Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure: Interest Check (Closed-See recruitment thread.)

Started by Prosak, November 27, 2017, 04:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosak

There is a recruitment thread now! This thread is no longer necessary. Please follow the following link to the official recruitment page:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279027.msg13718764#msg13718764

Hey there everyone. Just seeing if any one is interested in some Jojo fanfare lately, like I am ;) . I started writing a Jojo's story in the solo writing corner of our home away from home. And it got me to thinking, A Jojo's style group rp would be fantastic fun! Im more then willing to gm an adventure and would love to see if anyone else would be interested to hop on board this Bizarre crazy train and see what kind of adventures we can get into. I as of currently, have no real synopses to provide. Mainly because I want us to set up some characters first and then decide together on a theme, setting, kind of story line we want. For the most part this is player fueled, I will provide a direction and obstacles as well as enemy stand users/stands to deal with but it is ultimately a story we all forge together. I want everyone to help fuel a discussion where we decide on the setting and timeline etc. (Which is why I ommited backgrounds from Character sheets, as it is impossible to make a background without deciding on the setting it'self yet.) So this can potentially be a Steam Punk reality, post apocalyptic reality, take place in the far off sci fi future, 1930's/40's gangster New York, medieval times or perhaps even the Ancient world! (in locations such as ancient Rome, Carthage, Egypt etc.) As soon as we have these things decided, I can start a official recruitment thread and we can actually get the show on the road. However I am not coming in empty handed as there are a few things to get in order:

1:This will not take place in the Phantom Blood universe nor the Steel Ball Run universe. For all intent's and purposes our story will exist in it's own timeline bubble. That way we don't have to worry about Araki's main canon and can have all the creative freedom that we want. So for the sake of simple brevity, we will call this: The Role Play Universe. Or rather, the Eliquiy Universe.

2: While the role of Jojo is open for anyone who wants to fill it. I encourage creativity. So, id prefer either an original Jojo or if any previous Jojo's are to be used switch it up within this reality. For example, a gender swapped Joseph Joestar.

3:There will not be Hamon or The Spin. But there will be a new form of this mystical energy for our reality. (Yet to be named of coarse as ideas are open for anyone to contribute.) :D

4:Characters from Previous chapters are more then welcome to make appearances in our universe, but again I encourage originality. Either OC's, or if one is used change them up a bit.

5: I will accept any number of applicants but I do require a minimum of 4 to start.

Setting: My personal vote is 1930's/40's.

1930/40's: 1
Steam Punk : 1 vote.
Modern: 3 Vote's

Character Sheet's:

[float=right][img height=300][/img][/float]
[i][b]Name:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Age:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Gender:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Personality:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Stand Name:[/b][/i] Do try to keep it in the theme of Music or Fashion. Though the use of Tarrot Cards is acceptable seeing as this is our own reality. (Please link the song the Stand is named after, if it is named after a song. ^^ )

[i][b]Stand Stat's:[/b][/i] Destructive Power:  Speed:  Range:  Durability:  Precision:  Development Potential: (Stats can be anything you want really as these stats are not always acurate to a stands actual power or viability, a stand with straight D's can be as if not more dangerous then a stand with consistent B's.)

[i][b]Stand Type:[/b][/i] Ability type followed by what their form type is. This is the link listing them in the official wiki : http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand_Types . A example: Long Range, Artificial Humanoid, Sentient Stand. Which means it is a stand who's power is long ranged, appears as a humanoid machine or artificial being and has it's own sentient thought. Or: Close Range, Non Humanoid. A stand who's power works close range and has a non human apearance such as a drone, animal or beast.

[i][b]Stand Appearance:[/b][/i] Description, or picture if you have one you think works for a stand.

[i][b]Stand Personality:[/b][/i] If applicable. Some stands can have a personality independent from the user while others may not.

[i][b]Stand's Power:[/b][/i] Try to be original, or if it is a existing power make a interesting spin on it. Do remember to give it interesting quirk's, limit's, requirements or set backs. Time based stands are strictly prohibited. Sorry but these types are severely overpowered and typically end up being a main villain power.

