Dragon Age [Interest Check]

Started by Primarch, June 08, 2011, 11:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alliance

Do we all have to be survivors? It really limits the play of creativity.

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 04:19:51 PM
Do we all have to be survivors? It really limits the play of creativity.

Nah, its just an idea being thrown out to give us a starting point.

Alliance

Cause I was considering if we had the Ostagar thing.

That some come from other parts of the places. Like they came to late to save Ostagar and find survivors.

I just like a neat box of different kinds of characters and stuff.

Let's not pull a Hawke on this RP.

Scribbles

Is there space for one more in this RP? I've been hesitant to ask after seeing how many pages the interest thread is already on.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: Scribbles on June 08, 2011, 04:26:34 PM
Is there space for one more in this RP? I've been hesitant to ask after seeing how many pages the interest thread is already on.

You are very welcome to join. ^.^

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 04:23:16 PM
That some come from other parts of the places. Like they came to late to save Ostagar and find survivors.

I just like a neat box of different kinds of characters and stuff.

Suits me fine.

Primarch

Name: Galrauch Cousland
Race: Human
Origin: Human Noble

Appearance:

Character Type: Warrior
Specializations: Champion, Berzerker
Talents/Spells:
Powerful - Threaten - Bravery
Mighty Blow - Powerful Swings - Two Handed Strength - Two Handed Sweep
Berserk - Resilience
Warcry - Rally

Skills:
Combat Tactics - Improved Tactics
Combat Training - Improved Combat Training - Expert Combat Training - Master Combat Training

Equipment:
Veridium Body, Feet, hands
Red Steel Greatsword - Journeyman Ice Rune + Journeyman Lightning Rune
Ring of the Warrior
Charm of Still Waters

Personality:
Most people will tell you Galrauch is a pleasant sort to be around, he enjoys friendly banter and rarely refuses a drink. A Champion of Highever, he is known to be a man of courage and honour, but has a wild fury that served him well at the battle of Ostagar. He is highly sensitive about the recent murder of his family and is liable to explode at someone who believes the claims that his parents were traitors. It is known by some that his favourite gifts include paintings, maps & silver jewellery.

Backstory:

Son of Teyrn Bryce Cousland, Galrauch has had a privileged upbringing. In his youth he was often forced to study, even if he would rather play knight. He always dreamed of being a knight, so much so that he promised his older brother Fergus that when Fergus inherited his father's position as Teryn that Galrauch would be his champion knight. They would ride into battle together, fighting foes of any kind. That was the dream at least. As he got older things didn't change very much, although his studies started to include a sword more and more often.

Most recently, they had a visitor in Highever, one Duncan of the Grey Wardens. The idea of Galrauch becoming a Grey Warden was brought up, while Galrauch rather liked the idea, his father was rather against it. Fate had an interesting way of doing things however. The night Duncan departed, another guest, Arl Rendon Howe revealed his true colours. Most of the guard that remained after Fergus's departure was butchered. Galrauch found his parents, but the state was dire. Reluctantly he was forced to depart, so that he might warn Fergus and see Arl Howe punished for his crimes. Galrauch rode out to Ostagar, to catch up with both Duncan and Fergus. Unfortunately however he wouldn't find Fergus, and wouldn't find Duncan until it was too late. He took part in the battle, but like the other forces who actually took part in the battle were smashed by the Dark Spawn horde.

Galrauch, although wounded wasn't killed. He managed to drag himself to safety and passed out for sometime. He has just awoken, confused and unsure how to continue.

Scribbles

AA and OO

Alliance

Its only three pages Scribbles.

Omg, I really need to take a nap. I should do so.

bubby

*Has left everything about her char but the pic up to Hanged..hopes she can live up to the RP..MEOWS at Primarchs pic*

Alliance

I'll get my character up when I get back from my nap. I'm really starting to fade folks.

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 04:40:50 PM
I'll get my character up when I get back from my nap. I'm really starting to fade folks.

Off to the fade? Enjoy. Stay away from those desire demons!

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 05:13:18 PM
I have finished my character sheet.

Seems fine. Although Farsight doesn't strike me as much of an Elven name.....a nickname perhaps.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 05:16:59 PM
Seems fine. Although Farsight doesn't strike me as much of an Elven name.....a nickname perhaps.
Yeah. It's an alias he's adopted. I'll be damned if I could think of a good Elven sounding name, so for now, I figure the alias would work well enough.
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 08, 2011, 05:28:25 PM
Yeah. It's an alias he's adopted. I'll be damned if I could think of a good Elven sounding name, so for now, I figure the alias would work well enough.

