M.O.R.A.N.A :: A Hitmen/Mafia Type of Game [Seeking a Don, amongst others!]

Started by Faustus, December 28, 2012, 12:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xPeachyPuff

If you want to do that, Kitty, feel free. I've found pictures and an idea I could use for him, but I'm not sure if I could keep up with playing two characters. If I can think of working the idea into another position in this RP, then I might consider it. Hm....Lots to think about, haha.

-xSRx

Faustus

I have another male coming as well. Position undecided, but it will fall where we need at the time, I guess!

Those numbers look accurate, though. I need to send out a game-wide PM for everyone participating to get a final headcount, because I'm not sure that all the character sheets have been moved to their thread yet...

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

persephone325

Once I get my history up, I'll PM you my character sheet as well.

Faustus - Also, just from what is written would my character make a better Tech Support or would the Leader of the Rebels suit her? Or should it just wait until I write the history and then decide?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Faustus

Quote from: persephone325 on January 04, 2013, 04:18:53 PM
Once I get my history up, I'll PM you my character sheet as well.

Faustus - Also, just from what is written would my character make a better Tech Support or would the Leader of the Rebels suit her? Or should it just wait until I write the history and then decide?

I think she could go either way, really. I think some of her weaknesses would be endearing, and intriguing, if applied to the position of Leader (easily trusting? Imagine how someone could sneak in then, which opens up plot development..). She is very young, however, and I would be curious to see how someone so young became the respected leader! Not saying its impossible - quite the contrary - but I would be excited to read how she got there!

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

persephone325

Quote from: Faustus on January 04, 2013, 05:03:45 PM
I think she could go either way, really. I think some of her weaknesses would be endearing, and intriguing, if applied to the position of Leader (easily trusting? Imagine how someone could sneak in then, which opens up plot development..). She is very young, however, and I would be curious to see how someone so young became the respected leader! Not saying its impossible - quite the contrary - but I would be excited to read how she got there!

Good point. Hmm... I shall have to think about this some more. lol
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

xPeachyPuff

So I'm thinking of making a male Rebel character...But I'm not sure what his particular role could be. Does he need one and if so, any ideas?

-xSRx

persephone325

Alright. Got my history up, but I'm still debating on what her role should be...

And I hope my character's back story doesn't mess up the game play in any way.
I don't know.

CurvyKitten

My female rebel when I get her up is going to be a runner, and information gather but mostly an gifted in evasion. She doesn't get caught :P Probably trying to keep people from getting caught and helping people with hits on them possibly.  So you don't really have to limit yourself, depends on what you really want to do within the rebel society.

As long as you took the available information on the setting and what is going on. And didn't try to change the set stuff from the GM I imagine you should be good, but than again our lovely GM can say yes or no in the end.

Faustus

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 04, 2013, 05:26:14 PM
So I'm thinking of making a male Rebel character...But I'm not sure what his particular role could be. Does he need one and if so, any ideas?

-xSRx

For Rebels, we would need a Leader for them or Tech Support most, I guess. At current, they don't have a tech support to counter against the Brains, thus making them a bit vulnerable. Either of those roles would be needed, though, depending on what Persephone chooses for her character!

Quote from: persephone325 on January 04, 2013, 06:42:11 PM
Alright. Got my history up, but I'm still debating on what her role should be...

And I hope my character's back story doesn't mess up the game play in any way.

I don't see anything there that messes with the game! I think it is an interesting order her mother received, really. When I was crafting this idea a year ago, I never considered about families. Somehow, I tended to always see the Trinity Seekers as a bunch of single people with no families, haha! So this only adds another element, not detract.

I think its a fine history. You settle down with what role you want her to adapt to, then export her over to the accepted characters thread! :-)

persephone325

Thank you! I was just writing and was like "Hmm... Well what if this happens?" The worst you could say would be "Change it." lol

One more question before I finalize her role. If I were to say she would be the Leader, could I say that her history would basically be why she has that role?
I don't know.

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Faustus

Quote from: persephone325 on January 04, 2013, 07:18:12 PM
Thank you! I was just writing and was like "Hmm... Well what if this happens?" The worst you could say would be "Change it." lol

One more question before I finalize her role. If I were to say she would be the Leader, could I say that her history would basically be why she has that role?

Yes, I think it would be alright. It certainly gives her quite the reason to spearheaded such a campaign.

persephone325

Gotcha. :) And that's the end of my questions! (For now. lol)

I'll PM you my CS and then post it in the Character Thread. :)
I don't know.

xPeachyPuff

Username : xSnorkleRainbow.
Player Preferences : Doesn’t matter who I play with. I’m open to everyone.

