News:

Main Menu

Geeks are best in bed

Started by Vekseid, May 26, 2009, 03:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/article2439786.ece

QuoteWhile computer nerds are obviously good at IT, what we didn't realise is that they're good at "it" too.

An anonymous study of 2,000 British men and women concluded that out of all jobs, computer geeks make the best lovers.

They were found to be the most selfless in the sack, the most adventurous and more likely to use love gadgets.

Seventy-eight per cent of techies that were questioned also claimed that sex toys were part of their love life.

Greenthorn

This is why I want a geek in my bed!!

The Overlord

:D

Gamer girl geeks...female Trekkies...OL is taking applications.

GolGol

Ha! I knew was good at something! :p Now, I just need to find someone to practise with...
My game ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75040.0

Ons and Offs, the updated list,  and pictures. Updated 29/10: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4506

Discord: Plasmapudding#3339

Jag

"Jocks only think about sports, nerds only think about sex."
                          -Lewis, Revenge of the Nerds (1884)
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Gunslinger

mannik

Kinda makes sense...a lot of geeks develop self confidence issues at some point, which would increase the likelyhood of using toys on their partner, simply for the subconscious fear of not being good enough...that, and geeks like electronics.

They would be the most selfless for the same reason. To compensate for their self confidence issues.

They don't do it as often...again, likely because of self confidence issues. I doubt it has to do much with stamina as the article suggests. The jocks and personal trainers would have had the most confidence in themselves and their bodies and so could more easily approach a woman and arrange something.

I mean, seriously, what sort of line does a geek really have..."Hey, baby...can I route my Cat-5 cable to your ethernet hub?"

The Overlord

Quote from: mannik on May 27, 2009, 01:02:03 PM
Kinda makes sense...a lot of geeks develop self confidence issues at some point, which would increase the likelyhood of using toys on their partner, simply for the subconscious fear of not being good enough...that, and geeks like electronics.

Not just electronics I suspect...based on what I see on E and related sites, I heavily suspect a large portion of the gamer geek crowd would go for something more than vanilla.

I mean, hell, look at the stuff a lot of us write...stands to reason if we haven't tried it IRL, we're likely to experiment. Not to get all uppity here, but I've long known gamers and fanboys/girls to have a more expansive mind than the common populace.

elenisil

They would be the most selfless for the same reason. To compensate for their self confidence issues.

They don't do it as often...again, likely because of self confidence issues. I doubt it has to do much with stamina as the article suggests. The jocks and personal trainers would have had the most confidence in themselves and their bodies and so could more easily approach a woman and arrange something.

I mean, seriously, what sort of line does a geek really have..."Hey, baby...can I route my Cat-5 cable to your ethernet hub?"

Give me a geek over a jock anyday. The jocks I've know are totally self absorbed jerks who think they are gods gift and half the time their equipement is below par lol

Besides who wants a vanilla jerk who won't experiment?

The Overlord

Neferus Andolini

Quote from: The Overlord on May 27, 2009, 05:39:22 PM
Not just electronics I suspect...based on what I see on E and related sites, I heavily suspect a large portion of the gamer geek crowd would go for something more than vanilla.

I mean, hell, look at the stuff a lot of us write...stands to reason if we haven't tried it IRL, we're likely to experiment. Not to get all uppity here, but I've long known gamers and fanboys/girls to have a more expansive mind than the common populace.

I would go along with this post if this were a community of gamers, some of whom just happened to have some sexual discussions, instead of a community of sexual deviants, some of whom happen to play games. :P

The Overlord

You say deviant like it was a bad thing.

Deviant means anomalous, atypical, exceptional....to assume deviant is wrong is making the premise that mainstream or vanilla is correct.

I happen not to share this view...just because more people agree on something only makes it more mainstream. It doesn't necessarily make it correct; once you get a movement, it's all too easy for the good little sheep and lemmings to fall in line and 'realize' it's a good thing.

Neferus Andolini

Actually, I wasn't saying that being a deviant was wrong.

