ALfheim Online: The Land of Fairies (Interest Check)

Started by 1SAZ, July 27, 2013, 05:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1SAZ

Thank you for the watch. It's nice to know this isn't a futile effort for my own enjoyment. Also, awesome screen name. But now I must call you The Dread Pirate Westley.

TheDreadPirateRoberts

Quote from: 1SAZ on July 31, 2013, 03:08:44 AM
Thank you for the watch. It's nice to know this isn't a futile effort for my own enjoyment. Also, awesome screen name. But now I must call you The Dread Pirate Westley.

Im a few generations down from Wesley....I was actually a Ferdinand...the third o.O Lol....on another note, care for a glass of wine?  >:)

Latooni Subota

I don't know how my concept completely changed over the night, but I've somehow gone from a magic-specialized sylph to a high-speed wannabe dual-wielder treasure hunter. XD

Screen Name: Fuuko
In-Game Race: Spriggan
In-Game Appearance:
Fuuko

Real World Appearance:
Mimi

In-Game Personality: Fuuko is well-known for being possibly the greatest coward in ALfheim Online. She doesn't often party up with others, and when she does she tends to keep herself in a support role or acting as a look-out. When on her own though it's not an uncommon sight to see her fleeing in terror from a giant mob of monsters at breakneck speed. She actually runs a small shop up on the first floor of the newly recreated Aincrad that sells materials and treasures found while adventuring in Aincrad . . . a sort-of pawn shop for treasures. She crafts her own swords as well, but doesn't try to sell them as much since she's no master blacksmith.

Fuuko is a kind and considerate girl who is friendly enough, when she isn't out doing her loner thing. Her primary goals in the game seem to be hunting down treasure and amassing a sizable in-game fortune, though the fact that she isn't a Spriggan is a little odd. In fact, so is her profession of selling support items considering how often she adventures alone. Really, nobody knows if she's particularly skilled in any way . . . well, other than her obvious talent at running away from even the least-impressive of monsters.

Real World Personality: Mimi is . . well . . a little socially awkward. It's understandable though considering the trauma she went through during her time in SAO. She keeps to herself for the most part, eating alone at lunch and heading home right away after class. She can occasionally be seen running errands on her own, as it's well-known that she used money from a lawsuit during the SAO incident to live on her own in an apartment rather than deal with her highly overprotective parents and brother. She seems to have a bit of a thing for older men AND women, and both academic and strong types of people, judging by her hero worship of some of her teachers.

Skills:
<<Passive Skills>>
Sprint
Equipment Appraisal
Detection
Acrobatics
Searching
Sewing
Slash Weapon Forging
Metal Refining

<<Racial Skills>>
Flight
Illusion Magic
Treasure Hunting Magic
Wall Run
Multi-Weapon Wielding
Night Vision

<<Combat Skills>>
Parry
One-Handed Straight Sword
Martial Arts

<<Sword Arts/Known Spells>>
Chest Detection: A Treasure Hunting spell that allows the user to detect nearby treasure chests.
Trap Detection: A Treasure Hunting spell that allows the user to detect nearby traps.
Defuse: A Treasure Hunting spell that allows the user to disarm traps with a certain probability.

Smokescreen: Illusion magic that obscures the view in an area dependant on one's Illusion Magic skill.
Transmogrification: The Illusion Magic spell to transform into a monster with abilities dependant on the user's stats.
Mirror Image: An Illusion Magic spell to make it seem like there are multiple copies of the user fighting in concert. Fuuko can only make two copies of herself at a time, at her current level.

Cross Slash: An Original Skill Fuuko developed to make up for the lack of skill support for dual-wielding, where she strings together a horizontal and vertical slash with her swords. While quick, it's not particularly impressive for obvious reasons.
Crescent Moon: An Original Skill Fuuko developed. Utilizing her high sprinting skill she lunges forward before dashing to the side in a wide crescent-shaped arc, dragging a sword along with her. It's useful for surprise attacks or suddenly moving out of the way, or even attacking a group of monsters . . . which is obviously a terrible idea.
Magnum Break: An Original Skill Fuuko developed for two swords. She leaps ahead in a shallow arc at top speed and brings both swords down on an enemy, smashing it down . . . it's essentially the only 'strong' attack Fuuko knows.
Ninefold Rakshasa: Fuuko's ultimate Original Skill, and the limit of her ability with dual-wielding at the moment. Fuuko lashes out with both of her swords in the lightning-fast, but beautiful to watch sword dance at a single enemy, striking nine times in succession. It's a far cry from Hero Kirito's skills, but she's working on it!

