Sense8 - New Cluster (Cluster of OCs, Recruiting)

Started by Deathnote, December 30, 2016, 11:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathnote

Hey, so I just finished watching this show on Netflix called Sense8 and was wondering if anyone else might be interested in playing a game based on it.

For those of you unfamiliar with the show, basically it involves a group of 8 people from different parts of the world suddenly finding themselves telepathically linked to each other.  They are called Sensates and they all just happen to be in the same cluster.  They each lead very different lives, but their telepathic link connects them on a level that runs deeper than most other relationships.  They are not only able to talk to each other, but they can also possess each others' bodies and lend their own skills and experiences.

Here's what we know about Sensates:
- They were all born at the exact same time.  As in, down to the same second... probably.  I can't remember if the show made that clear or not.  For this reason, anyone who wishes to play a Sensate who's part of the main cluster must agree to not only a date of birth, but an exact time in GMT as well.
There are 365 days in the year.  365 x 24 hours x 60 minutes x 60 seconds = 31,536,000 seconds in a year.  The world birth rate is approx. 131,400,000 births per year.  This means, on average, four people are born per second.  Having the exact same birth second is far more rare than having the same birthday and makes more sense within the context of the show.
- Sensates share both a mental and an emotional connection, something that they may not necessarily have much control over.  At least at first, anyway.  Hilarity ensues. 
- They share each other's senses, hence the name of the show.  A Sensate living in Alaska could 'visit' a cluster-mate in the Caribbean and feel the hot temperature there.  On the other hand, the Sensate in the Caribbean could 'visit' Alaska and feel the coldness there.  If one Sensate drinks a cup of tea, his/her cluster-mate could taste that same cup of tea.
- 'Visiting' as portrayed on the show appears to be a form of Astral Projection.  On at least two occasions, Sensates appear to be able to communicate at such a fast rate that time seems to have frozen all around them.
- Sensates are also able to possess each other's bodies.  This allows a Sensate to fight like his MMA Champion Cluster-mate, disarm foes like his cop Cluster-mate, or lie convincingly like his Movie Star Cluster-mate.
- Telepathic links seem to happen the most whenever a Sensate is in danger and requires the help of someone from his/her cluster.

My ideas for the game:
- Each Sensate character who's part of the main cluster gets his/her own thread.  You may create whatever kind of character you like and have whatever kind of story running that you want.  Your cluster-mates may pop in whenever and say whatever they want, but they can't take control of your character without your permission.  For your own thread, you have control over your own story including the pacing.  You have no obligation to wait for a response from a cluster-mate who's 'visiting' and you can skip ahead to a future time whenever you like.
- I'm on the fence about allowing character's who are either not Sensates or not part of the main cluster.
- Since we don't actually know if every cluster has exactly 8 sensates or if that's even an average number... we really shouldn't need exactly eight players for this game.  If we have fewer than eight players, we can just claim that the rest haven't been connected to yet.
- Whispers and his organization will not make an appearance in this game.  At least not yet, anyway...

Empty Character Template (code right below)
CHARACTER NAME:
AGE: 25 - born Jan 1st, 1992, 00:00 GMT (All cluster OCs should have the same age, birth dates the exact same barring time zone differences)
SEXUAL PREFERENCES: ('See player's o/o perfectly acceptable - as is not listing any and letting them come out in play)
APPEARANCE: ('See image' is perfectly acceptable if there is nothing else about your character's physical description worth noting)

PERSONALITY: (Include Personality Weaknesses here)

ABILITIES AND SKILL-SET:

WEAKNESSES:

BACKGROUND:

Character O/O's: (Linking to your O/O's page is perfectly acceptable)
Player O/O's: (Linking to your O/O's page is perfectly acceptable)
Misc. Info:

[float=right][img height=350 padding=10]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/9/96/Portrait-silhouette.gif[/img][/float]
[b]CHARACTER NAME: [/b]
[b]GENDER: [/b]
[b]AGE: [/b] 25 - born Jan 1st, 1992, 00:00 GMT
[b]SEXUAL PREFERENCES: [/b] ('See player's o/o perfectly acceptable - as is not listing any and letting them come out in play)
[b]OCCUPATION: [/b]
[b]LOCATION: [/b]

[b]APPEARANCE: [/b] ('See image' is perfectly acceptable if there is nothing else about your character's physical description worth noting)

[b]PERSONALITY: [/b] (Include Personality Weaknesses here)

[b]ABILITIES AND SKILL-SET: [/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]WEAKNESSES: [/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b]BACKGROUND: [/b]

[b]Character O/O's: [/b] (Linking to your O/O's page is perfectly acceptable)
[b]Player O/O's: [/b] (Linking to your O/O's page is perfectly acceptable)
[b]Misc. Info: [/b]

OOC Threads:
Characters Thread
OOC Thread

IC Threads:
Sense8 - New Cluster - Primary IC Thread (Extreme)
Florianopolis, Brazil - Inácio's IC Thread (Extreme)
Austin, Texas, USA - Amara Katya Sin's IC Thread (Extreme)

Caela

At one point in the show, Jonah, tells Will that wherever they are born in the world, those that are part of a Cluster take their first breaths as one...implying that they're born together down to the second.

Side note, due to time differences this could actually mean a days difference in calander dates of their birthdays depending on how far away they are from each other geographically. Someone born at 10:13pm Thursday night in California, for instance, could have a cluster mate born at 6:13am Friday morning in England but they'd still be born at the same time. 

Florence

Tentatively interested!

I'm a HUGE fan of Sense8 and wouldn't mind an rp of it, but no character ideas are jumping out at me right away, so I'll have to think on it and see if I can come up with something.

Should I assume, given the nature and themes of the show, that this RP is LGBT inclusive?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Deathnote

Of course this game will be LGBT inclusive.  ^_^

Don't worry about characters for now.  This is just an interest check, so you'll have plenty of time to come up with something.

Yarnover

I am SO glad to see another Sense8 interest thread!  :D I started one quite a while ago and hardly anyone had seen it so it hadn't gone anywhere. Please consider me interested.
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Dormouse

Another fan of Sense8 here. I'm not sure if I'll have time to participate, as I have other writing obligations, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.
"It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Deathnote

Hmm... well... we have about half the cast worth of people interested, so... should we start settling on a birth time?

I was thinking of having the game set in 2017 (of course) and have the cluster be around 25.  That would set the birth year to be in 1992... or 1991, if we want our characters to turn 26 during 2017.

This would leave the month, day, and time in GMT.  Any ideas?

Elahdon

Ons and Offs // Roleplay Requests

Currently seeking new stories

Deathnote

If everyone's okay with the Birth Date of January 1st, 1992, 00:00 GMT, then I'll go ahead with setting up the character profile templates.

Yarnover

Whatever birth date is fine with me - I'll make it work.
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Yarnover

I made this template for character building. Feel free to use it if you like.

"Character Quote. (Optional)"
NAME:
AGE: (All cluster OCs should have the same age, birth dates the exact same barring time zone differences)
CURRENT RESIDENCE:
PLACE OF ORIGIN:
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Additional Images
Optional

optional -
MARITAL STATUS:  
FAMILY:
ESTABLISHED CONTACTS:
ESTABLISHED ENEMIES:
LEGAL STATUS: (if applicable)
SEXUAL PREFERENCES: ('See player's o/o perfectly acceptable - as is not listing any and letting them come out in play)

BACKGROUND:

COMPLICATIONS: (flaws, addictions, weaknesses, phobias - stuff that makes you human)

SKILLS: (Must be realistic and relate to background in some way)

"___________ is easy. It's what I do."

[center][size=12pt][i][/i][/size][/center]
[float=right][img height=350 padding=10][/img][/float]
[b]NAME: [/b]
[b]GENDER: [/b]
[b]AGE: [/b] 
[b]OCCUPATION: [/b]
[b]CURRENT RESIDENCE: [/b]
[b]PLACE OF ORIGIN: [/b]
[b]PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: [/b]
[center][spoiler=Additional Images]Optional[/spoiler][/center]

optional -
[b]MARITAL STATUS: [/b] 
[b]FAMILY: [/b]
[b]ESTABLISHED CONTACTS: [/b]
[b]ESTABLISHED ENEMIES: [/b]
[b]LEGAL STATUS: [/b] 
[b]SEXUAL PREFERENCES: [/b]

[b]BACKGROUND: [/b]

[b][u]COMPLICATIONS: [/u][/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[b][u]SKILLS: [/u][/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

[center][size=12pt][i]"___________ is easy. It's what I do."[/i][/size][/center]
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Deathnote

Character Template is up.

CHARACTER NAME: Li Xin Zha (AKA Rock)
SEXUAL PREFERENCES: Heterosexual

APPEARANCE: See images

PERSONALITY: Rock could be considered by some to be the "strong, silent" type.  Usually very stoic and serious, he has a surprisingly short temper.  This has gotten him in trouble before with the law.  He has been arrested on multiple occasions for getting into several major bar fights.  He used to be the type who made an effort to be friendly with others, but has recently become a bit brutish and distant.  In spite of this attitude, however, he takes his job as mob enforcer seriously and does everything he can to get the job done right.

He can also be surprisingly stubborn and make very reckless decisions at times.  Once he's made up his mind about something, he'll see through it to the end.  He's most likely to be like this when he has set his mind on a single, tangible goal.  This can be especially true whenever he's helping out a friend due to his great sense of loyalty.

ABILITIES AND SKILL-SET:

• Hand-to-hand combat - Has been practicing martial arts for more than ten years and has experience fighting on the streets.
  • Despite not exactly being the brightest bulb in the class, he can be very perceptive and analytical to the point of practically becoming a human lie-detector.
  • Intimidation - As an enforcer for the Triad, Rock has learned how to effectively intimidate and pull whatever information he needs from his targets.

WEAKNESSES:

• He's always getting lost even with the GPS app on his phone.
  • He's not the most attentive of people and he's proven to have a bit of a temper that's gotten him in trouble more than once before.

BACKGROUND:

For as long as Rock could remember, he always had a natural talent/ability when it came to determining whether or not someone was lying.  He learned to hide this ability when it became apparent that blurting out or accusing someone of lying to him all the time afforded him few friends.  It was something he couldn't quite explain, like a gut-feeling, but 9 out of 10 times, he would be right.  His accuracy improved when he learned how to hone his lie-detecting abilities during his time in the Triad.

During his time in high school, Rock was a member of the school kick-boxing team.  Throughout his school life, he had been getting into all sorts of trouble due to his aloof and unfriendly attitude.  He was always getting into fights with the local delinquents.  During his senior year, he got into a fight with a fellow classmate on school grounds.  After sending his opponent to the hospital, he was suspended from school and banned from future club activities.

Rock was barely out of high school when he started earning money by participating in underground fighting rings.  After winning several fights, he was approached by gangsters who wanted him to take a dive every now and then.  He accepted the offers, knowing that he would earn more money that way.  He started making connections with the local Triads, earning a sort of reputation as a tough fighter.  Eventually, he was recruited into the "Hung Hing" Triad Society and starting acting as an enforcer for one of the society's leaders, Chan Ho Nam.

Rock has been with the Triad ever since.

Character O/O's: My O/O's
Player O/O's: My O/O's
Misc. Info:

Fredasce

I'll add myself to the interested list and bookmark this thread for future character-making :D

My O/O's
Request Thread
Let my heart be still a moment, and this mystery explore

Yarnover

I have quite a few character ideas so I'm going to wait to see what others come up with and then fill in the gaps.
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Shjade

Just have to chime in: the separate-threads, interlocking-stories idea for structuring this is brilliant. I have no idea whether it will work in practice, but on paper, I applauded reading it.

I'll mark interest. If I'm lucky I might have a character concept up by tonight. ...if I'm lucky. >.>

Edit: so here's a character concept mostly sketched out.