Non Stand User sheet:

[float=right][img height=300][/img][/float]
[i][b]Name:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Age:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Gender:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Personality:[/b][/i]

Prosak

Using a character concept I had for my solo story, as an example of what it should basically look like.

(Note: This character will be a non combative character. As the GM, I want to steer away from characters who can fight, as to not encourage me to take out enemies for you.)
(Much is subject to change depending on the setting we decide to have.)
Name: Jacob Barn's (Subject to Change)

Personality: (TBD)

Stand Name: Radar Love !!!

Stand Stat's: Destructive Power:D  Speed:C  Range:B  Durability:C  Precision:D  Development Potential:B

Stand Type: Long Range, Automatic, Artificial Humanoid.

Stand Appearance: A short stand, roughly around 4 feet tall. It's main body is yellow, with white indent's tracing down it's arm's in a straight line. And a White indent surrounding it's neck, much like a choker or collar. It appears to be a robotic humanoid, with a silver antenna on the top of it's head. The antenna end's with a silver sphere. With the slight hint of what appears to be a green light rotating within said sphere.

Stand Personality: N/A

Stand's Power:A automatic stand with the ability to sense/scan it's area relaying basic information within a 50 meter radius to the user. This gives the user a natural sense of direction and knowledge of where living being's are. However he does not get detailed information on living beings within the radios, imagine a radar screen with blip's. Except it works within your minds eye and relays the information seamlessly into your head. The only thing Radar love can scan in extreme detail is the layout of a city, building or area. Allowing it's user to never be lost. (In theory.)

Batman4560

I love me some Jo-Jo's. I'll be putting a character sheet up soon!

ON a side note I think having a setting at the very least will help garner more interest in things, so that might be something you want to figure out as the GM. I'd really like to see a Steampunk sort of setting as I think it lends itself to the Jojo's mythos but I'm open to anything really.

Prosak

Of coarse, and I am aware. Just running the risk is all lol.  Since this is mainly a interest check, not an official recruitment. So if some one wanted to put their hat in the ring and help with ideas they don't have to necessarily play. And world building is a fun game in and of it'self, much like with making a character. I can decide on things myself if not very many show interest in world building, but I thought I would extend the option to help with world building for the time being. Edit: In essence because this is just an interest check, once a setting and such has been decided we will make the official recruitment thread. So if people want to wait until the rp is fully realized, that is ok to. :)

pdragon

I'd definitely be interested in this. I think I'd be more inclined towards a more modern setting, though I can go with anything, though I'd need to know what the actual setting is going to be before coming up with a character idea.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Prosak

Thats fine, this is just the interest check so there is no rush to making a character or anything, I only put it up to get it essentially out of the way. If that makes any sense. (Just a copy paste away when placed in the recruitment thread.) An way I am glad to have your interest. I will put up your vote for a modern setting up there.

ZincStandard

Sono chi no sadame...

*inhales*

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO!

*ahem* Yeah, I'm up for this ::)  I'd second the suggestion of a modern setting--just seems most natural to me, if we're going for Stands.  Also allows me to roll with the character idea I have, which I won't get too far into yet, but I will say their Stand's name is Arcade Fire, make of that what you will.

Prosak

Awesome, vote has been added. ^^ . And that is a good Band. Did Wake Up right? Showed up in Where the Wild things are. :)   (Edit: Accidentally said song at first :P lol.)

Gateman

Love Jojo, but still new to the series and kinda behind, so I'm glad this is gonna be in a bubble continuity. Here's my character

Name: Richard Garriot

Personality: Richard is an odd one. Introverted and asocial, but longing for approval and companionship. A pacifist by nature, his stand, Inkspot, originally developed as a means for him to escape dangerous situations. Later, he used it to become a sort of sordid individual, using his gift to eavesdrop unnoticed by others and figuring out suitable uses for the information to his own advantage later. Still, he is a lonely, deeply troubled individual, the kind that is just as likely to recruited by a cult as he is to become a productive member of society. There is still hope that he'll turn out good, if he can find the right people to guide him.