Full Name : Connor Grayson.
Codename and Nicknames : Code Name: Chimaera – Given to him because of his past. (This will be explained further down the profile.)
Age and Birthdate : 28 years. 16th June (Gemini.)
Marital Status : Single.
Occupation : Rebel who is one of the few in charge of tech-support. Also the Leaders Right-Hand-Man/Go-To-Man.
Alliance : Completely disagrees with what the Trinity Seekers are doing and sides himself with the Rebels. 

Height : 6’0”
Weight : 12.5 Stone / 175lbs
Body Type : Well built. Connor’s body type would be described as a swimmers body; lean and athletic.
Hair : Mousy Brown.
Eyes : Brown – A hazelnut/chocolate colour.
Distinguishing Features : Along his right side is a large scar running from the side of his pectoral, down past his rib cage, ending on his right hip.
Optional Image : 1 2 3 4

•   Reading – One of his many past times.
•   Alcohol – Another of his many past times.
•   Smoking - …you get the picture?
•   Field work – He absolutely hates being stuck in a room with a computer and much prefers to work out in the field.
•   Adrenaline – He’s a bit of a daredevil and enjoys feeling the rush.
Dislikes :
•   Computers – He hates being stuck behind a computer with no one else to distract him.
•   Learning from other people – Connor is someone who likes to think they know everything. Therefore sitting him down and teaching him something new won’t be an easy task.
•   Sweet things – Whether it’s women or food, he hates sweet things. They leave a bad taste in his mouth.
•   People who are Physically Stronger than him – Again, he likes to think he’s the best at a lot of things and will be seriously pissed off if he loses a fight.
•   Pointless Murder – Which the Trinity Seekers seem to deal in these days, or at least they do so in his opinion.
Weaknesses :
•   Women – He can’t help himself around them and it usually leads to his downfall. Whether it be trusting a woman wrongly or spending time with her in the sack when he’s supposed to be on a job. He’s a bit of a smarmy git if you ask me.
•   Temper – Connor can be a little snappy, especially when he hasn’t had a smoke for a while and it causes him to say things that can seriously hurt people; he doesn’t notice what he says though, which can cause him to be a bit ignorant.
Strengths :
•   Intelligence – No matter how he tries to hide it, Connor is smart. That would be one of the reasons he was put in his position currently.
•   Endurance – Connor can keep at whatever he puts his mind to for a long period of time without any breaks. (Obviously he has his cigarette stops.)
Fears :
•   Being Caught – More than most, Connor is secretly afraid of being hit by the Trinity Seekers. He’s terrified of being important enough to be killed off.
•   Ghosts – Another thing he keeps to himself. He’s worried of the possibility that ghosts may be real. He could name one person he doesn’t need haunting by.
Goals :
•   In all honestly, Connor doesn’t have any other goal other than to not be killed.
Secrets :
•   When Connor was born, he wasn’t alone. He had a sibling, though this sibling was much closer than normal siblings. His brother was born at the same time and was attached to the right side of his torso; a Siamese twin. The two were in serve danger when they were born as their lungs were also attached and growing from the same tissue. Their father made the hard decision to save one of their children; Connor. They removed his brother carefully and patched his lung together to keep him alive while the other boy did not wake up from the aesthetic. Connor was under intensive care for a long time after the operation, but he supposed that it was better than being his brother.

Personality : Connor is always right. Or so he likes to believe. He’s very charming and welcoming, but if he catches a vibe that you could be interested (or even if you aren’t), he only wants to get you in bed. He likes to think he’s god’s gift to…everyone. That being said, Connor is actually very self-conscious and at the end of the day he sleeps with people because he wants intimate company. Though he is very likable and charming, he finds it hard to really trust people and doesn’t like having long-term friends/partners. (This, of course, is subject to change during the RP.)

History : As mentioned above, when Connor was born he was brought into the world attached to his twin brother; a Siamese twin. The siblings were hospitalized and were quickly taken into to surgery to split them. His parents were distraught for a long time, but his father made the choice to save him and ultimately kill his brother. They both shared one lung, for Connor it was his right, and after the operation it took the child a long time to get out of the intensive care unit. His mother was completely distraught and even though it seemed his father was holding himself together for Connor's sake. After his mother blamed herself for the first four years of his childhood, she began turning the blame on him. Everything was his fault. The first time she struck him confused him and hurt him; he didn't understand what he'd done but he remembered apologizing repeatedly while trying to comfort her only to be lashed at more and more. It became a regular thing, the beatings and his father seemed to be completely oblivious to them. The thought that his father would some day save him from his nightmare became his only hope, only to be taken away when the man moved out of the home and divorced his mother. Again, she blamed him and the beatings and verbal abuse continued thought they became worse since the man of her dreams leaving was apparently also his fault too.
As soon as he could, Connor moved out but as much as he felt disgusted with himself, he kept in touch with his mother. He visited her rarely but often sends her money packets to help support her.