Equipment:
<<Tsubakimaru>> A straight-edge Japanese-styled sword made of a red metal found on the lower levels of Aincrad. While not as powerful as other swords due to the properties of the metal, it's significantly lighter than other swords of it's size, allowing Fuuko to wield it easier.

<<Benibara>> Another straight-edge Japanese-styled sword made of the same red metal found early on in Aincrad. While it's attack power isn't anything spectacular, it's low weight stat makes it easier to wield in concert with Tsubakimaru, despite it's length.

<<Spidersilk Weave>> A cloth-type armor modeled after a Japanese kimono. It was created by using a rare drop from the rare monster Drider Queen called <<Queen's Silk>>, which Fuuko had crafted into a custom armor. It's weight stat is extremely light and it doesn't interfere with her movement as much as you'd think, making it perfect for the high-speed specialized girl.

<<Wind Trod>> A pair of enchanted boots that Fuuko found in a treasure chest that enhance her movement speed slightly.

History: Like several other members of the ALO playerbase, she too is a survivor of the SAO incident. Her older brother was one of the many who waited in line to get ahold of a copy of Sword Art Online. Sadly, due to delays in getting home thanks to all the traffic, he was unable to play the game before he had to leave for his part time job. Even more unfortunate was the fact that his little sister decided to use his system and data to try playing the game before him . . . and was trapped in Akihiko's nightmare world of Aincrad.Needless to say Mimi was absolutely shocked that she wasn't able to log-out, and had come close to dying for real when she had tried to fight some low-level monsters before the big announcement happened. As things got more and more crazy in the game, Mimi stuck to herself and hid out as best she could on the first floor. Not exactly easy when you're clearly the youngest player in the game. Eventually she knew that she had to at least get off of the first floor, and focused on developing skills to keep her alive . . . namely the ability to run away. She was one of the first to max out the running skill, and worked with learning how to craft cloth armor and medicine, which she found she could sell for a sizable profit. Good-looking and comfortable clothes sold well for the people who didn't climb the tower, and the front-lines always needed medicine. In the end, despite never making it past the 50th floor herself, she survived Sword Art Online and got to resume her life in the real world.

In the time since she avoided the MMOs that utilized current-generation dive technology, and satisfied herself with console games and anime . . . but was never truly satisfied. As much as she was afraid of those other worlds, there was something about them that called out to the escapist part of her personality . . . and amazing world where she could be someone other than herself, and go on grand adventures. The danger might have been real in SAO, but so were the friendships she made in that world, and the fun she had adventuring. She hadn't paid attention to the shenanigans going on with the original version of ALfheim Online, but heard that they brough back Aincrad, so she decided to join the rebooted game just after her 16th birthday.

Interestingly enough, despite her youth the girl thrives in a skill-based game like ALfheim Online. Her father runs a renowned martial arts dojo, one that she attended half-heartedly as a little girl, but more seriously after the SAO incident. She's been in a few exhibitions wielding double hookswords or jians, and her natural speed and grace further lended to her skill. Once she joined ALO she attempted to copy the great hero Kirito's style and wield two swords at once since she knew how to do it in real life, and found that it was shockingly difficult to do in the game, forcing her to rely on daggers. Only recently has she become skilled enough to wield swords in that manner, and only lightweight low attack power ones . . . but she's trying!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Wajin

I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

1SAZ

Elliquey rules state characters must be over 16 years of age. Players must be over 18 years of age to be on Elliquey. So the character is fine.

The character looks great, and I'll have fun pulling a Silica on her. ( I hope everyone gets that joke.)