Stand Name: Inkspot

Stand Stat's: Destructive Power: D  Speed: D  Range: A Durability: A  Precision: A  Development Potential: B

Stand Type: Long distance, Integrated stand
Stand Appearance: Inkspot takes on the appearance of a
Geometric tattoo
over Gideon's heart. While his stand is active, the cracks spread out further and become darker, while the main body of the tattoo becomes solid black.

Stand Personality: None. Inkspot is not sentient or aware. Any control or actions taken by it must be initiated by Richard himself.

Stand's Power: Inkspot takes over Gideon's shadow, keeping the basic shape it has when activated, though it can change at any time. While it cannot interact with the world directly, Gideon can use it to travel between his shadow and another, and vice versa, with ease. So long as he can see the shadow, he can use it as a doorway. Along with himself, he can bring anything or anyone he is touching through the shadows as well.

schnookums

Ooh, so super tempted by this. And yes, nerd that I am, I had already had ideas for stands, although I'd have to ditch my initial idea as being way too similar to Prosak's stand idea.

Prosak

And, no need schnookums, Radar love is not actually going to be used. I made him for my solo story im writing here on the boards and picked him for this as well, but  shortly before your comment I decided to use Radar love only in my solo story as not to have the same character in 2 stories. So your fine with your original concept if you still want to use it. ^^

Prosak

Any way, Glad to see both of your interest!

Gatemen: Yep, I mainly wanted to use a different reality, because of people who are only familiar with the anime side of Jojo since the anime is not up to date on the Manga, as well the Manga plays with the idea of ulternate realities any way making this a natural choice. :) .

Gateman

I'd vote modern, just because I have an easier time writing it than I do historical stuff

Prosak

Awesome, vote is added Gateman. Glad to see so much interest! We have more then enough people then I wanted to start, but am open to much more joining. Im thinking we can start an actual recruitment thread soon, seeing as though modern is the most popular we will probably that, but I do want to hold out a little longer and see what people think. (Opinions can change.) Though Modern also feel's natural to me, despite my current feeling for doing a 1940's setting. Also, here is my idea for this realities version of Hamon or the Spin, feel free to give opinions:

Bōlàng de fāngshì: Otherwise called Hilàng. In an English translation it is called The way of the Wave, or put simply, The Wave. A mystical art that in this world has originated in China, shortly before the Warring State's Period, in roughly 474 BC. It is a art form that start's with the user exerting themselves by moving in fluid dance like motion's designed to build up friction and kinetic force's within their body. Utilizing one's Qi (Or spirit) they generate this wave of pure kinetic energy that is focused to their open palm's. Once Wave energy has been built up, it appears as a blue energy emitting from the user's open palm. When static, the blue and transparent energy flows around the user's hands in a wave like motion, moving forward's and backwards away and towards their hand.  Once used on a targeted object or person the energy flows through them in a circular pulse wave  ( 2 ). Wave energy can be emitted from long range or for more potency used in point blank contact. The name come's from the dance like fluidity of the user's movement's, accompanied by the waving blue energy emitting from their palms.

Applications: Energy built up using The Wave can be used to disrupt a target's natural Qi flow, with a simple palm strike unwary or weak willed individuals are rendered unconscious. Wave energy it's self is a state of pure motion, this motion of energy can be projected onto a target like waves of pure kinetic power, hurling the target away or even having enough kinetic force to blast holes into steel. This wave of motion can also accelerate or decelerate the physical state of being. All living being's are in a constant state of motion and friction. Wave energy can slow down or accelerate this natural state of perpetual movement for untold applications. Including, the ability to accelerate a humans healing process, healing them instantaneously and even beyond natural ability. It is even believed, not confirmed, that legendary miracle healer's throughout history have used The Way of The Wave to perform their holy feats.

Id be npc'ing a Zepeli who appears as the Wave user of our story. A roaming hermit by the name of Alessandro Zepeli. However, if some one else wants that role they are more then welcomed to it.

pdragon

since we're starting to narrow down on the setting a bit I figured I'd put up my character idea.

