Brave New World Small group

Started by DarkAngel111, March 18, 2014, 03:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel111

Hello there Visitor! Since you are here you must be a crazed zombie Apocalypse fan like me. Well you are in luck, I am thinking about starting a very small group game the emphasis here being on small. I intend to keep the game flowing very efficiently and we will only be signing people on who are interested and quick to reply(couple of days per post). I understand real life is important, but when a key player disappears it leaves a small group game dead. Or Undead.  Unlike most Zombie survival games we will not be killing people off at the GM’s whim, unless you have been very naughty or you take on 3+ zombies by yourself! Knifes break, Guns stop working, you can never go wrong with an old Steel Axe though!. Weapons will be rare. Ammunition even more so, our world will be 3+ years into the Apocalypse with no safe heaves offering cures or any signs of hope. This will be the way of life. More of them less of us, so to out-number them, we kill them and make more of us (hope you get my drift? ;) ).

That being said, I do not want you to be fucking like rabbits every chance you get. We are after all surviving. Our game will be based in a country side with fresh water only available through streams or rain. Its 3+ years there is no canned food. Medicine is made by ourselves everything else has expired. Food is either grown or hunted, no bottled water is found, if it is then it’s rare, like out of 100 raids you get 4-5 bottles of water. The only survival camps will be those either made by large groups or one we make ourselves. There is no fuel, fire is lighted by rocks and rubbing wood. Essentially we are in the medieval ages. If you fire a shot, you are expected to pick up the shells so they can be used over.

To start with I will only allow 10 players into the game. We will see how the flow goes, if one of you leaves us, s/he will be killed off in game after a week of no correspondence. If you have mentioned your hiatus to us, we will simply lose you in the wilderness only to find you again when you return. The Goal is survival. Characters will not be demigods who can crush skulls with bare hands or march in like John McClain and kill and entire building full of zombies. There will be a list of weapons available to choose from. Every person will have a back story, and a good reason to go with it, to represent their new self in the undead world.

A Sales man from New Jersey becomes a cold hearted withdrawn killer not because it’s the end of the world, but because he trusted someone in the past and lost his family. (That was an example, I am sure you can come up with better ideas. This was just a taste). Of course we will also need a couple of people who are good at a particular skill set, for example mechanic? Farmer? Hunter? Whatever your skill set is, be sure you do your research before picking it, because we will make full use of these skills.

Now for the Gooey part. Zombies, will be based off the show walking dead. Slow and dumb. But they follow you tirelessly see you and listen to your sounds. Bite turns you no exceptions. But we won’t let that happen because you are in a group! IF you want your character to die so you can make a new one, well, say so, we will find a heroic way for him to die and benefit the group!

The aim I have here is, if this game picks up, and we get a good flow going, we will use the survivors to build up a small town, or a stronghold. And then introduce new characters. Of course like all good things do That too will come to an end. We want Characters here, so Emotions changing with situation are good. We want some people who freak out easily, some people who don’t shudder, and some people who can be the bad guy when the need is there. The leader of the group will be decided IN game. On your skills and your relationship with the other characters, GM does not automatically become a leader. Although I can throw situations that might be hard to handle, too many bad decisions on your part, and you will be sidelined and another person will lead the group.

I hope you are still with me? If you are then what are you waiting for, simply put your interest in, and work on your character sheet!. IF I get more than 10 people interested, pickings will depend on Character Sheets and on your writing style not On who raised their hand first. So just because there are a lot of people showing interest does NOT mean you won’t get picked!

Basic Format to Follow when you make your Survivor!

[b]Name[/b]

[b]Age[/b]: {Current, 3 years into the outbreak}

[b]Profession[/b]: (before the outbreak)

[b]Skills[/b]: {Only 2 skills with efficiency. Rest will be subsidiary to the main skill}

[b]Weapons[/b]: {Melee weapons only, Long range weapons will be decided upon approval.}

[b]Personality[/b]{ 4 or more things of note}

[b]Fears[/b]

[b]History[/b] {Good few Paragraphs, as we do require a little detail on the reason for your character's choices}

List of Available Weapons IN-Game

4 Glock 19, 9mm (15 rounds)
1 .357 Magnum Revolver. (4 rounds)
1 .40 S&W (3 rounds)
1 S&W E-Gold 20Ga Double barreled Shotgun (10 rounds)
2 M4 Carbine Rifles. (54 rounds)
1 AR15 A3 Carbine. (Out of ammo)

Other Weapons:

Bows
Cross bows.
Machetes
Knifes.
Axes.
Spears( self made)

Most melee Weapons are allowed, As long as you don't load your character up with 5 different kinds of weapons.
At most 1-2 melee weapons per Character are allowed. A Character Cannot have a crossbow/bow AND a gun.

Guns are mostly what the group has. Not what each character has. But mostly, Each character will have the gun they are good at. Weaker character will have a Glock 19 for less of a kick.

Guns will be easily found, most of them empty or on walkers. Getting them will be the hard part. Food and medicine is none existent, you either grow it or improvise, during raids the priority is finding ammunition, then canned food, and then Medicine.

Accepted Characters & Game Information

OCC Thread

GnothiSeauton

I'm interested.  Sounds like it could be fun. 
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

DarkAngel111

well I look forward to seeing you :)
Have you thought about the character you would like to play?.

Kadigan

Sounds interesting, but I don't know what skillset I'd go with since, personally, I lack few that would be useful in a Zompocalyse..not sure which I could play well.

DarkAngel111

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on March 18, 2014, 04:27:00 PM
Sounds interesting, but I don't know what skillset I'd go with since, personally, I lack few that would be useful in a Zompocalyse..not sure which I could play well.
you are free to play some one who does not have any. You can always play as some one who only knows how to survive. A weak link in the group?. After all each group has weak links

FetzerDelRayne

Sam Jones was a nerd.  Living in his little studio apartment, playing video games, and Dungeons and Dragons with his friends.  When not glued to a screen he was a part time 'prepper'.  He realistically never thought it'd actually be zombies that ended the world, disease, anarchy, natural disaster, but zombies?  That's just so sci-fi.  Totally unrealistic.  Sam had learned in his time prepping some basic skills in archery, and had even learned how to make bows and arrows with his hands.  He was part of the SCA, Like ren-fair, but more strict on being being, 'period'.  He'd learned how to fight with a sword, even if it was a wooden one.  He went camping with his friends every few months for years, each of them only bringing their doomsday pack, and trying to survive for a three day weekend.  Sam always thought he was totally ready for life after society.  He was terribly wrong.

When things first happened, Sam thought it was a huge elaborate hoax.  He even tried to go to work.  It happened so fast, the evening news had stories from all over the globe about the zombies.  By the next day, as he walked to the bus station to go to work, it was obvious this wasn't a hoax.  His whole city had been rioting and looting all night.  He'd slept right through it being a little outside of town, he just heard lots of sirens that night.  He made his way back to his apartment, grabbed his bag, and hiked the five miles that day to the place he was supposed to meet his friends.  No cell phone worked already.  There was no way to call them.  They hadn't thought about getting radios for some reason.  Sam battered himself for that oversight.  He waited three days, hunting small game with his re-curve bow, boiling the river water in his stainless steel water bottle, and drinking that.  Then the local camp site started getting too many people, and not many were of the good kind of people.