CHARACTER NAME: Emilia Rossi
AGE: 25 - born Jan 1st, 1992, 00:00 GMT (Local time in Salta, Argentina: Dec 31st, 1991, 21:00 EST)
SEXUAL PREFERENCES: Undefined

APPEARANCE: With Emi, what you see is what you get, for the most part. Her often frazzled hair tends to hide the pair of silver earrings on the upper curve of her left ear, most of the fingertips on her left hand are toughened by years of practice, and a small ankh tattoo rests its loop around her navel pointing down.

PERSONALITY: Emilia is restless, impulsive, but not reckless: she doesn't take unnecessary risks on a whim, even if she does indulge her whims quite often without that kind of danger looming overhead. She can be long-suffering, even patient, when it comes to working toward a set goal or supporting a friend in need. She's not afraid to speak her mind, either, so it's lucky for everyone she's usually in a mood that's fun to share.

Her long-term planning needs work, as do her priorities when it comes to determining how best to accomplish what she sets out to do. Her determination usually means she'll reach that goal eventually, but it's likely there's a shorter, easier path to the same destination she'll overlook without someone else to point it out to her. On the other hand, sometimes being accustomed to making your own way means coming up with ideas most people wouldn't. Being willing to do things the hard way has its benefits, once in a while.

ABILITIES AND SKILL-SET:

• Music - Emilia's always had a good ear. Her singing voice isn't the best, unfortunately, but that just gave her more reason to focus on instruments: guitar, charango, enough piano for a little foundational composition, she's worked hard on her arts.
  • Communication - Growing up in a bilingual household gave her a good foundation. Long road trips built on that with block of other languages she picked up along the way. She's not fluent outside of English, Spanish, or Portuguese, but she's got a pretty good ear for the basics in a lot of roots. Sometimes it's made the difference between navigating an unfamiliar city or staying hopelessly lost.
  • Confidence - With almost a decade of touring under her belt, Emilia's a solid performer live. She has the confidence to do what she has to do despite a large audience. Hell, sometimes having an audience makes it easier: there's an energy to a crowd you can use to push yourself forward, overcome your doubts. She knows how to tap into that.

WEAKNESSES:

• Short-sighted - Her choices might be effective, eventually, but they're not always...well-informed. Sure, a trip to Italy sounds like a great way to spend the Summer! Just, y'know, maybe next time make sure you'll have enough money to get back first.
  • Trusting - Emilia would probably lose respect for anyone who'd consider trusting other people a "weakness." It's still caused her more problems she could've avoided by being a little more suspicious of others' motives.
  • Honest - Hand-in-hand with trusting that others mean what they say, Emilia generally says what she means, even when that's not the best idea under the circumstances. No one crafting a good lie should expect any help from her, but hey, at least it makes her popular at the poker table.

BACKGROUND: Emilia's childhood up to the teens was a pretty familiar story to any kid who grew up in a military family: base to base, school to school, never really putting down roots anywhere since they kept getting pulled back out again. Loving, if frequently absent, parents. Educated, both academically and socially, despite lacking any long-lasting friendships. In her mid-teens she changed that last bit, meeting up with the three guys who'd become her band mates by the end of high school.

When she was seventeen, Emi got it into her head that it would be better to go along with their crazy plan to go on their first performing tour - more like a road trip where they'd try to get in the door at any dive they found along the way to get gas money to keep going - rather than go on the next move with her parents. It was...an experience, to understate things; by the end of it the band had split up, the guys scattering with what scraps were left, Emilia taken in by a man who claimed he knew talent when he saw it. Unexpectedly enough, he meant it. By 18 Ms. Rossi was working as a studio musician for his small production company in southern Louisiana.

A couple of good years there was about all she could take. Maybe she'd hated getting uprooted constantly by military assignments, but by now the pattern of new scenes being introduced every few years had become ingrained, a way of life. Emi caught rides up the east coast, lost herself for a while in Canada, wandered her way around the continent with varying degrees of success and struggle, leaving a trail of friends and acquaintances - and more than a few sour memories, too - in her wake. And that's more or less how she's gotten by up until now: taking what gigs she can get, filling in for other bands here and there, picking up a performance pattern here and setting it down to move on later.