Name: Mariko Yano

Personality: In her prime Mariko was an eccentric, outgoing tomboy with a love of action flicks and combat sports that allowed her to very easily adapt to the conflicts that came with the development of her stand. Not only did she turn out to have a surprisingly sharp mind for battle (she was known as a bit of a weirdo/airhead at the time), she also turned out to be quite terrifying when angered, earning her a reputation among the other users of her generation for being a truly frightening foe. However 15 years of marriage and 10 years of motherhood have mellowed her out considerably, Mariko having settled into the quiet and comfortable life of a housewife. Nowadays she uses her stand more to assist with chores than for battle, and the only terror she instills is in her husband and son whenever they misbehave. While she's mostly adopted a "motherly" personality now: kind, patient, nurturing and supportive, some of her old quirks have remained. She still loves watching mma and wrestling, as well as binging action movies, and bits of her old pouty stubbornness can show through when things don't quite go her way. She also sometimes operates under a kind of logic and reasoning that only she seems to really understand, confounding her family immensely.

Stand Name: Single Ladies

Stand Stat's: Destructive Power: A 
Speed: C
Range: C 
Durability: B
Precision: B 
Development Potential: D

Stand Type: Close-Range Humanoid

Stand Appearance:
Single Ladies manifests as a tall, hulking humanoid man, with the physique and aesthetic of a professional wrestler. In addition to it's normal limbs it has 4 large tentacles protruding from its back, granting it a deceptively larger range than it first appears. It's body is lined with glowing yellow "suckers" that seem to be what channels it's ability. The strangest aspect of it's appearance is its clearly masculine nature, despite Mariko being a woman, which is believed to be due to her tomboyish tendencies when her stand first manifested.

Stand Personality: None, Single Ladies has no autonomy though will sometimes let out grunts and a unique stand cry.

Stand's Power: Single Ladies' power allows it to use the fluids secreted from it's suckers to make things either incredibly slippery, to the point of being almost impossible to keep a hold of, or incredibly sticky, to the point of being near inseparable from anything that touches it, though with her level of control Mariko is able to adjust the potency of the effect to be less extreme if needed. To apply this effect Single Ladies must physically touch the object in question, and upon making contact the effect will apply to the entire surface area of whatever was touched. While the object in question will appear to be lightly "coated" in the sticky/slick fluid, there is no actual act of "spreading" the fluid across the object, and the properties of the fluid will be applied to the entire surface of the object instantaneously. Thusly the fluid cannot be stopped from affecting the entirety of an object prematurely, nor can is be washed off through conventional means. The effect can only be stopped by Mariko remotely canceling the ability herself, the stand/user being incapacitated to the point they cannot maintain the ability, or through effects that can inherently cancel out a stand's ability.

While there is no conventional time limit for how long the stand's effect can maintain, Mariko simply has to posses enough stand power to continue maintaining it, it is limited to only affecting one object at a time, and as soon as Single Ladies touches another object the previously affected object will lose the effect on it. Also only one version of the fluid can be used at a time, and it's not possible to remotely switch between the two, meaning if she wanted to switch an object's property from sticky to slick she would have to make contact again and reapply the effect. The object affected by Single Ladies' ability must also be one solid object or surface, meaning the effect cannot be "chained" across multiple objects that happen to be touching each other.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

ZincStandard

Well, I still want to hold off on detailing my character fully until I know more about the concept for the game (location, main conflict, etc.), but the basic idea I had in mind is someone in the mould of Koichi or Kakyoin--a quiet, thoughtful young man, not the most socially adept, but determined to do whatever good he can with his powers.  If this were a real JoJo arc, he'd probably show up as an enemy at first due to not understanding the heroes' motives and believing they were in the wrong, but once defeated he'd swiftly come around.

His Stand, though, I can do now.

Stand Name: Arcade Fire

Stand Stats:
Strength A
Speed A
Range D
Durability C
Precision C
Potential E

Stand Type: Close-range humanoid

Stand Appearance: Arcade Fire takes the form of a slender humanoid figure of masculine build, with light blue skin and dark hair in a backswept spiked style.  Its eyes are obscured by red-lensed goggles, and it wears close-fit red and blue clothes reminiscent of a mix between a martial artist and a biker, with a bright red scarf that trails behind it impressively as it moves.

Stand Personality: None.  Arcade Fire has no autonomy, and does not speak.