You could go with Theron "Farsight" Mahariel. If one wanted to play with the idea of being an individual who missed being recruited by Duncan, like my character is the Human noble.

Scribbles

Name: Kayla Silverfall
Nickname: Kay
Origin: Human Guard for the Couslands

Appearance:

Character Type: Warrior
Specializations: None
Talents/Spells:
Precise Striking -> Taunt -> Disengage
Shield Defense -> Shield Balance -> Shield wall
Shield bash
Dual Weapon training -> Dual weapon finesse
Dual Striking -> Riposte

Skills:
Combat Tactics - Improved Tactics
Combat Training - Improved Combat Training - Expert Combat Training - Master Combat Training

Equipment:
Iron Chainmail Armour (chest, boots, hands, helm)
Iron Longsword, Iron dagger
Iron Shield
Golden Ring
Amulet of Accord

Personality:
Kay's the type who is serious while in battle or on duty but generally upbeat when just enjoying life. She can be exceptionally curious (unless ordered not to be) and so usually isn't afraid of seeking out a little adventure or causing a bit of trouble. If a crate has a do-not-touch etched into its top then it likely won't be long before Kay's prying it open. This doesn't mean she isn't the type to think things through however. She will usually avoid an act or object if she feels it might harm her or someone else in any way.

Backstory:
For as long as Kay can remember her family has loyally served the nobles of their homeland, from the humble honour as a serf to the more valorous one of a guard. And for decades her house has decided the role of each child either by the hands of the nobles themselves or through a test of martial skill. It was with reluctance that Kay was forced to endure the latter, pitting her in non-lethal combat against her own until she felled each and every one of her siblings for the right to take up the sword. It was a gruelling task but one which brought her away from the tired chores of filling cups of wine, or folding bed sheets, and into the exciting field of a guard, where she would instead stand for HOURS guarding this or that random door or gate.

The boredom she had to endure at times was almost enough for her to lament her win and romanticise the life of a servant. She'd even reminisce about the times before the small tournament where she would spar with her uncle in preparation or help the family around the house and out in the fields. Unfortunately, it was a life she'd rarely see until the end of her new role, where death, age or grievous injury were the only means to return to her family's farmstead.

During her time as a guard Kay has seen very little action. She's helped fend off the odd band of brigands, maintained the peace and even worked as protection for guests or the nobles themselves. When off duty she's grown to love a good game of cards and a warm mug of cheap ale. It was the humdrum of this life which gave her the irrational jump of excitement at being called out to battle. With the rest of the guard she marched out under the house's orders into what she expected to be a swift but daring victory against their enemy. The only difference between her and the rest of the soldiers was that her squad's captain received a special command to watch out for Fergus, oldest son of Bryce Cousland.
AA and OO

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 05:42:16 PM
You could go with Theron "Farsight" Mahariel. If one wanted to play with the idea of being an individual who missed being recruited by Duncan, like my character is the Human noble.
Yeah, I'll go with that name and idea.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

Tweaked the post. And brushing up on my Dalish lore...hmmm, what god to have him follow. Andruil makes the most sense, but I might have him go against the grain and venerate Fen'Harel...
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Scribbles

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 06:22:23 PM
Kayla looks good so far!

Thanks! I'm probably only going to be able to finish her tomorrow though. The talent, skills and armour pages look like a heavy read.
AA and OO

Primarch

Quote from: Scribbles on June 08, 2011, 06:28:02 PM
Thanks! I'm probably only going to be able to finish her tomorrow though. The talent, skills and armour pages look like a heavy read.

If your unfamiliar with that side of things I could help? You could send me a PM wit the kind of character you have in mind and I could recommend stuff?

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 04:40:50 PM

Good luck! I'm going for a nap myself...the nap of going to sleep tonight and waking up in the morning XD
In otherwords I shall take a looksy at the fine character you produce in the morning.

For those who are viewing, we are still welcoming characters & idea's!

Question Mark

Name: Marc Alton

Origin: A mage of the Fereldan Circle.  Marc was part of the small envoy sent to assist at Ostagar.  During the rout, he and a couple of other mages took advantage of the chaos and distraction to kill their templar guardians, then scattered into the wilderness.  Marc will stumble across the other PCs at the start of the RP

Appearance:

Character Type: Mage

Specializations:
Spirit Healer - Marc has always been a natural healer.  Living in the Circle for so many years has only taught more about anatomy.
Battlemage - The typical battlemage training received by those sent into the fray.
Frost - Not an actual specialization obviously.  Marc just prefers frost based attacks.