Character O/O's: Undefined. (This is something that usually takes a little more time & thought than the details of a background to work out)
Player O/O's: My O/O page
Misc. Info:
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sephora

FroreQueen

Love the show and the idea of it all. So I'm certainly interested, I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if I can whip up a character.
| Status: Alive | Medium: Forum, Google Docs, Possibly PM | Post rate: Varies. Erratic, mostly. |
◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊

On/Off || General Ideas

♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ Part of the reason I tend to be slow. ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Yarnover

I don't think so. I think we're just waiting for a few characters.
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Deathnote

Yep, just waiting for a few more character sheets.

Hmm... I should probably change the subject-line from "Interest Check" to "Recruiting", shouldn't I?

FroreQueen

Hello, I'm not sure if you're still recruiting or not. If so, then I'd like to toss my hat in! I've filled out a character concept below. Just let me know if I need to tweak anything. (I finished this at 4:50 am. So forgive any mistakes until I sleep and reread!)

Character Idea

Character Name: Amara Katya Sin
Sexual Preferences: Bisexual

Appearance: Two piercings on the upper cartilage of her right ear. A small black cat tattoo on her left hip.

Personality: Amara is much like the felines she cares for, enigmatic to a fault. If she can't blend in with the crowd then she prefers to watch it from up high; feeling safer above a city rather than in it. Due to the unpredictability of humans, she is highly suspicious and untrusting of strangers. As such, she doesn't easily interact with people. Amara thoroughly enjoys her current occupation. It requires minimum contact with clients, a quick run, and she gets paid. Of course, things don't always go that smoothly.

She isn't known to have a temper, though she can be rather sassy and sarcastic. Often hiding her emotions behind a charming smile and an easygoing demeanor. While Amara is quick on her feet, she has no love for anything that requires a true sense of patience. It's through sheer stubbornness that will have her lingering through even the most menial of tasks.

Abilities and Skill-set:
  • Movement - Often referred to parkour/freerunning. She can find a path over or between the rooftops of any city. Using the objects around her to climb, run, or jump to her desired destination.
  • Analytical - It takes her only a handful of seconds to analyze her surroundings. Either to run or escape a precarious situation. She maps out the best possibilities in her mind and quickly follows through.
  • Misdirection - From blending into the crowd to removing things, or even placing them, in pockets. She can easily read the situation to direct focus elsewhere, giving her a high chance of her jobs going off without a hitch.

Weaknesses:
  • Attachment Disorder - Amara has an extremely hard time forming lasting bonds with people. It was only through immense patience that her father bonded to her as a child. He nurtured her love of animals, which explains why she's easy around them and not people.
  • Cameras - Amara has a tendency to go out of her way to avoid pictures of any kind. Mapping out the locations of closed-circuit cameras to keep her face from being seen. Which gets a little tricky and ridiculous when she goes for a simple cup of coffee.
  • Animals - Because they are one of the few things she has empathy for, she can't stand to see them hurt in any way.

Background: Memories are a funny thing. Each time you revisit them, something changes. A little detail moves out of focus until reality becomes nothing more than fantasy. At least, that's how Amara always thought of it.

Her earliest memory didn't happen the way she recalled it. She couldn't remember the pain of her fall or why exactly she had been there in the first place. But she remembered her father yelling at her from the fire escape and her mother quietly laughing as she picked garbage out of Amara’s hair. It was a false memory. Only her father had been around, forced to stay with his wild daughter.

Amaras mother had already died by then. Lost to a sickness inside, her father said. No other details ever given. The father she hadn't known showed up at the funeral and offered to take her with him. To his home near Seoul, a land she couldn't even imagine at the time. Her mother's death and the language barrier put her at odds with the new world around her.

It would be thirteen years before she crossed back into the United States. Then another two traveling to find a city that suited her. A place far removed from the city she had grown up in. The last place her mother had lived. Austin Texas wasn't at all how she remembered it. Then again, over ten years of change would do that just about anywhere. It wasn't the city her father had taught her in, but it was an urban playground. Plenty of buildings gathered together, easy places to swing onto and hold.

In the span of two years, she had become a part of a small team of couriers. The payouts are a touch lower than in her father's country, though she lacks for nothing and still enjoys her work. One day, she plans to retire. Maybe travel the rest of the world and see what's out there. Or better yet, see what else she can climb.

