter as a full time character.  Are there going to be NPCs?  I'm thinking jobbers in particular.  I wouldn't mind slapping a few jobber-types together or running them for others when needed but I don't know as I'd necessarily want to play them full time.

If you would be worried about losing interest I'd recommend not going for it, though a jobber would probably only be needed once in a while. Extra men for a handicap match or something.

Quote from: caelcormac on May 16, 2014, 07:25:11 PM
So I have my commentator 99% written up, but I see that we are heel heavy and are looking for faces. As written, he's a weasely Bobby Heenan type, but I can change him to a face without to much trouble. He just needs a change of attitude.

I'm also looking to make a face wrestler, but I'm not sure what yet. Leaning towards a masked luchador type high-flyer.

Switching the Commentator to a face would be great. Or a Tweener leaning face. Luchador sounds solid too.

Carver can be added to the roster.

Countdown0

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Zeth

My face idea 'Major Victory' a military type gimmick wrestler. Think Sergeant Slaughter but a Face and younger. What stat represents rough neck style of striking and such. Like the Undertaker or JBL?

caelcormac

Played By: caelcormac
Stage Name: Dan "Dozer" Richardson
Sex: Male
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 375 lbs
Hometown: San Francisco, Ca
Alignment: Face
Gimmick: A staple of the tag division for years as half of the Demolition Crew and a former world champion, Dozer had a long and storied career before settling down in front of a microphone. He prides himself on his ability to call a match straight down the middle and present the facts as they may, and if he panders a little to please the crowd, well, who could fault him. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of wrestling maneuvers and holds, and often presents his expertise starting with “As a former (Insert Anything Here) Champion” much to the annoyance of his fellow comentators.

He has an irregular interview segment called “Discourse with Dozer”. The ring is dressed with a carpet, some wingback chairs and a little table, and Dozer dresses in a smoking jacket and pretends to smoke a comically elaborate pipe. Interviewees range from up and comers, current champions, number one contenders, and even Mr. Crane himself on a couple of memorable occasions. Discourse with Dozer is famous for never having all the same furniture from one show to the next as something, if not everything, is always destroyed by the end of the show.

Style: Classic, Power
Signature Moves: Bulldozer Spear (Spear into corner turnbuckle), Boston Crab, Fisherman’s Suplex
Trademark Taunt: “As a former (Insert Anything Here) Champion…”
Theme Music:  TNT – AC/DC
Attributes
Durability: 5/10
Strength:6/10
Technique: 6/10
Submission: 4/10
Speed/Aerial: 4/10
Stamina: 6/10
Charisma: 8/10
Hardcore: 5/10
Overall: 43

Primarch

Quote from: Zeth on May 16, 2014, 11:31:26 PM
My face idea 'Major Victory' a military type gimmick wrestler. Think Sergeant Slaughter but a Face and younger. What stat represents rough neck style of striking and such. Like the Undertaker or JBL?

Sounds good.

Dozer looks solid. Put him in the Roster.

Current character breakdown:
We currently have 3 males for the Irish/British 'Invasion Force,' they are all Heels. We have no females.
The US/CWF faction have 4 males (2 faces & 2 tweeners, one of which is leaning heel). The US faction have 3 women (1 face & 2 tweeners, one of which is leaning heel).

So if we could get one more male wrestler for the Invasion Force (possibly a Face or Tweener leaning Face) & some women it would be great. I think we can start quite soon regardless.

DemonessOfDeathValley

I will get my second character bio up later today. Unfortunately real life will have the majority of my attention today.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Edited to remove second character as I have bowed out.

Primarch

DemonessOfDeathValley

Thank you very much, should I add her to the roster?

Primarch

Yep.

On that note I'm going to stop accepting females from the US. We need women for the 'invasion,' unless we have defectors. Otherwise we need a different plot for the women.

Kadigan

I'd talked to Zeth about coming in as a manger/side kick type. With the no more US Females rule, looks like I'll be bowing out. 

Primarch

Its more for the wrestlers. A manager is fine.

But we still need women for the UK/Irish faction.

Kadigan

Sorry, perhaps wasn't terribly clear, I was more planning a manager/partner/wrestler role. I'd already started shaping a char. Best of luck.

Primarch

SpiralSpider

Here's some ladies for the invasion. Kind of a cheesy gimmick, but it works. Anyone else can feel free to be a part of the "Brothel" too. Brothel girls could easily end up temporarily as valets on the arm of other heels - particularly those involved in the invasion.