Sam had made the decision to move on.  He packed his things, and started hiking.  Keep moving, that was his motto for survival.  He left clues for his friends to follow for a year.  He never met up with them.  They lived more in the city, they must not have made it out.  He traveled almost everyday for that first year.  His shoes had worn out completely in only four months.  He made moccasins from the hide of a deer he found dead, and some fur from a rabbit.  They were shockingly comfortable.  After the first year, he tried to join a small group he came across. Things were good for a while.  They were on a farm in Kansas.  Flat ground, good visibility for a mile, no walker was going surprise them.  Even the few hordes that came their way were relatively easy to deal with.  It ended when a group of other survivors decided that their food and small cache of ammo was to be theirs.  They killed the man on the roof doing watch first with a sniper shot.  Then stormed the farm house.  Sam managed to make it to a tornado shelter with his pack before he was found. 

The group had all died resisting the invaders.  Sam found out they were a troop of marines that had abandoned their post when the orders stopped coming.  A couple of them had drank out in the barn, he spent the night hearing them talk about how easy the take was here.  He could hear them raping the two women that were in the group over and over through the night before just killing them.  When things finally settled down near the end of the night into the early morning, Sam quietly poured moonshine all over the outside of the house, and used his magnesium striker with his pocket knife and lit the house ablaze with the marines all in it, and ran away.  The death of that group haunts him daily now.  He feels like he should have fought.  Inside deep he knows he'd have just died with them.

It's been two years Sam has survived after his group got killed.  He's gotten good at avoiding humans, and walkers, and when needed, killing walkers as well.  He now settles in a mountain forested area as far off the map as he can get.  There's a river with a waterfall two hundred yards from his camp.  The river seems to attract the rare wandering walker away from his camp into the water where it gets washed away by the stream.  there's a natural spring right near his shelter.  His shelter is built between three large trees that grew close together.  It's small, but it isn't damaging the trees, and it's hidden a little in the canopy of the trees.  The casual hiker likely wouldn't notice it, and any walker can't climb to it.  In the surrounding woods, he has snares set up for small game.  He fishes with a spear in the river when the snares are empty.

Sam is quiet now, rarely using his voice at all.  He hasn't gone insane, he's just awkward.  Meet Sam Jones.  He is 5' 8", skinny, but not weak.  He wears mostly skins and furs.  He has a hand made bow about his shoulders.  A quiver of twenty hand made arrows.  He carries a full tang 8" knife in a leather sheath, it's not used to kill, it's for eating and crafting.  He has eight to ten sharpened wooden spikes that have been hardened and blackened in a fire.  Same treatments on his arrowheads.  These spikes are one time use zombie killers.  He carries three spare strings for his bow, and a crude ax made from onyx and wood.  He has short, roughly cut brown hair, blue eyes, and roughly cut short beard.

RainyHigh

This is a game I'd  be interested in. And Walking Dead zombies are scary as f*ck... (not as scary as Lizzie though).
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Belisuavious

DarkAngel111

FetzerDelRayne

I like your character sheet. I will be giving out a proper code that you can fill in so its easier to identify certain things

Also Everyone should feel free to put in your Character sheets, It will be a draft that can be submitted here. Once we have enough interested people we will make small changes and edits to it.

You can post your character sheet here or PM it to me.

Juggtacular

I'm interested in making an ex-soldier with some engineering skills. I suppose I'll wait until you make the official character sheet before I post him up.

DarkAngel111

Be sure that when you make some one with Engineering skills that there will be little to no mechanical objects available. No cars, although Engineering skills will come in handy when we make up a strong hold.

Juggtacular

Noted. But as you said, engineering can come in very handy for all sorts of things without needing electricity. Traps, construction knowledge, etc, etc...

DarkAngel111

yes. I just wanted to make sure you know. :)

So we have a engineer we have some one who is good with the bow.

Anyone else who wants to have the same skill set, should not shy away we may need more than one character with some skills.
Also you do not necessarily need to have a skill set. You can just be living one day at a time.

DarkAngel111

Name: James Wytte

Profession: Worked at a gun shop making rock salt shells. Trainee Cop

Skills: He is patient. Stealthy. Strategist.

Personality:
Cautious, Distrusting. Loyal to a fault when finally trusts someone..

Weapons: Yarborough Knife he had stolen from the shop, A cross Bow with 7 makeshift arrows 2 original (used mainly for hunting). Carries an old Machete that is heavily built to prevent breaking Not too sharp but enough to get through a walker’s head.

Weakness: Lack of Social Skills.

Fears: Being bitten, Being alone.

History: James Wytte came from a family who was quite wealthy; he had found at the age of 9 that he was actually adopted, although till then his parents had treated him as their own, once they had their own blood (a son born) they had treated him differently. At the age of 18 he had moved out, and soon joined a local gang, he had not talked to his adoptive family and had no wish to have any part in their wealth or inheritance. James had lived most of his late teens in bad company and as such he was a tough kid, but soon he grew out of the bad ways and got a full time job at a gun shop. At 23 he was accepted into the Police Academy and after rigorous training He was not able to finish. At 24 he was out in the world by himself.

James had lived through the end of world as bravely as he could although the first few days were the hardest, they had been better than what the world was like now. In the beginning it was easy to find things, scavenging was easier medicine was plentiful. Although in the beginning no one had imagined things would get so far. In the beginning rumors were widespread that a cure would be found and as such those who found food and medicine used them up for lightest of ailments. James had wished he had stashed something away for the bad times but he had not.

The first year into the apocalypse James had found numerous Camps. He moved from one to the other, if asked about who he was before the hell came to earth he had always told a lie. That he was a cop. That was something that always gained the trust of people being somewhat a tough guy he got through every camp with minor cuts and bruises Simply because he had been Selfish and thought of himself before anyone else. The longest stay he had was in a camp second year after X-day. It was a community which had been safe and nice. The people there used body armor for protection it was given to those who stood guard at the walls and inside the parameter. James being one of them had one for himself. It covered most of his upper body and thighs. It had been the best protection he had so far. The camp did not last too long 6 months after his arrival he had to flee the site overnight as it was overrun by the dead.

James had over the course of past 4 months been by himself using scraps of metal and cloth managed to make improvements to his body armor which now covered his legs down to his ankles. He had Large rubber boots which once belonged to some biker. They had not given in yet. The only weak spot in his armor was around his shoulder brackets which he had to leave uncovered to allow for movement.

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 19, 2014, 04:06:11 AM

Name: Dorian King Jr.

Profession: Veteran US Marine Scout Sniper, Mechanic & Engineer

Skills:
- Master Marksman
- Excels in Melee Combat
- Highly Tactical Mind
- Excellent Physical/Mental Conditioning
- Skilled in Mechanical Repair & Engineering

Personality: Dorian has always held a strong sense of justice, which is why he joined the military as soon as he graduated high school; to serve his country. It's also why he left the unit he'd joined up with after the apocalypse. He fully understands doing bad things for the greater good or out of necessity, but only if there's no alternative. He understands that people are scared, and with people in any group he's in, he needs to be firm and sometimes harsh. Not a fun part of the job, but necessary to keep people focused on survival. But at the same time he likes for his people to not only respect him, but like him. So sometimes he'll joke and mess around, but at the end of the day they know he doesn't give orders lightly, and if he does, they're for a damn good reason.

Weapons:
Tactical Tomahawks
FN Five-Seven(Integrated Suppressor)
MK14 EBR(Detachable Suppressor)

Weakness: Stubborn and very hardheaded

Fears: Getting turned into one of those things, and being betrayed by people he trusts.

History: Dorian's father was in the Marines and proudly served for several decades. He eventually retired with the rank of Rear Admiral. Beyond that, Dorian Sr. had a wealth of knowledge in Engineering and Mechanics. His father had been one top notch handyman, and he taught him everything he knew. He of course passed that knowledge onto his son, who seemed just as eager as he had been when he was a child. Dorian Jr. was a good kid. Got good grades, stayed out of trouble; was a nationally ranked ROTC marksman. He even got a dual scholarship offer for college. Instead he followed in the family tradition and joined the military.