Stand Ability: Videographic projection.  Arcade Fire can enter video screens and interact with the spaces shown on them.  To enter a screen, it must be powered on, and it must be showing an existing space in real time through a connection to a camera; this connection has no limit on distance, so, for example, if a TV is showing a live broadcast from the other side of the world, Arcade Fire can enter it to interact with things at that location.

To send Arcade Fire into a screen, the user must touch it.  Arcade Fire then shrinks down and disappears into the image--while in this form, it is physically inside the image, leaving the user's side.  The user can then control the Stand in the same way as any similar close-range Stand, but at a range potentially far extended depending on the location shown on the screen.  Within the image, Arcade Fire can move freely to any visible point.  Since it exists within the image, rather than in the real location, it can only be seen by looking at the screen, rather than the space it would actually be occupying.  Those attacked by Arcade Fire through this ability will appear to be hit by an invisible opponent; objects touched will seem to be moved by an unseen force.  However, Arcade Fire can be touched and affected physically in the real location, so if an enemy manages to discern its position by non-visual means, they can attack it normally.  Injuries inflicted this way are shared by the user, as with most Stands of this type.  Since Arcade Fire only exists inside the particular screen it entered, it will not show up on any other cameras directed at its location.

If the screen loses power or connection to a camera while Arcade Fire is inside, it will immediately return to the user's side.  If the screen is damaged, Arcade Fire will experience the damage--for example, a crack that crosses Arcade Fire's location in the image will appear on the Stand's body, injuring it.  If the screen switches to show a feed from a different camera, Arcade Fire will be transported instantly to the newly shown location.

Prosak

I love both powers a lot actually. Arcade fire has an interesting premise that is extremely limited but very dangerous under the right applications. Single Ladies tentacles gives it, in my opinion a strong advantage in close range and while Mariko's stand can only use it's ability on one surface at a time it still gives her good battle field control. Mariko is accepted and Arcade Fire is accepted as an ability.

Gateman

Huh, Arcade Fire kinda reminds me of the Hanged Man stand. Just replace screens with reflective surfaces.

Are we going to be able to have our characters learn The Wave? Or maybe have learned it before the start somehow? If so, I can see my character's combat ability going up quite a bit...

Andol

OH MY GOSH, CAN I JOIN UP? I mean I love Jojos so much... favorite parts where 6 and 4, but that is because Jolyne and Kira/Killer Queen where my favorite characters. Also when you mean independent stand, do you mean something like Sex Pistols who where sentient. Because I thought the concept was so cute I had a different way of doing it for my character's stand... you know where they talk to it and it can talk back... well having their own dialog like the little guys did.

Prosak

Andol: Of coarse man! Your more then welcome to join. We are still in a small bit of the planning stages though so do please bare with me on that. Im coming up with a possible modern location for this all to take place right now though. :) . And sentient stand types are pretty much any stand with it's own personality and or conscious separate from it's user. I think the best example is Hey'Ya from Steel Ball Run. But yes, I think so. Sex Pistol's may not be listed as a Sentient type, but neither is Hey Ya, which is listed as an uncontrollable stand.

Gateman: That's actually a good comparison, but that's fine. Even Araki makes new stand users who can be comparable or similar to previous users. It's all about a new creative spin on them mainly. Case in point, Kira's stand Killer Queen and Oyecomova's stand, Boku no Rhythm wo Kiitekure (Or otherwise: Oye Como Va, Mi Ritmo.) They are similar but have enough differences to be unique to one another. IE; Killer Queen makes anything it touches a bomb that can be detonated while Oye Como Va, Mi Ritmo uses small pin's topped like clocks that he inserts into almost anything, which act like time bombs.

The Wave would be something introduced early on, that none of the characters should be familiar with. It is a secret mystical art like Ripple or Spin and is rare to come across. However I am not apposed to some characters learning how to use it. Provided they earn Alessandro's trust, as not just anyone can learn the Wave and Alessandro is pretty 'reserved; shall we say about teaching people.

Andol

Oh and don't forgot Foo Fighters...  ;) She takes Sentient stand to a whole new level. Also I am in the middle of Steel Ball Run so I haven't gotten to Hey'Ya. No just finished the whole 'Real Mans World' thing... with the Stand Marmon that could reset time 6 second on the dot. I am curious if that would be considered Time Control in the same sense as King Crimson and The World... I mean yeah it controlled time, but the whole exact limit on it made it way more interesting.