Talents/Spells:
Blood Magic - Marc knows blood magic.  He is loathe to use it.  As he likes to say, though: "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."
Cone of Cold - A blast of frigid air and slivers of ice that can cause frostbite, deep cuts, and possibly blindness, in addition to all the other things frigid slivers of razor sharp ice would do.
Flaming Weapons - Before battle, Marc can study and temporarily enchant weapons to glow red hot yet retain their hardness.  The flames are illusionary, but definitely add to the effect.
Group Heal - A complex spell that bathes everyone nearby by in healing magic, healing small surface wounds.  Not as effective as a single, targeted heal.
Heal - Two types.  The first is a simple combat heal, where he directs healing energy into someone.  This heals minor wounds and stop bleeding and aches and pains.  The second is used out of combat, where Marc has time to study and better direct the wounds and healing energy.
Mass Rejuvenation - A wave of energy radiates briefly from Marc, refreshing all friends caught in it.  Helps alleviate poor moods, fatigue, hunger, thirst, and tiredness.
Regeneration - A heal  and rejuvenation spell mixed together, and more powerful than most.  This is Marc's heavy hitting combat heal.
Revival - Revives someone from deep sleep, unconsciousness, and can temporarily bring someone almost dead back to action.  The farther they are from consciousness, the more it takes out of Marc.
Vulnerability Hex - A simple hex that strips away most of the target's magic resistances, both natural and artificial, and leaves them slightly disoriented and vulnerable to unconventional and flanking attacks.
Weakness - A hex that instills exhaustion, and all it's consequences: poor reactions, weakened strength and stamina, lower morale.
Winter's Grasp - A spell that freezes humidity in the air around someone or something, condensing the ice on whatever he's targeting.  Literally looks like a mass of ice chips solidifying around it, thus the name "Winter's Grasp."

Skills:
Stealing (all ranks) - Personal belongings?  What are those?
Coercion (1 rank) - He's a pretty good liar.  It's the convincing he needs to work on.
Combat Training (1 rank) - Compliments of the Circle of Magi.

Equipment
Armor: Robes of the Gifted
Boots: Normal, brown cowhide boots with reinforced soles and toe.
Gloves: Rough leather, brown, with extra grip on the palms.
Helmet: Just a cape with a hood.  Brown mottled with slightly darker brown.  The hood has a clasp that can be secured about the neck.
Weapon: A treated oaken branch, reinforced with rings of red steel at several points.  Both the head - a small sphere - and the bottom piece - a snug cap - are also made of red steel.  It shoots small frost projectiles.  Marc calls it Harbinger.  Roughly 190 cm. long, and 10 kilograms.
Runes - 2 Journeyman Frost runes give the staffs projectiles a heavy impact.
Ring: A simple copper ring he uses as a focus when healing.

Backstory: The son of a pair of wealthy Antivan merchants.  He was sent to the Circle at the age of five, passed his Horrowing at 17, and was sent with a contingent of battle mages to Ostagar only recently.

Alliance

Name: Mawtra Vishion [Maw-truh / Vi-shi-on]

Race: Half Elf

Origin: Apostate + Grey Warden

Appearance:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

His face was grayish, dark and pale handsome with elegant bone structure of that of the elven people. Yet everything about him seemed more human than they did eleven. His face was strong and structured tightly like of a human male. He was both handsome with multi colored lizard scale like green eyes. Short dark hair in his hood, with bangs that sat atop his forehead. If he took of his hood, which he rarely did, his ears would be fine and human except for their more delicate and fragile almost elven look with a small tip at the end of them which rounded out nicely. He wore a blueish purple robe that was tattered and dirty, layers beginning to appear. Across his chest you caught sometimes flashes of metallic buttons, but they were hidden in the folds of fabric. He stands rather awkwardly height wise at 5'2". Not even average for a human male.

Character Type: Blood Battle Mage

Specializations: Blood Mage, Battle Mage, Arcane Warrior

Talents/Spells:

Draining Aura- The battlemage thrives in the heat of combat, creating a field that drains life from nearby enemies to heal the mage for as long as the spell is active. Each time an enemy is drained, the spell consumes a small amount of the battlemage's mana. [this can still be active when blood magic is active. that's why battle mage and blood mage is such a nice combination]

Hand of Winter- The battlemage releases a burst of intense cold, damaging nearby enemies as well as freezing them unless they pass a physical resistance check, and inflicting a penalty to movement speed otherwise. [great crowd control]

Stoic- The battlemage has learned to harness pain and transform it into power, restoring mana whenever the mage suffers damage. [another spell that can activate even when they are using blood magic]

Blood Wound- The blood of all hostile targets in the area boils within their veins, inflicting severe damage. Targets stand twitching, unable to move unless they pass a physical resistance check. Creatures without blood are immune.

Blood Control- The blood mage forcibly controls the target’s blood, making the target an ally of the caster unless it passes a mental resistance check. If the target resists, it still takes great damage from the manipulation of its blood. Creatures without blood are immune.

Blood Sacrifice- The blood mage sucks the life-force from an ally, healing the caster but potentially killing the ally. This healing is not affected by the healing penalty of Blood Magic.

Combat Magic- While this mode is active, the arcane warrior channels magic inward, trading increased fatigue for an attack bonus and the ability to use Magic to determine combat damage. Aura of Might and Fade Shroud improve the effects. Additionally, regardless of whether the mode is active, an arcane warrior who has learned this spell may use the magic attribute to satisfy the strength requirement to equip higher-level weapons or armor.

Aura of Might- The arcane warrior’s prowess with Combat Magic grows, granting additional bonuses to attack, defense, and damage while in that mode.

Shimmering Shield- The arcane warrior is surrounded by a shimmering shield of energy that blocks most damage and grants large bonuses to armor and all resistances. When active, however, the Shimmering Shield consumes mana rapidly.

Fade Shroud- The arcane warrior now only partly exists in the physical realm while Combat Magic is active. Spanning the gap between the real world and the Fade grants a bonus to mana regeneration and a chance to avoid attacks.

Skills: 

Survival

Combat Training

Clarity

Coercion

Vitality

Runecrafting

*Note- Yes I did this the sneaky way, but this is the way I would have done it in the game as well. Instead choosing three and ranking him max in one or close to max I just gave him all 1 and I will do his point 1 by 1. Technically that's six right there. You made my job more difficult with the adding of math and giving 6 points. Therefore I did it this way.

Equipment: All explained in his appearance and other section

Weapon- Novas, bladed staff

Personality: He's only ever trusted one person in his life, but grew up a life of hiding and learning the kind of prejudice you get when you practice a kind of forbidden magic. He has a deep hatred towards Templars the most. Especially the kind that really hate apostates. He blames them for the fall of the one and only man he ever trusted. All though the Templars never killed him, he has always had the inkling feeling that they were a somewhat part of it. He's generally a calm and wise kind of person. He's rather intelligent, but also kind of sadistic. Those who fight beside him know him as a kind of magical demon. His stare rather cold, calm and collective. And yet its filled with a kind of darkness that gives people the varied impression that he could be a villain. But there are some good sides to his personality. He honors trust and values respect. Those who do get passed his usual distrust and prove themselves honored, well respected, and trustworthy tend to have a grand relationship and friendship with him. Appearing rather calm and aloof, but at the same time cautious Vishion is a grand kind of warrior and friend.

Backstory: Father was an apostate mage. Mother was an elven whore. Raised in a brothel for only three years. Father came back to get nookie, instead he got a baby. The man seemed uninterested until the babe showed promise to magic. Stolen by the cover of the night by his pimp father. He was taught many things by his father, apostate tricks and ways to hide. At fourteen his father was killed and he was alone.

Other: I wanted to say that Vishion is one of the mages that sits very close to the Fade. Now I know that people who take um...what it is called Lythium or something like that can have Fade experiences. Well Vishion naturally has a closer connection. One being a mage and two almost experience strange Fade like moments. I think Vishion is Dragon Ages first mage with epilepsy, which gives him a weakness and an advantage to being a mage.

About Vishions clothes. He doesn't wear the common robe like all mages. Actually it looks like a robe, but it isn't. When you initially you see him like this however, its a bit of a false perception. Vishion actually wears a pair of leather pants underneath his robe, which is more like a military style jacket. Instead of having a slit in the front however, it has a slit on the side. It has enough extra fabric though that it hides the three military style buttons pinning the jacket robe together. Kind of like a military trench coat cloak thing. He wears a pair of knee high leather boots with knee guards on them. And he wears a black cotton shirt underneath his robe.

Vishion marks himself in battle with battle paint you can check it out on his appearance.