As soon as he turned eighteen, he shipped off and joined the Marines as a Scout Sniper. His marks were exemplary, and as soon as he completed basic, he was put into active duty. For two and a half years he ranked up kills and did good work for his squad, until eventually he was promoted to a higher ranking unit. He was now the rookie on a veteran wet works squad codenamed "The Misfits", that had been without a good marksman for some time. He had to work his ass off to get any recognition, respect, or praise.

For almost an entire year he was treated as the odd man out, but eventually he won over his squadmates and became family to them. He'd found a place he loved and had no thoughts of leaving. He didn't and stayed in the military for 10 years, working his way up the ranks until he earned the rank of Captain and CC(Company Commander) of the Misfits. After one successful mission(off the record) in North Korea, he returned home and was forced to take a few months of leave. Say what you will about the military, but they treat their soldiers good(at times).

One day while watching the news, the entire world apparently up and went to shit. His parents didn't make it; the phone call he got from his dad cemented that fact. They'd been enjoying a nice walk in the park when a rioter decided a nice old couple were an easy mark. The guy didn't even hesitate to slice them open when they refused to give him their belongings. As much as he wanted to get his parents, to bury them properly. He knew that if he went out, there was a good chance he'd get killed.

So he loaded up everything he had and left. He was a soldier, and a damn good one. He was always prepared, and he had plenty of supplies, extra fuel, ammunition and things of that nature. Living in California, there were plenty of areas he could escape to. Places with a low population, or none at all. Even an old cabin high up in the hills that his dad always used to take him to. He left it all behind without a second thought, as survival was unfortunately more important than sentiment. He decided to hole up in the cabin, but eventually people found it, and when he didn't let them in, they tried to force their way in. It was a group of three guys who looked lucky to just be alive. They were no match for a Marine.

He didn't want to kill them, but he didn't hesitate since he considered his life vastly more valuable than theirs. He gave them a burial at least...since the smell would attract those damned Walkers. He lived in peace for a while before the undead began looking for more food. They found his cabin, and while it was well built, it wouldn't survive an army of those things pounding on the doors and windows. He packed up what he'd brought, and everything he could scrounge from the cabin and left. He drifted around after that, surviving by staying mostly alone and far out of the way. Eventually though he found a group of Marines in Kansas.

He figured hooking up with brothers was the way to go. Until they showed their true colors. They found a farmhouse with a group already occupying it. They scoped the place out and he could already tell the people there weren't fighters. He even saw a skinny guy that looked like a strong breeze would blow him over. He thought they'd maybe trade with them. Offer protection for a place to stay. After all they had ammo, guns, and manpower. But it wasn't gonna go down that way. He heard some of the men talking about taking the farmhouse; just killing everyone there. That wasn't who he was. They didn't need to go that far.

He would have complained, but it would be him against 13 guys who thought otherwise. He wasn't dumb. He waited until most of them headed out to claim the farm. Only he and Martinez stayed behind to guard their supplies. He killed Martinez without a second thought...he'd never really liked him anyway. With him dead, he once again scrounged up everything his truck could carry and left. He's been on the move constantly since then, not wanting to get tied down. He'll meet up with a group every now and then; stay for a while, and then move on.

He is a perfect example of what we don't want here. :)
It is easy to make a marine or a army background person.
The weapon choice at the moment seems he has all the weapons.
3+ years into the outbreak, there will only be 4-6 guns in the group. Maybe 30-40 rounds to go around.

Dorian King is good at everything which is not what we want. I would like the character to be a little more limited.
Being a Master Marksmen, an Engineer, and tactical mind. He can fight melee too. He does not need a group apparently. :)

This is not meant as an offense to anyone Just clarifying that I am looking for a bunch of regular people who have been hardened by the times. Not because they were trained.

Juggtacular

I get it. I'll see if I can get around to editing him and not making him a soldier. He's mainly a character that I made for another rp that never got off the ground. The only thing I really changed was parts of his backstory. Guess I need to read a bit more closely. 

DarkAngel111

Thank you,
The weapons will mainly be Melee. Knifes and Machets.

Handguns and Rifles, I will make a list available before we start. and Each Character will get a pick. No one will have more than one long range weapon. So might have to remove the weapons. Also, Just because your character likes to give orders. Will not mean that he will lead the group here. Just letting you know, It will be decided on your IN- game decisions.

Kekec

If you're alright with it, I would like to make a character who dies in the first, or a couple of introductory, posts.

DarkAngel111

Well I wouldn't mind, Do you plan on staying a while with another Character?.

Kekec

Perhaps. But I had a fit of fancy when I saw the title. I thought it would make the beginning a bit more engaging. :)

DarkAngel111

Kekec, I would like you to see your character profile :) So whenever you have it ready please post it here or PM it to me.

RainyHigh

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on March 19, 2014, 04:29:32 AM
Thank you,
The weapons will mainly be Melee. Knifes and Machets.

Handguns and Rifles, I will make a list available before we start. and Each Character will get a pick. No one will have more than one long range weapon. So might have to remove the weapons. Also, Just because your character likes to give orders. Will not mean that he will lead the group here. Just letting you know, It will be decided on your IN- game decisions.

SWEET! I plan for my character to have a machete.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Bloodied Porcelain

Do you still have spots open? If Gnothi is in, I'm game. ;)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

DarkAngel111

there are spots open Definitely! we need good people! A GM to help me out a bit would be nice too :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Now to think on characters... And how useful I want them to be. xD
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Aiden

I'm interested.

Any chance I could have an ex-con who escaped from a nearby(ish) prison after the infection took the place down? Or maybe this prison became a temporary haven, but it was run by various factions/gangs, the first to go where the guards. Within those few years, supplied dwindled and gang warfare erupted for the remaining resources. Infection spread, some of those gangs went looting but in time the prison was abandoned or perhaps still there for whoever can hold it?

Got to play this guy, you know, cuz Machetes.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Aiden on March 19, 2014, 03:30:52 PM
I'm interested.

Any chance I could have an ex-con who escaped from a nearby(ish) prison after the infection took the place down? Or maybe this prison became a temporary haven, but it was run by various factions/gangs, the first to go where the guards. Within those few years, supplied dwindled and gang warfare erupted for the remaining resources. Infection spread, some of those gangs went looting but in time the prison was abandoned or perhaps still there for whoever can hold it?

Got to play this guy, you know, cuz Machetes.

Have I told you recently how much I fucking love you? xD You HAD to use Machete for the pic. xD

Aiden

DarkAngel111

Aiden I will need your character's detailed profile. I am a little cautious of ex cons haha
maybe we can see how he fits in?, the group would not accept a excon although I will consider it depending on the crime he has committed his behavior after things changed.

Although if it doesn't work out you are always welcome to make a new character.

Bloodied Porcelain

Not to be a pest, but how are you deciding what the group would and wouldn't accept if you don't even have most of the character sheets yet? >.> Is the group going to vote on things like that, or is one character going to call all the shots?

Aiden

Obviously he would not tell the group he was an ex-con.

I was thinking a lifer, follower of the convict code. Was in the penitentiary long before the outbreak and was not gonna leave alive.

He was no saint either, I am thinking he was big in the 80's during the reigning era of the Cocaine days. He has his hands soiled with blood, but he was not a low life. Didn't kill woman/children, no cops, etc.

