Marvel: A New Beginning (Temprorarily closed for recruitment)

Started by AribethAmkiir, March 29, 2014, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Well, you could always do a gender-bent version of a male character, which would fit this kind of AU version of things.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Praxis

Holy balls this thing took off fast.

1st choice - Hawkeye
2nd choice - Spider-Man
3rd choice - Moon Knight

Are any of those taken yet?  Is there a list?

Mathim

Are you sure you want to play a character with no actual powers? I mean, I thought only the actually extraordinary would be in the academy...only Spidey on your list there is actually a real genuine superhuman.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Ember Star

Hawkeye is classified as a GM NPC, I think. I don't know about the others.
Quote from: Mathim on April 02, 2014, 06:04:42 PM
Are you sure you want to play a character with no actual powers? I mean, I thought only the actually extraordinary would be in the academy...only Spidey on your list there is actually a real genuine superhuman.
There's nothing wrong with characters with no powers. Frankly, they're some of my favorites because they have to use other cleverness to be awesome
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Praxis on April 02, 2014, 06:02:52 PM
Holy balls this thing took off fast.

1st choice - Hawkeye
2nd choice - Spider-Man
3rd choice - Moon Knight

Are any of those taken yet?  Is there a list?

As Ember said, Hawkeye is currently a GM NPC.

Spider-Man or Moon Knight are more than welcome.

apygoos

*waits patiently about Cassie*

arthenwel

Batman has no powers and is considered a superhero. So is Robin/Nightwing, green arrow, and ironman.
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

On's/Off's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=185686.0
A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

Batman4560

To be fair, DC Wiki says Arrow might have superhuman aim.

arthenwel

To be technical, wiki is able to be changed by humans and as long as the moderators there BELIEVE it's right, they will approve it. The comics and shows tell that he doesn't. He attained them by harsh punishment and the fact that his skills determined if he ate. Also, look at the series. He lost his aim while recovering. Powers wouldn't be lost temporarily due to having something to lose.
Be careful who you try to burn. You might just find that the other person knows how to play with fire better than you.

A/A's- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=228170.msg11197359#msg11197359

Neysha

Emma Watson is Cassandra Lang?

It's like you took two of my favorite things and put them in a blender! :D

Though I'm sure many will disagree with your choice of equipment. They already invented clothing that grows and shrinks with her? Where's the trial and error and journey of discovery into finding out the appropriate clothing to wear? With many trials... and many failures. :I feel we've missed out on a big character development opportunity by skipping over what should've been a long and exhausting process of finding the perfect uniform that can adapt to her unique abilities. ;)
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

AribethAmkiir

Let's keep things positive. 

Batman4560

Quote from: arthenwel on April 02, 2014, 09:38:58 PM
To be technical, wiki is able to be changed by humans and as long as the moderators there BELIEVE it's right, they will approve it.

Point taken. :D

Ember Star

Speaking of wikis. Four different ones all one have like a paragraph on Pixie 's childhood. Which is fine, just means more work writing up fluffy fuller. Lol. They did tell me her height and weight though, oddly she's exactly the same height and weighed close to the same as me. Although I thought I remembered her being smaller, says she's 5'5" and 130lb (I'm 5'5" and 125lb)
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

AribethAmkiir

Neysha

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 02, 2014, 10:20:29 PM
Let's keep things positive.

Oh no, I feel as if I've been horribly misinterpreted. I love Emma Watson being the faceclaim of Cassandra Lang, since both are pretty awesome.

The rest of my post is just me being stoopid silly. :P
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 02, 2014, 10:30:51 PM
She can shrink, can't she?
No. Her only natural abilities are her wings and pixie dust. Then later she can teleport  via magic and had a Soul dagger that was made when a bit of her soul was cut out of her. She has the ability to learn more magic, but hasnt yet in the comics.

Now in a alternate world she has the teleporting as one of her natural powers, not magic.

But no shrinkage

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Ember Star on April 02, 2014, 10:42:51 PM
No. Her only natural abilities are her wings and pixie dust. Then later she can teleport  via magic and had a Soul dagger that was made when a bit of her soul was cut out of her. She has the ability to learn more magic, but hasnt yet in the comics.

Now in a alternate world she has the teleporting as one of her natural powers, not magic.

But no shrinkage

Gotcha.  I looked her up when you first proposed her, but I obviously forgot what all she could do.  Stopped reading comics long before she was introduced.

Deathnote

Hmm... I'm considering playing as either Bobby Drake or Nate Summers (an amalgamation of Nate Grey and Nathan Summers).

arthenwel

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 02, 2014, 10:48:40 PM
Gotcha.  I looked her up when you first proposed her, but I obviously forgot what all she could do.  Stopped reading comics long before she was introduced.
I'm not a avid reader of comics myself. But somebody suggested a long time ago that I would like her and when I looked her up they were proven right. Lol. I've been considering playing her for a long time. But opportunity never lined up before.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Deathnote on April 02, 2014, 10:53:13 PM
Hmm... I'm considering playing as either Bobby Drake or Nate Summers (an amalgamation of Nate Grey and Nathan Summers).

Just a note: we're not ready for clones, time travelers, or people from the future yet.  This game universe is relatively young and you have to wait until season 2 or 3 before you start introducing people who can unravel the entire timeline.  :P

Also, if I have my way there will not be a Phoenix force introduced into this game.  Just sayin.  ;)

Ember Star

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 02, 2014, 11:01:53 PM
Also, if I have my way there will not be a Phoenix force introduced into this game.  Just sayin.  ;)
THANK YOU!

Honestly, I might be able to actually enjoy Jean without that damn Phoenix force. Hate that whole arc, main reason why I didnt like X-3

Deathnote

AribethAmkiir

GM Announcement

We're likely going to be closing recruitment within a day or so.  If you haven't posted interest, please post it.  Once recruitment is closed we won't be taking any more interested parties.

Those who have shown interest, please get your Character Sheets in.

Thanks,
~Your Friendly Neighborhood GM Staff

Batman4560

Hey I know we have been talking over PM's about my character but can I assume that I have been approved?