Sexuality : Pansexual.
Turn On's :
•   Partners with dirty mouths.
•   Leaving a mark – Biting/Scratching.
•   Aggressive/Feisty Partners.
•   Risk of being Caught/Public Places.
•   Masturbation. (Being forced to watch someone do so.)
•   Passionate Partners who take/say what they want.
Turn Off's :
•   Scat/Bathroom Play/Vomit

Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes. Please PM first though.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Yeah…

Anything Else? Nothing as of yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here he is so far. What do you think? Would love to hear some feedback. Will probably do his History a bit later; I'm trying to play Far Cry 3 atm haha xD
-xSRx

Faustus

I love him already, SR! He's got some very interesting quirks, and I anticipate seeing his history getting up!

Oh, Far Cry 3? Is it good? I'm currently playing Eternal Sonata, pausing to check on here every little bit..

xPeachyPuff

Awesome. Glad you like him (:

And yeah! It's really good though I'm terrified of the water ;-; I have such a bad fear of water in games it's stupid xD I've always wanted to get Eternal Sonata but never did....How's that?

-xSRx

CurvyKitten

Nods~ great new characters people. :)

Resists the urge to write up her rebel...resists the urge.

Chreestafer

Um... Um... *salutes* can I um... Post ma'am!?!

*twitches lightly ready to kick off the game*
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Faustus

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 04, 2013, 09:59:47 PM
Awesome. Glad you like him (:

And yeah! It's really good though I'm terrified of the water ;-; I have such a bad fear of water in games it's stupid xD I've always wanted to get Eternal Sonata but never did....How's that?

-xSRx

It's wonderful fun! I love RPG games like this and had been meaning to play it FOREVER, but never got around to it. Playing as Chopin is also pretty amusing. If you like RPG style, it would reccomend it in a heartbeat.

Quote from: Chreestafer on January 04, 2013, 10:21:10 PM
Um... Um... *salutes* can I um... Post ma'am!?!

*twitches lightly ready to kick off the game*

Go right ahead, dear. :-) Anyone is free to post at any time.

Faustus

Username : Faustus
Player Preferences : Clearly, being a female playing men, I have no problem with whatever you are behind the monitor.

Full Name : Alastair Howell
Codename and Nicknames : Codename : Crowley. The connotation behind this is painfully obvious and, sometimes, Alastair feels a little embarrassed about it. However, the subtler meaning is an implication towards his preferred position. Crowley was an intelligent, philosophical man who left behind teachings. Alastair is much the same.
Age and Birthdate : 42, 15th April (Aries)
Marital Status : Divorced
Occupation : Brain Trainer – Permanent || Partnered to Kyle Young, resident Hitmen Trainer
Alliance : He wouldn’t slate total alliance with the Trinity Seekers, but he must be loyal enough to choose to train new recruits.

Height : 5’9” – a bit short for the average male.
Weight : 190 lbs
Body Type : Average, he would think, with possibly some softness beginning to really appear with age.
Hair : Dirty blonde, short cropped.
Eyes : Blue
Distinguishing Features : Alastair is not one to permanently mark his body, preferring to live a relatively normal life. He does, however, have a birth mark behind his right ear that would serve well for identification purposes if all other methods became unavailable.
Optional Image :

• Pastries : Alastair has an extreme weakness for pastries of all sorts. Cream puffs, confectionaries and imported ones tend to be his favourite ones. He has been known to accept them, on the occasion, as bribery.
  • Books : Like most intellects, he has a major weakness for the written word and cannot imagine a more perfect evening than being curled up in his home by the fire with his newest novel – Or an old flame, as it were.
  • Nature : He lives just outside of the main portion of the city within a smaller community. It gives him the opportunity to tend to and nurture his garden. It is a pastime he developed thanks to his ex-wife and, while he may have given her up, he hasn’t given it up yet.
  • Teaching : He genuinely enjoys what he does with his teaching of the new recruits. Perhaps he dislikes that they use their intelligence to hunt and kill, but he doesn’t show it. Instead, he sticks to his enthusiasm of the subjects at hand and imparts every inch of knowledge into them he can.
  • Teasing : It’s a favourite pastime of his to bother, pick and tease others. He rarely does this out of genuine malice or spite, but prefers to be very lighthearted about the entire affair.
Dislikes :
  • Birds : It sounds like an odd dislike at first, but the reality stems from the divorce with his wife. She kept birds in their home that tended to sing and twitter about. He, naturally, came to associate birds with her. Now? He can recoil at the sight of a bird, simply because it reminds him of her.
  • Bland Foods : Alastair is a bit of a closet gourmet, and due to this he is very particular about his foods, to the point that he refuses to eat the foods provided by the kitchens of the Trinity Seekers. Every meal he eats is brought from his home or picked up from a high-class restaurant he frequents.
  • Hitmen that enjoy their job too much : It bothers him to watch Hitmen who become so engrossed in their job that they forget, at the end of the day, they are taking human lives. He deplores, even worse, the ones that boast their latest kill.
  • Dog-Earing Books : He has been known to take the same book out of the individuals hands, closed it, and beat them across the head with it. It is easily one of his number one pet peeves, right up there with mouth breathers.
  • Marriage : The entire institution of marriage idea has lost its luster to this man. He won’t begrudge others their wishes, but he has a horrible track record for never showing up to a wedding when invited.
Weaknesses :
  • Left Knee : It wasn’t only his attitude, but his fitness, that kept Alastair from ever being able to become a Field Hitman himself – When he was young he suffered an accident that left him with a slight limp and a weakness in his left knee. He will still crumple rather instantly if struck here.
  • Allergies : In a beautiful twist of fate against his nature-love, Alastair has rather severe seasonal allergies that, if he forgets to take his medicine, will render him into a watery-eyed, sneezing mess that had best not leave his office.
Strengths :
  • Superior Ability : Clearly, Alastair must be one of the absolute best to be chosen as the trainer for all new Brain recruits. There are few who can do the job he does as good, or better, than he can. Those that can probably trained with him at some point.
  • Age : While he isn’t old, Alastair isn’t exactly a child anymore either. With age does come wisdom that others have not yet attained, and gives him greater insight into some situations than what others would see.
Fears :
  • His Ex : What self-respecting ex-husband wouldn’t be a little frightened of their former wife?
  • For his Children : Alastair fears that at some point one of this children will have a hit placed against them and he knows, deep down, that he will not aid the Trinity Seekers in that endeavor. It frightens him to imagine going against them, but his love for his children is stronger than the gear.
Goals :
  • Normalcy : All Alastair wants is to, one day, settle down and have a normal life again. Albeit a marriage-less life, but something resembling normalcy again would be nice.
Secrets :
  • Family : While it is arguably not a true secret, Alastair makes no mention of them at work or to anyone who asks. The reality is, other than his ex-wife, Alastair has two children. He has virtually removed them from his life, keeping them well out of his work and otherwise. It bothers him that he doesn’t see his kids, but he isn’t the least bit bothered about not seeing her.

Personality :
At first glance this often quiet, rather unassuming man would not gain your attention – And he certainly wouldn’t be pegged for his career off the bat. “Librarian” is often a misassumption about his choice of work, and Alastair is happy to let them think what they want while knowing better. He isn’t always quiet, however, and around those he knows he tends to be quite talkative, almost to a fault. Once his mouth starts running, sometimes it is difficult to get him to be quiet again. He is an animate and lively person about things that interest him and has a tendency to wear his feelings in an exposed way : the edge of his sleeve. Alastair understands the danger in operating in this manner, but either he doesn’t care or arrogantly steps over that fence.

He is, deep down, a prideful and arrogant man about his actions. This arrogance may very well have been part of what led to his downfall with his wife. Poor communication could have been the other half, but neither is very willing to talk about the subject. He can get hurt feelings over said subject and will quickly shut down the conversation, should it arise.

History :
It should first be noted that Alastair is foreign.

His transfer into what is now known as Morana was quite some time ago. Coming from Vienna to America as a child had its effects on Alastair, but he adjusted to the transition quickly and rather smoothly : moreso than his parents had been prepared for. Childhood itself was wholly unimportant and average, consisting of learning through the greatest private academies money – and Alastair’s grades – could purchase. He grew with hopes and dreams of becoming a famous author and turned to notebooks and pads, napkins, margins of assignments and all other manners to lay his love out upon.

Alas, this dream was not to become reality.

