Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder) Recruitment Thread

Started by Pointless Digression, December 10, 2012, 05:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BraveEarth

Actually one of my biggest gripes about the oWoD system was the Appearance Stat.

Shjade

Okay, so, here's the numbers part. Do poke me if I left something out or did something wrong as I will not be at all surprised to hear it. x.x;

Luvata's dndsheet.

Long backstory/pitch post here.

The rundown:

Stats (dice):
STR 18
DEX 17 (15+2 for racial)
CON 16
INT 8
WIS 10
CHA 12

Race: Human  --  Class: Ranger (Skirmisher)
Alignment: Lawful Evil  --  Crime: Murder

Notable Skills - Rank+Mod+Misc (Total ranks: 8 -- +6 class -1 int mod +1 favored class +2 house rule)
Climb  -  1+4+3  =  +8
Intimidate  -  1+1+3  =  +5
Knowledge: Geography  -  1-1+3  =  +3
Knowledge: Nature  -  1-1+3  =  +3
Linguistics  -  1-1+0  =  0 (...just to mechanically legitimize knowing Yutak, honestly)
Perception  -  1+0+3  =  +4
Stealth  -  1+3+3  =  +7
Survival  -  1+0+3  =  +4

Feats/Abilities:
Favored Enemy: Humanoid (Human)
Favored Defense: Humanoid (Human)
Power Attack
Track
Wild Empathy
Heart of the Snows

And it occurs to me this may be the first character I've ever sketched out without actually providing a physical description at some point. Hunh.

Actually the picture I used for a general reference on her backstory page works pretty damn well now that she's a ranger instead of a monk, so I think I may as well just go with that. Average to shortish height; fairly pale (no face paint/tats though); full-bodied black hair which has no doubt been shorn down to a more manageable length during processing for imprisonment, lest she be hiding anything dangerous in it - say mid-back rather than that enormous mane in the visual. I can flesh out a more detailed description if desired, of course. Funny how it just hadn't occurred to me to write one up after deciding on that picture for a foundation though; that just doesn't usually happen to me.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: BraveEarth on December 14, 2012, 12:01:37 AM
Actually one of my biggest gripes about the oWoD system was the Appearance Stat.

"I'm pretty sure nWoD used a 'Presence' stat, which was much more all encompassing."

Quote from: Shjade on December 14, 2012, 12:06:35 AM
Okay, so, here's the numbers part. Do poke me if I left something out or did something wrong as I will not be at all surprised to hear it. x.x;

"I'll look at it in a sec."

EDIT: "At a glance, it looks fine, but I'm not the GM. I'll look it over again if you're confirmed (or even if you're not if you really want someone to make sure you didn't miss anything). However, I didn't see anything wrong so far."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Shjade

Pfft, don't sweat it if I'm not picked for the game. No reason to stress over a practice sheet in that case. ;p Thanks for the glance though!
◕/◕'s

ExisD

NWoD had high appearance be a merit you can buy that gave you bonuses to certain social rolls. I rather like how GURPS handled it because of how versatile the rules were.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"GURPS is too into nuance, I think abstraction is important in a system."

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: BraveEarth on December 14, 2012, 12:01:37 AM

One of my favorite things about it is the appearance stat.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Roketto

Anon315

I still don't see why it's three movies though, when the whole trilogy was only three movies. They seriously couldn't fit The Hobbit into two?

ManyMindsManyVoices

Quote from: Anon315 on December 14, 2012, 11:56:44 AM
I still don't see why it's three movies though, when the whole trilogy was only three movies. They seriously couldn't fit The Hobbit into two?

"Money. Though, honestly, it's not like the LotR trilogy is so much filled with story as it is with lots of descriptions of crap."

Anon315

Perhaps, but do you honestly believe they couldn't have done it in two? I mean they only split one harry potter book into two movies. I'm just too old to do those 18-hour-lets-watch-all-six-movies marathons anymore.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Again, money... That's generally what it boils down to..."

Tydorei

That Last Minute Submission!
Step 1: Pitch
I'm making a half-orc bard. Yeah, half orc. She will have a high charisma, so she is very pretty (without having the pass for human feat) and exotic. I'm thinking, she tried to extort a wealthy client of hers. And getting thrown in jail is to get her out of his hair, least she tells his dirty laundry.

Step 2, Ability Scores
Two methods to choose from. The first is a simple 25 point buy. It's challenging being a villain with the whole world against you.