Also is it ok if my character has the same problem to overcome as Johnny, and so he uses his Stand to make up for it. Plus what he knows about medications and things in order to make such fighting less painful. Then again he could also at the same time be a bit of a masochistic to so it doesn't bother him. I mean I am starting to think everyone in Jojos is to an extent. They love that walk it off cure.

Name: Charles Castex

Personality: Distant and cold, in a world where your best friend is something no one else can see, how does one not go a little mad sometimes. Unforgiven is there, Charles see her, but no one else does. So that is where his story truly begins, when the one against world becomes two, oh what mischief can they get up together. Already the ideas testing chemicals and developing news anesthetics/poisons where at the top of his list, now he has the most interesting friend too hold his test tubes and ask him five millions questions which one he may not have thought of. Including of a few new delivery systems… oh she can be a clever girl sometimes. Yes that thing he whispers to and then only claims to be muttering to himself when caught. Sure it may mean a rather peaceful life, but at least it is not a lonely one.

However, it is not his quite life he is trying to defend; it is the thing that takes away his loneliness… Unforgiven. Charles is hesitant to even use her to defend him if he can help it, such his protective nature. That is why he tries so hard to make more anesthetics, that are better than the last… to find peaceful solutions to fighting, and so he doesn’t have to kill anyone. Maybe that was the other reason that he prefers to not let her out of the proverbial bag, because he does worry that dear beloved Stand might go too far.   

Stand Name: Unforgiven

Stand Stat's: Destructive Power: B  Speed: A  Range: B  Durability: A  Precision: B  Development Potential: E
Stand Type: An Automatic, Sentient, Humanoid Control Based stand

Stand Appearance: The stand is humanoid in appearance, wearing a dark black dress, and has 6 tentacles coming out of its back, and two out of its shoulder. Its arms are covered in black gloves that come almost all the way to its shoulder and between them and its dress is a pale skin with a wet glistening appearance. A stringy mop of black hair runs down to its chest, completely covering over a face that is devoid of anything. To look into it gives a sensation off an abyss except when smiles with a Cheshire Cat grin, suddenly revealing a mouth lined with razor sharp teeth.   

Stand Personality: While Unforgiven isn't known much to say things to others unless Charles is in danger and outside of her help, she does constantly give off a very protective vibe, shifting between that of a mothering creature and a pseudo-Yandare, she has given her user the sense of safety/peaceful life that she thinks he wants and needs. Arms curled over Charles shoulder, whispering observations in his ear, while gazing forward with that blank face. To be able to get near her user, is normally a matter of over her dead body, at Charles orders, or because she trust them... which for the last to happen first is quite the special event.   

Stand's Power: This Stand has the ability to control objects whose shadow that its user has touched, or that it has touched. As well as people injured with one of its tentacles, though it is limited to one person per tentacle, and allows their bodies to be moved like a marionette by taking over the shadow inside much like a fish on a hook. It does though leave their mental state untouched.

It also has the power for one of its tentacles on its back to dive into its users shadow and out of another person’s shadow, but only under the condition that its user has touched the other person directly and its user shadow has had contact with the other persons shadow as well.

It is also able to use this same ability on its user, by hooking its hands into him, it can move them both from the top of one shadow to another shadow very quickly with its tentacles. By manipulating the shadows in Charles body, it can also allow him to walk again when he needs to, though not without some damage even after quite a bit of time to practice.     

Gateman

Quote from: Prosak on November 30, 2017, 03:43:25 PM
Andol: Of coarse man! Your more then welcome to join. We are still in a small bit of the planning stages though so do please bare with me on that. Im coming up with a possible modern location for this all to take place right now though. :) . And sentient stand types are pretty much any stand with it's own personality and or conscious separate from it's user. I think the best example is Hey'Ya from Steel Ball Run. But yes, I think so. Sex Pistol's may not be listed as a Sentient type, but neither is Hey Ya, which is listed as an uncontrollable stand.