Wajin

Quote from: 1SAZ on July 31, 2013, 05:26:57 PM
Elliquey rules state characters must be over 16 years of age. Players must be over 18 years of age to be on Elliquey. So the character is fine.

The character looks great, and I'll have fun pulling a Silica on her. ( I hope everyone gets that joke.)

Lol Saz :P
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Latooni Subota

I'm going to enjoy FLEEING IN TERROR FROM EVERY RARE MONSTER :3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

pendarious

Quote from: 1SAZ on July 31, 2013, 05:26:57 PM

lol that's just bad
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Wajin

So how many more do we need before we start? :D

1SAZ

We currently have 3 players and 2 GMs, so I'd like it to hit 4 or 5 players before we start. I think that should be fairly reasonable, right? Anyway, Ember Star showed interest so I'll see what she brings to the table and then figure it out from there.

evangel

So uh, I was gonna ask if you guys had room for one more. I guess I didn't have to!

'sup dawgs

1SAZ

Welp, take your time with your character and if you have any questions or comments, please direct them to my inbox. I expect all complaints in triplicate and submitted in solid diamond. You have been warned. :P

Diingo

I would also like to express interest, if room is still open :) Will have to come back and make an app, but I am definitely interested in this :)

1SAZ

Once again, we'd be happy to take you. Just take your time and have fun with the character creation. Comments and questions go to my inbox, and complaints can burn in the incinerator... I mean... go in my inbox too? Yeah, that one... >.>

Diingo

Screen Name: Lina Wulf
In-Game Race: Salamander
In-Game Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Real World Appearance:

In-Game Personality: One can say that Lina is fearless. In despite to her feminine attitude outside of the game (see below), she is very "boyish" in the game. She is very positive to challenges and doesn't back down for anything. She is known as 'The Wall' in Salamander, due to her armor and battle style and abilities. In face of danger, she is the one who protects others. Out of combat, she doesn't neglect anyone. She is humorous, cute, outgoing and a hell of a drinker. She is not afraid of getting dirty, both in the fighting way and the 'you-know-what-I-mean' way.

Real World Personality: Anna is a very laid back person in real life. Her father demands her to be 'noble', to act like the upper class that he is. Having a rich father sort of does that to you. Then again, in difference to her character, she is very feminine. Fashioned hair, dresses, make-up, the whole thing. But, she is as lovable as her character. The biggest difference would be how outgoing Anna compared to Lina. Anna is very shy and by creating her ALO, she can be whoever she wants. And she can act however she wants.

Skills:
[Non-combat skills]
<<Cooking>>
<<Purchase Negotiations>>
<<Sales Negotiations>>

[Passive skills]
<<Listening>>
<<Detection>>
<<Extended Weight Limit>>

[Combat skills]
<<Parry>>
<<Howl>>
<<Light Shield Equipment>>
(<<Heavy Shield Equipment?>>)
<<Heavy Metal Equipment>>

[Weapon skills]
<<One-handed Warhammer>>
<<One-handed Straight Sword>>
<<Shield?>>

[Racial skills]
<<Fire Magic>>
<<Enhanced Strength>>

Known Spells:

<<Fiery Bash>> Lina slams her shield into her opponent, unleashing a torrent of flames from the wolf's mouth.

Equipment:
Wall of Fenrir: A heavy-shield, the defensive end formed as a grinning wolf head. It is made from a rare ore, produced by Fire dragons in Dragon Valley, which is resistant to fire. Obtained through the quest <<The Dragon Arena>> in the Desert Area. (NPC made)

People's Justice: A full body armor made out of Ilithium, a spell-reflecting ore from a deep cavern under the World Tree. Lina had to go through the hassle of obtaining the ore, fighting monsters rarely seen, and then get the ore to a master smith, producing a white, shining armor. (NPC made)

Dragon's Bane: A one-handed warhammer, made from the skull of a rare wolf-dragon that terrorized the border between the Salamander territory and the Imp territory. It was a long fight between Lina and the dragon, that raged for several days even after it was dead. Almost killed, Lina finally defeated the beast and collected the skull and brought it to a smith, paying a huge amount of gold for the work. (Player made)

History: Anna didn't participate in SAO, as she was in the middle of moving to Japan when it went viral. One of the reasons she moved was because of her father's business, the other was for SAO. However, upon arrival, the SAO trap was all over the news and Anna was terrified and in her gentle nature, she used her influence over her dad and formed a support group for the families of the SAO victims.