The second is adapted from a house rule of my old tabletop group. Choose one ability score at which you excel. You receive an 18 in that score. Choose another ability score that is your character's biggest deficiency. You receive an 8 in that score. For the other four scores, roll 3d4+5 four times and assign them to your ability scores in order, then apply racial modifiers.. There are no rerolls or moving of ability score.

Mathematically, this method is stronger on average than a 25-point character. It compensates for this strength by making scores slightly random. Randomness will never completely hamstring a character the way it might have in some editions of D&D (since you can't get lower than an 8) and never gives them an ability score greater than their strongest attribute (since you can never beat that initial 18).

Therefore, your wizard might have a high Dexterity and Charisma as well as having a high Intelligence and a low Strength. My old group found that this tends to create slightly more interesting, unusual, and diverse characters. If the randomness and potential for character inequality bothers you, you can always use the point buy instead.

Step 3, Race
Half-Orc
City-Raised Half-orcs with this trait know little of their orc ancestry and were raised among humans and other half-orcs in a large city. City-raised half-orcs are proficient with whips and longswords, and receive a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (local) checks. This racial trait replaces weapon familiarity.

Sacred Tattoo Many half-orcs decorate themselves with tattoos, piercings, and ritual scarification, which they consider sacred markings. Half-orcs with this racial trait gain a +1 luck bonus on all saving throws. This racial trait replaces orc ferocity.

Scavenger Some half-orcs eke out a leaving picking over the garbage heaps of society, and must learn to separate rare finds from the inevitable dross. Half-orcs with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks and on Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine whether food is spoiled, or identify a potion by taste. This racial trait replaces the intimidating trait.

Skilled Second- and third-generation half-orcs often favor their human heritage more than their orc heritage. Half-orcs with this trait gain 1 additional skill rank per level. This racial trait replaces darkvision.

Step 4, Class
Bard

Going for support/buffer and controller. Not sure which archetypes i will get just yet.

Step 5, Skills and Feats
House rule: characters get two more skill points per level. The PCs will be on their own for much of the campaign and will have a difficulty relying on others for skills.

Step 6, Starting equipment
Bard without a musical instrument.

Step 7, Finishing Touches

Roketto

It's a trilogy because they're going into the events of The Silmarillion, as well as the events of The Hobbit.  They're breaking it up by doing the history of the Dwarves and the adventure (most of the way) to Lonely Mountain, then the rest of that trip and the defeat of Smaug, and after that they go into the Battle of Five Armies.

Pointless Digression

In just under three hours, I'm going to declare the submission period closed, and fill our remaining two slots. I'd like everyone to put their character sheets up under the thread I created for the purpose.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=160152.0

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Pointless Digression on December 14, 2012, 03:08:03 PM
In just under three hours, I'm going to declare the submission period closed, and fill our remaining two slots. I'd like everyone to put their character sheets up under the thread I created for the purpose.

My minion hasn't said a word and no one else is jumping at the opportunity to take up the slack. So as much as I like both the game concept and my character. I withdraw. Have fun guys ^_~
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Since you want us to post the sheets ourselves, you should insist no one post anything else in that thread and make another OOC thread for talking. That way all the sheets are on the front page and if we ever get a new player or character, they can just post there and not be drowned in OOC chatter."

Pointless Digression

Sorry, missed what you said. I was too busy with the OOC thread for the game I started yesterday.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=160099.0

Anon315

Two slots. One hour remaining. There can be only two! *hopes*

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Kdyami, were you accepted? That thread is for character sheets of accepted players."

Kdyami

Quote from: Pointless Digression on December 14, 2012, 03:08:03 PM

Nope I followed directions he said "everyone" put character sheets up.  So I put mine up.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Oh, hmm... I wonder if that's what he meant?"

Shjade

It isn't. It's for confirmed characters.

I PM'd him to ask when I first saw the post. >.>;
◕/◕'s

Pointless Digression

Quote from: Shjade on December 14, 2012, 06:55:01 PM
It isn't. It's for confirmed characters.

I PM'd him to ask when I first saw the post. >.>;

Yes. I'm sorry I didn't make that more explicit.

Pointless Digression

I've made my decision. It was not an easy call to make, and I ended up passing over characters I thought would have fit in really well. Please accept my sincerest appreciation for the work you put in and the contributions you made.

The final group will consist of Joslyn (Juliette Bloodcrown), Ryuka Tana (Janus), Roketto   (Jhonan Thanatos Leroung),
ExisD (Rosita), Ershin   (Madeline Sonata), and TheRaven (Azat Vergia).