In prison he was a "veteran" respected by many, but once the outbreak happens, that system went down. So yea, he killed a few guys from his own gang but in the end he had to leave or be killed by these new "inmates" who were more animals than the walking dead.

Once he got out, he said he was just a factory worker/machinist, one of the trades he would have picked up in the prison before the outbreak.

RainyHigh

Name: Malini Pandit

Profession: Computer Retail

Skills:
Resourcefulness, she is an average hunter and tracker (maybe below average, her hunting is a bit lazy i.e. sits on a high rock or tree and wait).
Not a perfect shot (with the bow) but she gets the job done within 40 to 50 feet.
Scavenger is good about being thorough in her searches and scouting out neighborhoods.
Good at making up home remedies for minor sicknesses.

Personality:
Malini is a glass half-full kind of girl.
A bit rough around the edges, but she is loyal.
She has a sick sense of humor.

Weapons:
Machete,
Hunting Bow,
11 arrows (four homemade, 7 original pack),
Quiver.
Has a hunting knife inside boot.

Weakness:
Can sometimes be inconsiderate of others, since she focuses on her own survival.
She is bossy at times and a bit stingy when it comes to bartering.

Fears:
Being eaten alive.
Getting tetanus, salmonella or some other kind of disease/injury.
No doctors around has made her a bit of a hypochondriac.
Has a fear of heights.

History:
Malini was a partier before shit hit the fan. She loved to drink, and drink, and drink some more. So much that she had to start going to AA meetings after she busted a glass beer mug over a pervert's head. She also went through counseling and found out that she has Manic Depressive order. She refused medication, went the natural route, doing lots of meditation, and took up tai chi at the local community college.

Being from a poor Pakistani family, Malini did not have much money given to her for college (she had none) so instead she went to community college for computer technology. That did not last too long as her father had too many medical problems and her baby brother needed to be cared for. 

At the age of 24, the dead began to rise. Over the past four years, Malini has lost her father and her baby brother. Her father died from his medical problems and her baby brother was killed in a car crash (escaping walkers). Malini has been wondering from group to group trying to survive each day. 

For fun, Malini reads books; she tries to keep one on her person, trading them out when she can. Other than that, she makes medicines to keep her hands and mind busy. She still practices tai chi every sunrise to maintain her mental health. 

Malini has a large backpack she always has on her person filled with a change of clothes, a solar powered flashlight, two books, topical salves, band-aids, toothbrush, floss, tampons, brush, and an old plastic bottle, which she refilled with water (it is for emergency only). 

Her current outfit is dark green cargo pants, black ripped tee shirt, black leather vest, blue suede boots, a makeshift leather tie for her machete, her bow and arrows, and sunglasses.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Aiden on March 19, 2014, 03:51:32 PM
Obviously he would not tell the group he was an ex-con.

I was thinking a lifer, follower of the convict code. Was in the penitentiary long before the outbreak and was not gonna leave alive.

He was no saint either, I am thinking he was big in the 80's during the reigning era of the Cocaine days. He has his hands soiled with blood, but he was not a low life. Didn't kill woman/children, no cops, etc.

In prison he was a "veteran" respected by many, but once the outbreak happens, that system went down. So yea, he killed a few guys from his own gang but in the end he had to leave or be killed by these new "inmates" who were more animals than the walking dead.

Once he got out, he said he was just a factory worker/machinist, one of the trades he would have picked up in the prison before the outbreak.

That is why I wanted your full character sheet. :)

I am not going to call all the shots, but It will be a sensible thing or one that makes sense. If he hides his true self from the group that is a different story. And if over the course it does come out, it will depend on the reputation he has managed to build within the group.

Although as a GM, I do have a right to accept or deny characters. there is a certain flow I would like going. While this is not a system game, it is still controlled and not completely free form, as the story is leading towards the group building a strong hold where they set rules which will allow people to live without fear.

Bloodied Porcelain

Obviously I didn't mean to imply you don't get to accept or deny characters as you see fit, I was just curious if perhaps there was some discussion or set up of group plans I missed somewhere in the thread. :)

DarkAngel111

as of yet there is no set way of deciding who stays or leaves. We need atleast 10 character sheets before we decide on it. Although the idea is of having regular people join in. Not Ex Army and such.

Its easy to survive if you have a strong group to take over. But its a completely different challenge to have a bunch of people with insecurities and weaknesses fill in for each other. if you get my drift?. Everyone will have secrets, there are no open books in real life and there will be none in the game.

My character Lies about being a Cop just so he could gain trust of the people easily. clearly he is dressed up in a Riot outfit and its more believable.

Although I am still branching out on how the 10 come together. One by one? or some of them are from a same group ?

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm still tossing ideas around in my head... each of them brings a different thing (and different amount of that thing) to the table.

One is a country/farm girl who grew up hunting and fishing and knows how to catch/kill, dress, and cook just about anything. She's also pretty well versed in agriculture.

Another is a girl who was a college student when the world ended... was there on a full athletic scholarship. She'd be the scavenging, in-and-out type... the one who send to retrieve something quickly and quietly... and her over all natural athleticism lends itself to just about anything else if she's taught.

The other is a girl who was young when the world went to hell... her grandfather was a survivalist nut who was convinced that the end of the world was imminent and had spent years stocking an old cold war bunker on his property, so when the world went to shit, the family retreated to the bunker and spent just over two years there, and only finally emerged when the last of their supplies ran out a few months before the game begins. She's not been in the world long so she's not super useful, but young and healthy and smart... probably spent a little too much time learning various survival tips from her grandfather... can tie just about any type of knot necessary, knows a lot of misc nature facts if she needs to survive in the middle of nowhere, etc. >.>

DarkAngel111

hmm those are interesting characters all would fit in well with out game I would say.

If you can't reach a conclusion well we can discuss them :) And see what the group needs

RainyHigh

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on March 19, 2014, 04:36:08 PM
I'm still tossing ideas around in my head... each of them brings a different thing (and different amount of that thing) to the table.

One is a country/farm girl who grew up hunting and fishing and knows how to catch/kill, dress, and cook just about anything. She's also pretty well versed in agriculture.

Another is a girl who was a college student when the world ended... was there on a full athletic scholarship. She'd be the scavenging, in-and-out type... the one who send to retrieve something quickly and quietly... and her over all natural athleticism lends itself to just about anything else if she's taught.

The other is a girl who was young when the world went to hell... her grandfather was a survivalist nut who was convinced that the end of the world was imminent and had spent years stocking an old cold war bunker on his property, so when the world went to shit, the family retreated to the bunker and spent just over two years there, and only finally emerged when the last of their supplies ran out a few months before the game begins. She's not been in the world long so she's not super useful, but young and healthy and smart... probably spent a little too much time learning various survival tips from her grandfather... can tie just about any type of knot necessary, knows a lot of misc nature facts if she needs to survive in the middle of nowhere, etc. >.>

All three sound pretty awesome. To be stingy as another character in the group, the awesome cook sounds so appealing.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

FetzerDelRayne

Sam Jones would most likely actually connect most with the third one because he was only lightly fed information via YouTube before things went to hell, so she would know things he didn't, and he would know better how to apply the things she knew.

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm working on a sheet now. I'm combining the first and third ideas. I should have it done soon, depending upon how long her history takes me to finish.

scribus1000

I'm interested in this too now, going to keep an eye on this topic.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

DarkAngel111

I am in love with the character already! :)

Skye is exactly the kind of person we need in this game. She is probably at the top of the list to get selected. :)

On a different note why don't we discuss what we should do about the relationship of the survivors with each other.

I was thinking maybe some joined by themselves others were in pairs or more?.