What I was saying was that looking at a group of people who are together because they like sexual fantasies of all kinds, and then saying that because there are no jocks in the group then obviously those who use computers are kinkier.. is just plain bad math. :P

Gunslinger

Anyone read 'The Game' by Neil Strauss, one my fav books. It talks about the story of style and 'Mystery' from TV show the pick up artist.

Basically a bunch of geeks, and nerds transform themselves in to amazing lovers or 'pick up artists'... grr I hate the 'pick up artist' or 'player' labels.

elenisil

Quote from: The Overlord on May 27, 2009, 11:05:29 PM
You say deviant like it was a bad thing.

Deviant means anomalous, atypical, exceptional....to assume deviant is wrong is making the premise that mainstream or vanilla is correct.

I happen not to share this view...just because more people agree on something only makes it more mainstream. It doesn't necessarily make it correct; once you get a movement, it's all too easy for the good little sheep and lemmings to fall in line and 'realize' it's a good thing.

Different strokes for different folks. Those that choose the 'vanilla' lifestyle more power to them if it floats their boat.

I happen to lean the opposite way, I am in no form, shape or fashion vanilla. So much so that it prompted my sister to ask our mom if she was sure she had brought the right baby home from the hospital after I was born *grins*

The Overlord

Quote from: Neferus Andolini on May 27, 2009, 11:14:45 PM
Actually, I wasn't saying that being a deviant was wrong.

What I was saying was that looking at a group of people who are together because they like sexual fantasies of all kinds, and then saying that because there are no jocks in the group then obviously those who use computers are kinkier.. is just plain bad math. :P

Not necessarily bad math IMO, at least an unproven formula, and one that is likely missing some integers.

Oniya

In either case, the population that you'd be basing your statistics on is highly biased.  (*debates bringing in talk of standard deviations ;D*)

Floppy drives to hard drives; uploading; being virus-free...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Doomsday

Freak in the bed? More like 'geek' in the bed.

Onica

Actually... I've always found fishermen were best in bed. I'd give geeks a close second.

Indigo

Speaking from a viewpoint which directly relates with the main object that this post refers to, and it's reference therein concerning that object, I must concure.

^-^

;D

;)

Doomsday

Quote from: Indigo on June 05, 2009, 11:05:21 PM
Speaking from a viewpoint which directly relates with the main object that this post refers to, and it's reference therein concerning that object, I must concure.

^-^

;D

;)

Concur*

*outgeeked*

*runs*

Mathim

Wow, it's not just me that's like that? Selfless in bed, adventurous and using love gadgets...I didn't think so many like me fit all those descriptions. Being a nerd rocks! Good thing my girl's a nerd too, so I get as good as I give!
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Elayne

Quote from: Gunslinger on May 27, 2009, 11:24:44 PM
Anyone read 'The Game' by Neil Strauss, one my fav books. It talks about the story of style and 'Mystery' from TV show the pick up artist.

Basically a bunch of geeks, and nerds transform themselves in to amazing lovers or 'pick up artists'... grr I hate the 'pick up artist' or 'player' labels.

I actually did read The Game in one of my psychology classes as an example of (attempted) psychology in action.  And I actually have Game story I can tell you.

I went to school in Toronto and worked as a bartender while there.  One night, this guy in a big fluffy hat came in and started hitting on me and the other bartender, Alexa.  He made a big show of flirting with Alexa, then surprised me by asking for my number.  I said no. 

Then my bouncer walked over and said "Hey, that guy there was Mr. E."

I think about two months later, I saw him in a club (the Docks) trying to pick up university girls and they all just bounced because he was kind of creepy about it.

Basically, what I'm saying is, those books are mostly egotistical crap written by sleazyish guys to prey on desperate guys.

As far as geeks in bed, the problem isn't geeks in bed.  The problem is getting a geek INTO bed, since a geek will pretty much never ask you out and is usually vaguely arrogant about how he shouldn't have to ask a girl out.
"Writing is like prostitution. First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money." -Moliere

Andy

thats because we are scared to get into a unknown situation..

Yes im a GEEK
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

ShrowdedPoet

I'm more a nerd girl....but geeks are ok too.  I don't go for jocks or vanilla.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs