News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Non-romantic Game/Story Requests

Started by That One Dingus, September 09, 2016, 06:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That One Dingus

Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forum and am currently Unapproved Approved and ready to get into a story/game/RP.

For the sake of clarification, I will post my preference as to whether the concept is freeform RP or a game based on a system. I will also whether the game as either solo or possible as a group.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Troll Soup for the Soul [Freeform] [Solo]

For a long time, I've wanted to play as a troll. Big, clumsy, temperamental... He appears to be a normal troll on the surface, but he was given the name "Nigel" by a mysterious "Mama Mashed Potatoes" and his one passion in life is to cook. Of course, being a troll, his idea of exotic cuisine exceeds far beyond that of any human stomach. His dream is to open a kitchen where beings of all races can come in and dine. He hasn't lost his taste for the flesh of sentient beings, but he does have one rule: they have to try and kill him first. For now, though, he is stuck being simple muscle for those who are more of a monster than he is.

What I am looking for a RP partner/Storyteller willing to talk about the second most influential moment of Nigel's life: meeting a young fairy named Cierrah. Sweet and doting, Cierrah is secretly a Princess of the Winter Fae Court that is on the run for some reason. Since the world is run by xenophobic humans, who hunt elves and dwarves with as much malice as anyone else due to the false racial superiority instilled in them by the evil god Zarus, Cierrah views living in a monster enclave as the only real option for survival. At the time of their meeting, Nigel is under the employ of Vlaade, a drow (dark elf) male granted incredible authority over an underground enclave of monsters by the females of his House. This enclave, one of the few that remains hidden, is called Citadel. Eager to inflict the same pain and humiliation on others that he himself suffers from the females of the House, Vlaade is a cruel taskmaster who takes unholy joy in cutting off the limbs of those who displease him. Realizing that it is only a matter of time before Vlaade visits his malicious intentions upon the fairy, Nigel takes it upon himself to care for someone else for once in his life and makes a daring escape attempt with her.

Now, the two of them are on their own, with no enclave to fall back on. Hunted by humans who hate them for simply being alive and also by the equally merciless agents of a certain drow denied his toys. In the face of such odds, how can there be a happy ending?

I actually tried running this character in a tabletop game, but its eventual death gave me time to realize that dice rolling holds back a lot of the story's limitations. I'm looking for a more freeform experience with this one. Since the main relationship in this story is about blossoming friendship, rather than romance, I don't care if the person playing Cierrah is a Lord, Lady, or Liege. Since so much of Cierrah's backstory is blank, I give free reign for someone to put their own details in. All I ask is that, at least to Nigel, she is gentle and kind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reclaim the Mountain [System] [Solo/Group]

The Dwarves of Middle-Earth have long been in decline. The line of Durin was broken with the death of Thorin Oakenshield and the Dwarves lose more of their holdings to the Darkness as the years go by.

For one Dwarf, however, there will be no quiet slipping away into the dark. A company of twelve dwarves and one Hobbit was able to reclaim Erebor from a dragon and hold it in the face of Men, Elves, and Orcs. Now, the time has come to reclaim the original home of the Dwarves: Khazad-dum, known as Moria to the other Free Peoples.

This game would be about reclaiming Moria, section by section, fortifying and holding against its goblin and troll occupiers. There will surely be death and loss before all is said and done, but no battle worth fighting was ever won easily.

Obviously, much of this concept focuses on action, but there would also be RP sections where the Dwarves of the expedition resolve their differences and find kinship. I want someone who is well-versed in Tolkien's writings, and has respect for the red-headed stepchildren of Middle-Earth, to help guide me in filling in that blank period of Tolkien's timeline.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One Last Hunt [System: Saga Edition?] [Solo/Group]

I'd like to think that I know a significant amount about the (unfortunately, retconned) Expanded Universe in Star Wars and have been wanting to try out a character concept.

It's about a middle-aged, one-armed Trandoshan bounty hunter. For those of you who know about Star Wars and are paying attention, you'll know exactly what is wrong with that sentence. Maybe that will get you to PM me to at least understand why I would say something so stupid.  ;D

What I will say for now is that this hunter, Krassok, has come to regret the cruelty and impulsiveness of his youth and wishes to find some sort of penance. Ideally, the game/story would be set some time between Episode 1 and Episode 6 in the cinematic universe.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone wants any further details, feel free to post here. Posting these questions publicly will save me the possibility of answering the same question multiple times.
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)

That One Dingus

Updated with two new story ideas and some better formatting.
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)