The Genesis Institute OOC and Recuitment Thread

Started by Jaqueline, August 15, 2010, 09:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaqueline

Role Play Thread

The Genesis Institute is where special individuals are contained to further progress the field of science for the benefit of mankind. Our discoveries have shook the world over and continue to unlock Superior technology!

Sounds real nice in the papers, but the place is a prison. Men, women and children are held captive, their DNA used as a plaything for the professors that control the island off the coast of Italy where the Institute is located.

[b]Username:[/b] Your Username
[b]Character Name:[/b] Characters full name.
[b]Code Name:[/b] Given by the Institute, some adopt their code name and use it, others reject it.
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]History:[/b] How did your character end up at The Genesis Institute?
[b]Personality:[/b] Quick overview of your character's psychological profile, likes, dislikes and other somesuch.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Pictures are nice, but not necessary. Even if you have a picture please include information like height and weight.
[b]Powers or abilities:[/b] Try not to go overboard, and specialize only one.
[b]Other:[/b] Any quirks or traits you would like to share?

Post your profiles here if you're joining, until I'm approved I won't be able to move them to this post until I'm approved.
Every story has a happy ending.
But it is not always the hero who is happy in the end.

Sophidian

Hello! I started the RP in the Non-Adult RP forum, and here is my profile:

Username: Sophidian
Character Name: Ivy Davis
Code Name: Opal
History: In high school, she excelled in sports. Rock climbing, volleyball, track and field - she enjoyed them far more than anything else. But one day, when being "recruited" for a travel team, she found herself in a car accident. When she woke up, she was at the Institute, being addressed as Opal...
Personality: Serious, sly, always thinking of ways to get out. She likes the plants that grow outside her room, she likes the rain, and she likes to run. Dislikes include close-minded people, fire, and rubber.
Appearance: Opal has long red hair and freckles all over. Her eyes are narrow and a  mixture of blue and green, rather normal. Her entire coloring seems a bit white-washed otherwise with light eyelashes and pale lips. She's on the tall side, athletic, and has an oval face.
Powers or abilities: Strength - Metal is being added to her bones, trying to make her indestructible.
Other:  Will not eat things that are blue and is rather stubborn
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

Username: Luneandra
Character Name: Norizuka Satouru
Code Name: Amethyst, but she has a dislike for her code name and prefers to go by Zuka.
History: Her parents, a Japanese business man and American woman, had cared for her in Japan for about ten years. They both died in a car crash that she was not present for. Due to her physical condition she couldn't not be sent to a orphanage because they were not equipped to care for her. So they sent her to Genesis.
Personality: Calm, often reserved. She can occasionally become outspoken among friends. She is much more resigned to her imprisonment than most, especially Opal. She tries her best to always think logically and assess a situation before jumping in, but trying and succeeding are two different things.
Appearance: Zuka is exactly four feet tall and extremely thin. She has numerous birth defects that contribute to physical oddities and differences in anatomy than your average human. She almost literally has glass bones and paper skin. Herblood doesn't clot well and her skin breaks easy. Her eyes are red, with dark red pupils instead of black. Her body also does not generate enough heat on it's own and she must always wear a specially made, form fitting black skin suit that covers her arms and legs, leaving only her fingers exposed. It also has a cloak attached, which she is usually seen wrapping around herself, trying to keep warm. She uses a cane to walk, it's small piece of black wood with a silver handle. Despite being nineteen, she is easily mistaken for a four year old.
Powers or abilities: Likely the most powerful telekinetic subject in the Institute, but her physical limitations make her weak, lacking endurance and prone to passing out when strained, and even when not strained.
Other: Loves fruit with a passion, it's her favorite thing to eat. Has a gripping fear of heights.

Jaqueline

Username:Luneandra
Character Name: Ryan Bostic
Code Name: Zircon
History: Ryan showed exetreme signs of Mania at a young age and was committed to an insane asylum. Genesis took him off their hands.
Personality: Insane and hyper. Constantly over excited and bounces off the walls. Usually happy, but completely unpredictable. Most of the time he is labeled unstable and kept in a padded room.
Appearance: Ryan is lean and fit, a bit taller than your average thirteen year old.
Powers or abilities: He is an experiment on flexibility and regenerative cells. He heals much faster than normal.
Other: He's insane. Quirky enough?

Sophidian

Username: Sophidian
Character Name: Kyle Sheppard
Code Name: Pyrite
History: Ever since he broke out of his crib repeatedly as a baby, his parents have been trying to find a place where he'd fit in. Because he knew he was able to control things, he often let his darker nature take over. It wasn't long before he found himself arrested. Upon breaking out of jail, the Institute found him and offered him the chance of a lifetime...
Personality: Kyle tends to be a bit mean, but it's more of a defense. Oftentimes, he snaps at people just because he doesn't think before he speaks. Though he doesn't have many friends, the ones he does manage to keep seem to stick by him.
Appearance: Dirty blond hair, shaggy over his face. It covers the black band he wears over his eyes because it doesn't matter: he can't see. His eyes are the unnatural shade of light blue that comes with the inability to see. Tall, wiry, he seems to be one who hardly eats.
Powers or abilities: Technopathy - Ability to control technology.
Other: Permanently blinded due to injury. If he can't see the technology, he can't control it.