Played by: Spiral Spider
Stage Name: Madame Arabella
Alliance: 1)Brothel, 2)Foreign Invasion
Sex: lots of it! Female
Height: 5'5
Weight: a lady never tells... 119
Hometown: Sydney, Australia
Alignment: Heel
Gimmick: Prostitution is legal in more areas of the world than many people realize. In Eastern Australia, not only is it allowed, legal and encouraged, but organized brothels are permitted. Arabella is the owner of one such pleasure establishment and has decided to take her services on the road. Unfortunately, while prostitution is fine, brothels are not legal in Great Britain, so the Madame took on a certain amount of business fronts over the years. Her girls have been gymnasts, dancers, sideshow freaks and other, less suspicious 'entertainers'. Coming to America made things a little tougher, since the sex trade industry was entirely illegal. Hopping on the infiltrating bandwagon, she brings her 'Brothel' to the federation as capable female wrestlers and only scantly veils their ulterior motives....
Style:  The Madame would prefer to not get her hands dirty directly, but stands a fair shot of being able to take care of herself if necessary. Hybrid -  Guile/Acrobat/Submission
Signature Move(s):

• Camel Clutch Capture
  • Surfboard
  • Summersault Senton
  • "Spanish Fly" Press - particularly erotic Spanish Press Pin maneuver
Trademark Taunt: Stripping (for distraction) or telling others they haven't got enough (money, length, looks) for her or her girls...
Theme Music: Amiel - Meet Me In the Red Room (Brothel General theme)

Attributes

Durability: 5/10
Strength: 4/10
Technique: 7/10
Submission: 8/10
Speed/Aerial: 7/10
Stamina: 7/10
Charisma: 8/10
Hardcore: 5/10
Overall: 51

Stage Name: Olivia Evans A/K/A "Hard End"
Alliance: 1)The Brothel, 2)Foreign Invasion
Sex: Female
Height: 5'7
Weight: 152
Hometown: London, England
Alignment: Tweener, heavily leans towards Heel because of associations.
Gimmick: Olivia loves what she does - both in and out of the ring. She's definitely not the sex worker you'd take pity on and think was being exploited. She was a wrestler since back in high school, fighting her way up into sports that were usually seen as jut for the boys. Her classical roots propelled her onward into weight lifting as a senior and through college. She loves the chance to get in the ring and toss others around. Although she's not the biggest woman in the world, she has a surprising amount of strength. She's definitely the Madam's minion and sees the Brothel as a sort of sisterhood.
Style:  Power
Signature Move(s):

• "Brothel Buster" - Bronco Buster variant, bounces off the ropes at the end to bring her rump down hard on her opponent.
  • Snap Mare
  • Brainbuster
  • Sunset Flip Powerbomb - female opponents only
  • Headbutt to the Groin - male opponents only
Trademark Taunt: Turning to the side and slapping her ass.
Theme Music: Amiel - Meet Me In the Red Room (Brothel General theme)
Attributes

Durability: 9/10
Strength:9/10
Technique: 8/10
Submission: 7/10
Speed/Aerial: 5/10
Stamina: 9/10
Charisma: 4/10
Hardcore: 8/10
Overall: 59

Stage Name: Cookie
Alliance: 1)Herself, 2)The Brothel, 3)The Foreign Invasion
Sex: Female
Height: 5'9
Weight: 157
Hometown: Reading, England
Alignment:  Heel
Gimmick: Cookie is selfish and shrewd and her Madame's got her number only because she knows the right price. She's volatile and constantly looking for a new way to get ahead in life. She'll use whatever means necessary and use others as necessary. However, she's good at what she does and manages to make many people eat out of the palm of her hand because of her skill in manipulation.
Style:  Hybrid - Unorthodox/Hardcore (Does not do well in matches where strict rules are applied)
Signature Move(s):

• Monkey Flip
  • Crotch Bomb
  • Schoolgirl Pin
  • Use of props...
Trademark Taunt:
Theme Music: Amiel - Meet Me In the Red Room (Brothel General theme - for now)

Attributes

Durability: 7/10
Strength: 6/10
Technique: 7/10
Submission: 7/10
Speed/Aerial: 6/10
Stamina: 6/10
Charisma: 9/10
Hardcore: 9/10
Overall: 57

Feel free to take this idea or leave it. Also - the Brothel gimmick doesn't necessarily need to add sexual elements to the story.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Primarch

Well that certainly addresses our lack of Invasion girls problem. If you are sure you want to take on this many, they look fine. I'm sure Victor wouldn't be against having a Valet. Put them in the Roster!

DemonessOfDeathValley

Does the Invasion angle encompass the women's division too? Because I had a bit of a thought, of my Snake Lady and maybe her 'followers' opposing The Brothel.

Primarch

Well the game was certainly shaping up that way, unless we wanted a separate story for the womens title. But I think a general invasion works quite well.