Later on, when the players were released from the SAO, she helped funding the schools and professionals that would help the many people that had been traumatized by the game back into society. She spent a lot of time herself, having studied psychiatry, trying to help as many as she could. When the ALO was announced, she became as excited as she had been for SAO. She quickly joined, but only after she had done a profile check on a fan-site. It had matched her up as a Salamander, which she found odd with her personality. But, she didn't complain.

The first months went idly by, but after a while, Anna started to make a name for herself. She defended the Salamander territory, valiantly, she ventured into the caves below the world tree with no fear. She helped out guilds and people, settled scores and paid her debts. She became known as 'The Wall' after holding back a furious assault from a Goblin settlement, protecting NPC's and settled players alike as they evacuated the nearby city. She made a name for herself with her violent, yet easy-going nature and the way she could still buy those she fought a drink when they respawned.

evangel

Screen Name: ~xCrowx~ Vox

In-Game Appearance:

Real World Appearance:

Real World Personality: Impulsively entertaining. Although he is humble and considerate, Rin bears an innate desire to be an attention-whore. Letting out said desire in small doses usually does procure the spotlight. It works well and fine when it works, but lack of acknowledgement/being ignored is one of his biggest pet-peeves.

In-Game Personality: In contrast, Vox is a bit of a loner. Few people understand or know how the swordsman who doesn't seem to like partying with a lot of people got his rad-looking armor. Others have settled to the conclusion that he bought his way. Quiet and observant, the few times he speaks, the wolf-knight looking-guy feels like a fish out of water. Despite the spaghetti leaking from the crevices of his gear, Vox carries himself well enough in a fight. His technical eye serves the powerful play-style well. Not a clean fighter.

Skills:

[Racial]
Enhanced Strength
Flight

[Passive]
Cooking
Tracking
Listening
Detection
Extended Weight Limit
X-Ray Vision
Sprint

[Combat]
Parry
Howl
Battle Healing
Emergency Recovery
Heavy Metal Equipment
Two-handed Sword
-Empty-
-Empty-

Equipment:
Zinogre Blademaster - An intricate and menacing plate armor set lined with exotic digital fur. Purchased as DLC tied with the upcoming Monster Hunter sequel. Surprisingly viable and long-lasting despite the commercial, cynical origin. Thanks, Capcom!

Zangetsu - Heavy and difficult to use, this giant blade is as unruly and untamed as the unpleasant edges which adorns it. It is a simple weapon with a simple objective in mind; to break whatever it makes contact with. Truly graceless and brutal, despite what its name may suggest.

History: As an idol / television personality in Japan, Rin is well-versed in the art of self-deprecation to rouse laughs and the other vital art of selling photo-books. Outgoing, humble and patient, the affable idol seems to have everything in his life. Except a catharsis for his sweet, sweet nerdy hobby of live-action costumed hero worship. After years of applying and auditioning for various children's hero programs (and meeting bitter failures on each end), Rin was about ready to give up until a gig crossed him up with ALO.

The re-launch of the MMORPG had cross-over deals up the yin-yang in order for investors to recoup as much of their losses as possible from lawsuits, years of revenue lost and other fees associated with inadvertently sponsoring a madman's death game. Something Rin had little interest in, despite passing news of it years ago as with everyone else. ALfheim Online would feature gear from Monster Hunter, paid downloadable content featuring Hatsune Miku and there was even an option to change the log-in system voice to Wakamoto's rich persona! For a tidy sum of yens, of course. So when Rin discovers that yeah, he CAN put on rockin' armor and pretend like he's a Power Ranger then everything else is history.

Sure, he had to completely hide his real identity from everyone else in the game for fear of losing privacy. Sure, he had to make another account to show that he's playing in public. Sure, he had to spend real money for the Zinogre armor reskin. Sure, he had to turn down a recurring role in a police drama (that his agency was close to firing him about) so he'd have enough time to play the MMORPG but every time "Vox" looks at himself in an in-game mirror, it's worth it.