It would give the game a little more twist, say two characters who trust each other more than the rest of the group. Everyone has seen betrayal. So no one wants to take anything for granted. At least not in the beginning, A few close calls, a few hard decisions, everyone starts to band together.

So we will need connections, you choose whether you want your character to be with some one already when they join the rest or you want them to join by themselves.

Anyone who wishes to join James before they form a group should PM me :). we already have around 4-5 characters I think? A couple more on the way?.

Bloodied Porcelain

I've been discussion connections with Aiden between Skye and his guy should he get approved. :)

FetzerDelRayne

Totally in love with skye too...Makes me want to revamp Sam.  As far as entering a group, or how the group finds each other.  While Sam has found and built his little hideaway, that doesn't guarantee that it stays hidden, or safe.  In this world it's only one mistake that's needed to be found.  He could be wandering.  After all, that's how he has survived before making a home, keep moving or start dying.  Skye and Aiden's ex-con could wander through his area.  Maybe get in trouble, and Sam puts an arrow through a walker to help them.  Maybe they stop at his waterfall to drink, and run into a group drawn by the noise?  Sam, being a nerd, would definitely feel SOMETHING was wrong with Aiden's character, or at the very least would be extremely intimidated.  The looks, the tats, and the overall Aura you have to have in prison to survive is something Sam would be very aware of.  Not that he would hate the guy, but he'd be meek around him.

Malini would represent that girl that Sam could never approach before the end, but would have the biggest crush on, even finding reasons to go to her store a couple times a week had he ever seen her.  Now in the end, he'd be much the same way, likes her, but can't find a way to approach.

James would represent both the 'cool guy cop' that Sam always wanted to be, and with his gang history, the type of guy he always hated as well.  Although, if they get past introductions, I thinks Sam has a good chance to connect with each in his own way.  I'm super excited.  Hope I get accepted.

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on March 20, 2014, 04:20:18 PM
I've been discussion connections with Aiden between Skye and his guy should he get approved. :)

he should get approved, as soon as he posts a character sheet.

Sam is approved aswell. So would Malini, For now since we only have 5-6 people in the group. We cannot start off yet. Although we do require a couple more female characters.

DarkAngel111

Edited the first post to add some more details on Available weapons for the group etc. Will add more detail soon.

Bloodied Porcelain

It might not be a bad idea to let people start getting things together and posting IC, starting off before the group meets up... You don't want to wait too long for new characters or people will lose steam.

DarkAngel111

I realize that, but atleast 2 more profiles are needed.
So far we have 2 females. 2 more pending and atleast one more profile needed which will be a temp character for the first few posts.
I will give it a couple of days before starting IC thread.

RainyHigh

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on March 20, 2014, 11:21:44 PM
So would Malini, For now since we only have 5-6 people in the group.

Hey if there is something I could improve on or if you have suggestions for things you want me to change let me know.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

GnothiSeauton

Name:  Sarah Shaw

Profession:  Sale Associate at Walmart, former Surgeon

Skills:  Doctor, Experienced Surgeon

Personality:  Quiet.  Reserved.  Able to be friendly and approachable, but keeps to herself.

Weapons:  .357 Magnum Revolver.  Scalpel.  Small pocket knife.

Weaknesses:  Lack of hunting skills.  Poor accuracy with firearms.  Addiction (pain killers, prescription drugs). 

Fears:  Being alone.  Being trapped.  Having to rely on herself.  Finding pain killers and other drugs and being unable to resist temptation.  Relapsing.

History:  Life had not always been easy for Sarah.  Somewhat normal childhood, good grades in school, went to medical school on scholarship and student loans.  It had been her one passion in life, to help save lives and be closer to the magic which was life.  She moved to New York, found a husband, and was steadily becoming one of the city's best surgeons to go to.

But all it took was one accident, one fateful car accident, which changed her life changed for the worse.  It had been easy to see the lure and power of the opiates prescribed to her.  They had been soothing, comforting in a way nothing else had.  The warmth it provided, the escape from the stresses and pain of her job, dealing so closely with life and death, was enticing, captivating to her mind.  Even after the pain of her accident went away, when the broken bones began to heal and her mind clear, the opiates remained. 

For a while she hid it well, masking the effects of the drugs as nothing more than fatigue and stress from her job.  It had been her little secret, a small stash of pills and drugs she easily could get from her job.  Yet, as well as she hid it, with one misstep, it all came crashing down.

When her addiction was discovered, it had meant the end of her career.  With it coming to light of how she could get the pills so easily, it was quickly ended with the revoking of her medical license.  All around her, the world of happiness she had built came crashing down.  There were no pills to dull the pain of being abandoned by her husband.  There wasn't a stash to help cope with the loss of her friends, the people who began to view her like some sort of social plague, a tainted presence which could and would raise questions if another doctor friend had been seen with her.

It was only with the grace and generosity of her father that she was able to get her life back in order.  Put into a rehab clinic, she tried her best to get clean, and clean did she become.  Back to the small town Sarah grew up in she went, using what money she had saved to try and start a new life.  A small house of her own.  A job as a sales associate at the local Walmart.  It had seemed, for the first time in a long time, that Sarah was finally getting a grip on her life.

And then the outbreak.  What progress she had made on getting her life back on track and making herself the way she had used to be before the drugs was quickly put on hold.  When the outbreak began, she grabbed what she could place into the shoulder bag she carries with her everywhere, along with the gun she was given by her father for self protection.  Where she's going, she doesn't really know.  Anywhere seemed better than where she was.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Aiden

Name:  Victor "El Cucuy" Loera
Profession:  Former Drug Lord, Ex-Convict
Skills:
Machinist - Learned in the Penitentiary
Cheese maker, Cow wrangler/cowboy - His youth
Diplomacy - Strong Arm/prison diplomacy
Bloody hands - Kills with no regret or hesitation
Macgyver (Prison) Ingenuity - Need a stove out of some alcohol and a  soda can? A shank, jerry rig traps or doors to keep out walkers and or other humans.
Steady hand/mind - Doesn't lose his nerve or cool in hectic/dire situations

Personality:  Shotcaller (Natural born leadership), Decisive, Stubborn, Religious, Ambitious

The weak do not survive in life nor in prison, a lesson that has forged him to survive in the zombie apocalypse. Despite all that, he is not a bottom feeding scoundrel despite his appearance. Victor can come of stubborn and intimidating, but he does not prey on the weak, enough of those type are sadly out in the world. He is not a man of many words, he is hard to get a conversation out of, but he does not shy away from social interaction.

Weapons:
36 inch Crowbar
Swiss Army knife
Police Baton
Motorcycle armored riding gloves - Protective gear

Weaknesses: Losing his newly acquired freedom, his past/history catching up to him

Fears:  Roaming the earth as a walker.
Never enjoying a cold beer and a cigar ever again
Dying with no legacy
Living with no purpose or meaning
Never knowing what happened to his family back home

History:  The story of Victor Loera would have been a short one if he would have lived a life in the backwoods pueblo (small village) in the mountains of Sinaloa, Mexico. Victor's family had cattle and made cheese from their milk to sell, but barely scraped by to feed his six other siblings and various other family members living in their small home. He wanted more and found that opportunity working as a errand boy for a local man with connections to the Sinaloa Cartel. He was a teenager, working for pocket change, eventually learning to keep guard of drugs or helping make delivers via horseback. It was a long climb but in time he was running the small village. His parents hesitantly took his money but their need overpowered their moral conscious.