As he was graduating from his academy, Alastair was approached by the newly forming Trinity Seekers to work as a rudimentary Brain. Alastair, a young seventeen, laughed the entire prospect off as a joke and turned them down. He did not know how important they would later become, or how that first meeting would inevitably change his life.

By eighteen his life had already changed dramatically, but that was not in fault of the Seekers. His first year of University had landed him with a young woman he thought would be the lady of his dreams and, at first, she was. Receiving the news of your girlfriend’s impending pregnancy on your eighteenth birthday, however, is a less than desirable way to spend such a paramount year. But Alastair was not but devoted and immediately began to set into motion plans to wed his lovely lady so the child would be legitimate. He proceeded to struggle his way through University with a new wife and child in the middle to balance, working two separate jobs to maintain their lives. He scraped through University like this, the proud owner of a Bachelor’s in Literature with a minor in Creative Writing. . and promptly realized how little he could do with this degree. With another child coming into the picture, Alastair needed a job and he needed one fast.

That was when they reappeared in his life. This time, Alastair did not refuse the Trinity Seekers. He rose through the ranks rapidly and became one of the greatest Brains of his time. With a perfect kill ratio, often under 48 hours, Alastair found he was good at this job, and it scared him. His home situation was growing steadily worse as well, and before their first child’s tenth birthday, they had divorced. Being pragmatic, Alastair understood that he could not feasibly tend to the children and do his job. . And once you get in with the Seekers, you don’t leave. He made the painful decision to sign custody over to his ex-wife and sent them away, hoping they would grow and live in peace and joy.

She still sends him photos and he gets phone calls from time to time. They are some of his happiest moments.

In the meantime, Alastair’s position changed and look on that of the local trainer, tending to the new Brain recruits. The best would yield the best and, thus far, this has been true. Bernard Price is only one of his protégée, but he alone is a testament to Alastair’s teaching prowess.  Others have followed, and Alastair feels a mixed sense of pride and horror at what he has created.

Sexuality : Alastair doesn’t assign himself to one sexuality or the other. If it turns his head then so be it. This makes him Pansexual, he supposes, but he just hates terminology.
Turn On's :
  • To be filled out later, but I can say it’s a little expansive. I mean, he’s had awhile to figure it out, hasn’t he?
Turn Off's :
  • Bathroom Play : And by that, he cites if it ends up in the toilet he would rather have very little to do with it, thank you very much.
  • Injuring : While he isn’t above leaving behind marks of his love, Alastair is not into causing his lover undue pain. This does not mean he isn’t curious in s/m aspects – he quite is – but he will balk at the notion that someone wants him to really, really hurt them.
  • Petplay : He should be specific here. Alastair doesn’t mind the notion of petplay with another partner – either of them becoming the pet, really – but he will not take one that wants to be his “little bird.” See “Dislikes.”
  • Love at first Sight : While not so much a kink, it is a behaviour that bothers him. It was that same behaviour that got him into the situation with his wife, he doesn’t plan on it repeating itself anytime soon.
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Oh, I dare you. But, ah, yes I am clearly okay with this. As with my previous character, please PM first so I know you’re going to do it?
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? He doesn’t have a specific sexuality, so I don’t think I need to worry about this.

Anything Else? If you are inspired by his CS and would like to apply as his ex-wife or either of his two children, let me know and we’ll work something out together for it! I totally, and completely, would not be opposed to this decision.

Faustus

We are currently searching for anymore Hitmen and Brain characters! As well as the Don.

Really need Brains, though. We only have two.

So any applicants for players, we would love these three positions most, thank you!

xPeachyPuff

Alright. I've completed Connors history. I apologize it's not very long, but I hope it's alright.I'm looking to get a post up for each of them ASAP.

-xSRx

xPeachyPuff

Just wanted to double check if Connor was alright Faustus. If so, I'll go ahead and post his profile in the Character thread and then get to posting for him. I just wanted to make sure he was approved fully before I did so.

-xSRx

Faustus

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 07, 2013, 01:45:24 PM
Just wanted to double check if Connor was alright Faustus. If so, I'll go ahead and post his profile in the Character thread and then get to posting for him. I just wanted to make sure he was approved fully before I did so.

-xSRx

Oh! Heck yes, he is wonderful! I'm so sorry, I thought I had already cleared him, haha! No, he's lovely - Accepted in and Welcomed!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Faustus on January 07, 2013, 02:10:20 PM
Oh! Heck yes, he is wonderful! I'm so sorry, I thought I had already cleared him, haha! No, he's lovely - Accepted in and Welcomed!

Awesome! Thanks very much, glad you like him ^_^ Ill pop him in the character thread now then x

-xSRx