Should have named himself "Narcissus".

Sylia

Are there still slots open? I'd like to join this if so!

Jebble212

yes there are, I'm not sure if a limit has been set yet.

Sylia

Screen Name: Aniya
In-Game Appearance:

Real World Appearance:

In-Game Personality: Brave and full of life, Aniya has an infectious mood that tends to spread to those around her. She likes to tackle problems head on and hates dealing with things in an underhanded manner. Some people think this makes her easy to read, but if anything it makes it difficult to know exactly how she'll react to something. She loves coming to the aid of others even at the expense of her own wellbeing as well as willing to give her share of loot to less fortunate ones.

Real World Personality: Outside of ALO, Ibuki is actually a timid bookworm who has trouble making friends. She can be awkward sometimes and often laments why she isn't more popular. While she can make friends on ALO easily, she's afraid of letting them meet her in fear that they'd be let down by who she really is.

Skills:

[Non-combat skills]
<<Equipment Appraisal>>
<<Fishing>>

[Passive skills]
<<Sprint>>
<<Detection>>
<<Extended Weight Limit>>

[Combat skills]
<<Parry>>
<<Howl>>
<<Battle Healing>>
<<Leather Armor>>

[Weapon skills]
<<Two-handed Straight Sword>>
<<One-handed Straight Sword>>

[Racial skills]
<<Fire Magic>>
<<Enhanced Strength>>

Known Magic:
<<Volcanic Viper>> Scraping her weapon along the ground into a leaping aerial uppercut, a torrent of flame bursts forward from the ground, carrying the target into the air.

<<Flamethrower>> A concentrated burst of flame that spews forth from one hand that boasts decent attack power.

Equipment:

<<Fuuenken>> The Fireseal sword. The weapon is actually a thick rectangular blunt sword with three holes on either side of the blade that allows for flames to materialize. Is mainly used to strengthen fire magics as it has little to no attack power on its own but Aniya often is seen using it to fight with as well. Obtained by completing <<The Dragon's Puzzle Box>>

<<Tyrant Revolver>> A thick Two-handed sword of Aniya's choice. It has average attacking power but high durability so its good for defending with. Received after completing dungeon <<The Deep Dark>> with a group. It was their gift to her for being such a good sport with all the other spoils.

<<Black Intercepter>> A leather armor, boots and gloves set made by one of Aniya's friends. Boasts above average defense.

History: Ibuki wasn't among the people who got caught in the killer game, SAO as she wasn't interested in it during the time it was going on. Once she caught wind of what happened in that game, she was more than a little relieved that she didn't try to enter that game. The reason behind her actually joining ALfheim Online was that she wanted to try and make friends without them meeting her face to face. It was a testing phase to see what'd work and what wouldn't and to that end she created multiple accounts with each having a different type of personality.

The one that acted most like herself was the most depressing as no one really cared to talk to her, but the more outgoing ones got the most attention. By time she was done testing the waters and began to play for real, she found that the game had other problems and was soon wiped to get restarted on a fresh start. Lucky for her as she hadn't had time to level all those alternate accounts. Now taking on her outgoing personality ingame, Ibuki soon found herself with lots of people to talk to, much to her joy. Levelling up came easy and finding parties to get quests she wanted done were a cakewalk now.

But.. every so often, someone wants to meet her in the outside world. And she makes up every excuse in the book as to why she can't.

1SAZ

I'm going to allow Aniya in, only because it's nice to have another player that enjoys Arc System Works games to chat with in the OOC. XD

Nice job regardless.

Sylia

Hehehe, are you looking forward to the new guilty gear as much as I am?

Diingo

1SAZ, how about me and evangel? Dunno if you missed our applies or if your most recent post was in regards to all the latest three.

1SAZ

Sorry! I thought I put a message up for you two, but I guess it didn't go through. You are both approved as well.

General message to all players: I'll be trying to put up the OOC tonight, if not tomorrow before work. I'll add the link to the first post in this thread. Thank you.

1SAZ

OOC is up. Please post there when you have a chance.