Victor continued to work, making more money, in time transporting large shipments of Cocaine via Semi trucks all the way to the Mexico- Texas border. He caught the attention of the higher ups when he dispatched rivals without a second thought. The reputation of "El Cucuy" began to spread. El Cucuy in Mexican folktales, is the equivalent of the boogieman to children. Children had no reason to fear him, it was the rivals and enemies of the cartel needed to worry. Victor washed the streets of Tijuana, Tecate (California Border) and El Paso (Texas) with blood but he never killed a lawman nor "innocent".

When he began working in the US (after acquiring a Visa) for the cartel, the DEA began to build a case against him. The DEA was unable to link him to any murders, but they had enough trafficking and distribution charges to lock him away for life. They tried to make him rat, but he simply smiled and told them to fuck themselves. The cartel kept in touch as best they could, supporting him in prison by keeping his books well funded but that was all they could do.

Victor began his stint in the Penn in the late 90's, accepting his new life and quickly rose to a position of power and respect in the prison. Like any prison he spent his time working out, acquired an education and even learning the English Language fully. As he earned more rights, he began to work in a machinist shop to pass the time.

Then the outbreak occurred...

Just as life was stabilizing for Victor, it went to shit. The guards tried to keep order, but those foolish enough to stay were overpowered and killed. Many died, not by the outbreak, but at the hands of other prisoners as survival of the fittest ruled. When the bodies began to rise, the remaining prisoners grouped up and killed the very people they had just killed. More were infected and turned, by the time they  learned to put them down, over 90% of the population was dead or fled.

Over the next three years, supplies were gambled, stolen or fought over. News of the outside world was as grim as living in the prison. Small groups in the prison began to raid and pillage nearby, even bringing in children and woman for vile things. Victor has seen enough, in an act of mercy he killed three "fuck toys" before killing their captors, fleeing the prison shortly after.

Victor wandered, living off what he could find but had little experience in actual hunting. When he met Skye, he finally found someone to travel with, he just had to save her first...

DarkAngel111

Aiden The profile is good.
I believe its quite acceptable.

Only thing I want you to reconsider is the skill set.
There are 4 things,
Diplomacy,
Bloody hands,
Ingenuity,
Steady hand/mind.

Now you have to decide which 3 you can pick out of those 4.

If a person is diplomatic, killer, with a steady hand mind, well.. that just makes him all around perfect for the world.

I donot mean to make your character for you, but If he is a former drug lord, I would say he is a killer, Ingenuity could be a trait too. Steady hand, sure Steady mind and diplomacy wouldn't be the traits of a merciless killer?

Just consider that :)Apart from that the character is perfect.

Bloodied Porcelain

I don't think the type of diplomacy you're thinking of and the type Aiden put down are the same. Aiden put down strong-arm diplomacy, which is prison diplomacy. I could be wrong but I think that basically implies he's good at making deals when needed and can threaten and barter to get what he wants, its not all smooth talking like is usually associated with the word (its also something he would have had to learn to survive in prison and claw his way up to a more respected position among inmates). I could be wrong though.

That said.... YAY Gnothi and Aiden, my loves!

DarkAngel111

That is true bloodied Porcelain, you could be right. That is what I want him to clarify, but still the character seems a little overbearing in some parts of the profile. The history etc. is good, but I hate it when some people just put in their character Sheets "natural born leader" Shot caller etc. because at the time of making the character they might think this would make them a leader or person in-charge. But in the wrong situation such a personality trait might just result in them being Abandoned by rest of the group.

I believe it is something to be considered when making a character. Not to make them too pushy. Unless the scenario asks for it.

Aiden

My character sheet was designed for him to survive in prison. If he was a passive person, he never would have climbed the ranks to become who he was in the cartel.

Will some of these traits/skills clash within the group? Yes. But I think the conflict it will create is worthy of exploring within this type setting.

I thought this game was made in the fashion of the Walking Dead, different personas and personalities coming together to survive.

Bloodied Porcelain

I think it should be kept in mind that just because someone has leadership qualities... doesn't mean they expect their character to just show up and take over. It's just an aspect of the character's personality.

DarkAngel111

yes I realize what you want to do here, but I have seen these kinds of traits bring games to a complete halt.
People stop posting and disappear from the group if they feel they are being ordered around in the game. That is usually how most of the zombie apocalypse games die out. He may have climbed out of the prison, but he would have to learn to be flexible out of the prison, That is if he does not want to go back to his old ways of killing.

I am not looking to Experiment a single Character's personality trait at the expense of the whole game.

The main idea behind each character having a particular skill set is that they have each other's back in the game. Not to fight or have conflicts.

In the show The Walking Dead, they can abandon a Character and be done with it or kill off a character. Because at the end of the day some one is God Modding THOSE characters. In this Game no one is god modding the Characters. Its Free form, so such conflicts will have problems in game. There is no system in game either. So say two people get into a fist fight. there would be nothing to decide who wins or who loses the argument. Not what i want to be bickering over.

DarkAngel111

That is true I do not expect a character to just take over, but unless the character is flexible he may end up in fights with others. If he does not, then it means he expects everyone to follow him. see when 3 or four pairs meet to form a group everyone will think they are right, throw in some one who thinks he is right every time, will end up getting thrown out of the group.

RainyHigh

@Gnothi, PM'ing you about character connections!!!
Rainy's Ons and Offs

Aiden

If it comes to that, Victor will just leave and he can be written out of the story. Most of the characters at this point seem more anti-social and loners if things don't work out, then any group can break apart.

I don't think in this type of setting you can cherry pick what you do want in and out of a group. In that case, you would have accepted the ex marine with a walking arsenal.

On a separate note -
I have a pretty good track record when it comes to group games.

DarkAngel111

hmm I am not sure who you mean?, but I have not accepted any Ex Marines.
I believe the words I used were

"He is a example of what we DON'T want".

I would like to cherry pick the characters, that much I made clear in the first post. there are too many games going on with people playing all macho hero types. The complexity I want to develop here is more about how Simple characters Evolve in a new kind of world. The aim is character development, not killing zombies.

Now if Victor is suppose to remain a hard minded convict that he has been before the apocalypse, I will have to simply deny the character. I am sorry, but the last time I allowed a character I thought wouldn't fit in into the Game it killed the whole game. It is best to delay starting the game till we have good characters rather than having to stop in the middle because of one person leaving.

Aiden

I think you are trying, in a passive aggressive manner, to prevent another male character from surpassing your own.

You keep referring to "We" and "The group" when you yourself are godmodding what other survivors will think/want.

I am pulling my interest from this game, good luck.

Bloodied Porcelain

I'm pulling Skye from the game as well. I'm not interested in playing in a game where the GM wants to dictate personalities or speak for every character in the game without even giving their players a chance to give their input on how their member of the group would react.

DarkAngel111

Very well.

As a GM I have every right to pick the characters I want in the game.

It is not God modding. I am describing the General game idea. This is not a Free form game.

my own character is probably going to be surpassed by the first one, that comes to take charge. Even a rough cowboy would surpass my own character.

I have no intention of playing my Character in a leading position. If no one takes up the position the group decisions will be made on a voting basis

BlueMaiden88

Is this game still open and what are the charactersheet specifications and/or recommendations.  I went through the thread, but I didn't see any charactersheet framework or any details about HOW you're running the game- like- are you going to use a DnD style system with dice rolls or something like that.

DarkAngel111

There will be no system or so.

AS far as combat goes the game is free form. Just as long as you don't take on 3+ zombies you will survive.

for character sheet

[b]Name[/b]

[b]Age[/b]: {Current, 3 years into the outbreak}

[b]Profession[/b]: (before the outbreak)

[b]Skills[/b]: {Only 2 skills with efficiency. Rest will be subsidiary to the main skill}

[b]Weapons[/b]: {Melee weapons only, Long range weapons will be decided upon approval.}

[b]Personality[/b]{ 4 or more things of note}

[b]Fears[/b]

[b]History[/b] {Good few Paragraphs, as we do require a little detail on the reason for your character's choices}

All of the above is what you need to put in the character sheet. at the moment I am only going to start a thread for Accepted Characters and Game info.

DarkAngel111

Alright guys Check the first Post on this thread for A few major Edits. There is not a OOC Thread, and a Character thread up. I will be posting my own character soon. Everyone who has already submitted their characters here should edit them and bring them up to date with the format provided.

So far the characters had been accepted on their General history and background. There was no proper format up till now. We finally have enough survivors to kick off the game. New editions will be brought into the group.

I will be adding more information about the world in the Game Information Thread.  In a few hours that is. I am still trying to find a way to make a virtual Map, of the Surroundings that our characters will be in. If anyone knows how to make one Please Let me know? Because I am failing at it.

FetzerDelRayne

I regret that I must pull away from the game too, good luck.  Thank you for the opportunity.  As for an explanation, if you want it it's in the spoiler, if not, just leave it a spoiler.

Explanation
While I fully understand certain gripes, and how your history in games has shown how things work.  I've been GMing System related games, LARP, and freeform games in person for +20 years.  You are judging the ability, and maturity of these gamers based on past experience.  We are not these people.  Here, and in other free-form games, it's about maturity, and ability to properly roleplay a character without getting your ego in the way.  And you're GMing character concepts for the group, but you're the only one in said to be having these gripes.  As far as people seeming OP.  THEY ARE GOING TO BE!!  No one lives AFTER the end of the world for 3 years without having/developing extremely good traits.  The game you want, with people that are flawed should be RIGHT after outbreak.  Because these flawed people are doomed.  Only the strongest, most baddass, well rounded Marvel, unbelievably skilled people are going to make it psychologically, and/or physically in this world for three full years.  I personally say, let the people make the group.  I've been writing for ten years now, and one thing I can say about my best works, and many other Authors have said the same.  You make a character, and let THEM tell the story.

DarkAngel111

I believe it is time to note that, I only pointed out 2 key skills to be removed from a particular character.

I have a right to ensure that when there is a 10 people group play involved everyone excels at one thing or the other. They form a group because they need each other. Sure some people come in who know little to nothing but everyone is Valuable.

The idea behind accepting Victor was simply to have a tough guy in the group. Without a doubt it things could change I would still accept Victor. But we needed a slightly unstable tough guy who enjoys killing the dead.

Even 3 years into the outbreak its perfectly normal to have people who are not flawless. It has been Mentioned numerous times that I am GMing the Character concepts.

How is it any different than telling people you can't be a first year student at hogwarts or you cannot have that weapon type.

Simply put, I want a team of 10 people not a 1 person group. I am very sure there are people who want to do a game where everyone is equally skilled?.
If there isn't anyone who wants to do a game like that, its just sad.

Miroque

Name Anna-Maria Lahtinen

Profession: Student

Skills: Chemistry Major and 2nd Dan Black Belt in Ju-Jiutsu, rest of skills are pretty much of an typical teen. PhD in bitching and gossiping, Grandguru in Tweeting and Facebook usage.

Weapons: To be desided later....

PersonalityOpen-minded and joyful. Not. Last three years have been hell on AM's psyche as her joyful world came crumbling down. Lately, she has been silent and shown very few emotions.

Fears Zombies, being alone and to be crippled for life.

History Being exchange student from Finland, AM's life was good, if not great. She was seeing the world before she hitted 20. She was studying in MIT under athletic stipend, as she won the European Youth Martial Arts tournament, and applied for MIT department of Chemistry and got in.

Year into her studies shit hit the fan, literally. She got her left shinbone broken and was forced to be fitted with cast and crutchs. And during her recuberation time, people went crazy and started to eat each others faces off.

She was forced to flee, like everyone else, only her leg was broken and while her former friend tried to bite her, it only got the cast. AM beated her former friend with the crutch until it did not move anymore, brains splattered around the walls.

After that, she barricaded herself into her dormroom, with few other surviving students and they holed up. Her leg got better in weeks, but during that time, they had lost two, as they tried to raid for food and supplies. Weeks later, they were rescued by an ragtag group of former cops, firefighters and clearly gang members, all armed to their teeths. The group called themselves 'NWO' and did not hesitate to put down any of the walkers they encountered.

Now, three years in, NWO is an distant past, as they are all but wiped out, alog with her friends from MIT, and Anne-Maria is again found herself in group with soon-to-be dead refugees. But NWO had it right. Some of the survivors they have encountered, just passes lone walkers or trapped walkers, where NWO toke the thirty seconds it toke to put them out permanently. If nothing else, those walkers would never post an threat to anyone after it. She believes that is the only way humanity can survive this. Total eradication of walkers.

DarkAngel111

Looks good to me. Anna Maria is accepted as well.

Come one guys we need atleast a couple more Male characters. At least 1 more to start the game.

El Maligno

BlueMaiden88

I'm still looking to play.  I was just busy the passed few days.  My character sheet isn't quite perfect yet, but I'll post it.

EDITED:

Name: Cassidy Burton, "Sid", also FrankenFerret

Appearance: Cassidy is about 5'5" tall, weighs about 115 pounds and has a compact, athletic build.  Her hair is shoulder length.

Profession (before the outbreak): Part-time student in Operations Management, hobby artist, and habitat restorationist

Skills: A natural affinity for problem-solving, being observant, and handling things logically.  Rudimentary knowledge of local plants and wildlife as well as first aid and oddly enough...welding. 

Weaknesses: Despite being very active, Sid gets winded and abnormally tired when over-stressed or feeling trapped.  People-things stress her out more than survival and mechanical things.  She also loses hair when subjected to prolonged and unmanageable stresses.  She easily forgets things when overstressed.  Sid's prone to snap judgements of people and can be slow to change them.  Also, she can sometimes come off as insensitive and very cold when it comes to planning and decision making.

Weapons: Bow, Hunting knife, stone club

Personality: The closest animal Sid compares to is a ferret after a shot of espresso.  She's smart, gregarious, and utterly unapologetic.  Outwardly, she may seem kind of gruff, but Sid does care about people and can be very loyal.  One of her biggest character flaws is her temper.  If she feels someone's committed an unforgivable act, she'll go out of her way to remove them from life's equation.   She's taken to not looking back on her past actions because that's a people thing and it stresses her out.

Fears: Crazy people, being turned into a baby cannon, finding that bear trap she lost, having one of her 'spells' at a moment she needs to get away.

History:
Sid's dad was Native American and wanted a boy to preserve tradition.  He did everything he could to bring his daughter as close as possible- including sending her off to survival camp and using her natural curiosity to manipulate her into helping him fix things.  Her mother tried to preserve Sid's femininity by driving her natural tendency to tinker towards sewing, art and gardening.  Both failed in many respects and ended up with a miserably ostracized child parading around in strange clothes while making bizarre, moving, metal flower planters in the backyard. 
Sid was bullied horribly, so even though she's an extrovert, she doesn't trust people or enjoy their company overmuch when they start acting irrationally.  She turned her mind to 'useful' things while she was younger to avoid focusing on her poor social life.  Sid's a jack of all trades, but a master at none.  She knows just enough about many things to keep herself from dying. 
While she was in college, she spent more time figuring out how to make her various hobbies pay for her education than actually studying.  She considered the courses a time-sink because it was 'common sense'.