Gateman: That's actually a good comparison, but that's fine. Even Araki makes new stand users who can be comparable or similar to previous users. It's all about a new creative spin on them mainly. Case in point, Kira's stand Killer Queen and Oyecomova's stand, Boku no Rhythm wo Kiitekure (Or otherwise: Oye Como Va, Mi Ritmo.) They are similar but have enough differences to be unique to one another. IE; Killer Queen makes anything it touches a bomb that can be detonated while Oye Como Va, Mi Ritmo uses small pin's topped like clocks that he inserts into almost anything, which act like time bombs.

The Wave would be something introduced early on, that none of the characters should be familiar with. It is a secret mystical art like Ripple or Spin and is rare to come across. However I am not apposed to some characters learning how to use it. Provided they earn Alessandro's trust, as not just anyone can learn the Wave and Alessandro is pretty 'reserved; shall we say about teaching people.

oh, I didn't mean it as a bad thing. HM was one of my favorite stands, and I still think the power style can be amazing. It's neat to see people turn an objectively weak power -Harvest comes to mind- being made powerful through skilled application. Hell, that's what I was trying to do; a portal in itself doesn't have much combat ability, but if you're creative about how you position it you can make things a lot more tricky.

Prosak

So it is like Black Sabath meets Justice? Moves around in shadow and control's others through holes in their body? Any way I think the best type description for a stand like this would be: An Automatic, Sentient, Humanoid Control Based stand. Bit of a mouthful lol.But it is an apt description. Im wondering, not sure but based on the personality do you plan on him being an antagonist? Ally, or an antagonist to ally? (Because in true Jojo fashion, there is nothing quite like beating someone miserably and accepting them as an ally after. lol)

Any way, it is fine to borrow  ideas from characters in other shows, it is your character in the end right? But, Johny is from the same show we are fan basing and while typically that is a no go, this is a alternate reality. Meaning it is more then ok for your character to suffer the same Johny does, as long as your not copying Johny himself if that makes any sense let me know. Haha!

Gateman: Oh no worries, lol I never thought you meant it negatively. Just thought it was worth mentioning in the case of anyone unfamiliar. 

And I really agree with that sentiment, honestly. I love jojo for it's seemingly weak and simplistic abilities turning out to be secretly terrifying under the right applications. Sure OP powers can be fun to see, but watching some one know how to use their ability to a frightening degree is even cooler. I actually have a few of those planned ^^ .

Andol

Oh he would probably be better as an antagonist to ally. Charles is easily the type to fall under the good guy going about things in the wrong way trope if need be. So if that would make for an interesting start the story line I am game... sort of like in Diamonds are Unbreakable having a lot of this. Plus Charles could then afterward be useful to the heroes for patching them up, in a real medical sense I guess...

I was just using Johnny as an example. Basically he can't move his legs and needs a wheel chair. Difference is he uses his stand to make him mobile while Johnny used the Spin I think. I am not far enough along in Steel Ball to get that part well enough. Of course using it to do this cost him, so yeah, but he has prepared. Put that wheel chair to work in a sense for over the top Jojo James Bond style storage moments. XD... Nothing major, fun stuff all around. 

Oh and I have edited it now...

Gateman

Quote from: Prosak on November 30, 2017, 05:12:03 PM
Gateman: Oh no worries, lol I never thought you meant it negatively. Just thought it was worth mentioning in the case of anyone unfamiliar. 

And I really agree with that sentiment, honestly. I love jojo for it's seemingly weak and simplistic abilities turning out to be secretly terrifying under the right applications. Sure OP powers can be fun to see, but watching some one know how to use their ability to a frightening degree is even cooler. I actually have a few of those planned ^^ .
if you like stuff like that, you should take a look at Law of Ueki. It's full of seemingly useless powers, either because the powers could be weak on their own (the titular Ueki's only power in the beginning is the ability to turn trash into trees, while another competitor can turn towels into steel when he holds his breath), or because they have massive restrictions (Ueki's best friend Ai can basically temporarily brainwash someone, but only if she can get them to strike a Goody Two Shoes pose, and the main antagonist can make ideals reality, at the cost of one year of his lifespan every time he uses it).