Character O/O's: [Still Developing]
Player O/O's: [Hard offs: Bathroom Play, Excessive Gore and Rape]
Misc. Info: Amara loves baking sweets. Though she lacks people to feed them to so she tries not to make too many. She is slightly obsessive when it comes to her workout routine, considering her job is very physically demanding.
| Status: Alive | Medium: Forum, Google Docs, Possibly PM | Post rate: Varies. Erratic, mostly. |
◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊

On/Off || General Ideas

♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ Part of the reason I tend to be slow. ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦ ◊ ♦

Sephora

I wanted to throw my hat into the ring as well!

character concept
CHARACTER NAME: Zoe Mosley
SEXUAL PREFERENCES: heterosexual

APPEARANCE: See image

PERSONALITY: With her head in the clouds and a smile on her face, Zoe doesn't have the personality of someone who is usually the smartest person in the room.  Of course, she would argue with you over what makes a person, "smart".  She's as likely to draw a doodle of a kitten in the margin of a notebook as she is to draw up the design of a new kind of explosive devise or cell phone.  The fact is, she lives and breathes numbers.  It leaves things like making sense to other people and socializing properly to the wayside. 

As long as she gets to do her work, she is as calm and peaceful as a lamb.  When it comes to confrontation, she can be something of a pushover.  She's used to people walking all over her, and it's rare for her to do anything other than let them.  Who cares who gets credit, so long as something gets made?

ABILITIES AND SKILL-SET:

• math
  • Being underestimated
  • macgyvering hardware

WEAKNESSES:

• physically weak
  • Very awkward in most social situations
  • Easily distracted

BACKGROUND:   Zoe grew up in a typical family in a typical village in South England.  It was so typical in fact, that her parents had no idea how to deal with a child with an intellect far superior to that of a typical eight year old.  What do you do when your child can calculate huge sums in their head in seconds or can rebuild your microwave so that it is also an FM radio?  Easy! Pretend like it's completely normal.  Which was exactly what they did.  The fact that they were able to keep this charade up for as long as they did says a lot both about the Mosley family and the village they lived in. 

It was no great challenge for Zoe to get through school and get accepted into Oxford.  She left before graduating after being offered a job at a major technology company.  She showed them exactly zero loyalty when she jumped ship at the first better offer she was given (better meaning more interesting projects to work on).  Since then she has strictly worked off of contracts.  The idea of staying on any one project for too long is hellish for her.  She gets paid ridiculous sums of money.  Not that she pays it much attention.  She'd work for room and board if the project was interesting enough (thank god for her that no one has realized that yet).

Friends and lovers have flown in and out of Zoe's life.  With her true soulmate being the number seven, most of the time she doesn't really notice that she's being flirted with until their tongue is in her mouth and her pants are on their bedroom floor. Still, having a friendly nature and a confident outlook, she's never been short of dinner companions of both the friendly and the sensual nature.

Character O/O's: (In development)
Player O/O's: (will do this)
Misc. Info:   She's thinks infinity signs tattoo are the best thing to come out of her generation.

Yarnover

All right so we have

• Amara Katya Sin - Austin, Texas, Analytical parkour artist. Also good at misdirection and sleight of hand.
  • Emilia Rossi - Seattle, WA, confident musician, linguist
  • Li Xin Zha - China, Good at intimidation, hand-to-hand combat and sensing motives
  • Zoe Mosley London, England,  Math Wiz, Mechanical engineering Wiz

I have the whole "boy/girl" color coding thing going on because there seemed to be a balance of masculine and feminine energies within the cluster in the show. Whether that's something that always happens or even applies to this story is of course up to our GM but it's a nice reference at a glance.

Also - Our cluster is halfway completed! We only need three more players. (As I said before I'm more than happy to wait until the end and use my character to fill in whatever blank spaces our cluster might need. However if Deathnote wants me to I'm fine with putting something up now as well.)
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

A Painter

I had no idea you guys were still looking for players! :D  YAY!  So here is my unfinished character xD  And before you guys say anything, this dude is actually based off someone I know so you can't say that this is 'unbelievable' :))

CHARACTER NAME: Anton Nangagahasa
SEXUAL PREFERENCES: Heterofelxible

APPEARANCE: Ton is lean without a single trance of body fat on his body.  Most people that know him know credit it to his occupation, but those from his past think it is from his previous drug addictions.  In truth, it is because he has no money to eat.  Ton always looks tired and aloof, giving him a bad boy feel.

PERSONALITY: Ton, like Halo-Halo, is a mix of various different textures and flavors that are best enjoyed mixed together than they are individually.  He's judgmental, helpful, defeatist, honest, flakey, loyal and all with a healthy helping of denial coated in charm.  While he has a lot of pride that applies to certain aspects of his life, he has no problems letting people take care of him and he would do the same for those he truly cares for.
He's a bit of a hypocrite, but that has more to do with the denial it takes for him to defend himself with all the heaviness and anxiety he feels almost every waking moment.

Unreliability, thy name is Ton.  Severe untreated depression makes his behaviour erratic.
Still, the depression comes with a few not-so-terrible sides.  As someone who is constantly struggling it's easy for him to identify those in need and those in pain.

ABILITIES AND SKILL-SET:

• Empathy: Those with mental disorders like clinical depression have displayed a higher sense of empathy, making them easy to talk to.  Also given his 'rich' and diverse experiences with life, he is very good at reading people from all walks of life.  When he wants to, Ton is very good at making people feel at ease around him and supporting them.  More often than not he can sense feelings that people are trying to hide.
  • Charismatic: Other than his many jobs, Ton managed to survive in the cruel world by getting people to like him and want to take care of him.  Until this day one of his ex's is paying for his Spotify plan.
  • Athletic: Some people are naturals at singing, gifted at math or have photographic memory.  Ton was gifted with the ability to pick up anything physical with the drop of a hat.  Even after his stint with drugs he has above average abilities.  What he truly lacks is motivation.

WEAKNESSES:

• Addiction: While he's managed to kick the habit, there's always a part of him itching and craving for a high.  He currently fills it with things like running and video games, but it isn't the same.  When he finds something new he enjoys he always becomes almost dangerously obsessed.
  • Childhood Trauma: He has this compulsive need to help people, especially children in distress.
  • Defeatist: Ton does not trust himself or the world.  Failure is inevitable and people will hurt you.  Outside of video games and training he does not like to take chances or go the extra mile.  As far as he's concerned, surviving in the most basic sense by simply being alive is a win.

BACKGROUND: In many ways the Philippines is doing better these days, but when Ton was growing up in the slums it was a shit hole.  Abandoned by his father at the age of six and given to one of his father’s former lovers, he didn’t have it easy growing up.  Child abuse was a common theme in his brief childhood, which would eventually lead in to his mental disorders.  Determined not to be a financial ‘burden’ to his stepmother as she kept saying he was, Ton started working part time at the age of thirteen.  After a few brief jobs, Ton eventually landed himself a position as a drug runner, delivering product from place to place.  This job also started his long addiction to Shabu.

Between all this unfortunate events there were a few bright moments, like the day his father started emailing him and cementing a long term correspondence with him.
The moment Ton managed to afford his first football.
The moment he realised he was amazing at football!
The day he found the 'love of his life'.
However, until this day his favorite would be when he met his half brother and his current his best friend.

At the age of nineteen, Ton had a wakeup call when he found himself without money and a phone alone in a parking lot.  The road to getting clean was not easy, especially for an out of school youth like himself, but with the help from his brother, the ex-love of his life and time he managed to pull through.  Determined to give him something to do and keep him clean, his brother forced him to enrol in college and move in to his place.
Due to the damage from his drug addiction, Ton was no longer amazing at football, he was simply good.  Good enough to land himself a sports scholarship at an okay university with a shitty football team.

Ton has been in college for three years in a Sport's Science program, but his standing is only that of a second year student.  He hasn't been particularly motivated to do well in school, but at least he's clean.  That's got to count for something, right?

Character O/O's: o&o's
Player O/O's: o&o's
Misc. Info: Ton cannot swim.