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

I forgot to add age to the profile, mind adding it to your two characters?

Hunter Phoenix

Username: Hunter Phoenix
Character Name: Hunter Phoenix
Code Name: Crimson
History: He was walking the streets late one night, was approached by someone asking for a light, he offered one, next thing he knew, he was waking up in a hospital ward, chained to a bed and had a banging headache.
Personality: Hunter is quite a loud person, normally likes to shout abuse to his captors until they knock him out, he dislikes the institute and tries regularly to break out but so far has been unsuccessful.
Appearance: Hunter is roughly 6ft tall and approximately 15st in wieght, quite musculer, long black hair that reaches down to his shoulders, blue eyes and a beard with a sharp nose.
Powers or abilities: He has the power of inhanced strength but because he mastered that strength shortly after the institute gave him the power, they keep him chained up with increased strangth chains and dose him up with a serum that dulls his strength, almost like a muscle relaxer.
Other: Any quirks or traits you would like to share? He tends to spit a lot when he talks because he normally only talks to the doctors and nurses of the institute, and since he hates them, he likes to drench them in spit.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Jaqueline

Hey Phoenix, glad to have you.
Just one thing about your profile, the Institute people at the Institute are giving people these powers, they aren't born with them. If I get approved and can edit I'll try and make that more clear on the first post.

Feel free to jump in whenever!

Hunter Phoenix

thanks dude, sorry for the slight mess up, will change the profile to show that the institute gave him the power haha

Jaqueline

skyline339

Username: Skyline339
Character Name: Jaiden bornes
Age 19
Code Name: Ghost
History: From a young age, he was always smart, almost too smart. By the time he was in grade 2 he had almost learned the entire Latin language. His parents began to fear him for his knowledge, and soon made an undercover deal with genesis to help him with his mind.
Personality: Jaiden always stays away from everyone, always wanting to learn. He would rather have knowledge than any form of human contact.
Appearance: When he arrived, he looked as though he came straight outta Hollywood, now his brownish blond hair grew out, all ratty and long. The stylish glasses he had, are now broken and well used. He is very skinny now, not eating much, almost withering away.
Powers or abilities: Because of his abnormally large brain, his brain began forming a new power. Matter manipulation, where the world around him is like clay, ready to be molded. He lives in a special cell, one with many psy dampers around, vibrating constantly, never letting his mind focus on anything.
Other: The reason he's called ghost, is whenever he feels threatened or wants to escape, he makes himself go almost 100% transparent. For an eye not looking for him, they will never see it. But wherever he is standing, unless he is perfectly still, what look like heat waves ripple through the hair.

Jaqueline

Heh, man. They broke our stone combo Sophidian!

Skyline, sorry to shoot you down like this, but all powers are genetic mutations created by Genesis...would you mind revising your character to fit this please?

Sophidian

Goodbye, stones!

Could be different levels in the Institute? Maybe all the gemstone-names came around the same time or are treated by the same people.

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

Hmm, same cell blocks? *ahem* I mean, 'wings'.

skyline339

Sorry, let me try this again haha

Username: Skyline339
Character Name: Jaiden bornes
Age 19
Code Name: Ghost
History: From a young age, he was always smart, almost too smart. By the time he was in grade 2 he had almost learned the entire Latin language. His parents began to fear him for his knowledge, and soon made an undercover deal with genesis to help him with his mind.
Personality: Jaiden always stays away from everyone, always wanting to learn. He would rather have knowledge than any form of human contact.
Appearance: When he arrived, he looked as though he came straight outta Hollywood, now his brownish blond hair grew out, all ratty and long. The stylish glasses he had, are now broken and well used. He is very skinny now, not eating much, almost withering away.
Powers or abilities: Because of his abnormally large brain, Genesis began giving him strange implants, increasing the wavelength to a more physical level. Slowly over time, the genetic implants began fusing with his brain, becoming living material, increasing his powers but also increasing vulnerabilities. Matter manipulation, where the world around him is like clay, ready to be molded. He lives in a special cell, one with many psy dampers around, vibrating constantly, never letting his mind focus on anything.
Other: The reason he's called ghost, is whenever he feels threatened or wants to escape, he makes himself go almost 100% transparent. For an eye not looking for him, they will never see it. But wherever he is standing, unless he is perfectly still, what look like heat waves ripple through the hair.

Better?

Sophidian

That works for me!

Now the Cell Block Tango is stuck in my head...

-- Anton Chekhov

Jaqueline

That song sounds familiar...