After the outbreak, her family joined a small group of survivors and developed a strategy of sticking to high ground and living off the land while avoiding other groups.  Despite the careful plan, many of the group died because of stupid mistakes and infighting.  When a cultlike, raiding group seeking to 'bolster the population' by stealing resources and women from nearby groups made itself known, Sid's group split up to avoid detection and the fate of many others.  Still, the raiders found them and in the end, Sid's mother took her own life to avoid being taken. Sid and her father narrowly escaped, however, the commotion attracted a herd of walkers.  Mr. Burton did what he could to make sure his daughter got away safely, but didn't have enough time to save himself. 
Sid nearly died that year, several times.  As prepared as she was for 'surviving' she wasn't prepared for the difficulties of dealing with depression on top of that.  Self-destructive recklessness led to her capture by the raiders.  It was the wake-up call she needed to snap her back to her old self.  She escaped and vengefully set a small group of walkers on them while she nicked some of their supplies.  She doesn't know or care what happened to them, but she hopes that they at least one of them 'turned' and killed the others.

El Maligno

Player Username: El Maligno

Character Name: Rick Davis

Physical description: Rick Stands at 5'11 with brown hair and eyes.

Prior Occupation: History Teacher

Personality: Rick is calm, cool and analytical but the reason being is on the first day of the outbreak he kind of went insane. He functions normally but in his mind this is all just a real life like video game. This is how he sees it and this is how he copes. It is a defense to protect his sanity and when nears the revelation that the world he once knew is really and truly gone he becomes violent and unstable. At heart he is a good guy and is a bit old fashioned even for his time. Working hard to earn his way through college and the patience and discipline needed for hunting game help him attempt to control himself. He is not an animal just a man who is no longer whole anymore.

Hobbies/Skills: Archery, Swimming, Reading, Rock Climbing, Boxing, Hunting, Basic first aid, Cooking, and History

Weaknesses: His slim hold on his sanity.Is allergic to cats. If he can get a hold of it might turn into an alcoholic.

Fears: Things will never turn back normal.

Gear:  Bow and Arrow

Bowie Knife

Crowbar

Body armor

Pack (basic suvial needs)

History: Rick had always harboured a love for history. Always. It was just a passion that followed him out through grade school, middle school, high school and finally in college when he decided to finally do something in his life that would matter. Teaching the leaders of tomorrow. He felt the more passionate about the subject a teacher was the better his ability to teach and the better the chances of him being able to spark interest in his students rather than them just going through the motions. Rick worked hard and studied hard to achieve his dream job. And at the age of 25 he finally did so. For 7 years he did his best with little known facts and other more interesting tidbits of information as well as bringing in a few conspiracy theories just to liven things up with his students (based on what he was talking about) He was happy for a while and at the time of the out break he was having a little back and forth with the beautiful biology teacher from down the hall. He was in class when the dead were no longer dead. Everything happened so fast first it was the screams, then it was the mixture of people crying out in horrible agony and the sounds of the living resisting and running away from the dead. Rick and a few teachers gathered up as many students and barricaded themselves in one of the classrooms. They had a job to protect the students at the school it was the hardest thing for Rick to do as he could hear the screams of those dying outside the school. The next two days passed with agonizing slowness they had no supplies and were all constantly in fear of their lives. Only one other person offered to help Rick set out for supplies. It had been a horrible first time experience and by the time they came back to the classroom they had found everyone being torn and eaten alive. A student had taken some pills over night not knowing they would reanimate and attack their fellow survivors. It was almost too much for Rick to take. It was then his video game mind set kicked in.  Taking the sole survivor, the guy who had been with him, back to his house for supplies and equipment Rick drove his truck through dead bodies and other cars as he watched the chaos and horror all around him. After getting everything he needed Rick set out with his new partner ready to take out this new challenge. He had been a boxer during high school and college loving the thrill it gave him to pit his best against an opponent and the way he thought several steps ahead while methodically taking apart those who fought him, at skill that transitioned well into this new world as well as his experience as a hunter. Being able to track and live off the land while being proficient with common hunting weapons made him a pretty useful guy to have around. He has seen many different groups form and die out in the last three years and always he had been the sole survivor.He is seeking to find a place that can become a safe heaven and will protect the group he is with now.

DarkAngel111

Alright guys I believe we are ready to kick the game off as soon as everyone figures out their connections. We can talk those in OOC?

Rick Davis
Sarah Shaw
Malini Pandit
Anna Maria

All of the above are characters that are not accepted and can post in the Accepted Character's thread their profiles.
The link to the thread is in the Very first post.

BlueMaiden88 your profile looks great to me so far, you only need to add a few things like a Picture for your character. And you said you have not finished the sheet yet, so whenever it is done let me know.

BlueMaiden88

I edited it and added her picture.  I didn't want to spam the thread with reposts of the profile, so I just edited the existing one.

DarkAngel111

Alright.
If your profile is final now, you can added it to accepted characters Thread aswell.

DarkAngel111

Each character is free to start on their own and meet up with the group in a couple of first posts.

But if you wish to make connections Everyone should do so in the OOC thread.

El Maligno

DarkAngel111

It is open. But I believe the other Game has taken away most of our players. Maybe I will put it on hold. IF I don't get a response from G We are going to make first IC post before the end of the week... or not at all.

El Maligno

let me know so i can transition over unless you have enough people

DarkAngel111

This game is Officially Dead.

I am sorry Guys,
I know you all worked hard, but we donot have enough people Some more people have pulled out of the game at the last moment. :(

Miroque

DarkAngel111

real life issues, I Guess we cannot help that right?,

Plus there is a new game, so I am thinking till they are accepting characters we won't be getting any. Maybe in a while we can start again.. hopefully.

BlueMaiden88

Oh well. Maybe, for now, you can hang on to the information for this one and try to start it up again in a few weeks.  There's nothing stopping different people from joining it at a later time.

DarkAngel111

That is my plan exactly
I will be keeping the thread open,
We will eventually get more people.

Otherwise I have a little change in mind we can work on and make it a *large* game. With three or more established Colonies fighting for control over supplies.

BlueMaiden88

Factions, intrigue, fights for life, liberty and food!  Human struggle amidst chaos..

Oh, that sounds positively vicious.  I like it. 

DarkAngel111

indeed but i have little experience in GMing big or small games for that matter so i will need at least 2 or 3 more GMs to help me with that game
so it will take alot more planning

BlueMaiden88

Your main idea is to set rules of 'combat' and basic guidelines for character deaths- a possible storyline that you want followed.  It's more important to have extra GMs for a large group than it is for a smaller one.  With smaller groups, you just have to remember to stimulate the RP with random events to rekindle interest. 
I've GM'ed and co-GM'ed  a couple of times, so if you need help, just ask.

DarkAngel111

indeed there will be a lot of struggle.
Between the living that is.

So combat will be done often.

The main thing I am working on in the background is the three colonies,
I am thinking they each have control over 1 critical supply.

Trading is done between colonies, but each group wants it all to themselves.

Another critical point is the Leaders of Each Colony. 

What do you suggest for the Combat system?

Help is welcomed always! :)

BlueMaiden88

I'm most familiar with the DnD system of attacking, but that may be too complicated...with all the levels, base attack bonuses and what have you.

I'd say that you could use a somewhat diluted version of that system so that fights are fair.  For example, a person simply picks their ability scores for Strength, Constitution and Dexterity.  We'd have to flesh out how that would work precisely.  But that would help you determine a character's strength with their attacks and their ability to avoid attacks.

You can use dice rolls to determine if attacks hit or how badly a person's damaged.