Looks good Skyline, just make sure not to go overboard with the powers.

skyline339

i can't seem to get the bold thing to work properly for me xD but anyways :D sorry for the first one I shoulda been more specific

Jaqueline

Tis fine.

I don't want things to stagnate too quickly with all of use just loafing about the Institute, I promise to kick some serious plot into gear (*Whistles for Marcus*), so just hang tight and enjoy the time you have not to be driven by story.

FallenFeather

Username: FallenFeather
Character Name: Lynnette Prescott
Code Name: Ivory
History: Lynn was constantly getting in trouble. She had gone to Juvi more times than she could count. She had gotten suspended from every school her parents attempted to enroll her in, and even military school said she was a lost cause. She had been put into different rehab facilities, only to either escape, or be released on "good behavior" which of course was faked. Finally, her family found the Institute and signed her up without a second thought. Her parents are relieved to be hearing that she's doing "well" in the Institute.
Personality: Lynn is a trouble maker by nature. Psychologists believe it's a behavioral disorder, but she refuses to go on medications, claiming she likes the way she is and doesn't want anything to change her. She likes causing people grief and pulling pranks. However, this girl doesn't have a "warm inside" like many others. She doesn't put on a cold attitude towards others, only to be kind and caring inside. No, she will betray the people closest to her if it fits her needs and fancies. In no way can she be called nice.
Appearance: Lynn has model proportions, standing at 5'8" and weighing at only 114lbs. Her legs are long and her waist is thin, with her skin lacking any sort of blemishes, with one exception. On her lower back she has a scar running across one side. It looks like a blade slash mark. Her eyes are a grey-blue, often getting mistaken as a light purple. Her natural hair color is blond, but often times she changes it to suit her fancy.
Powers or abilities: Ivory's senses have been manipulated. She has extreme eyesight, hearing, scent, and touch. She can hear the change in a person's heartbeat a few cells down. She an smell the perspiration on someone down the hall. She can see perfectly well in the dark as well as see a mouse miles away. She can feel the wing-beats of a mosquito that has landed on her arm. The Institute has also manipulated her leg muscles. She can run extremely fast as well as leap far and high.
Other: Lynn loves dark and white chocolate treats of any kind and has fallen for tricks associating these things as a reward.

Starlequin

This sounds pretty cool. Got room for another?

Username: Starlequin
Character Name: Trent Barnett
Code Name: Diamond
History: Trent was born in a small town in the deep Southern US, and raised by his hyper-religious aunt and uncle. His childhood was largely miserable under their strict rules, but he found refuge in music. At first just singing and humming church hymns or little made-up melodies, he later learned to play the guitar from one of the science teachers at his high school. His teacher also imparted a burning curiosity about the natural world and a deep, abiding love of science and reason. After he graduated, he packed a bag and struck out on his own to escape his family's religious fanaticism. Trent discovered rock and roll, joined a band and toured all over the country, playing in dive bars and seedy hole-in-the-walls, occasionally busking for quick cash. He'd just finished a show in Tuscon when a pretty blonde caught his eye and invited him up to her hotel room. The next morning, he woke up with a splitting headache, strapped to a bed with nearly a dozen needles jammed into his arms. And the blonde was nowhere in sight.
Personality: Trent seems to be a pretty relaxed kind of guy, but under the surface he's a very shrewd dude. He's got his own code of ethics, but even he probably couldn't tell you what they are. He knows there are others being kept at the Institute against their will, and if he gets a chance he'll be happy to help them, but he ever gets the chance to escape alone he'll take it without losing any sleep. The guards think he's very laid back and resigned to his captivity, but he's only biding his time...
Appearance: 6'2, 210lbs, broad shouldered with legs like tree trunks, Trent's muscular frame is often intimidating to those meeting him for the first time. His dark brown eyes, almost black shaggy hair, crooked nose and heavily tattooed arms don't do much to soften the image, but he has a voice like an angel. Or a devil, however one wants to look at it.
Powers or Abilities: The Institute cracked Trent's head open and stuffed his brain with implants, allowing him to exhibit control over sound waves. As a result, he can use any instrument--even his voice--to shatter solid objects, generate deafening sonic attacks, even (theoretically) manipulate the brain chemistry of others. His powers are still a little out of control, but he practices and studies them diligently. They'll be quite useful when he makes his escape.
Other: Trent takes solace in playing the guitar his captors let him keep, and in cooking or baking in the cafeteria from time to time. He's a surprisingly good cook.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Jaqueline

Starlequin

Hey, looks like we've had some approvals since I was here last. Congrats, all!
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Jaqueline

Hunter Phoenix

I know i probs shouldnt advertise my own rp in here, but i thought maybe it could interest you all

Ive got an Rp idea up in the request area called "Cybertron Reborn" all are welcome to join it if you like, original characters only, its all in there, it is a Transformers based RP, you create your own character, choosing your faction and alternate form and then drop into the rp whenever :)